Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  For the First Time I am feeling like I have Fucking had it with HTGTH
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the First Time I am feeling like I have Fucking had it with HTGTH  (Read 9102 times)
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 02:10:21 AM »

Let's focus on what's important here: Did Buddha Master ever give the answer to the tree riddle? I'd still like to know that shit.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 03:49:48 AM »

Shit, I have never disrespected this place. I have fond memories and respect for fans here (who I have partied with and the ones I haven't...yet) and Jarmo and always tried to make things postive here where it counts. But my last topic getting deleted when I didnt even mention...jesus... you know what is ridiculous. My topic wasnt about that shit directly. Why was that deleted exactly?

I know the mods could give a fuck. I mean who am I right? But what a slap in the face. And for nothing.

All that they are doing is driving fans away from this band, thats it. They are hurting GNR while thinking they are doing some good. I mean they delete EVERYTHING. I understand that they have a job to do, I understand that, but to censor ANYTHING negative is SO RIDICULOUS.

Honestly, if you guys cant see how you are hurting this band then you are seriously blind. I understand your frustration over hearing the same shit over and over, but you cant just censor EVERYTHING, thats just not how the world works. You take the good with the bad and you deal with it. GNR have never been about censorship, they have ALWAYS been against it, so why you guys are trying to run it like this is beyond me.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:52:49 AM by mahimahi23 » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 09:51:58 AM »

Let's focus on what's important here: Did Buddha Master ever give the answer to the tree riddle? I'd still like to know that shit.

they both have trunks Roll Eyes

thing was his thread wasn't even negative really i can see where the title coulda looked like the thread was negaive but his post in it definately was not Undecided

disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 12:03:13 PM »

they both have trunks

Genius.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

Shit, I have never disrespected this place. I have fond memories and respect for fans here (who I have partied with and the ones I haven't...yet) and Jarmo and always tried to make things postive here where it counts. But my last topic getting deleted when I didnt even mention...jesus... you know what is ridiculous. My topic wasnt about that shit directly. Why was that deleted exactly?

I know the mods could give a fuck. I mean who am I right? But what a slap in the face. And for nothing.

It's a difficult phase right now.

The band are active, and there are many genuine fans who want to give ace one opinions about the activity.  But, at the same time, there are those what want to fill the airways with shit, confusion and negativity.

This forum is trying to do the right thing by taking in everything and controlling it appropriately, and sometimes genuine people may be caught up in the crossfire. But one would hope that the long-time people here would be able to stand back and just let it happen regardless.

Maybe it was inappropriate and rash to remove your thread, but it's a crazy time right now, and it's good to see at least one forum uphold some values and control during the current circumstances.

Guns are go right now. Lets get behind them
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »

this is the bottom line.  how can anyone not understand this.   we've been waiting for this for years.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »

this is the bottom line.? how can anyone not understand this.? ?we've been waiting for this for years.

that is great and all but this is the most blatant censorship I have ever seen. I'm not being negative at all towards the band, I don't think axl is always right but their still my favorite band. He's in control of the message board now and 99.7% of the casual fans will never view this. I'm a die hard and I didn't for years. I don't understand it and it turns me away from guns n' roses.  yeah, you can tell me to leave and to go fuck myself if i don't like, i get that and that turns me off even more. how and why does the most dangerous band in the world care and/or start to care about what others think. it is after all a opinion and opinions vary.

can you not agree with everything axl does and still be a die hard fan? I am 

or is it the things we don't speak of/ keep your negative thoughts to yourself.

I know you don't want lies to be spread and controling that I don't blame you. but if the band sucks ass live one night can you say it?

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 05:40:20 PM »

this is the bottom line.  how can anyone not understand this.   we've been waiting for this for years.

that is great and all but this is the most blatant censorship I have ever seen. I'm not being negative at all towards the band, I don't think axl is always right but their still my favorite band. He's in control of the message board now and 99.7% of the casual fans will never view this. I'm a die hard and I didn't for years. I don't understand it and it turns me away from guns n' roses.  yeah, you can tell me to leave and to go fuck myself if i don't like, i get that and that turns me off even more. how and why does the most dangerous band in the world care and/or start to care about what others think. it is after all a opinion and opinions vary.

can you not agree with everything axl does and still be a die hard fan? I am 

or is it the things we don't speak of/ keep your negative thoughts to yourself.

I know you don't want lies to be spread and controling that I don't blame you. but if the band sucks ass live one night can you say it?

GNR is making a comeback after years of nothing.   If they can't count on their hardcore fans for support, who the fuck can they count on?   We all want to see GNR on top again.  Right?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »

GN'R are not in control of this board. Jarmo can do as he pleases without repurcussion in any way.

The mods here are just trying to create a fair and informative site on GN'R without all the crap

If Guns were doing something bad, then they'd like to be the first to know about it. But is has to be informed opinions, and the mods here are informed themselves enough to what is an informed opinion and what isn't. That was bad grammar, I know  hihi

Like I said, it's a crazy time right now. But the long term people here should be able to rise above the oddities right now, and even be able to preach to the newbs coming here giving opinions. There are other forums that allow more outlandish behaviour, so the average fan does have a choice, especially if they want to be overlly controversial. But let at least one forum remain a focal point for sanity and good info etc..

Let this be somewhere that gives the truth. People need that.

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 06:36:31 PM »

GN'R are not in control of this board. Jarmo can do as he pleases without repurcussion in any way.

The mods here are just trying to create a fair and informative site on GN'R without all the crap

If Guns were doing something bad, then they'd like to be the first to know about it. But is has to be informed opinions, and the mods here are informed themselves enough to what is an informed opinion and what isn't. That was bad grammar, I know? hihi

Like I said, it's a crazy time right now. But the long term people here should be able to rise above the oddities right now, and even be able to preach to the newbs coming here giving opinions. There are other forums that allow more outlandish behaviour, so the average fan does have a choice, especially if they want to be overlly controversial. But let at least one forum remain a focal point for sanity and good info etc..

Let this be somewhere that gives the truth. People need that.

fair enough  beer

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Brody
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 06:45:45 PM »

It's a difficult phase right now.

The band are active, and there are many genuine fans who want to give ace one opinions about the activity.? But, at the same time, there are those what want to fill the airways with shit, confusion and negativity.

This forum is trying to do the right thing by taking in everything and controlling it appropriately, and sometimes genuine people may be caught up in the crossfire. But one would hope that the long-time people here would be able to stand back and just let it happen regardless.

Maybe it was inappropriate and rash to remove your thread, but it's a crazy time right now, and it's good to see at least one forum uphold some values and control during the current circumstances.

Thanks, this kinda raises my spirits a bit!

I think we are all just kind of worried that when CD drops that we may not be able to constructively criticize the band or share opinions that are not necessarily that favoring to the band. Im sure you Jarmo and the band have there reasons. I won't question them.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 06:49:54 PM by Brody » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »

I'm against censorship, but if anyone's got anything negative to say the first month after CD is released, go to hell hihi

You don't bitch when you get what you want for christmas.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 08:29:14 PM »

Mysteron, thanks for your posts in this.  I feel that after all of these years, we can finally kick back and enjoy the ride.
Fuck, I am looking forward to this

Bitch slap rappin'
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »

The band are active, and there are many genuine fans who want to give ace one opinions about the activity.? But, at the same time, there are those what want to fill the airways with shit, confusion and negativity.

just difficult to watch this board change since february...especially for the long time posters...and for a respected member to get censored for no good reason then what next...i mean even mods that read it and replied don't know why it's gone

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2006, 11:26:35 AM »

There was a review of the 11/8 show in Boston posted where the reporter reviewing the show had a somewhat negative review of the show. First off, on the very first post there was the authors email address publicly on display which I felt was unprofessional to leave up there.? I don't think it's cool for this site to keep his email posted publicly like that. The review was his perspective. He's entitled to it. If you don't like it, don't read it. People say the same thing about threads, if you don't like the subject of a thread, don't read it. Anyway, if someone wants to "search" for his email, address that's one thing... but to display it publicly is another.

Now the entire thread has been deleted. I would hope maybe since the original post was "quoted" so many times that the only way to eliminate the authors personal email address was to delete the thread in it's entirety.

HOWEVER, I have a fear that the thread was taken down, upon request, due to the authors opinion which wasn't very Pro-GnR. If he stated libellous statements and mis-truths, that is one thing. But do say he felt 3 guitarists is too many, he doesn't like a member, or he didn't feel chemistry between them in the set is another. Again, I'm willing to give HTGTH the benefit of the doubt, and that it was taken down for anotehr reason (Authors email posted, wrong section, against policy) but if only favorable opinions are allowed to be posted (and not unfavorable) Gnr & it's mgmt have another thing coming. You can delete posts and threads and ban members, but maybe that isn't the way to "build up an audience" seems more like narrowing down. And if that's what they are looking for, that's what they choose. However don't expect to be able to control people's opinions of the band and album sales by using those same tactics, as records need to attract rather than reject people. And with record sales, unlike opinions, there are numbers which can be measured. And IIRC, this band had a concert for 3,500 people earlier this week. Embarrassed

In the court of public opinion, it is what it is..
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 11:33:54 AM by pasnow » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2006, 12:28:33 PM »

HOWEVER, I have a fear that the thread was taken down, upon request, due to the authors opinion which wasn't very Pro-GnR. If he stated libellous statements and mis-truths, that is one thing. But do say he felt 3 guitarists is too many, he doesn't like a member, or he didn't feel chemistry between them in the set is another. Again, I'm willing to give HTGTH the benefit of the doubt, and that it was taken down for anotehr reason (Authors email posted, wrong section, against policy) but if only favorable opinions are allowed to be posted (and not unfavorable) Gnr & it's mgmt have another thing coming. You can delete posts and threads and ban members, but maybe that isn't the way to "build up an audience" seems more like narrowing down. And if that's what they are looking for, that's what they choose. However don't expect to be able to control people's opinions of the band and album sales by using those same tactics, as records need to attract rather than reject people. And with record sales, unlike opinions, there are numbers which can be measured. And IIRC, this band had a concert for 3,500 people earlier this week.

Yeah, deleting the reviews from 2 reputable/legitimate newspapers seems to be a little excessive, but when I read them I knew for certain they wouldn't make it to mid-day as they were not favorable towards the band. Sadly that is our new reality around here.

I just hope that the management reps reading the board don't use the propaganda around here as a gauge for how things really are in the marketplace right now. When you surround yourself with only yes-men and fanboys you lose your sense of reality, and the project ends up going up in flames.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2006, 12:32:46 PM »

HOWEVER, I have a fear that the thread was taken down, upon request, due to the authors opinion which wasn't very Pro-GnR. If he stated libellous statements and mis-truths, that is one thing. But do say he felt 3 guitarists is too many, he doesn't like a member, or he didn't feel chemistry between them in the set is another. Again, I'm willing to give HTGTH the benefit of the doubt, and that it was taken down for anotehr reason (Authors email posted, wrong section, against policy) but if only favorable opinions are allowed to be posted (and not unfavorable) Gnr & it's mgmt have another thing coming. You can delete posts and threads and ban members, but maybe that isn't the way to "build up an audience" seems more like narrowing down. And if that's what they are looking for, that's what they choose. However don't expect to be able to control people's opinions of the band and album sales by using those same tactics, as records need to attract rather than reject people. And with record sales, unlike opinions, there are numbers which can be measured. And IIRC, this band had a concert for 3,500 people earlier this week.

Yeah, deleting the reviews from 2 reputable/legitimate newspapers seems to be a little excessive, but when I read them I knew for certain they wouldn't make it to mid-day as they were not favorable towards the band. Sadly that is our new reality around here.

I just hope that the management reps reading the board don't use the propaganda around here as a gauge for how things really are in the marketplace right now. When you surround yourself with only yes-men and fanboys you lose your sense of reality, and the project ends up going up in flames.

I agree but what can we do about it?  All they will say is that if we do not like it all we have to do is leave.  And I don't blame the mods for that because I agree.  If we really don't like the way things work on this board now, then we just have to leave.  Complaining about it won't fix it. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: