Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 68990 times)
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2006, 05:13:02 AM »

Blimey. Axl's taking a leaf out of Bumblefoot's book...  Smiley

SG
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2006, 05:28:11 AM »

2. I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly

I agree half heartedly about that statement.

Because yes, while I do agree that some meaningless random posts of negativity should be deleted. Why are threads regarding websites listing cool articles about CD (rollingstone), tv ads featuring new GN'R music (Harley-Davidson) and website updates (Del James article on gnr.com) not allowed to be discussed?
These are hardly "negative" topics that they are pointing out. If anything, they are generating more excitement amongst us fans. ok

And this shouldn't be seen as a negative post either, I'm just curious why management would want to delete things that would create good hype?

Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing what is to come in last few weeks of the year for GN'R. beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2006, 05:29:30 AM »

Two words...

Told Off

Thanks Merck & Axl, and even a re-thanks to guys like Ron & Baz for trying to re-assure the fans, and shed light on the current situation & the reasons behind Portland.

Have fun at Madison Square... ?ok

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2006, 05:33:23 AM »

lol at least we know axl does read the forums from time to time! And how big these forums r eally are!

html sucks
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2006, 05:33:28 AM »

2. I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly

Because yes, while I do agree that some meaningless random posts of negativity should be deleted. Why are threads regarding websites listing cool articles about CD (rollingstone), tv ads featuring new GN'R music (Harley-Davidson) and website updates (Del James article on gnr.com) not allowed to be discussed?
These are hardly "negative" topics that they are pointing out. If anything, they are generating more excitement amongst us fans. ok

And this shouldn't be seen as a negative post either, I'm just curious why management would want to delete things that would create good hype?

Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing what is to come in last few weeks of the year for GN'R. beer

get on another forum

there are millions: www.chinesedemocracy.com  www.gunsnroses.us

edit: my point was that forums is a place where you can discuss things in a free way, that's all.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 06:10:01 AM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2006, 05:36:49 AM »

get on another forum

there are millions: www.chinesedemocracy.com ? www.mygrn.com ? www.gnrfrnace.com ? www.gunsnroses.us

a lot.

come here to read the news and discuss politics, if you want rant, go somewhere else Smiley

You completely missed my point.

I ain't ranting at all. I suggest you read what I wrote again.

I'm a happy camper that they addressed these things and that all is good in GN'R camp and will continue to post here as I have been doing so for many many years.

I suggest YOU go somewhere else if you don't like it. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2006, 05:38:17 AM »

it was very nice that Merck and Axl took the time to talk about that - thanks for posting that... but my opinion is that some things... that are facts shouldn't get censored... e.g. the harley ad, the del james article, some pictures... etc etc...

on the other hand i understand how bad is to start roumors and stories that they are away from the reality...

enjoy the US tour ?Smiley

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2006, 05:39:48 AM »

You two...take it pm's.

On topic, I was expecting an statement and we got it.? Smiley
ben9785
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2006, 05:41:57 AM »

it was very nice that Merck and Axl took the time to talk about that - thanks for posting that... but my opinion is that some things... that are facts shouldn't get censored... e.g. the harley ad, the del james article, some pictures... etc etc...

on the other hand i understand how bad is to start roumors and stories that they are away from the reality...

enjoy the US tour ?Smiley
Yeah, I guess people are jumping the guns on some things. Well people involved with whatever the concern is, pictures or rolling stone article or whatever, there's no way for us to know though.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2006, 05:42:05 AM »

Very glad Merck and Axl made this post! Thanks guys. Just sad you even had to do it. Wish some people would have a little more respect.
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

Nice to get a message from the man himself and it shows that he cares about keeping us informed with the right information instead of letting us be swayed by the wrong information.  It must be pretty cool for Jarmo to be called an ally.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2006, 06:00:42 AM »

Thank you Axl, Merck and Beta for clarifying the situation - and Jarmo too for giving them the forum in which to do it. ?Wink ?That said, I can't help but feel sad that they felt that it was necessary to do this. ?After all there had already been an explanatory press release but still this didn't seem good enough for some people, and in all honesty, I've no doubt that those same people will manage to find something to criticise in this statement as well.

At a time when the future for GNR is looking brighter than it has in years, GNR fan sites should be brimming with confidence and positivity and ready to welcome new fans and lapsed, but now returning, fans into the fold. ?Instead of this, and particularly since the start of the NA tour, I've often felt that a dark and gloomy shadow is haunting the board, and especially certain topics, threatening to drain the energy that some of us try to bring to our contributions to this community.

Before this is misread and misunderstood, I'm not saying that all opinions have to be in accord with mine. ?On the contrary, a discussion board where everyone agreed with each other would soon become lifeless, and as tiresome to read as the continuous complaining from a small, but very vocal, minority on here has become.

Axl and Merck have gone out of their way to explain the truth behind the recent events, and have also vocalised their support for Jarmo and this site; I hope that when the next unexpected event occurs, people will remember this and not jump to conclusions before they're in possession of all the facts (and there have been far too many incidents of this happening recently for me to even start posting examples).

Finally, I've never doubted Axl's commitment to Guns N' Roses and his actions over the years have proved to me that when it comes to putting on a show, he never goes on stage intending to give less than 100% of himself to the performance. ?To my mind, this shows his consideration and respect for me as a fan and it's why I, in turn, respect him and try to reflect this in my conduct as a GNR fan, whether through my behaviour at a concert or on a fansite messageboard.

Thanks again, guys, and enjoy the rest of the tour; you too, Jarmo!? peace

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2006, 06:01:37 AM »

Axl should do this more often. This shut's up all the negative people. thousands, millions, have something bad to say, Axl says 100 words, and everyone goes silent.

I really hope this settles this Civic Centre show once and for all. It's not Axl's fault, end of story. He's absolutley right, he's played all the shows this year without a hitch, one show goes wrong, and everyone flips. Give Axl the credit he deserves for changing the stigma of the new Guns and Roses around and making them TRULY a respectable band.

And nice to see they really do pay attention to these boards in the Guns and Roses camp. Just goes to show how much us fans really mean to them

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2006, 06:05:49 AM »

thank fuck!!!

i must admit i feared the worst yesterday, i didnt post but i thought........."fuck". although it was different from before when shows got pulled and there was just silence. so this i excellent.

i think its great that axl, beta, merck posted on HTGTH. and its great that Jarmo is trusted within the band, it clears up the people who are negative. i think they're negative because of the myth that has become chinese democracy................

put it this way, when the album comes out, i think all this shit will stop. you'll get some whiners hanging around, and the geeks here trying to twist the lyrics from the songs to suit whatver they want.

we all support GnR, so lets pull together, i mean, we want the band to be successful!!!

my only grip, censoring news articles that are already in the public domain....................................whats the point, your just fooling yourself? like having crabs but just ignoring it because you're to embarssed to go to the doctor! hihi rofl

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2006, 06:06:30 AM »

To all the haters out there...YOU GOT TOLD! yes

I'm sick of all this negative shit floating around these boards!

And really I would be at the concerts if I lived in America! But heeey...I saw them three times in Britain peace

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2006, 06:07:24 AM »

i'm just wondering why this isn't posted on their official website.

I think because they're talking about "HTGTH" and are responding to some of the comments that were made here.
i think otherwise...but i will keep it for myself..don't want to get banned here Tongue

No, please post it, I'm so interested to find out...

About the message, thanks. I'm so glad Merck and Axl finally spoke.

I hope that some of the whinners will shut the fuck up now. There were other ways to make you shut up, but I chose not to use them.

From now on, I'll be less patient... I've reached my limits last night and this morning with some nutcase on this board...

When you have Beta posting on this board, and you don't respect what she's saying, you're fucked in my book.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2006, 06:10:01 AM »

When you have Beta posting on this board, and you don't respect what she's saying, you're fucked in my book.

not only in yours......

this is great by the way!  thanks for the clarification axl and merck ok

communication with the fans ain`t a crime... can`t wait for CD peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ben9785
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2006, 06:13:08 AM »

not only in yours......

this is great by the way!? thanks for the clarification axl and merck ok

communication with the fans ain`t a crime... can`t wait for CD peace
Definitely, with no offense at all intended for those who are linked to GNR/Axl, for someone like Beta, who is close to Axl not only professionally but personally (from my understanding), to take the time to try to clear up some things, and to be disrespected like that, is just generally directly and simply fucking rude and just, yeah, fucked up man.

Hopefully we will hear more from them again in the future, but next time we do, I sincerely hope it's not in direct response to a negative situation
Ana Vader
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2006, 06:20:11 AM »

This is wonderful!!!
I'm very glad with this post.
Thank you!! Grin
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2006, 06:24:10 AM »

This is excellent. A huge thank you for the post... Clears a _lot_ of things and removes frustration from people who are more than willing to jump to conclusions and always assume the worst about everything.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:58:24 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: