Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A "secret release" just isnt realistic !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A "secret release" just isnt realistic !  (Read 21955 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2006, 03:22:09 PM »

On the other hand, Merck said clearly that it could be a "secret" release, without any annoucement.

well if you mean the RS article he said "might", so it's like who knows?.

Universal or whoever the label is not... may have washed their hands of it and left it up to axl to do the rest. Afterall I think they've given enough. Why would they spend more million to recoup it. Legally they can go after 'guns n roses' for the cash... or another label would have to buy them out.

Maybe they did so and it was GH. Once again assuming the report is accurate, the GH sales of 7 mil copies and counting worldwide should be more than enough to recoup the invest for the label. I bet they'd love to promote CD.

I'll wait to hear from the record company at this point. Just because Merck and Axl want it released doesn't mean the record company wants to release it-at least right now. A lot of parts to this equation...some of them more powerful than our little fiery redhead.

Madagas is right.? A musician is not almighty. A huge label is authoritative. You can't fight city hall.
But I'm with Neemo. They've made a secret of the album so far. Why not keep the way till the end?

For those that have been away from the Internet for a while - it's been confirmed that Merck was being sarcastic.   

Welcome back to 2006.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2006, 03:35:30 PM »

LOL...the person who started this thread is utterly clueless.
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2006, 03:41:06 PM »

Why?
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2006, 04:00:58 PM »

Chinese Democracy needs MONSTER promotion, and the higher ups at the record company who dont give a fuck about merck, axl, or bucketfoot KNOW THAT. 

BucketFOOT is awesome Smiley hehe, just messing with you.

I see your point but in my opinion its not GNR thats said its going to be a secret release, its us on the forum. They have said its going to be out this year and I still hope and think its coming.

200?
Opening Act

!!!It's Peanut butter Jelly time!!!

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 04:04:31 PM »

Chinese Democracy needs MONSTER promotion, and the higher ups at the record company who dont give a fuck about merck, axl, or bucketfoot KNOW THAT.?

BucketFOOT is awesome Smiley hehe, just messing with you.

I see your point but in my opinion its not GNR thats said its going to be a secret release, its us on the forum. They have said its going to be out this year and I still hope and think its coming.

positive thinking goes a long way

here hoping 4 2006 ok

Don't forget 2 write!
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 04:12:22 PM »

I read someone here on the forum wrote something like "The silence the last days indicates something" and I think we all should stop speculating until November 21th, ok I dont think the album will be released then but SOMETHING will happend that day, right?
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 04:15:05 PM »

I read someone here on the forum wrote something like "The silence the last days indicates something" and I think we all should stop speculating until November 21th, ok I dont think the album will be released then but SOMETHING will happend that day, right?

Something could happen on that day.  But something may NOT happen.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2006, 04:18:28 PM »

forget about the 21th. Rs one was denied by merck.
the other one was taken back by the rumour starter I think.

For those that have been away from the Internet for a while - it's been confirmed that Merck was being sarcastic.   

Welcome back to 2006.

You mean In 2006 merck is mysteron and the words "would have been"  imply a confirmation? Huh

Anyways, what kind of sarcasm it could be if he was not certain of 2006 release?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2006, 04:22:13 PM »

look, lets just wait and see what happens after the 19th... when better takes over yes
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2006, 04:53:58 PM »

2006 is out, people, lets just deal with it.?

A secret album release would be a doable idea in 1986, but today it is impossible and completely unrealistic.? A secret release would be impossible because of THE INTERNET.? Think about it- a secret but WORLD WIDE release, all happening on the same day- someone, somewhere is opening that box early and posting their findings on the internet.?

Which brings us to the OTHER reason a secret release isnt possible- THE INTERNET!? Lets use some common sense here: CD is released secretly, only a handful of people know about it the first hours it is on store shelves, someone uploads it to the internet, people start downloading an album THEY DONT EVEN KNOW IF FOR SALE.?

Record releases have to be swift, and HEAVILY PROMOTED to do monster first week sales or the internet will rape the record company of profit.

Chinese Democracy needs MONSTER promotion, and the higher ups at the record company who dont give a fuck about merck, axl, or bucketfoot KNOW THAT.? Chinese Democracy needs to be AN EVENT (like the release of a blockbuster movie), not a scheme to trick fans.? We need to see a SOLID date and HUGE ads, a rolling stone cover, a single and video, an interview with kurt loder, guitar world/kerrang/metal edge covers, a larry king appearance, etc.etc.etc..... The record execs KNOW THIS and we WILL NOT SEE CD WITHOUT IT !

good points... alll very reasonable...
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2006, 05:01:29 PM »

Uh, no. He is using his common sense.
ben9785
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »

Yeah, very reasonable points about a secret release.. The thing is though, they may very well go ahead with a plan and strategy for a secret release. Somebody leaking the info will probably be the only advance notice we get
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2006, 07:07:42 PM »

I think you guys are misunderstanding the word "secret".  All secret means is that it will not be promoted, but everyone and their mother will know about it because of the internet....
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2006, 07:45:15 PM »

I think you guys are misunderstanding the word "secret".  All secret means is that it will not be promoted, but everyone and their mother will know about it because of the internet....

Yeah, I agree, the word "secret" doesnt mean that the management does everything in their power to cover up the release date. I think they either just like you say just not gonna do any promotion because it will be promoted anyway by every news channel. I think they havnt set a release date because if they would miss it people would get pissed , I guess they will do everything in their power to release it this year. Thats the latest word we heard, that it would come this year so I guess it will arrive.

Axl said in the interview with Eddie Trunk that the 2002-thing went down because maybe he wasnt ready but some people were pressuring him to do it so this time we will let him take his time and I guess we will get CD soon.
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »

look, lets just wait and see what happens after the 19th... when better takes over yes

The 19th will come and go without anything happening. The "Better" release was only inferred by debatable choice of language used in the Harley Davidson press release, never even remotely "confirmed."

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2006, 07:52:19 PM »

The 19th will come and go without anything happening. The "Better" release was only inferred by debatable choice of language used in the Harley Davidson press release, never even remotely "confirmed."

well, we werent allowed to talk about it before, and now we are, so management mustve given some sort of confirmation that it is airing soon...
imkeepintheaura
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2006, 07:52:36 PM »

the harley ad is still showing "better" coming soon....................so this must indicate atleast a single soon.............right?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2006, 07:55:54 PM »

GnR are both mopre and less important than we believe them to be. more in the sense that they will sell many albums once it is released based on the name alone. but less, because they will never be as big as they once were, both in relative and real terms. the record company has many other big artists so they are ok for money. so the probably simply cant be bothered to promote GnR more.
The album will be quite "big" either way. So a "secret" release where we dont know bout it til it is released (more or less) is perfectly feasible. people from record shops have confirmed this. we will know bout it of course thanks to HTGTH, buit that mnay be all. the rest may be post release promo only, combined with word of mouth. there is no reason why this isnt possible.
and think how great they will look when CD goes to no. 1 in many territories with little or no release! itd just be a very happy "accident".

I would'nt do that if I were you.
ohmygod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2006, 08:49:08 PM »

Thanks for the info? Roll Eyes

seriously...

what used to be is not there for me...
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2006, 01:24:49 PM »

Axl Rose has NO interest in money, fame or anything else that goes along with it.?

Are you serious...?!? confused

Regardless, even if Axl has no interest in making a buck - the record company certainly does.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: