Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  "Soldier: I raped the Iraqi girl, then helped kill her"
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Soldier: I raped the Iraqi girl, then helped kill her"  (Read 6955 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: November 16, 2006, 04:46:32 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/15/iraq.slaying.ap/index.html

wow. it is not, of course, the measure of all us soldiers, but stil ... freakin wierd.

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 04:50:14 AM »

Death penalty?? Good, hope he gets it.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 04:57:23 AM »

Me too, but I wonder if he's gonna have a better time in prison.
The SOB should suffer for those horrible deeds.  no
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 05:22:19 AM »

death penalty won't change anything.
him suffering won't change anything.

but, man. how can crazy people can get into the army?

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 05:32:51 AM »

I think the army turns them into crazy people too. Brainwashed.

But of courser some are already fucked up when they join.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 07:11:29 AM »

Think about what people do in the army...it's a violent job so I'm sure there are some nut cases who apply.

And if they're not I'm sure the stress of the threat of being blown up every day may turn some people a bit wacky!

Scumbag though, there's no excuse for that, hang him along side Saddam

That's a hatrick for Doull
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 11:20:45 AM »

During my tenure in the US Army I worked very very closely with the Army corrections and can say, if given the death penalty it will mean absolutely jack.  The Army has it's own laws (The Uniformed Code of Military Justice) and they also have the death penalty with a few soldiers on it.  However they have only executed one person since the 1950's.  I'm thinking though, due to all the reports of abuse and illegal actions by the soldiers, could this guy be made an example of? 
To the person who said the stress of the Army causes it, yes and no.  No meaning, a lot of these guys are criminals in the first place and would end up in jail anyway even if they weren't in the Army.  It's a job like any other, and like John Wayne Gacy worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken etc.   Basically they slip through the cracks and in this day and age of super low enlistment numbers, the Army has really lowered it's recruiting standards.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 11:22:02 AM »

You can't blame the Army for this. ?There are over 600,000 soldiers in the Army last time I looked. ?Like any job or corporation, you're gonna get a few bad apples. ?This individual is a disgrace and deserves everything the Army gives him. ?Hopefully they give him the gas chamber so his ass can suffer a bit.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 12:36:28 PM »

There was more than one soldier who committed this crime, which was very disturbing.

There are people who join the service who are pre wired to do something horrible like this.  But I also think that young people dropped into that kind of violence may yield results like this from time to time.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 02:03:18 PM »

This happened because the Officers and Senior NCOs appointed over these privates and one junior NCO didn't do their job. Their Lieutenant and/or Captain should have insured that their Platoon Sergeant was monitoring what was going on at all times.  The senior man involved was only an E-5, which equates to about 2 years of military service.  Although these soldiers are to be held accountable, the chain of command that failed to supervise them needs to be blamed as well.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 02:39:45 PM »

This happened because the Officers and Senior NCOs appointed over these privates and one junior NCO didn't do their job. Their Lieutenant and/or Captain should have insured that their Platoon Sergeant was monitoring what was going on at all times.  The senior man involved was only an E-5, which equates to about 2 years of military service.  Although these soldiers are to be held accountable, the chain of command that failed to supervise them needs to be blamed as well.

i have 0 year of military i'm not gonna rape a little girl and murder her family

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 02:48:43 PM »

This happened because the Officers and Senior NCOs appointed over these privates and one junior NCO didn't do their job. Their Lieutenant and/or Captain should have insured that their Platoon Sergeant was monitoring what was going on at all times.? The senior man involved was only an E-5, which equates to about 2 years of military service.? Although these soldiers are to be held accountable, the chain of command that failed to supervise them needs to be blamed as well.

i have 0 year of military i'm not gonna rape a little girl and murder her family

Neither is 99% of the rest of the population of the world.  The fact remains that you indeed do have to be a little 'different' to sign-up to be in a combat arms branch.  These were young kids who held a lot of power and control with apparently little to no guidance or supervision.  It is the sole purpose of Officers and Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (Sergeants and such) to supervise privates.  Had an Officer or Senior NCO been doing their duty, this would not have happened.  I'm just glad the Army isn't trying to cover it up like the Marines did.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 03:18:06 PM »

Kind of makes u wonder though how much more of stuff like this goes on without being reported or found out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 04:20:25 PM »

Kind of makes u wonder though how much more of stuff like this goes on without being reported or found out.

Probably more than we will ever know.

It's sad really and no, you can't really blame the military.  The people responsible for things like this were probably not right from the start.  Then put them in a situation where they see extreme violence as the norm on a daily basis and this is what you get.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 06:49:19 PM »

BUt it has to be confusing to some soldiers who may have lower IQs

Its ok to kill the enemy at will............... So where do u draw the line of right and wrong?

Some may not comprehend the difference between legally killing iraqi's and doin this kind of thing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »

This kind of thing happened alot in Vietnam as well. Heck small platoons were allowed to burn down villages if they thought they were supporting the other side with grain. Richard rameriz the Night Stalker said his uncle showed him many pictures of woman he raped and killed, and this was just one guy. Supposedly he also won lots of medals.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 07:08:47 PM »

Honestly.. that shit is sick.

Imagine the horror that girl (and her family) experienced. Fuck those guys. Absolutely sick.

No excuse. No excuse.

gnrevolution.com
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 12:30:19 AM »

Not to change the subject, but you wanna talk sick.....how about the law in Pakistan where if you commit a crime the punishment could mean people get to rape your sister.  no joke.

they recently passed new legislation putting an end to that and people were actually in an uproar over it. 

And these are our allies  Huh

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 12:37:41 AM »

Ever taken a gander at what goes on in Saudi Arabia?

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 02:09:08 AM »

Not to change the subject, but you wanna talk sick.....how about the law in Pakistan where if you commit a crime the punishment could mean people get to rape your sister.  no joke.

they recently passed new legislation putting an end to that and people were actually in an uproar over it. 

i'd really like a source for that .....

VIP

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 09:08:40 AM »

only in america  no
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

i'd really like a source for that .....

just read the newspaper. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3692985.stm

I was somewhat mistaken - the law they are changing is the law that currently says that women must produce four Muslim male witnesses as evidence of rape -- an almost impossible burden of evidence -- or potentially face adultery charges themselves.  Sounds like a good idea right???

But click the link I posted to see the other crime I was talking about.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 02:20:38 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: