Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Who bought the Shock Treatment DVD?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who bought the Shock Treatment DVD?  (Read 1179 times)
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« on: November 08, 2006, 10:05:52 AM »

As the title of the topic asks: Who bought the Shock Treatment DVD that was released about a month ago?

I bought it recently and it still kicks ass. Overall it's not as great as Rocky Horror (I know this isn't a direct sequel, but a story set in an alternate timeline). I love Rocky Horror but I prefer the soundtrack to this over it (ie. I'll listen to this one a bit more). I saw it sitting on a shelf at the local Future Shop and was suprised as it's long been known that 20th Century Fox had blacklisted this for years and refused to release it to DVD. The picture quality on the DVD is the best I've ever seen this movie. The soundtrack too with 5.1 surround. The reason I think it was finally released is because the movie was 20 years ahead of it's time and what critics thought as too far out or impossible to happen did eventually come to be (while not as on the same scale as the movie). That thing is reality TV (for example Big Brother and The Real World).

If you are a fan of Rocky Horror then I'd definitly advise to pick this up (as it's written by Richard O'Brien). In fact you have to.. "Trust me, I'm a Doctor"

On a side point before I go, RO'B is writing a PLAY as a direct sequel to Rocky Horror with the story apprently set 9 months after the event's of the original play/movie with Janet being pregnant with either Rocky or Franks baby. It has also been said one of the song titles is "Frankies Pheonix" so take what you will from that.

Cheers

Scree

Oh and before I go, if all you have to say is "That movie is only for queers" or something similar, then get the fuck out of my thread. While I'm not  gay myself, I've heard all that before and it's boring and totally unoriginal.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: