Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:11:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227772 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 15 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 15 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre  (Read 97642 times)
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2006, 10:29:09 AM »

I just want to drop my 2 cents about the concert. I'm not going to rehash the obvious mic problems and late start, I knew that going into it and prepared for it.

I was about 20 people back from the stage on the right side all night (I was the tall fucker with the Maple Leafs Jersey on).  I could see overtop of everybody and it was awesome.  I really think that this crowd was worked up more than the 02 crowd, when Jungle hit, the place went nuts.  Axl was on all night, but you could see he had to blow his nose a whole bunch of times.  Dizzy's Neil Young was fuckin awesome, and Bumblefoot really knows how to work the crowd.

All and all I had an awesome time, I'm still trying to get my voice back (probably lost it when the Trailer park boys came on).  It was a night I'll never forget, even enough to make me forget that CD may not come out this year as promised.

Oh ya, we were going to stop into the Armadillo, but It looked packed when we got there, and we were starving, so we went to East side Marios, and there were a whole bunch of fans there as well.  Man there were fans everywhere, we even ran into some at 3 in the morning at Tim Horton's by wonderland.

Thanks uncle Axl and the rest for an awesome night

Bitch slap rappin'
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2006, 11:03:01 AM »

Ok my review....

The Preparty...Where the fuck was everybody?...it was kinda funny nobody said shit to anybody else...i went to one table but they weren't board members so i didn't talk to anybody else...well except Jarmo, Adz and Tonya_Ytzerman.. i met them as they came in and we chatted a bit....it was very cool. nice to meet all three of you, i hope your visit to Canada and North America was fun....cheers. Also you 3 were right...doing updates sucks!!! I hope everybody that followed that night liked them but if i see GnR again forget it  hihi

I went over to the ACC about 8:15. and Die Mannequin was already on stage. they were alright, what i saw was cool. the singer/guitarist chick jumped down and ran along the side of the floor area during one song kinda cool hard to judge a band you know abslutely nothing about but IMO they filled the opening slot nicely.

Suicide Girls...yeah i dunno not my thing, boring, although the hula hoop segment was neat and the chocolate syrup portion was a nice sticky messy  Cheesy they did a thing with airport batons too that was choreographed well but all in all i'd have rather seen a band (my wifes reaction was pretty funny though  rofl I never thought she would make me go get some beer)

Baz was really good i was pleasantly surprised how amazing he sounded, i didnt really take note of the setlist but songs he played in no particular order were 18 and Life; Monkey Business; I remember You; youth gone wild; big guns; peice of me; here i am; slave to the grind as well as a few solo songs and 2 new tracks (the only order i remeber is that they started with slave to the grind and ended with youth gone wild, trailerpark boys came out in the middle of monkey buisiness and sang liquor and whores from thier movie then after they left baz finished off Monkey Buisiness) at some point Baz said the house was sold out but there was a few empty seats way at the top at the very back i'd estimate 95% sold out, i never realized it either but it was baz's first show back in toronto in years (he's from toronto) the crowd was really into him from my vantage point at the end he said "OK i got one song left! What is it mother fuckers??!!!" and everybody started chanting YOUTH GONE WILD, YOUTH GONE WILD at his reply "WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?! I CANT HEAR YOU!" also mentioned that you cant stop a canadian from drinking beer like nugent did..."Ted nugnet kills little bunnys but a torontonian cant have a beer once in a while!!! FUCK THAT!!"

THe wait from baz to GnR was maybe 40 minutes tops it wasn't that long...the longest part was manning the spotlights and raising them up ya know safety harnesses and what not, i saw frank come out almost immediately after baz finished and he was warming up backstage, air drumming to the songs being played on the PA and what not. people were too drunk already by this point and i think i saw 2 guys get lifted outta the floor area and stumble away.

around 11:35 or so the lights dimmed and the intro started...pretty cool neat search light type of things and ominous jaws type of music, then robins stutter wttj intro began and Axl ran out and they rolled through WTTJ, ISE, MrB, LALD. Axl then paused breifely while the band began KOHD and said that he was very greatful for fans of Toronto cuz gnr always gets a warm reception when they come play, from there he led the crowd into a fan participation version of the song and the crowd responded great it was cool Cheesy . next robin played his solo and immediately jumped into SCOM & YCBM, dizzy reed played a Neil Young tune for his solo "Like a Hurricane" thanks to delvis for that tibit.. then The Blues and Better followed, better is amazing live it souned so great so did the blues and during the song the crowd was kinda blah for them but afterwards each got a healthy applause, following that was richard playing his solo then robin came out and they did beautiful, it was alot cooler to hear than i figured it would be, then out ta get me...by this point it was real late, like 12:50 and the crowd just wanted hits so OTGM didn't go over all that great from where i was sitting. November Rain got the crowd pumped again though and i thought it was quite cool of Ron to stand up on the drum/keyboard riser behind the sparks instead of trying ot mimic slash by standing on the piano. IRS was next which got a surprisingly good reception and then afterwards Axl introduced Ron and said "Try not to play too loud now they are trying to sleep"  hihi he got the crowd on his side though by playing our National Anthem, and then his own very fast solo followed by Don't Cry, i never realized but he actually plays the vocal amelody and the guitar melody meshed together it was very cool to see/hear, somebody threw her panties on stage too and ron set them on top of his head but the immediately fell off. Next Axl introduced Bubbles from Trailer park boys next who said "Holy shit...can you beleive it!! Its HIM!!!" and then introduced Baz. Axl then laughed and said bye to him.....they did My Michelle. from there they flew through UTLH, Patience and Nightrain and left stage.

Following a short break with halfhearted cheering gnr came back out to CD which i would say got the best reception of the new songs and they ended with Paradise City (of course). Afterwards Axl came out and thanked us again for being a great crowd and for sticking around till the end. the show ended @ 1:55am

Overall it was a very good performance, much better than 2002 IMO the band was super tight and were virtually flawless from my standpoint.

Robin...i'm sorry to all who i fought with saying Robin Sucks he doesn't he has improved 100% in my eyes cheers to that he rocked....although his dancing has little to be desired  rofl

Ron, the guy is a tank, if you don't think he holds a candle to BH you haven't seen him, he's great

Richard...from all the hype he's getting on these boards i was a bit let down, i mean don't get me wrong he's a very solid Rhythm Guitar player with tons of energy but he plays a very little amount of solos...i think he did the small one in NR, the solo for UTLH, the first solo for NT and they broke the end solo of PC into 3 parts and he got one of them...but like i said he's a fireball of energy and is extremely fun to watch, maybe that's why he gets praise, but as a guitar player myself, i was more drawn to watching Robin and BBF for most of the show

Tommy...again he's very solid player but he's a background dude (not really one to dance around like the 3R's, maybe thats why the call him the general, he controls the acton without seeing too much front line duty

Frank...he's good, dunno much about drummers though so can't say much

Dizzy and Pitman..they are ok too, Dizzy played bongos alot where as pitman did most of the keyboard duties...also that computer part in Better is pitman...not a guitar like i had thought so sorry to those i told that too

Lastley Axl....what can i say, he was great...was spot on, and Yay! no sound problems beer he was a bit off in the middle of IRS i thought but i can't complain at all.

Overall it was an amazing show...but man it was fucking late, and for the walk back to my car it was raining and foggy, i almost fell asleep driving home hihi luckily i had till noon yesterday to get to work

Before the show I asked at the front door if i could bring in my camera...they said yeah so that was cool but unfortuantely without the flash barely any of my pics turned out, but here are the ones that did...it sucks i had this masterplan to take pics of everybody in the band cuz we rarely see the guys in the back...oh well maybe next time. and i dunno why i look scared in first pic...haha oh well (psst.....jarmo had a knife in my ribs lol j/k)

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2006, 11:03:59 AM »

I just want to drop my 2 cents about the concert. I'm not going to rehash the obvious mic problems and late start, I knew that going into it and prepared for it.

mike problems? i didn't catch any....he was drowned out by the band a few times but i wouldn't call that mike problems Undecided

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2006, 11:22:05 AM »

Thanks for the review Neemo  ok ... good to hear you had fun.
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2006, 11:25:56 AM »

This is hte same one i posted in hte updates thread, so if yo ualready read that one, dont read this one!

First, i gotta say sorry for not showing up to the Pre-show party. I was really interested in meeting some of you guys, but my cousin lives in TO, so we just decided to pre drink at her appartment then head to the show.

ok, on to the show

We got to the arena at about 7:45pm, and got to our seats just in time to see Die Mannequin. They weren't what i expected, but thats a good thing! From the way they dressed, i was expecting an Emo band, but they really werent that bad. They had a good vibe on stage, and i thought it was really cool of the chick to go into the crowd while she was doing a solo...not bad, not bad at all

The Suicide Girls are a different story. They were cool for about 5 minutes, then it just got completely pathetic....and thats comming from a 19 year old heterosexual guy. Id rather just go to a strip club. They played one good song, Immigrant Song, and that was the hightlight of their act for me. We actually left about halway through their act to go buy a t-shirt and some beers...effin' $6.50 for a small beer!

Next was Sebastian Bach, and i thought he was awesome! I really regret not downloading any of his song so i could atleast know what songs he was playing, but i still enjoyed listening to him, he's crazy up there! I also couldnt believe that the Trailer Park Boys showed up! I love that show! I don't know the name of the song Bubbles sang, but that was very cool.

Finally, the whole reason i went to this show....Guns N' Roses! And honestly, i cant find the words to explain how amazing they were. Axl was in a real good mood, and the band sounded great! There's really no reason for me the say anymore, i'd pretty much just be saying the same thing that was said in the other reviews on this board...but none the less, great fucking show!

It also looked like i saw Beta stomping her feet, and clapping her hands off to the side of the stage during Better, aahahaha

My highlights from the show:
-the way Robin snuck out to the front of the stage when he was playing the opening riffs to jungle...i dont knwo why, but i found that pretty sweet
-Axl's stage presence
-all the new songs sounded great, better is a great live song!
-Ron playing O' Canada and how most of the crowd stood up like he was playing it at the start of a Leafs game
-Trailer Park Boys showing up, and Axl bringing out Bubbles to introduce Baz
-November Rain, Nightrain, Paradise City

My dissapointments from the show:
-the crazy idiot my cousin had to sit beside, thank god his friend switched seats with him
-the lack of Axl Rants
-No Rocket Queen or Madagascar
-Patience didnt sound too hot
-the fact that it seemed like i was the only one in section that knew any of the newer songs. they all gave me weird looks when i was singing the words to Better, IRS, and The Blues
- also, i kinda found the crowd..."flat" compared to the 2002 show..i mean, it was still a great crowd, but during some of the songs, it was somewhat quiet, and i didnt hear many people, atleast around my area, singing Don't Cry

Anyways, it was a great show, and next time they're in Toronto, ill definately be going again!

150-200 pics comming soon!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2006, 01:17:08 PM »

-the fact that it seemed like i was the only one in section that knew any of the newer songs. they all gave me weird looks when i was singing the words to Better, IRS, and The Blues

- also, i kinda found the crowd..."flat" compared to the 2002 show

1:- I got some weird looks from people when I was singing-along with Axl and the new songs too. I didn't give a crap though and just sang with Axl even harder and louder.

2:- I was very much under the impression that Axl was growing somewhat disappointed with the Toronto crowds energy or lack thereof, this time around as well as the night progressed. Pretty sad actually. At least I had the excuse of a freshly broken collarbone and being in tons of pain that my painkillers just can't kill, to have not been completely rocking-out more at that show.
I was there and Axl heard me when I yelled out his name.

Looked like Axl/Band were having lots of fun and a good time to me regardless so, that's all that matters. ROCK ON GNR!!! beer

3:- Where's all these pics? Are they good quality?

Axl RULES!!!!! yes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2006, 01:24:05 PM »

i forgot, i saw Beta and Merck (I think) off to the side of the stage (on the right) during SCOM i think it was beer

yeah as the show got later the crowd got tired...he poked fun of it during ron's solo hihi

RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

1:- I got some weird looks from people when I was singing-along with Axl and the new songs too. I didn't give a crap though and just sang with Axl even harder and louder.

2:- I was very much under the impression that Axl was growing somewhat disappointed with the Toronto crowds energy or lack thereof, this time around as well as the night progressed. Pretty sad actually. At least I had the excuse of a freshly broken collarbone and being in tons of pain that my painkillers just can't kill, to have not been completely rocking-out more at that show.

Looked like Axl/Band were having lots of fun and a good time to me regardless so, that's all that matters. ROCK ON GNR!!! beer

Axl RULES!!!!! yes

here are the pics!:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39636.0

some are good quality, some arent that bad, but none the less, there's over 200 of them!
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2006, 05:55:09 PM »

Axl RULES!!!!! yes

well Axl was disappointed w/ the lack of enthusiasium, maybe he should think about OUR time schedules are different (i.e. we go to bed at 11pm vs. him getting up at this time).

I myself was front row (up against the railings), off to the very left side. I have been to a few GNR shows now, and this one was great, but I must admit my energy level was moderate due to the late running of the show. Being on your feet for over 7 hrs striaght after being at work takes a toll.

The band was great, and we (I went w/ my sis and friend) thought Ron was very charming (he made eye contact and smiled at us though out the set). The songs were great esp. "used to love her" and I liked the reggae-type rendition of "KOHD". I was a bit let down by the lack of Axl's rants...hehe.  As well, I was surprised by the mellow crowd. I mean, ppl were cheering and stuff, but no violence (i.e. thrashing/crowd surfing/pushing)...my theory is tht the suicide girls subdued the crowd.

I also had the fortune of Dizzy passing his towel to me (don't know what to do w/ it though), and my friend got a drumstick...so thats a nice keepsake.

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

Yo sis, Dizzy's towel?  It's now mine.  You promised Smiley

But yeah... what's up with me posting right after you, even though you live 1 hour away from me?? 

Anyway, enough of the sisterly chit chat... Smiley

The December 15th show was alright, but it did not compare at all to the energy present at the New York shows.  Yay for deciding on attending those ones!  It was cool, seeing GnR again and being right against the rail without any fear of being maimed (Toronto crowds are tame Smiley).  But I would have liked to seen or heard something different.  I know, not everyone goes to every show, but I still remembered when to hold my ears when the fireworks exploded and what not. 

My personal highlight was seeing the guitarists up close and personal.  In the past, I've only had eyes for W. Axl Rose, but after seeing the band a few times, I'm not finally able to watch the musicians as well.

It was a great night.  Oh, and Dizzy's towel made a great hat during the walk from the arena to the cab Smiley 
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2006, 10:13:53 PM »

Yo sis, Dizzy's towel?? It's now mine.? You promised Smiley

But yeah... what's up with me posting right after you, even though you live 1 hour away from me???

Anyway, enough of the sisterly chit chat... Smiley

The December 15th show was alright, but it did not compare at all to the energy present at the New York shows.? Yay for deciding on attending those ones!? It was cool, seeing GnR again and being right against the rail without any fear of being maimed (Toronto crowds are tame Smiley).? But I would have liked to seen or heard something different.? I know, not everyone goes to every show, but I still remembered when to hold my ears when the fireworks exploded and what not.?

My personal highlight was seeing the guitarists up close and personal.? In the past, I've only had eyes for W. Axl Rose, but after seeing the band a few times, I'm not finally able to watch the musicians as well.

It was a great night.? Oh, and Dizzy's towel made a great hat during the walk from the arena to the cab Smiley?

hehe...ok, you can keep the towel--you deserve it : love
I w/ you sis that now my eyes were on other members of the band this time around! They were all awsome!!!  beer

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2006, 01:36:06 AM »

I fucking loved this show! I was front row, a little off to the right side of the stage, but still pretty close to the center. I tapped the fuck out of Ron's guitar when he walked by front row, letting everyone touch it during Paradise City.
Better, IRS, Chinese Democracy and The Blues were the fucking highlights of the show I thought. Those songs sounded fucking amazing.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2006, 10:38:36 PM »

Better, IRS, Chinese Democracy and The Blues were the fucking highlights of the show I thought. Those songs sounded fucking amazing.

Totally agree with you on that one ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malibu
Opening Act

there's a method to this madness...

« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2006, 11:18:40 PM »

the show in Toronto rocked!

It was the first time i've seen the band live, and i honestly cried with joy when they were there on the stage.  I thought Axl's voice was awesome - better than some concerts i've watched from the 90s.   I agree that the crowd was pretty tame; i was up front and center (much to my surprise), one person from the rail, and there was hardly any pushing, let alone moshing... not a very rowdy/noisey bunch.  I lost my voice though - i totally lost myself in each song, singing and cheering and screaming.. man.. it was awesome!! 

overall, it was definately worth travelling from Newfoundland to see!  i'll never forget the feeling of just being in Axl Rose's presence; of him just being there 10 feet in front of me... just wish i could have gotten an autograph or something.. but i think i would honestly just keel over if i ever saw Axl face to face.. it's crazy

what an awesome concert.  How wonderful it is to have Guns n Roses back in action.  Hope they never stop rockin'!! 

funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns
and just because you're winning don't mean you're the lucky one...
ChinDem04
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2006, 11:24:35 AM »

what was the setlist for this show?
oldfan
Rocker

aka.... hrmmmmm

« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2006, 10:48:27 AM »

I've got my hands on a nice audio recording of Sebastian, should be up on dime in a day or two.

RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2006, 07:15:01 PM »

I've got my hands on a nice audio recording of Sebastian, should be up on dime in a day or two.

id rather have an audio recording of the full GN'R set
oldfan
Rocker

aka.... hrmmmmm

« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2006, 02:11:23 AM »

There's 2 audio sources I know of, so far no video..

RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2006, 04:57:57 PM »

There's 2 audio sources I know of, so far no video..

really? are they the full show? anywhay you can upload the best one?
oldfan
Rocker

aka.... hrmmmmm

« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2006, 01:52:33 AM »

I'm pretty sure their waiting on a video source.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: