Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:04:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 68989 times)
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2006, 03:36:56 AM »

Very cool ?Grin I still don't agree with the censoring since I think it's only fair to hear both sides of a story but that's not relevant in this thread...kudos to Axl/Merck for doing this ?beer

* only one question who the hell is R kelley? Wink

R Kelly is a singer who go in trouble a couple years ago for making videos of himself urinating and defecating on underage girls. ?ok

Maybe they should go back to dropping Clay Aiken's name instead of R Kelly's.

hehe I was joking I know who R Kelly is, but since they spelled it wrong......well you get it? Smiley

I know.. I just never get tired of making that guy look like shit (no pun intended).

Back on topic... I'd still like to know what the fans of Portland think of the statement. I, personally, think it was pretty cool of them to do it (even if it was needed to get GNR out of hot water). But I wasn't one of the 3400 people who bought a ticket and made arrangements to go see a concert the other night.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2006, 03:41:14 AM »

That's nice of Merck and Axl to communicate like this with the fans. Thanks guys and good luck on the rest of the tour! Too bad I can't make it this time! Sad

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2006, 03:50:44 AM »

2. I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly.

first i did a positive post on page 2, but after reading mercks/axls message again (btw, i still stick to my first post), i'm just wondering about one thing: WE as the posters don't get censored, unless WE spread lies and disinformation. i guess the HD-advertising incident was then i lie i guess... or was it a disinformation? just can't figure it out. (sorry for the sarcasm, i understand, that a lot of internet-news services look at HTGTH for news, but we get a little censored due to that. wouldn't do harm to ackknowledge that.)

anyways that for taking time to get a message out.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2006, 04:04:11 AM »

I'll put my hands up and apologise. I was pretty pissed off at the news yesterday but can you blame us?

I still consider myself to be a big "true" fan... its just hard sometimes when you want this band to do well and become big again but silly things seem to get in the way.

Maybe we do need to take a lil step back and chill a bit.

7 tuesdays remaing  ok
Golden_Johnson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2006, 04:08:48 AM »

I'd like to echo the sentiments here and thank Axl and Merck for a show of true class.

Cheers guys.
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 04:13:01 AM »

It's nice to have Merck and Axl talk to us as fans and not through the dreaded Press Release...Thanks Guys and Jarmo!!

So, Axl and Merck, about THAT album now.....

Wink
Shocko10
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2006, 04:14:05 AM »

Hey guys never usually bother to post as most of the time this place (as per the message) is full of people complaining and bitching.

Just wanted to say that I have been waiting for this album for as long as I can remember and to be honest if I have waited this long a little longer simply doesnt bother me!!!

Finally this year I got to see GNR in Dublin, Donnington, Wembly (twice) and by a massive stroke of luck I was present at the acoustic gig in London also.

THIS BAND FUCKING ROCKS. All of the shows I have seen have been excellent, as in the first post most of the shows have gone off without incident so why complain now. It appears as though there is a valid reason for the cancellation so STFU.

The only people that have a right to complain are the 3500 that were all set for a rocking GNR show. Anyone who sits at their PC and then just bitches about something that they were never going to anyway need to get a life....fast.

Well I couldnt be bothered ranting anymore so just wanted to say thanks to the GNR camp for clarifying everything and taking the time to inform the fans.

Also wanted to thank Jarmo for his hard work over the past 10 years (especially this year) as without this place none of us would know what was going on.

Shocko
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2006, 04:15:50 AM »

Well well well Grin

Haters : So long, so long ...

I wonder who among them will come to this thread and start shit.

GN'R and Jarmo, thank you again for giving us facts.

Here Today ... Gone To Hell! is, to me, the only reliable source on the web.

Can't wait for the album to come out and shut those fuckers for good.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2006, 04:21:16 AM »

2. I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly.

first i did a positive post on page 2, but after reading mercks/axls message again (btw, i still stick to my first post), i'm just wondering about one thing: WE as the posters don't get censored, unless WE spread lies and disinformation. i guess the HD-advertising incident was then i lie i guess... or was it a disinformation? just can't figure it out. (sorry for the sarcasm, i understand, that a lot of internet-news services look at HTGTH for news, but we get a little censored due to that. wouldn't do harm to ackknowledge that.)

anyways that for taking time to get a message out.

i have just said the same thing concerning hd and rs but my post has been deleted again...

so here'e my positiv one: communication since 2002 has really improved (which doesn't mean it's close to the status "satisfying").

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2006, 04:22:29 AM »

I think any GNR fan should be satisfied with this statement. They did the right thing by offering some sort of explanation (unlike in 2002 when the band just disappeared without warning or apology, which was a big "fuck you" to the fans). I still don't agree with their wanting to censor stuff here though. I've seen plenty of posts that don't fall into the disinformation or rumour category but still get deleted simply because management doesn't like the message.
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2006, 04:23:23 AM »

Nice to see Merck and Axl talking directly to us Smiley Thank you very much  Cool

mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2006, 04:23:54 AM »

Cool post, but one question..

What did Axl mean here (I just woke up so excuse me if this is a silly question)

"We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album."
DuffRoze
Headliner

Runs n' Goses!

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2006, 04:26:50 AM »

smoking
Made my day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF!?
fixintodie
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2006, 04:34:44 AM »

I'm really impressed, this is great. I don't want to sound like an ass, but maybe next time something like this happens, the press release can be as cool, insightful and explanatory as this note is. It will certainly kill the negative speculation.

I really hope that the press picks up on this as much as they've picked up on the bogus 'GNR pull no show' story. Will this message be posted in some form on the official GNR site?

I've got to say, I still disagree with some of the thread deletions, as HTGTH is still considered a fan site, and I've never known a fan site that management could exhert influence over (other than illegal content). Doesn't anyone else think it's time that this forum was made official? It would be a positive move.

But thanks Axl and Merck (and Jarmo) for bringing GNR fans a clear concise explanation. Really, really respect you for it.

Now get back to work and bring us that fucking album. Wink peace
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2006, 04:34:48 AM »

I was going to make another thread with my thoughts, but I'll just put them here where they belong.

Axl and Merck:

Thank you. This is what communication is all about, and as fan, I very much appreciate the thoughtfulness and clarity found in the message. I don't blame Axl or the band for what happened with the cancellation - Like a lot of things in life, we can't always get what we want, and that includes rock stars with a desire as simple as putting on a great show. They want to be up there as much as we want to see them. But the tour will go on, and I wish the guys great success.

Anyway, glad to see that the lines of communication are working, and that Merck and Axl are patient with people - They know it's been a long haul. I was losing my patience with things at the start of the tour, but as unorthodox as this band is, they know what they're doing. I've always respected Axl and the band, and that respect is steadily increasing.

Plus, Axl used the word "draconian," which is just badass!  ok

Edit - Maybe someone (Jarmo?) can send this thread along to management - I see that the majority of comments are appreciative, and I hope that the band can see them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 04:36:20 AM by Risico » Logged

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2006, 04:35:18 AM »

It's actually sad that Axl and Merck had to tell us anything directly.  It's so great of them to do, but there would have been no point if some people of this board weren't constant assholes about this band.  The negativity about everything; the tour, the album, ticket sales and the setlist, are all fucking ridiculous.  I'm sure some of you are happy because Axl and Merck responded to your petty bull shit posts you keep making and I'm sure it makes you feel somewhat important that they took time out of their day to write to the board in reply to what you have been saying.

GN'R have given us so much already this year and there is so much more to come.  We have the continuation of the tour, the album release and more touring after that... what is there to fucking cry about all the time??  I would just like to say fuck you to all the people that Axl and Merck had sent this message in response to.  Reading your lame posts on a daily basis was getting old months ago.  I'm sure we have a ton of people that have registered in the last couple of weeks that help carry on the bitching and they can fuck off too.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Shocko10
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2006, 04:39:37 AM »

It's actually sad that Axl and Merck had to tell us anything directly.? It's so great of them to do, but there would have been no point if some people of this board weren't constant assholes about this band.? The negativity about everything; the tour, the album, ticket sales and the setlist, are all fucking ridiculous.? I'm sure some of you are happy because Axl and Merck responded to your petty bull shit posts you keep making and I'm sure it makes you feel somewhat important that they took time out of their day to write to the board in reply to what you have been saying.

GN'R have given us so much already this year and there is so much more to come.? We have the continuation of the tour, the album release and more touring after that... what is there to fucking cry about all the time??? I would just like to say fuck you to all the people that Axl and Merck had sent this message in response to.? Reading your lame posts on a daily basis was getting old months ago.? I'm sure we have a ton of people that have registered in the last couple of weeks that help carry on the bitching and they can fuck off too.

Good post man.
ben9785
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2006, 04:40:02 AM »

Thanks for passing the message on to us Jarmo. And Axl and Merck, of course. The time, consideration and thought to us fans is greatly appreciated and respected. I'm sure that will settle things for the most part, leaving only the real nuisances or dickheads. One very small question though..see below..

Cool post, but one question..

What did Axl mean here (I just woke up so excuse me if this is a silly question)

"We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album."

No it's not a silly question.. Look i swear i'm not starting trouble.. but this sentence could be understood a few different ways..

"another shot at the future today with a new album" - may possibly be (mis?-)interpreted as "another shot at the future (which starts as of) today with the new album (coming out today)"? Any further clarification at all? Or a reference to the commencement of promo? or something like that?

I apologise if I read too much into it or if I seem to be persistent, I swear I'm not, just trying to defuse a potentially stirring comment?

But ultimately, yeah it was just a observation in passing. Overall, once again, thanks for your thoughts to all concerned.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 04:46:39 AM by ben114 » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2006, 04:40:17 AM »

I don't even know why the cancellation even became a big deal. I didn't really post in the threads about it, so I didn't know it got ugly. I don't have any reason to doubt the band. And why are people pissed? A gig got cancelled, I wasn't there so I have no reason to be pissed about it, there was a statement, who cares?

Now bitching about not having the album, now there's something to bitch about hihi
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 04:45:45 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2006, 04:44:48 AM »

It's actually sad that Axl and Merck had to tell us anything directly.? It's so great of them to do, but there would have been no point if some people of this board weren't constant assholes about this band.? The negativity about everything; the tour, the album, ticket sales and the setlist, are all fucking ridiculous.? I'm sure some of you are happy because Axl and Merck responded to your petty bull shit posts you keep making and I'm sure it makes you feel somewhat important that they took time out of their day to write to the board in reply to what you have been saying.

GN'R have given us so much already this year and there is so much more to come.? We have the continuation of the tour, the album release and more touring after that... what is there to fucking cry about all the time??? I would just like to say fuck you to all the people that Axl and Merck had sent this message in response to.? Reading your lame posts on a daily basis was getting old months ago.? I'm sure we have a ton of people that have registered in the last couple of weeks that help carry on the bitching and they can fuck off too.

I dont think its cool to use this thread to bitch at everyone else. This is supposed to be a positive thread explaining what happened, why do you take it upon yourself to take shots at people??

You are no better than anyone else that has bitched about the band. There is no need to use this thread as a reason to jump on everyone else.

It was cool of them to post this so please take your negativity somewhere else.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: