Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:09:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  The censorship is going to destroy this
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The censorship is going to destroy this  (Read 4551 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:54:39 PM »

For every action there is a reaction.? Every time, throughout the history of man, when an entitiy tried to censor, the reaction far outweighed the initial action, and rendered results that were the opposite of those hoped for when the censuring began.? V for Vendetta, for instance shows in a movie, what happens to a society that is censured.? The November 7 elections, show how a dynasty crumbles, even with mechanisms of impropriety in place to prevent the reaction to the censuring and attempts at control.? Companies, which try to censure, end up failing, because the ideas fail to flow, and humans instinctually resist censuring and control on a subconscious level.? While I understand the need to control rumours, I must say the moderators on this board, are beginning to act like the Pigs in Animal Farm--they are full of hubris, and themselves.   They have taken the power to kill others ideas, too far, in many circumstances.

I suggest, before this creates a monster, that comes back to haunt the owner of this board, that they reconsider the way they moderate--and allow more free discussion, and try to correct, or prove stupid with words and allegorical/rhetorical means misiformation.?  The Great Backlash is a truism, and one that is beginning to brew here on certain levels.

The anger, the negative vibes, and most of all, the loss of credibility this site is beginning to experience right now, is the wrong time for this too happen.? This site, needs to be viewed as credible, especially as a voice for the new GNR.?

I would suggest, censuring the vulgar, and insults, but shy away from eliminating ideas that maybe personally viewed as contrary to a moderators, but are not necessarily wrong or contrary to sentiments found in the general world population.

Just some thoughts, and my voice.? I love this forum, and truly respect Jarmo.? This is the best site--please keep it that way!? ?ok
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 03:56:56 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Edward Rose
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »

The world of liability is a very complex one. And it doesn't just have to do with saying something bad about a person or band. It can be as simple as not phrasing a sentence properly. Or not putting a question mark in a post title that should have one. Or of course, doing a "Cavuto" and PUTTING a question mark on a sentence that's INTENDED to be a statement.

"Bush The Best President Ever?"

I know the answer to THAT one!

I saw a post today that was 99% nice and brought up good points, with a sentence right in the middle of it that said "...that asshole Axl." And I saw another one that was good, but said "....find out we were lied to when the album doesn't come out by 12/31."

If you don't know what those people were doing, then you wouldn't understand why some threads are deleted. Freedom of Speech is no excuse to call someone an asshole at a band fan forum, or call someone a liar when things DON'T go perfectly to plan. Some of these people aren't fans, don't belong here, and are using Freedom of Speech as an exuse to bash.

My guess is, this is the first forum where we'll finally get a "Yes it's true" when the real release date is posted, or when so many store employees know, that they can't keep it secret anyone. And that's a whole other discussion. I'm sure there's good reasons for the secret.

I'm not yelling or anything, just trying to explain. I chose to offer some inside info in a post here, and I shit you not, I must have back-spaced over more words than ended up in the eventual post. And only because people don't know how to read or will exxagerate stuff.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 04:09:35 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 04:13:07 PM »

Wow.

Best post I've read in a VERY long time, Edward. beer
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:10:11 PM »

Wow.

Best post I've read in a VERY long time, Edward. beer

i agree

have been readin a couple of edward`s post, and he is an seems to be intelligent dude, so its cool to have people
here that dont bash each other, and dont cry for everithing, that happen, or that not happens
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 05:21:23 PM »

I always appreciated this forum because of the lack of rumors.

i wish jarmo would invoke a "No more release Date" Clause.

I get so annoyed seeing 5 different threads on supposed release dates.

who cares what some kid makin minimum wage at Best buy has heard u know?

The album has been so guarded and protected that we arent gonna find out through a third party so why do we continue to get up and down based on what a third party says?

some third party confirms the album is comin out this year and people celebrate like they are at spring break or mardi gras

Then a third party says it isnt comin out and all of a sudden u would think people on here were being shipped off to war or something.

Get a grip, we have 7 Tuesdays left and its gonna happen.

If not, fuck it, whats one more year of waiting?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 05:41:15 PM »

I must say the moderators on this board, are beginning to act like the Pigs in Animal Farm--they are full of hubris, and themselves.   They have taken the power to kill others ideas, too far, in many circumstances.

"Note to self, with referance to: first draft, paragraph one (1), conclu(ding?)sion (sentance?): points (roundabout) to include: Animal Farm (stick in some Orwell); hubris (love the ancient Greek, bit o' the stuff of education)."

The point(s?)? As in yours, not mine. Oh sure, you have some, and they are good ones. The expression? Disgusting. The above, wouldn't you agree, is quite the blanket statement, given that you have no fucking idea who is censoring what.

For every action there is a reaction.

You had me giggling from the get-go.

he is an seems to be intelligent dude

I'm sure that he is. But the main reason that you think that is because it is clearly his intent to make you think that. Christ... Who hasn't read Animal Farm? Well done, another Farm analogy. I'm not sure how many more I can read because my brain goes numb and I fall on the floor. Before getting up.

Come on now. The opening post is one of the most contrived, pretentious things that I have read here in a long while.

It's a pity that such an intelligent guy has had to bury valid points under such rubbish.

Edit: ........ Sorry. I mean, really, though of course I'm not going to delete any of it or anything. But maybe I wasn't in the right mood to read that, maybe I was too harsh, and though it sounds ridiculous......

......... No disrespect man. Yep. That did sound ridiculous.
But seriously.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:44:25 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 06:24:11 PM »

Christ... Who hasn't read Animal Farm?
I'm NOT Christ nor am I trying to answer for him ..... but .....
I haven't read Animal Farm.? no

I think one of the mods must've deleted it before I got a chance to read it!!!? rant

Tongue

P.S.? I really haven't read it.? Embarrassed

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 06:37:33 PM »

I think Niko was refering to Edward Rose and not the original poster  peace

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 06:38:01 PM »

I haven't read Animal Farm.? no

I think one of the mods must've deleted it before I got a chance to read it!!!? rant

Tongue

P.S.? I really haven't read it.? Embarrassed

I wasn't going to get invalved in this thread, but i'll allow my self to recomend everyone to read Animal Farm.

Now that i'm here tho i will also say that there's no need to doubht this board, it has never given out wrong info as far as i know.

threads and topics have been moved deleted or closed for as long as i've been here while at the same thime the same topics have been discussed at other boards... this board have also provided plenty of info on why certain threads and topics have been MODERATED.

if anyone think that you won't here about the REAL release date of CD here first, please drag your speculating rumor loving gossip spreading ass to another part of the garbage can ASAP. ?hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 07:13:38 PM »

if anyone think that you won't here about the REAL release date of CD here first, please drag your speculating rumor loving gossip spreading ass to another part of the garbage can ASAP. ?hihi

rofl

Best line I have read today!  Thank YOU! ok

No need for fancy language to get the bottom line across hihi
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 08:04:56 PM »

I must say the moderators on this board, are beginning to act like the Pigs in Animal Farm--they are full of hubris, and themselves.? ?They have taken the power to kill others ideas, too far, in many circumstances.

"Note to self, with referance to: first draft, paragraph one (1), conclu(ding?)sion (sentance?): points (roundabout) to include: Animal Farm (stick in some Orwell); hubris (love the ancient Greek, bit o' the stuff of education)."

The point(s?)? As in yours, not mine. Oh sure, you have some, and they are good ones. The expression? Disgusting. The above, wouldn't you agree, is quite the blanket statement, given that you have no fucking idea who is censoring what.

For every action there is a reaction.

You had me giggling from the get-go.

he is an seems to be intelligent dude

I'm sure that he is. But the main reason that you think that is because it is clearly his intent to make you think that. Christ... Who hasn't read Animal Farm? Well done, another Farm analogy. I'm not sure how many more I can read because my brain goes numb and I fall on the floor. Before getting up.

Come on now. The opening post is one of the most contrived, pretentious things that I have read here in a long while.

It's a pity that such an intelligent guy has had to bury valid points under such rubbish.

Edit: ........ Sorry. I mean, really, though of course I'm not going to delete any of it or anything. But maybe I wasn't in the right mood to read that, maybe I was too harsh, and though it sounds ridiculous......

......... No disrespect man. Yep. That did sound ridiculous.
But seriously.

i wasnt talking about Minneapolisnewsman, i was talkin about Edward Rose  ok
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 10:41:57 PM »

i know everyone seems to be making a big deal out of the fact we may get any announcement or confirmation here first, but what is that really worth when it will posted on every other forum .1 tenth of a second later. Doesn't seem like it is worth having traded away alot of the freedom we use to enjoy on this board. The new information lock-down policy seems like a case of trying to "fix" something that was never broke in the first place.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 05:01:26 AM »

i know everyone seems to be making a big deal out of the fact we may get any announcement or confirmation here first, but what is that really worth when it will posted on every other forum .1 tenth of a second later. Doesn't seem like it is worth having traded away alot of the freedom we use to enjoy on this board. The new information lock-down policy seems like a case of trying to "fix" something that was never broke in the first place.

i don?t follow you, no imformation is being taken from us, if you can point out anything i would appreciate it. And noone has taken away your freedom either, everyone is free to leave at any time.

I mean, this isn?t a totaly open say whatever you want wherever you want kind of forum, it?s not a forum desperate for new members, this is a private forum, ran by one guy. he desides the rules and if you don?t like them you can fuck off basically. (i?m not telling you to fuck off, but you get the drift)

The point is simply not to flod the board with meaningless discussions about rumors and shit that are not ready for discussion.

if you like swimming in shit you can easily do that over at  __gnrforum.com i.e. at least thats my point of view. i?ve never felt screwed over while being here, it?s quite the opposite as a matter of fact....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 07:36:48 PM »

It seems odd to me that you would compare a internet message board to the events that you mentioned. No disrespect, but you take this WAY to seriously. If certain things aren't allowed to be posted, then so be it, it's not like you can't find said information through other sources. This is not a 'civilization', if you will, that is going to become unruly and collapse because of this. Certain people will go somewhere else, and that will be the only backlash there is, and even that will be minor. I guess all I am trying to say is, there are many more problems on a much grander scale in this world than what we can and can not talk about on a Guns N' Roses message board.

Axl is God.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 04:39:10 PM »

i wasnt talking about Minneapolisnewsman, i was talkin about Edward Rose  ok

Sorry buddy, my mistake.

I haven't read Animal Farm.  no

I think one of the mods must've deleted it before I got a chance to read it!!!  rant

Tongue

P.S.  I really haven't read it.  Embarrassed

Haha. That's only because you can't read though. Don't worry!, I'll read it to you.  Smiley Serialized, of course.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 04:40:43 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »

I dont think this board needs to censor anything - unless...someone...is trying to curry favour.....

If people have an opinion on something, providing it has more depth than 'Axl's a bald loser' - i think it has a place, if its wrong and ridiculously wide of the mark 'GNR canceled the show because Axl went seal clubbing' - then the truth, as opposed to enforced silence, will deal with it

I was quite saddened at the way people believing GNR cancelled that show the other day because they hadn't sold enough tickets were treated...

Now maybe they did cancel because of that, maybe they didnt - but surely people should have a chance to ask it. GNR have either been the victim of literally thousands of misfortunes - or they havent been calling things as they are....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 09:38:21 PM »

I haven't read Animal Farm.  no

I don't even watch Big Brother...  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: