Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Suicide Girls review
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suicide Girls review  (Read 3154 times)
zigthis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 14, 2006, 11:57:02 AM »

Suicide Girls ? Baltimore Arena 11/13/06
Review by ZIGTHIS

First of all, let's put something to rest:? the girls were hot.? Very hot.? If you say otherwise, please strip in front of 10,000 people while you do so.? Can't handle that?? Then STFU.? I?m also not going to argue about whether striptease girls belong at a rock concert.? Ask your pastor.? The SG show was good, and served its purpose as a unique and entertaining warm-up for the concert.? How smokin were these girls?? This about sums up my reaction:?

drool

That being said, here comes my first gripe:? there was little variation of races and body types on display.? With over a thousand phillies in the SG stable, one would expect to see some tig ol? bitties, some hot chocolate, some BBW, some yellow fever.? Such diversity is central to the ?spirit? of a burlesque show, yet it was completely absent here.? Don?t blame the girls, blame the producers.
 peace

Still, the girls put on a good show that was fun and diverse in theme.? Pasties and pulldowns kept the show within city ordinances, and in my opinion clean enough for even the surprisingly many 12-year-old-ish kids in attendance, although many of their hover-parents were feverishly ushering their pwecious wittow munchkins out to the snack bar or merch booths even though they had just come from there.? They wouldn?t bother if they knew what little Trevor saw on the intarweb yesterday in his own room.
 Roll Eyes

Baltimore was the girls? first show opening for GNR and they were admittedly awed by the sheer size of an arena audience.? ?There were a few slips or prop-related gaffes, but nothing major - a great job under what must?ve been immense pressure.?
 ok

The best element to the show (after the hotness of course) was the varied music and theme of each skit.? Songs ran the gamut from techno to speed metal, and themes changed with every scene, although the mood never wavered from the show?s requisite perky fun.? The most interesting awards go to a two-girl reenactment of the Mr. Blonde ?Ear? scene in Reservoir Dogs and to a fun Jamiroquai laced gender-bender.
 drool

The worst I can say about this show is that there was little talent on display: some good dance moves / choreography, some fun with props, and a melting-hot run with a hula-hoop were all the producers could muster.? Couple that with the complete absence of set design and lighting, and the show comes off to many in the audience as 'cheap' or 'time filler', and flips the ?off? switch for women.? The Guns n? Roses set oozes polish and professionalism, replete with video backdrops, and shiny guitars that cost more than a mid-size car.? Bach and his band already provide a more street-style atmosphere.? Having moved-on-up from clubs to arenas, the SG show should have scaled accordingly.? Performing in front of Sebastian Bach?s drum kit cheapens the SG image immensely.?
 Huh

The lovely Suicide Girls put on a good show that could be a great show, if it weren?t held back by shortfalls in production.? Most of the GNR crowd will enjoy the curvy lines and T&A without concern for set design, diversity, or showgirlship, but in a strive for perfection, or for the interest of a female audience, the braintrust behind Suicide Girls can to better than this.

Still, this beats Papa Roach by a mile or three?
 smoking
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:59:16 AM by zigthis » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 11:59:35 AM »

thanks sounds intriguing but i have a feeling i'll prefer live music to them peace

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 12:01:56 PM »

A guy in the "SG open for GNR thread" gave them a horrible review.   no

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »

thanks sounds intriguing but i have a feeling i'll prefer live music to them peace

As would I.

Do they go on before or after Bach?

Shit, just let Sebastian do a 90 minute set.  To hell with the Suicide Girls  rant

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 12:06:34 PM »

i think they are before bach

zigthis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 12:06:51 PM »

It was SG for an hour, Bach for an hour, then GNR. ?The set changes were quick and this was perhaps the earliest start for GNR of the whole tour. ?Having a non-musical first act and a small arena (= less PA gear) obviously contributed..
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 12:33:41 PM »

As hot as they might be....

SG should not get the same time as Baz. 40 min of T&A is cool and 80 min of Baz would be great!

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 05:53:12 PM »

Thank you for the review!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: