Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:44:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228069 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash on Chinese Democracy ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Chinese Democracy ?  (Read 20475 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 06:45:43 AM »

some of you people live in such a diluted fantasy world.    rofl
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2006, 06:55:05 AM »

some of you people live in such a diluted fantasy world.? ? rofl
And so do those who think nugnr has a future.

I'll download it !
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 07:11:17 AM »

some of you people live in such a diluted fantasy world.    rofl

And some of us are just curious to know who has worked on CD..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »

Thank you.

Slash doesn't sound dated at all Shocked (blues doesn't age!),

Average does...

And a big thank you from Robin Finck's mum for her incredible unbiased opinions....

Slash average? Lol, get a life.

How is it bias? I own the fuckin' album. I paid for it with my fuckin' money. Imo, it sounds dated, and Slash's work sounds like the same old shit, just recycled. That's my opinion. I gave it a chance, and it sucked.

And so do those who think nugnr has a future.

We'll see.

Last time I checked VR wasn't doing so hot, and were swirling in rumors of break-up, despite only being together for a few years.

Plus, 99.9% of their marketing success for Contraband can be attributed to the fact that they advertised the Guns N' Roses name & Stone Temple Pilots name. Not because they worked on their own merits.

Not to mention, publicity was shoved down our fuckin' throats on it.

Last time I checked, at least 'Nu-GNR' are not publicizing themselves, and are letting the music do the talking, instead of being media whores.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:17:58 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 09:22:59 AM »

Last time I checked, at least 'Nu-GNR' are not publicizing themselves, and are letting the music do the talking, instead of being media whores.
Playing the original members' material, that's what you call "letting the music do the talking" ?

Please.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:26:38 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 09:29:01 AM »

Those who don't want Slash on CD are haters. Sad

I'll download it !
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 09:31:26 AM »

Playing the original members' material, that's what you call "letting the music do the talking" ?

Please.

Axl was an original member, he's playing his material also.

Those who don't want Slash on CD are haters. Sad

No, maybe we would just like to have a new & original album from GN'R, and not a poorly written & performed turd like Craptraband.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 09:38:01 AM »

The Legend, you are not discussing, you are insulting because you know you're wrong.

So I won't answer your post.

I'll download it !
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 09:41:15 AM »

The Legend, you are not discussing, you are insulting because you know you're wrong.

So I won't answer your post.

Then why'd you reply?

What a dumbass...

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 09:45:53 AM »

What if Slash is on Chinese Democracy ? Do you think it is possible that he recorded something for CD ?

Having Slash on a couple of songs with Izzy would be so great ! It would give a new dimension to CD.
On topic please.

I'll download it !
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2006, 10:42:23 AM »

What if Slash is on Chinese Democracy ? Do you think it is possible that he recorded something for CD ?

Having Slash on a couple of songs with Izzy would be so great ! It would give a new dimension to CD.
On topic please.

Seeing how he quit before it was envisioned, I doubt it. Although I did hear Duff laid down a little work, in the very very early stages of the album's production. Though it could be rumor. Even though Axl did that 1999 interview with Loder and talked about all of the songs, I believe at that time alot of it had been done as demos with various 'new' people, such as Dave Navarro, Zakk Wylde, Tommy Stinson, Paul Huge, Josh Freese, etc.

Personally I wouldn't be shocked if Izzy might pop up with some work on the second album, who knows.

But I think Slash would make it sound dated. His guitar work in Velvet Revolver has a very 'old' sound to it. I thought with VR he'd at least modernize his sound some, but it sounds the same, and obviously from what we've heard of CD, would not work at all.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2006, 11:10:51 AM »

and obviously from what we've heard of CD, would not work at all.[/i]
A GN'R record without Slash is like a Rolling Stones without Keith Richards, not really a GN'R record, not really a Rolling Stones record.
And if Slash's sound doesn't adapt to CD, that means CD is not a GN'R record.

Slash=GN'R.

I'll download it !
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2006, 11:13:43 AM »

Slash=GN'R.

your opinion and only your and opinions aint facts ok
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2006, 11:15:59 AM »

By the way, I'm just saying that it would be cool if Slash played on a couple of songs. I don't know why some people are getting so angry.

A lot of people are going to play guitars on CD anyway, not just Finck and Fortus.

I'll download it !
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2006, 12:02:41 PM »

hahahaha no way.........maybe izzy is on chinese on a track or two ...but slash?  not on this records ... maybe it will happen in the future ....
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »

Slash=GN'R.

your opinion and only your and opinions aint facts ok

Ditto!  ok

By the way, I'm just saying that it would be cool if Slash played on a couple of songs. I don't know why some people are getting so angry.

A lot of people are going to play guitars on CD anyway, not just Finck and Fortus.

Nobody's getting angry man. I don't have a problem with you loving Slash.

But to prove your point, everytime you ATTACK the new band. That's not fair, and I feel I have to defend them.

Personally I feel Slash on CD wouldn't work, you feel different. No biggie.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2006, 01:32:40 PM »

But to prove your point, everytime you ATTACK the new band. That's not fair, and I feel I have to defend them.

If the songs on CD are as Silkworms or Oh My God, Slash wouldn't be interested in playing that kind of thing anyway.

And I didn't ATTACK Axl's new band. You are paranoid.

It's just that I'm not sure guys as Finck, Fortus, Stinson or Brain were even fans of Guns N'Roses... That's my concern.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 01:42:39 PM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2006, 01:45:59 PM »

If the songs on CD are as Silkworms or Oh My God, Slash wouldn't be interested in playing that kind of thing anyway.

And I didn't ATTACK Axl's new band. You are paranoid.

It's just that I'm not sure guys as Finck, Fortus, Stinson or Brain were even fans of Guns N'Roses... That's my concern.

Actually if I wanted to spend time on it, I could show you countless posts you have made attacking the new band man. It happened.  Roll Eyes

As for the songs you mentioned, you're not alone. I wouldn't see Slash playing on those, and even Robin Finck himself publicly bashed and said he didn't care for Oh My God. That's probably the reason we haven't heard it since  very early 2001.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Malkav
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 03:47:01 PM »

Slash=GN'R.

Dude Slash is not GNR, did you listened Slash's Sankepits or VR?, the music is completely different, and quite boring if you ask me
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2006, 09:12:17 PM »

Seeing how he quit before it was envisioned, I doubt it. Although I did hear Duff laid down a little work, in the very very early stages of the album's production. Though it could be rumor. Even though Axl did that 1999 interview with Loder and talked about all of the songs, I believe at that time alot of it had been done as demos with various 'new' people, such as Dave Navarro, Zakk Wylde, Tommy Stinson, Paul Huge, Josh Freese, etc.

Personally I wouldn't be shocked if Izzy might pop up with some work on the second album, who knows.

But I think Slash would make it sound dated. His guitar work in Velvet Revolver has a very 'old' sound to it. I thought with VR he'd at least modernize his sound some, but it sounds the same, and obviously from what we've heard of CD, would not work at all.

Slash's guitar can't sound dated.. It is timeless...

He is more of  a metal player on Contraband.  Very Micheal Sheneker....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: