Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***  (Read 42373 times)
conny
« on: November 21, 2006, 11:29:19 AM »

I guess I'm not the only one who noticed that everytime certain things are posted or in certain discussions a new band member is being criticised here, the threads magically dissapear. They are not even locked or moved, they just get deleted. Just like that, without any explanation. I respect the rules and I like how this place is run, but I'm sorry - the current situatin is a mess and this kind of censorship is bullshit. My advice would be to either shut down the board or just make some new rules, but don't do it like it's done right now because it ruins the board. There is absolutely no point posting or even reading here anymore when every 3rd discussion is gone before you can even read alll the replies. And I'm not talking about rumours, dead horses or off topics. I'm talking about general GN'R discussions, music, members, normal stuff without insults or anything.

I would like to know everyone's opinion on that, and I would like to ask the the mods to speak out and explain. Not because you have to, but because it would be nice. Nice in sense of good behaviour towards all fans, guests and registered members of this board. Thank you.

But I guess this thread is just going to dissapear too, huh?

no
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 11:30:20 AM »

Even if this isn't deleted, it'll be moved to the admin. section.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 11:31:39 AM »

Yeah, read the "Administration/Feedback" section first, or at least post this there.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=10.0
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 11:31:56 AM »

I don't agree with all of the moving/delete of threads, but someone with as many posts as you should know what'll happen with this one.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »

yep... it blows.... I start to type and after 10 mins of typing some paragraph with thoughts and points and discussions i go to hit post and magicly some dipshit mod has hit the delete key..... ? ?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 11:35:52 AM »

This board is not here so that some of you can post stuff like "We don't need Bumblefoot in the band" day after day after day.

He's in the band, he's a great guy, deal with it.

Think about it this way: Would you tell a band member to his face that he's not needed in the band?

If the answer is "no", why do you need to post it then?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
conny
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 12:13:07 PM »

I'd tell him straight in the face that I don't like his playing. So what? It is no insult, and it has nothing to do with him as a person. My point is that I don't come here for 100+ threads about fantasy release dates or discussing Axl's clothes. I come here to talk about the music and the artists who create the music. And Ron is one of them. People don't even get a chance to explore this guy as an artist, get to know more about him or just express how much they like his playing so they can direct attention on him (that's all positive things!!!) - they can't because ALL the threads about him suddenly dissapeared. But it wasn't only the threads about Ron. Anyway, the current kind of censorship is not too cool.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 12:29:01 PM »

This board is not here so that some of you can post stuff like "We don't need Bumblefoot in the band" day after day after day.

He's in the band, he's a great guy, deal with it.

Think about it this way: Would you tell a band member to his face that he's not needed in the band?

/jarmo

I would tell it if that would be the situation. But umm.. now when Bumble is in the band, people can't tell their opinions of him on this board? Even if they tell it with a nice mature way? 'Cause I've noticed that it's impossible to say anything bad about this band on this board..

But anyway, it's better to have tight rules than no rules at all.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »

/jarmo

The answer is 'yes'.

I love every person in the band, but if I didn't, I woulnd't mind telling him.
I'm sure none of them would give a fuck, though.

If a band member is not loved by everyone, why the hell do we (you) have to hide it from him?
Should he be able to ckeck the forum and read only good things about him that would blow his ego?
Don't you think that once he's checking the forum he wants to know how the fans really feel?
Or is this a place where every member of the band can come and get the impression that the whole world worships him?
This is utopical.

And these come from a poster who worships everyone in the band right now.

BTW, the deleted thread was a good one, the discussion was interesting, no insults, no rule breaking.

Maybe you should update the rules in the forum.
Make a 'no posting of negative opinions' rule, and I'm sure HTGTH will be the official GnR forum.
With 100 members or so.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 01:53:42 PM »

Make a 'no posting of negative opinions' rule, and I'm sure HTGTH will be the official GnR forum.

It won't be official no matter how much you wish for it to be made official.

With 100 members or so.

2, 100 or 10000 members, I don't care.

As long as the posters are here for the right reasons.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 02:01:40 PM »

It won't be official no matter how much you wish for it to be made official.

I dont give a damn about the forum's status.
It doesn't concern me and there's nothing in for me personally whether I post or not in an official forum.
I'm here because I love GnR and want to discuss GnR with other people who share the same interest.
Is this on your 'right reasons' list?

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 02:33:33 PM »

Personally I don't like Finck's guitar-playing. I have nothing against that guy on a personal level. I just don't like how he plays guitar. I don't think he is in the same league as Slash. There should be no problem to say this kind of thing.

That doesn't make me a lesser GN'R fan. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact...

I'll download it !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 02:41:38 PM »

I'm here because I love GnR and want to discuss GnR with other people who share the same interest.

Depends on what you want to discuss.

How much the band sucks, how you want Slash/Buckethead back, how nobody likes the shows because the setlist is always the same, how Axl's an asshole, how wrong it is to start after 11PM etc.... Those discussions would be wrong reasons to come here.

/jarmo

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 02:59:30 PM »

^ I have never expressed any of those statements in any of my posts. Never. But that's just me.

I respect those who have a different opinion.
Slashead, for example. He sure is a fan.
He wants Slash back, I don't.
Does this make him not welcome here?

If everybody had the same, good opinion on the band/guitarists/setlist, then... what would be there to discuss?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 03:25:28 PM »

I respect those who have a different opinion.
Slashead, for example. He sure is a fan.
He wants Slash back, I don't.
Does this make him not welcome here?

I respect the opinions of others as well. But I don't need to be exposed to the same few people expressing their opinions in every possible thread.

Everybody is welcome if they understand what this board is about.

It's not about trying to bring other fans who are positive down with your complaints, it's not about slagging the band members off because you wish for a reunion and it's not for spreading bullshit rumors about the band.

/jarmo

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »

But I don't need to be exposed to the same few people expressing their opinions in every possible thread.

...I post too much about Finck, don't I?  hihi
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

How much the band sucks, how you want Slash/Buckethead back, how nobody likes the shows because the setlist is always the same, how Axl's an asshole, how wrong it is to start after 11PM etc.... Those discussions would be wrong reasons to come here.

/jarmo

So you basically can't say it if you don't like the setlists? Or if Finck would screw up a solo very badly, you can't say you didn't like it?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 03:51:53 PM »

/jarmo

So you basically can't say it if you don't like the setlists? Or if Finck would screw up a solo very badly, you can't say you didn't like it?

The setlist rocks and Finck doesn't really screw his solos up that much.   

i dont care if someone wants slash back, whatever thats their opinion.  but to come to a GNR board in 2006 day after day to express that and try to piss off those of us who do support this band is trolling.   nobody likes a troll.   I would understand if it was 1996, but come on..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 03:58:44 PM »

I guess you didn't get it. Were you at the show or are you just gonna whine about it in every thread about every show?

Some people like to "review" shows based on reading the setlist and watching 30 second clips on Youtube.

/jarmo

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 04:08:29 PM »

I guess you didn't get it. Were you at the show or are you just gonna whine about it in every thread about every show?

Some people like to "review" shows based on reading the setlist and watching 30 second clips on Youtube.

/jarmo

I went to a show and wrote that I was a little bummed out that people around me were sitting and leaving towards the end of the night and that ruined my enjoyment a little bit.  I said it was a shame (and confusing) because the band was good... and my posts got deleted?

The GN'R section of this board is pretty worthless...  At least the Jungle exists where you can actually express your opinion without being grouped into a certain "category" of GN'R poster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: