Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit  (Read 49871 times)
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2006, 02:13:22 PM »

Absolutly amazing pictures it shows a side to axl that many people dont even want to acknowledge that he has, good on ya uncle axl!
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »

It's cool Axl did this, but does any1 know if he showed up an hour late for his perfomance, haha.
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2006, 02:33:29 PM »

Will there be a recording of this???  Roll Eyes

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2006, 02:44:10 PM »

This is a great thing supporting such a worthy cause.  Unfortunately I doubt we'll see coverage of this event in the press like we just saw about the cancelation of the Portland show.  Why does the press focus so much on negativity?  It frustrates me to no end.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2006, 02:48:58 PM »

This is a great thing supporting such a worthy cause.  Unfortunately I doubt we'll see coverage of this event in the press like we just saw about the cancelation of the Portland show.  Why does the press focus so much on negativity?  It frustrates me to no end.

The press always focuses on the negativity, no matter what Star/celebrity it is. I guess most people find a story about a cancelled show that makes Axl look bad more interesting than they do a charity event.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2006, 02:59:19 PM »

Can one of the mods please make these d-bags stop talking politics in this thread?

Send 'em a fax, it may be faster..................
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2006, 02:59:33 PM »

Well, it could have been anything from Abbey Road.  I Want You would be fun.

As I said pages ago, I bet it's Come Together.  It totally fits the situation and Axl has performed the song already.  Plus, it's the first song on Abbey Road and it was written by John Lennon which makes it that much better.  My money is definitely on Come Together.  GUARANTEED!

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2006, 03:00:10 PM »

There must be a video of this somewhere...................
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2006, 03:01:51 PM »

Something will emerge eventually I'm sure.  These benefits are always recorded...

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2006, 03:06:02 PM »

Something will emerge eventually I'm sure.? These benefits are always recorded...

No they're not.  There were two here last week that weren't. 

And also - why would there be a press release?  Ugh - sometimes you guys are so unrealistic.  What do you want the media to say?  "Axl shows up at a benefit!"  It's cool for us and all, but to the rest of the world it's just a small blip that nobody cares about.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2006, 03:06:41 PM »

Well, it's nice that Axl decided to be a part of the current "flavor of the month" charity.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Malkav
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2006, 03:07:39 PM »

Actually Michael J Fox was my favorite actor when I was a kid, I always enjoyed his movies, and Ali is a hero, an inspiration for me, see these people together is awesome, seriously  peace
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »

If i had to guess I would guess he played Patience

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

Something will emerge eventually I'm sure.  These benefits are always recorded...

No they're not.  There were two here last week that weren't. 

And also - why would there be a press release?  Ugh - sometimes you guys are so unrealistic.  What do you want the media to say?  "Axl shows up at a benefit!"  It's cool for us and all, but to the rest of the world it's just a small blip that nobody cares about.

What benefits weren't recorded??  If there are famous performers that are performing at a benifit, IT WILL BE RECORDED!!!!!!  Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it's not recorded.  Like this benefit wouldn't be recorded... that's unrealistic.  I'm sure there wasn't one fucking video camera recording the whole time... ok, you're right.  WHATEVER.

EDIT:  AND Axl wasn't the only one performing if you were reading ANY of the thread.  Sheryl Crow and Rob Thomas were there as well.  But nobody but us cares about that, right??  You're funny and all you really need is some common sense because you obviously think that if you aren't seeing or hearing the recording, that it doesn't exist.  WHICH IS WRONG.  You are "unrealistic".
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 03:16:15 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2006, 03:12:23 PM »

Something will emerge eventually I'm sure.? These benefits are always recorded...

No they're not.? There were two here last week that weren't.?

And also - why would there be a press release?? Ugh - sometimes you guys are so unrealistic.? What do you want the media to say?? "Axl shows up at a benefit!"? It's cool for us and all, but to the rest of the world it's just a small blip that nobody cares about.

Sad, but true. ?The media doesn't care about people doing positive things. ?Good thing this doesn't stop people from doing them!

Very nice to see Axl with the Greatest and another fav person of mine, Denis Leary! peace
realtime visionary
Opening Act

Now we all know better.

« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2006, 03:39:54 PM »

As an aside; why does axl shake hands like he's expecting to be simultaneously hit with a left hook?

Seriously on a side note. Fuck off! This is a great thread about a very serious charity and about people giving their time to it. Please done turn it into another one of these: 'Why is Axl doing something like this thread?'. For fucks sake you would not analyse it if joe bloggs walking down the road shook hands in a certain way. Leave the bloke alone and let him get on with his thing and appreciate this thread for what its worth, which is a great charity and it just so happens to be our favourite singer who happens to be there! Mike

Are you kidding? Yes, this is a thread about a charity, but had Axl not shown up at that charity, I seriously doubt there would be threads started in any other sub-forum about this. Photos show he didn't used to shake hands this way, now he does, we're discussing Axl's involvment, he did this while being involved, thus people are well within their rights to discuss it. People need to chill and stop unnecessarily policing other people's tangents.? ok

Knowing you, it won't change a damn thing, but there was a time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2006, 03:47:03 PM »

dunno if this was posted already... got bigger pictures in there... though messed up by that fucker who runs the site... confused

http://perezhilton.com/topics/michael_j_fox/unlikely_couplings_20061112.php

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2006, 04:14:35 PM »

No they're not.? There were two here last week that weren't.?

And also - why would there be a press release?? Ugh - sometimes you guys are so unrealistic.? What do you want the media to say?? "Axl shows up at a benefit!"? It's cool for us and all, but to the rest of the world it's just a small blip that nobody cares about.

What benefits weren't recorded??? If there are famous performers that are performing at a benifit, IT WILL BE RECORDED!!!!!!? Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it's not recorded.? Like this benefit wouldn't be recorded... that's unrealistic.? I'm sure there wasn't one fucking video camera recording the whole time... ok, you're right.? WHATEVER.

EDIT:? AND Axl wasn't the only one performing if you were reading ANY of the thread.? Sheryl Crow and Rob Thomas were there as well.? But nobody but us cares about that, right??? You're funny and all you really need is some common sense because you obviously think that if you aren't seeing or hearing the recording, that it doesn't exist.? WHICH IS WRONG.? You are "unrealistic".

So, maybe you can get me video of some of the performances of last week's Glamour Awards, held at Carnegie Hall.  PLENTY of celebs there, I can assure you.

Get back to me when you find it.
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2006, 04:35:42 PM »

I think Bush has probably spent more on Stem Cell Research than any other president in history.
Where do you get this info? not true. and Bush is an idiot
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2006, 04:41:24 PM »

Guys, let's not talk politics in this thread. Thanks. Back to the topic.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: