Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 68934 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2006, 04:46:31 AM »

Thanks for passing the message on to us Jarmo. And Axl and Merck, of course. The time, consideration and thought to us fans is greatly appreciated and respected. I'm sure that will settle things for the most part, leaving only the real nuisances or dickheads. One very small question though..see below..

Cool post, but one question..

What did Axl mean here (I just woke up so excuse me if this is a silly question)

"We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album."

No it's not a silly question.. Look i swear i'm not starting trouble.. but this sentence could be understood a few different ways..

"another shot at the future today with a new album" - may possibly be (mis?-)interpreted as "another shot at the future (which starts as of) today with the new album (coming out today)"? Any further clarification at all? Or a reference to the commencement of promo? or something like that?

I apologise if I read too much into it or if I seem to be persistent, I swear I'm not, just trying to defuse a potentially stirring comment?

I kind of thought that for a second too, but I think we're reading too much into it. I guess Ax meant 'today' in the broader sense. Didn't he? ?nervous *runs to the record store*
ben9785
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2006, 04:48:52 AM »

Thanks for passing the message on to us Jarmo. And Axl and Merck, of course. The time, consideration and thought to us fans is greatly appreciated and respected. I'm sure that will settle things for the most part, leaving only the real nuisances or dickheads. One very small question though..see below..

What did Axl mean here (I just woke up so excuse me if this is a silly question)

"We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album."

No it's not a silly question.. Look i swear i'm not starting trouble.. but this sentence could be understood a few different ways..

"another shot at the future today with a new album" - may possibly be (mis?-)interpreted as "another shot at the future (which starts as of) today with the new album (coming out today)"? Any further clarification at all? Or a reference to the commencement of promo? or something like that?

I apologise if I read too much into it or if I seem to be persistent, I swear I'm not, just trying to defuse a potentially stirring comment?

I kind of thought that for a second too, but I think we're reading too much into it. I guess Ax meant 'today' in the broader sense. Didn't he? ?nervous *runs to the record store*

I know bud but the thing is, that sentence is just..can be taken in so many different ways.
It almost sounds like they're saying "look, we want to clear all this shit up and think about the future, because the album's coming out now, so let's clear up all these concerns and negativity and start new because it all starts today"....
..anyway look I hate to persist about this, it just really struck me thats all. Anyway sorry, I won't dwell on it.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2006, 04:49:53 AM »

thanks for posting it Jarmo, much appreciated!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2006, 04:50:45 AM »

It would certainly be nice if he meant "today" literally, but I think the finished album would have been on the internet at least a week ago if that were the case.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2006, 04:51:44 AM »

CD ain't coming out today. He was talking about the future of the band today, as opposed to what it was, and what it could have become.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2006, 04:52:32 AM »

CD ain't coming out today. He was talking about the future of the band today, as opposed to what it was, and what it could have become.

Indeed.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
fixintodie
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2006, 04:52:37 AM »

I know bud but the thing is, that sentence is just..can be taken in so many different ways.
It almost sounds like they're saying "look, we want to clear all this shit up and think about the future, because the album's coming out now, so let's clear up all these concerns and negativity and start new because it all starts today"....
..anyway look I hate to persist about this, it just really struck me thats all. Anyway sorry, I won't dwell on it.

I'm going in to the city in a couple of hours, so I'll scan around for it. If it was out, we'd find out soon enough. ?Smiley

Plus I'm thinking that Axl and Merck's post will have been written yesterday (Monday).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 04:55:25 AM by fixintodie » Logged
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2006, 04:53:28 AM »

I dont think its cool to use this thread to bitch at everyone else. This is supposed to be a positive thread explaining what happened, why do you take it upon yourself to take shots at people??

You are no better than anyone else that has bitched about the band. There is no need to use this thread as a reason to jump on everyone else.

It was cool of them to post this so please take your negativity somewhere else.

it grew out of proportion because of the conflicting reports why the gig got canceled.

1st was that the fire marshalls stoped the show
2nd was, because to little tickets were sold

at the end people got pissed because they tought the band should have canceled the show earlier, and given some notice to the fans.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
estranged.1098
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2006, 04:57:07 AM »

I'm glad to read that, thanks for posting.

I didn't think the press release was as clarifying as they wanted it to be, but Beta clarified it well enough for me.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2006, 04:58:14 AM »

You know one thing I really like about this msg?? Its that they are saying let the "public" think what they want, but we are going to let the "true" fans know what really happened. Thats pretty fucking cool IMO, shows they do care about the fans that have been here for them all these years.

Honestly, this post has made me gain a lot of respect for Merck and Axl. Look at how they went out of their way to clear this up, they wouldnt have went to this trouble if they werent being honest.

And I have been one of the negative posters here, but after this im going to cut them a break, and stop being negative for awile. Im going to wait until the end of this year and see how chips fall. If we dont have a album or at least a release date, then I might hace to start doubting again, but im done bitching about it, lets see if everything works out as planned. ?
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2006, 04:59:18 AM »

i'm just wondering why this isn't posted on their official website.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2006, 04:59:58 AM »

I dont think its cool to use this thread to bitch at everyone else. This is supposed to be a positive thread explaining what happened, why do you take it upon yourself to take shots at people??

You are no better than anyone else that has bitched about the band. There is no need to use this thread as a reason to jump on everyone else.

It was cool of them to post this so please take your negativity somewhere else.

I stated an opinion and definitely wasn't speaking to EVERYONE as you had said twice. There is no need for you to respond to anything I say in this thread and ruin it.  I wasn't being negative about the band or HTGTH.  I simply said what I had to say to a few choice people. They know who they are and they can be upset with me.  You can send a PM you know.  I completely support the message we received, AS I SAID IN MY POST, so worry about yourself and not me.  Thank you.  I'm sorry that my post offended you, as it should to all the constantly negative people here.

EDIT:
And I have been one of the negative posters here,

No wonder you cried about what I said... go figure.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:07:49 AM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2006, 05:00:48 AM »

I think because they're talking about "HTGTH" and are responding to some of the comments that were made here.

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2006, 05:01:02 AM »

if something happens regarding the album til the 10th (and i specially talking about the MSG concert & some news about CD), then this sentence means something, if not, we're reading too much into it...

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
ben9785
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2006, 05:01:49 AM »

You know one thing I really like about this msg?? Its that they are saying let the "public" think what they want, but we are going to let the "true" fans know what really happened. Thats pretty fucking cool IMO, shows they do care about the fans that have been here for them all these years.

Honestly, this post has made me gain a lot of respect for Merck and Axl. Look at how they went out of their way to clear this up, they wouldnt have went to this trouble if they werent being honest.

And I have been one of the negative posters here, but after this im going to cut them a break, and stop being negative for awile. Im going to wait until the end of this year and see how chips fall. If we dont have a album or at least a release date, then I might hace to start doubting again, but im done bitching about it, lets see if everything works out as planned. ?

Good on you. I complete agree and that was the whole point of this message; to try to clear up any criticism or negativity as best as they could, and without making it sound like you in particular were a troublemaker, which im sure you werent and im sorry if it comes across like that, but generally, for people who had doubts, let's say, that it clears up. And I agree, not that I never did, but it made me appreciate and respect Merck and Axl alot more.

And that sentence about the album continues to intruge me. But I'm not going to dwell on it. Unless people don't mind a post in free discussion relating to this lol. Nah im not that desperate to. Anyway, thanks for tolerating my wonderings. I'll just wait and see. Sorry I just can't help thinking about it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:03:31 AM by ben114 » Logged
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2006, 05:02:11 AM »

I think because they're talking about "HTGTH" and are responding to some of the comments that were made here.
i think otherwise...but i will keep it for myself..don't want to get banned here Tongue

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2006, 05:07:22 AM »

And that sentence about the album continues to intruge me. But I'm not going to dwell on it. Unless people don't mind a post in free discussion relating to this lol. Nah im not that desperate to. Anyway, thanks for tolerating my wonderings. I'll just wait and see. Sorry I just can't help thinking about it.

It does me as well lol, ive read it about 50 times and still cant figure out the meaning. As of now, im taking it as maybe he means that he is just going to take all the heat and not worry about it, because the future is the new album, no need to dwell on the past.

I really dont know for sure though lol
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2006, 05:09:12 AM »

2. I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly

Jarmo is your greatest ally and he has a proximity to us that is to your benefit. No one else in the online community has it. He has credible information for you directly from the source. We are not looking for any negative favours. It is not how the band has ever operated. It is not how Axl operates and it is not how I operate.

This is by far the most important statement! For those of you who have been flaming Jarmo for deleting post he is not only doing us favor but the band a favor.
Thanks for passing the messages by to us, I have said it a million times Jarmos action is why HTGTH is the best Guns site on the net PERIOD!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:10:52 AM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
ben9785
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2006, 05:09:57 AM »

It does me as well lol, ive read it about 50 times and still cant figure out the meaning. As of now, im taking it as maybe he means that he is just going to take all the heat and not worry about it, because the future is the new album, no need to dwell on the past.

I really dont know for sure though lol

Neither do i man. I just..arghh.. It can be taken in too little and too many ways. I'll start a thread in off topic discussion?
I think at the very least Jarmo can appreciate that in return for their respect and thoughts to us we are trying to take our own initiative in managing our posts in the best possible manner lol
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2006, 05:10:42 AM »

I think its wonderful that Merck and Axl (and Beta) came down here specifically even though most artists would see it as being below them to talk directly to the fans in such a fashion. Just shows that GNR are a different breed, which is why we all care so much!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: