Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:54:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 43184 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2006, 10:35:02 AM »

Read the press release again until you realize who's fault it was.

The band wanted to play the show, but some people decided GN'R weren't welcome at the venue.

/jarmo

And you believe this?? ?Wow.? ?Shocked

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.? No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.? ?Roll Eyes

I can't believe the shit you post.

Well that makes us even because I can't believe the shit you censor here sometime nor can I believe the degree to which you (and others) just drink the coolaid that's poured for you. ? Tongue

You can't see how full an arena is before the doors open. Go figure.

The band didn't have to offer Portland fans the opportunity to exchange their tickets to Worcester. They could've just said "get a refund".

You act like this is an act of kindness. ?He did it because he wants to fill the arena in Worcester. ?He has no control over this either. ?When he changed the Jacksonville date, I got a refurnd and then purchased my Tampa tickets....without Axl's permission. ?Imagine that. ? Shocked

Axl didn't cancel the show. There's a bunch of people who work for the bands that tour. It's these peoples' job to make sure the tour works. It's not like Axl is handling every job on the tour like some of you believe.

Believe that if you want, but we all know Axl is the one with the final word on what gets cancelled. ?We also all know that Axl is an incredible dick sometimes and can pull some pretty petty and stupid stuff (this isn't even arguable).

Jarmo, I'm not sure why you only want one point of view here, or why people who might have a differing opinion are pretty much outcasts with their posts deleted and threads removed, but in case you haven't noticed, there are sometimes thinsg in the gNR world that are worth questioning. ?Like that bogus press release for instance.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2006, 10:38:05 AM »

I believe the press release. These two fire marshalls could have been on some bizarre power trip.

That's pretty hard to believe.  A power trip?  Come on.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2006, 10:40:22 AM »

You really come across as a clueless negative whiner with your posts.

You have no idea how things work if you think Axl himself cancels shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2006, 10:40:38 AM »

Read the press release again until you realize who's fault it was.

The band wanted to play the show, but some people decided GN'R weren't welcome at the venue.

/jarmo

And you believe this?? ?Wow.? ?Shocked

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.? No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.? ?Roll Eyes

I can't believe the shit you post.

You can't see how full an arena is before the doors open. Go figure.

The band didn't have to offer Portland fans the opportunity to exchange their tickets to Worcester. They could've just said "get a refund".

Axl didn't cancel the show. There's a bunch of people who work for the bands that tour. It's these peoples' job to make sure the tour works. It's not like Axl is handling every job on the tour like some of you believe.

Axl does not hook up Dizzy's keyboards before the show, Axl does not send out tickets, Axl does not drive the trucks with equipment to the shows, he does not book the gigs himself etc etc. There's lots of people on the crew who do these jobs for the band. Time to realize that.

/jarmo

I love GnR, But why then does this stuff happen all the time to Guns n Roses and their fans. It happened in the 80' the 90' and in the 2000's. Look at the constant varible.Im just stating the facts. It is wrong to cancel a show hours in advance. The things they claim killed the show are worked out weeks/months in advance they have to be. It is an unrealistic excuse, and even if it was true then play the show without the pyro, im sure the fans would rather that than no show at all ...its about the music not the fireworks.

This stuff happens to other bands and their fans alot. You just never hear about it because the press and "fans" don't blow it out of purportion.

Well, you have to admit, there is a sort of precedent. I mean, either Axl really has the absolute worst luck of any rock star I've ever heard of(not entirely impossible), or he plays some role in this kind of stuff happening - GNR has more negative coincidences taking place than any other band I've ever heard of.

However, I'm no more pissed about it than I would be with any other band. It's just disappointing because I bothered to take a day off from work, etc.

They key point is that you haven't heard of the other issues with other bands. People just don't blow things out of purportion with other bands like they do GNR.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »

I believe the press release. These two fire marshalls could have been on some bizarre power trip.

That's pretty hard to believe.? A power trip?? Come on.

Actually, it's not all that hard to believe, in my opinion. Officials can be like that, anywhere, but especially in out of the way places like this. ?They want to feel all big and bad.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2006, 10:45:33 AM »

You really come across as a clueless negative whiner with your posts.

Typical. ?Someone with a different view of the situation who dares to question the honesty of a GNR press release is labeled a clueless whiner. ?Yet those that blindly believe in everything Axl says are held up as model members here. ?

Jarmo, just look at some of the Papa Roach quotes or even past behavior. ?It is Axl who has the final say on when they go on stage and if they go on at all. ?I think you'd find very few people who believe the concert last night was pulled by anyone besides Axl. ?I'm sure he had input, but ultimately it is his call. ?I don't see the road crew going to Axl and saying, "we're upset with the fire marshall, you need to cancel tonight". ?
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2006, 10:51:04 AM »

It sucks for the fans, I'm glad to see they can use the tickets tomorrow.

? They put out a press release which is progress from 2002...we still don't know what happened then...

? so that's positive and what was written seems like there is no reason not to beleive what the GNR camp is saying. I'm sure since the Rhoad Island incident fire marshalls (especially closer to that area) are not fuckin around.... I mean that was horrible.

?BBF also said everything is fine so...positive

? Sometimes I wish Axl would use a little different approach to handling these problems (even though I don't even know if it was him who made the final call). I mean guns could have said ok...fuck the pyro, let's get on stage at 10:30 if possible....after Jungle Axl ripps the Fire Marshall a new asshole in a fuckin' wicked rant saying how they wanted Guns not to use the pyro but instead of cancelling we are here and we're gonna play all fuckin night... Give the fans a wicked set list like in Greensboro or even 1-2 more songs just as the icing on the cake and you know really win over all the naysayers.

? Cancelling is so easy, and so fuckin' negative that's the last thing they need....anyone still deciding to but tickets for the upcomning shows has probably just had their mind made up for them. ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2006, 10:52:34 AM »

This is kind of tongue and cheek. . . .

If by chance the rumor of the show being cancelled was because of poor ticket sales, do you think the band owes it to the fans that are traveling from Portland ME to go on closer to the time on the ticket 10pm. ?I feel bad for the fans that live in the portland area that will travel to worcester and have to start driving home at 2am for a 2 hour drive.

Now before people jump down my throat for posting the above - read my previous posts, I have always supported this band and I never bitch about them going on late. ?I just feel in this case - if the above mentioned rumor is true, and thats why they canceled the show, I feel the band should do the right thing. ?

BTW - I have no problem with canceling a show becasue of lack of sales - business is business.

Anyway - my 2 cents.

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2006, 10:54:47 AM »

It sucks for the fans, I'm glad to see they can use the tickets tomorrow.

? They put out a press release which is progress from 2002...we still don't know what happened then...

? so that's positive and what was written seems like there is no reason not to beleive what the GNR camp is saying. I'm sure since the Rhoad Island incident fire marshalls (especially closer to that area) are not fuckin around.... I mean that was horrible.

?BBF also said everything is fine so...positive

? Sometimes I wish Axl would use a little different approach to handling these problems (even though I don't even know if it was him who made the final call). I mean guns could have said ok...fuck the pyro, let's get on stage at 10:30 if possible....after Jungle Axl ripps the Fire Marshall a new asshole in a fuckin' wicked rant saying how they wanted Guns not to use the pyro but instead of cancelling we are here and we're gonna play all fuckin night... Give the fans a wicked set list like in Greensboro or even 1-2 more songs just as the icing on the cake and you know really win over all the naysayers.

? Cancelling is so easy, and so fuckin' negative that's the last thing they need....anyone still deciding to but tickets for the upcomning shows has probably just had their mind made up for them. ?

Now this I can understand. I completely agree that they could've taken the chance to do something completely different all the way across the board. Like you said, do everything in their power to get on stage early. Cut the pyros, hell even break down for some acoustic jams or something? Make it a special show and really show the "powers that be" who's boss.

In the end, I'm glad the fans aren't completely screwed out of a show if they choose not to be or at least they can get a refund. And overall the situation just sucks but as long as things pick up tomorrow night as planned (and I get my show on the 25th) I'll be happy!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2006, 10:55:30 AM »

If the show was cancelled because the fire marshals were on a power trip, the venue would have reason to sue. Seeing as the venue have placed the blame upon the band, I'd guess that it's not the case.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2006, 10:59:16 AM »

ther you go from Beta... more proof that all is well.

TKS BETA !! peace

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2006, 11:00:40 AM »

This is kind of tongue and cheek. . . .

If by chance the rumor of the show being cancelled was because of poor ticket sales, do you think the band owes it to the fans that are traveling from Portland ME to go on closer to the time on the ticket 10pm. ?I feel bad for the fans that live in the portland area that will travel to worcester and have to start driving home at 2am for a 2 hour drive.

Now before people jump down my throat for posting the above - read my previous posts, I have always supported this band and I never bitch about them going on late. ?I just feel in this case - if the above mentioned rumor is true, and thats why they canceled the show, I feel the band should do the right thing. ?

BTW - I have no problem with canceling a show becasue of lack of sales - business is business.

Anyway - my 2 cents.

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

YAY Beta!  Thanks for speaking up about that.  NE officials can be assholes

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2006, 11:02:28 AM »

man so all these gnr shows we did , we weren't safe?
i saw guys smoking dangeroulsy near the pyro set ......

damn you gnr Smiley

madagas
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2006, 11:06:37 AM »

Beta in the house....... Grin That was a fairly logical explanation.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2006, 11:11:17 AM »

I've been to concerts at CCCC many times.  I have seen lots of smoking and drinking without people being fined or arrested.  Why on earth would the rules change for GNR?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2006, 11:14:01 AM »

I'm not sure if it's just about pyro.
I think some places GunsN'Roses will get special treatment (harassed) related to security.

The band has sadly in the concert- history events that invloves deaths caused by riots, lawsuits, vandalism etc -
-and therefore GunsN'Roses and the fans being "singled out" maybe Tongue
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 11:17:33 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2006, 11:16:28 AM »

It's not like Axl is handling every job on the tour like some of you believe.

Axl does not hook up Dizzy's keyboards before the show, Axl does not send out tickets, Axl does not drive the trucks with equipment to the shows, he does not book the gigs himself etc.

C'mon Jarmo, everybody knows that Axl is doing everything from stage construction to lighting equipement, to business transactions, hell, he's even taking care of Robin's hair & beard.

It's funny how the haters are so willing for this tour and band to fail. It's like a goal or something. Years ago, when there was no communication at all, people were complaining. There was no news, no tour, no Axl, no events (VMA's, Axl here and there, Trunk, ...) there was no official website, there was no communication arround CD coming out (It is this year -> Can't be clearer than that).

Now, it's 2006. We had a successfull european tour, with good reviews. We have now an official website that gives us videos (no, I'm not aiming at the last one that never came true), a site that introduced the band.

A band that has played more than 40 shows, sometimes infront of angry crowds (Download festival) but won them over. We had (intentionally or not) a few tracks that leaked and that sounds very promising.

We have Axl all over the place, he looks fine & happy (VMA's, children hospital, post-show parties, Formula 1, swedish jails, ...)

But ... people still have to complain because one show was cancelled.

Now, management says it was because of issues with fire department regarding the arena and shit. They are even naming the people !

But no, somehow it's still Axl's fault. Maybe he wanted some roasted chicken, maybe he wanted to drink champaign on a virgin's body. Oh no, wait, it was because he was denied the permission to bring alcohol onstage.

Now I get to read that they (sorry, not they, Axl) cancelled in order to fill the next venue. Come on ... You can't be serious.

Fortunatly we have Ron Thal stating that everynthing is fine. But that won't be enough for the haters ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
robbyr1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2006, 11:21:19 AM »

has anyone heard a statement from the fire marshalls?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »

Why on earth would the rules change for GNR?
Some bands get singled out like that.

For example:
Many venues has diffrent standards for security on Heavy Metal concerts that other genres.
I am sure local officials were a little precautious due to Axl's reputation
Exactly what i think too, and GunsN'Roses has taken offense it seems. hihi
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 11:32:16 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2006, 11:38:53 AM »

I doubt it's a very big deal in Portland guys. ?I wouldn't be surprised if there was no response from the fire marshalls. ?

And beta, no offense, but you are hardly in a position to be objective. ?Take it from someone who has been to many concerts at CCCC, they doin't fine or throw people in jail for smoking at the venue. ?They ask them to stop and then throw them out if they continue.

NO OFFENSE>>>charity case> but do you think that we should listen to you or the fire marshals about smoking in the building? i dont care how many shows you ve been to, all im saying is that for this show it was OBVIOUSLY different.

I just can't see how this is sooo hard for people to grasp?? I'm sure the band and the organization as a whole are just as bummed as everyone else on the subject.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: