Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Has Robin ever done an in depth interview?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has Robin ever done an in depth interview?  (Read 2324 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« on: November 11, 2006, 01:59:50 PM »

We know Bumblefoot does a decent amount of press. Dizzy has spoken to certain media. Tommy has as well along with Axl's press releases. But I cant say I remember Robin answering any questions about GNR.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:01:58 PM »

He's a quiet one. He doesnt seem to be interested in the press, which is actually pretty cool [though I'd LOVE to see him do an interview!]
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 02:13:02 PM »

i think he did one way back when. talked about a few things...this was a long time ago maybe 99 or 2000....he used to have it on his site....

im really looking foward to what he has to say when he does do the promo interviews and stuff....he has come along way. Im glad he has stuck with Axl...hes gonna be a star very shortly

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 02:14:23 PM »

I hope when CD is released that Robin and Fortus and maybe even bumblefoot will do interviews with guitar mags, I'd love to see that!  beer
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »

I hope when CD is released that Robin and Fortus and maybe even bumblefoot will do interviews with guitar mags, I'd love to see that!  beer

true that!! true that!!

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 02:23:11 PM »

Only time he's spoken about GN'R is when he was talking about the reasons he left them during publicity for NIN's Fragility tour.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 02:24:39 PM »

I GOTTA SAY THIS ABOUT ROBIN....ive criticized his playing, but i think thats ok.....im always looking at it from an objective POV, b/c when he is playing well, i think he sounds pretty cool!!! he has his own style and he plays the guitar the way HE wants to, and i respect that. ive always more or less said things about his tone.

BUT LAST NIGHT AT MSG.....

robin showed me once again why he is in GNR. his tone was much smoother, MUCH smoother then NJ....his held out a bent note last night to begin his solo (he held the same note for like 30 seconds as he marched around the stage) and that was just trippy and cool. his playing was great last night. (out ta get me is made for his style....the solo he gets to really open up) but back to why i think he is in GNR.....his style is awesome, his stage presence is HUGE, the jumping into the crowd last night, and in hammerstein in may (1st show) was just perfect!! he really does bring some star quality to his position. i like that he gets the 1st solo, that respect shown is pushing him into the main lead guitarist of this band. fortus is just a bad-ass on guitar...but robin will break out as a star IF THIS DAMN CD RELEASES!!!

i dont even think Axl Rose realizes just how big he will be if he comes back to mainstream radio/mtv/general public view. he's somewhat there now, but the release MIGHT rival the energy and pandamonium of UYI release. Make a cool video for "Better", release that baby, announce a date SOON in some crazy creative way, and begin to truly dominate once again!!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 02:26:31 PM »

He was not in GNR when Oh My God was released-I think-in the interview he sounded fed up with how long the songs were taking, no lyrics-the interviewer montioned Oh My God and I don't think Robin spoke favorably about it-I could be wrong on this

libertad
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »

He was not in GNR when Oh My God was released-I think-in the interview he sounded fed up with how long the songs were taking, no lyrics-the interviewer montioned Oh My God and I don't think Robin spoke favorably about it-I could be wrong on this

He said he wasn't aware of it when he was in the band and he hoped that it wasn't typical of them.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 02:58:05 PM »

I'd like to see that interview.  Or maybe a new one explaining why he changed his style so much.  Great guitarist though.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 03:03:20 PM »

http://www.robinfinck-birdhouse.com/
Can find it there.
RocketQueen2002
Opening Act

the light in my darkest hour is fear...

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 05:02:24 PM »

speaking of do you think Robin is more like himself in GNR or in NIN??? i tend to believe hes more like himself now. i would think trent... as much as i love him... hes a pure totalitarian... axl is more laid back... after all he had a guitarist with a KFC bucket for a hat.... you can't get much more liberal than that.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 05:55:42 PM »

where I can't find it; hell, I can barely read that Website.

snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 06:29:16 PM »

But I cant say I remember Robin answering any questions about GNR.
Robin won't even answer questions from people he knows.? ?Lips Sealed

Also remember that Robin is the only one who didn't do any kind of a solo/other project after the 2002 tour, so he hasn't had to try and promote anything.?
Finck About You
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 06:51:44 PM »

Robin Finck Speaks Out

With the release of the song "Oh My God" on the End of Days soundtrack last November, Axl Rose fans had some hope that the fabled new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, might soon see the light of day. Better keep hoping.

"There's not a release date right now, not that I'm aware of," says Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, who teamed with Rose for much of the album before quitting in frustration. "And I would know."

A publicity spokesperson at Interscope Records, GN'R's label, confirmed that the album does not currently appear on the schedule of upcoming releases for 2000, even as a title TBD (with release date "to be determined").

Finck laughs at a comparison to Brian Wilson's legendary Beach Boys album, Smile, and notes the similarities. (Wilson worked feverishly on the record throughout the mid-'60s but was never able to coherently complete it. It remains one of the great lost albums of rock.)

"Yeah," Finck chuckles. "It was great for a while, but then it became terribly frustrating not seeing anything completed because no lyrics were finished." Adding to the frustration was that Finck had passed on the chance to work with Trent Reznor on NIN's latest, The Fragile, in order to do the Rose sessions.

"It's one of the reasons I'm not there anymore. No one song was ever completed and I was there for two and a half years."

But even after working endlessly on the GN'R album, Finck is unable to speculate on how it's going to turn out.

"I'd helped write and arrange and recorded enough songs for several records," he says. "Honestly, we recorded so many different song ideas and completed so many different types of songs ? from quiet, very simple traditional piano songs to 16 stereo tracks of keyboard blur and everything in between."

But, he notes, "most of the stronger songs that ended up on A-lists when I was there were huge rock songs, built for the masses, really guitar-driven."

Finck has heard little since then from Rose, who is the only remaining member of the Guns N' Roses lineup after buying the rights to the name from former guitarist Slash.

"When he finishes the lyrics, I assume [the songs] are going to be released," Finck says. "I hope they turn out great. There's a lot of potential there."

From that site linked above, May 2000 interview.

Not in-depth, but at least it's Finck commenting on GN'R.
Megaguns
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 07:43:55 PM »

i reckon after the album drops, Robin, Fortus and Thal will all be on the cover of some guitar mags, Just like Slash and Gilby did.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 09:43:47 PM »

WOW!  This interview actually says a lot of whats really been going on.  Wasn't sure if it was Axl's vocal/song writing holding the album up but I guess it really was.  Glad he's finally satisfied with the tracks he picked since the album is gonna hit us hard this year....!
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 10:37:21 PM »

Still, I wanna hear him talkingGrin
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 10:50:03 AM »

Can't believe you guys forgot this one from May of last year Wink

May 29th, 2005

Robin's site updated

Robin's official web site has been updated and he has added a message to the GN'R fans. The message is as follows:
gnr fans:

to be clear, the request to refrain from emailing me about Guns n' Roses is not a diss to you or to the band or to anyone. i simply am not eager to instigate that conversation until an official release date for the album is made public. otherwise, i'd go a little nutzo tossing "i dunnos" and "can't quite says" in every direction. i trust you may understand. there will most certainly be a time to embrace this new ship. let's first allow it to launch from the pad in all it's glory. i look forward to such a time.

what is real, is that i am alive and inspired and look forward to sharing this new chapter with you. thank you for your support and for your enthusiasm along this long and winding off-road trek. each email to me personally is gratefully received.

see you-
r ob i n

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 12:03:07 PM »

Can't believe you guys forgot this one from May of last year Wink

May 29th, 2005

Robin's site updated

Robin's official web site has been updated and he has added a message to the GN'R fans. The message is as follows:
gnr fans:

to be clear, the request to refrain from emailing me about Guns n' Roses is not a diss to you or to the band or to anyone. i simply am not eager to instigate that conversation until an official release date for the album is made public. otherwise, i'd go a little nutzo tossing "i dunnos" and "can't quite says" in every direction. i trust you may understand. there will most certainly be a time to embrace this new ship. let's first allow it to launch from the pad in all it's glory. i look forward to such a time.

what is real, is that i am alive and inspired and look forward to sharing this new chapter with you. thank you for your support and for your enthusiasm along this long and winding off-road trek. each email to me personally is gratefully received.

see you-
r ob i n

Yeah, I remember that one was also spun into a 'look, he hates the fans' frenzy.  Roll Eyes

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: