Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A "secret release" just isnt realistic !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A "secret release" just isnt realistic !  (Read 21957 times)
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »

YOU have not figured out how to secretly release an album.

Somebody else may have.
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 02:17:46 PM »

Granted I never listen to fm radio, but I never did hear/see a single commerical or flyer in the Baltimore metropolitan area ... period. ?So people who are basing their opinions on whether or not Chinese Democracy is due out soon off of the "secret" or no promotion theory, that truly may or may not be the scenario this time around. ?In fact the truth is, I don't think anyone around here knows what to think anymore as far as the release date is concerned. ?Those of us who are optimistic for a 2006 release are at this point just a right are us who are pessimistic about a date. ?It seems like speculation is the fuel that feeds the GnR fire anyways, so who knows... Huh?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 02:19:05 PM »

Unfortunately, I agree with alot of what you're saying.

I still have yet to see anyone claiming to work for a cd manufacturing facility announce that they've began pressing CD. Of course, without proof we'd all say they were full of shit.

It's already been established by people who work at those plants, that fake names are used to stop piracy. "Disco Hit 1970's"

That doesn't make sense. The cd usually has the band name and sometimes album name, tracks,etc on it. Then there's the cover art. Somebody in a warehouse/manufacturing plant would know something.

You may be able to ship them out under a false name, but you can't manufacture the fuckers without somebody knowing what they're working on.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »

You may be able to ship them out under a false name, but you can't manufacture the fuckers without somebody knowing what they're working on.

isn't it just a bunch of robots anyway Smiley

sure, you just sign into a website, upload your tracks and cover art; the robots do everything and it's in crates, ready to ship before the next person touches it... oh, it's not? damn.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 02:25:58 PM »

anyone ever think that the record company is not prepared to spend even more cent on the record, and if it flops 'guns n roses' will be in debt for the advance....

record companies don't just give the artist money, the lend it to them and they have to pay it back out of their portion of the product sales...

Universal or whoever the label is not... may have washed their hands of it and left it up to axl to do the rest. Afterall I think they've given enough. Why would they spend more million to recoup it. Legally they can go after 'guns n roses' for the cash... or another label would have to buy them out.

So its really up to axl to deliver a master piece or else that is so good it sells on merit alone... otherwise the entity of guns n roses may never put another album on record companies dime... it will be up to axl. In which case we may get the next albums sooner because Axl will need the money... or he'll say fuck it.. he's still a millionaire even if guns n roses is bankrupt

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »

its funny people say that they need promotion to sell it cuz nobody cares about gnr anymore but then turn around and say that regular joes at factories should care enough that they'll join a forum and tell us they are pressing the album....c'mon which one is it Roll Eyes

to those in a factory they do it they back a bazillion albums a year what is one more? they get a memo saying shut up and they do or they lose their job .... simple

I'm not saying it is coming out for sure but it still may IMO peace

anyone ever think that the record company is not prepared to spend even more cent on the record, and if it flops 'guns n roses' will be in debt for the advance....

yay sombody else gets it beer

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 02:27:19 PM »

Have you noticed that ALL the positive signs about the release of CD are coming from Axl's camp and not from Universal (GN'R tour dates are not even mentioned on their sites unlike other artists) ?

That says a lot imo.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 02:28:52 PM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 02:28:34 PM »

FYI, although I dont like this band "Limp Bizkit" released that "unquestionable Truth" EP with ABSOLUTLY NO promotion or any word on the internet, it just appeared in the shops, so this topic is just ANOTHER pointless topic. ?If it happens it happens, it happens, if it doesnt then it doesnt, I'd like to think am a fan who will wait until the album is ready. ?I'd love it to come out next week or week after without any promotion, am sure with all the GNR fans woldwide it'll still sell alot without massive promotion, ?but ive been let down before by GNR so when it happens Ill get my copy(or two) and take it from there, hopefully another gig in Glasgow ?Cool Smiley.,
I love the new band just wish there was an album out to stop the doubters/haters from their mindless attacks on Axl and the way he operates, anyway, ill just keep checking in here every day checking what the updates are, cant't be bothered with any more "its not coming out this year" posts or "my mate who works in HMV says Nov21st", unless anyone has word from AXL himself or maybe Merck then no one on this board knows any more than the next person.
I do wonder if Jarmo has heard it though....Jarmo.............just wanna know, simple honest question...yes or no ?peace beer beer

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »

On the other hand, Merck said clearly that it could be a "secret" release, without any annoucement.

But can we trust Merck ? We'll see.

I'll download it !
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 02:36:26 PM »

On the other hand, Merck said clearly that it could be a "secret" release, without any annoucement.

didnt mysterion dub the secret thing as sarcasm?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »

its funny people say that they need promotion to sell it cuz nobody cares about gnr anymore but then turn around and say that regular joes at factories should care enough that they'll join a forum and tell us they are pressing the album....c'mon which one is it Roll Eyes

to those in a factory they do it they back a bazillion albums a year what is one more? they get a memo saying shut up and they do or they lose their job .... simple

I'm not saying it is coming out for sure but it still may IMO peace

I could give a shit if they choose to promote it or not.

No gag order or confidentiality agreement is going to shut up a factory worker,IMO. Prove they blabbed. If I worked at one of those places and just spent my shift pressing that cd, i'd just either mask my IP address or i'd go to a public pc somewhere and post the news. I'd try to use a cell phone cam or something to take a pic as proof, cuz i know i'd be ripped to shreds without the proof. That's just me though ( i know- good thing i don't work in one of those factories Wink ?)

The only way i can see a secret release actually happening would be to have it pop up at gnr.com and/or iTunes for download.

If they can pull off a secret/suprise release otherwise, then more power to them. They'll have other bands coming to them wanting to know how they did it.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 02:45:05 PM »

umm its going to be a secret release, and the album will come out this year...whats so hard to understand about that? and by "secret" i mean no promotion, all of us on message boards and people who follow mtv.com and rollingstone.com will know about it, but the AVERAGE person who doesnt really follow anything will have no idea....its going to be a secret release, but not secret to us, im sure we will know about a week or so in advance....im still checking the store this tuesday.....thats my opinion...
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 02:48:47 PM »

didnt mysterion dub the secret thing as sarcasm?

If this is the case, the album would have needed an announcement by now to reach a 2006 release.  My thinking is that 2006 was the year in Sept/OCT; notice NO MENTION has come of CD since then, out of either Merck or Axl. 
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 02:50:04 PM »

umm its going to be a secret release, and the album will come out this year...whats so hard to understand about that? and by "secret" i mean no promotion, all of us on message boards and people who follow mtv.com and rollingstone.com will know about it, but the AVERAGE person who doesnt really follow anything will have no idea....its going to be a secret release, but not secret to us, im sure we will know about a week or so in advance....im still checking the store this tuesday.....thats my opinion...

Explain why this is realistic in a profit driven, capitalist society? 
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 02:50:30 PM »

Is there ANY commitment to this "surprise release" theory that keeps being repeated over and over and over?? ?

It's an out of control rumour isn't it?? ?Perhaps started by Merck's statement in RS magazine which has already been confirmed as sarcasm.

Main Entry: sar?casm
Pronunciation: 's?r-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

WHAT SECRET RELEASE??

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 02:52:54 PM »

Explain why this is realistic in a profit driven, capitalist society??

oh so now we're gonna go there? hihi peace

No gag order or confidentiality agreement is going to shut up a factory worker,IMO. Prove they blabbed. If I worked at one of those places and just spent my shift pressing that cd, i'd just either mask my IP address or i'd go to a public pc somewhere and post the news. I'd try to use a cell phone cam or something to take a pic as proof, cuz i know i'd be ripped to shreds without the proof. That's just me though ( i know- good thing i don't work in one of those factories Wink  )

you are asuuming that the people that work there are fans of gnr....i'm sure other albums have leaked and reprocussions have followed...whats more important to these peopel? their jobs or letting a couple thousand freakish fans getting the album a couple weeks early? not everybody is as hardcore as we are peace

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 03:03:18 PM »

How is that possible in a profit  driven capitalist society??

I'll be happy to explain it to you..it is because Axl Rose has NO interest in money, fame or anything else that goes along with it.? If he did, he would not go 15 years between albums, and he wouldnt spend thousands of dollars a night in curfew fees....The guy cares about making the best record he can possibly make, and putting on the best show he can possibly put on...After following this band for the last 15 years it is obvious that he is not a money driven person..he does what he wants, when he wants, and if he says the record is coming out this year, we are just going to have to take his word on that...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 03:05:04 PM by JohnSDMF » Logged
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 03:14:53 PM »

No gag order or confidentiality agreement is going to shut up a factory worker,IMO. Prove they blabbed. If I worked at one of those places and just spent my shift pressing that cd, i'd just either mask my IP address or i'd go to a public pc somewhere and post the news. I'd try to use a cell phone cam or something to take a pic as proof, cuz i know i'd be ripped to shreds without the proof. That's just me though ( i know- good thing i don't work in one of those factories Wink? )

you are asuuming that the people that work there are fans of gnr....i'm sure other albums have leaked and reprocussions have followed...whats more important to these peopel? their jobs or letting a couple thousand freakish fans getting the album a couple weeks early? not everybody is as hardcore as we are peace

I realize that, but i just thought that given the 10 year hype surrounding this album somebody might get excited and blab.

My thinking is that 2006 was the year in Sept/OCT; notice NO MENTION has come of CD since then, out of either Merck or Axl. 

That's what i said. Something may have changed between the time Merck made the 10 tuesdays comment and the time it was printed, and that's why we were silenced about it.

Have you noticed that ALL the positive signs about the release of CD are coming from Axl's camp and not from Universal (GN'R tour dates are not even mentioned on their sites unlike other artists) ?

That says a lot imo.

Yeah, i could see that being the excuse they give IF it doesn't come out this year. "We made every attempt to put this record out, but it's been a struggle with Universal" or something like that. My answer to that would be: Axl shouldn't have went on record 3 fucking times saying it would be out in 2006 if he wasn't 110% positive about it. Especially considering how a majority of the media/press/world in general like to portray him as an asshole,flake,and liar to begin with.

If 12-26 comes and there's still no news, there will still be some people saying "there's still 5 days left". I'm still hopeful for a 2006 release, but i'm doubtful at the same time.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 03:15:50 PM »

well if you mean the RS article he said "might", so it's like who knows?.

Universal or whoever the label is not... may have washed their hands of it and left it up to axl to do the rest. Afterall I think they've given enough. Why would they spend more million to recoup it. Legally they can go after 'guns n roses' for the cash... or another label would have to buy them out.

Maybe they did so and it was GH. Once again assuming the report is accurate, the GH sales of 7 mil copies and counting worldwide should be more than enough to recoup the invest for the label. I bet they'd love to promote CD.

I'll wait to hear from the record company at this point. Just because Merck and Axl want it released doesn't mean the record company wants to release it-at least right now. A lot of parts to this equation...some of them more powerful than our little fiery redhead.

Madagas is right.  A musician is not almighty. A huge label is authoritative. You can't fight city hall.
But I'm with Neemo. They've made a secret of the album so far. Why not keep the way till the end?

200?
Opening Act

!!!It's Peanut butter Jelly time!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2006, 03:19:49 PM »

A "secret release" might be improbable but not impossible hihi

come on axl n' co im sure you'll pull thogh before the end of the year ok

Don't forget 2 write!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: