Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***  (Read 42242 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2006, 06:25:34 PM »

your from newfoundland.. what could you know? go play with the eskimos.

This is the best insult you could pm me? You really are pathetic...

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »

That's pretty fucking stupid.  I mean, Newfoundlanders know a lot of things.  And we don't all play with the "eskimos".  CB, this guy's not even worth the time.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »

That's pretty fucking stupid.  I mean, Newfoundlanders know a lot of things.  And we don't all play with the "eskimos".  CB, this guy's not even worth the time.

I just find it funny that that was all he could come up with...
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2006, 07:03:05 PM »

I just find it funny that that was all he could come up with...

Yeah he could've at least made a welfare joke or something.   hihi

GNRevolution... the missing link.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2006, 07:44:01 PM »

i hate it when a good website gose "pc" and starts deleting shit, first Blabbermouth now heretodaygonetohell tomarow the world THIS SUCKS. I came here because Blabbermouth banned me for telling it like it is so i say fuck them thats why i came here and i like it but i hope that we don't get censored here like you do when your at Blabbermouth.

PS.
dose any one know what i'm talking about with the whole being censored thing at Blabbermouth?

When I got the pleasure of meeting Jarmo for a few seconds at the New Jersey show, I asked him how it felt to have such a big board, and to have it run for 10 years. He said it was really cool, but he didn't feel like he really "made it big" yet because no one had ever compared his site to Blabbermouth.

rofl

I find it hard to believe something called "Blabbermouth" censors anyone hihi

I never go there so I don't know, I'm just sayin....

if you don't believe me go there and see if your a member any more and you go to post before you do theres a sign above the post box thing that says " by posting on Blabbermouth you agree to not post any homophobic, obsene, racist, ect" or somthing like that. After they did that Blabbermouth got gay quick and i got banned three weeks later.

Angry and i was pissed off too because the shit i said wasn't even that bad. O-well fuck them, i'm here, they're queer, and Jarmo you got a hell of a site man. Nice job. Wink

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2006, 01:09:04 PM »

eh there's already too much shit going on here for mods to keep track of...

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
fixintodie
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »

My biggest complaint will always be the "We arent owed anything bullshit"

I'm a huge fan. Come play in my home town so I can trash your equipment.

You owe me!

Sign a guitar and send it to me so I can sell it on Ebay. I think you owe me that too!  Roll Eyes

I went to Portland, ME and had a show cancelled. Do I feel like the band owes me?

Fuck no.

Having just caught up on this thread, I have to question your raising this particular point in this reply. You mentioned in another thread that you saw 6 other shows in the US, so I would think this point redundant. Some people have to save to afford to get to one gig. Missing 1 of the 7 gigs you were lucky enough to attend is a vastly different scenario, and I hope you sympathise with those fans who lost their only chance on this tour, after making plans, travelling etc.

For the record, I think the band ultimately handled this cancellation very well, and with a lot of respect and consideration for those who were due to attend.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2006, 08:47:27 PM »

In case you didn't notice, the majority of the pissed off fans weren't even in Portland, ME.

Yet, it seems like they have every right to complain, but since I got to see other shows I shouldn't say anything? Even after having travelled from New Jersey to Portland by Greyhound...

All I'm saying is that some of the biggest complainers weren't affected one bit of the cancelled gig and yet they complained a lot more than I did....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2006, 09:03:45 PM »

Why can't you see that when there's nothing going on, we can understand certain negativity among the fans, but when things are happening, the same people are still whining?

It's obvious some of these fans will never be happy.

That may be true for some fans but why is it wrong for the fans to complain? Why do you feel the need to whitewash everything and expect people to just be happy no matter what?? I mean, I understand that it is annoying if people are complaining just for the sake of complaining, but there have been a lot of valid complaints that are being deleted. Why?

If you have a concert thread with 10 people saying it was an awesome show, and one guy who didn't attend saying it sucked, don't you think it's a pretty pointless post?

Or having people who actually go to the shows complain about how late it started? Or complaining that it sucks because certain members quit the band. If you don't like those things, don't fucking go. Save your money.

No, I don't think it is a pointless post if that was his honest opinion. Everyone has different views and he should be able to share them as long as he isn't attacking another member. Are you actually trying to say that a person shouldn't bother posting their opinion if they are in the minority? Would you feel the same way if the majority of the posters said the show sucked but one person said it was great?

I agree with your second point, but I do think complaining about the late shows are a semi-valid point, but that is another discussion.

It's not just that.

It's also the fact that fans read things on boards and it gets spread around the Internet until somebody actually thinks it's the truth.

It's like the leaks, we can't stop them, but we can make sure this place isn't helping them being spread by allowing links to them.

That is an unfortunate part of the? internet and I don't blame you for trying to stop stupid rumors such as idiots who pretend to be insiders, but I? don't think this place should be censored because there are some idiots out there that don't know how to take these rumors with a grain of salt. It's certainly not fair to stop discussion of topics in the public domain (such as the RS article) just because a few fools can't help theirselves.

Until we're told otherwise, the plan is still 2006.

Wait and see. What's there to speculate about?

Does every single little detail have to be overanalyzed?

Sometimes I wonder if we have a board full of lawyers, some days I think we have a board full of marketing people etc.

Funny how many people here are experts at law, marketing, concert promotion and various other jobs associated with the music business.

I agree that fans tend to overanalyze, but in this case it is pretty valid. It's not like it's January 1st and everyone is wondering if it will be out by Dec 31. The fact is that it is Nov 24 and there are only 5 Tuesdays left. It is impossible to release CD on 3 of those Tuesdays and the other 2 are a stretch. So it is only natural that the fans are going to start wondering because we were told one thing and it is looking highly unlikely that they will come through. Besides, it's not like they have failed us before.

It may seem funny that we have all these "experts" but with a site this popular it's not unusual that we would come across people with those occupations. Besides, it's not like we have anyone claiming to be a record company exec, just people who work at a music store. What's so unusual about that? A lot of things these people post are just common sense. Someone who claims there needs time for CD to be pressed, distributed, promoted, etc is just common sense. Those who believe it will show up any Tuesday out of the blue are just dreamers and not basing their thoughts in reality.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2006, 09:31:30 PM »

Valid complaints? I'd say the so called valid complaints are always about #1 the band going on "too late", #2 the setlists or #3 no release date yet.

There's not much we can do about those is there?

You can have a 500 page thread speculating about why they're not playing Crash Diet, but will they start playing it tonight even if we complain?

You can have ten positive reviews and one negative saying the show sucked because Slash wasn't there.

What do you think people replying to the posts will focus on?

So suddenly we have a thread about how Axl shouldn't use the name and we should have a reunion instead.

Or even without the Slash mention people will focus on the negativity and suddenly the thread is full of discussion about the one thing one guy complained about. The focus is suddenly on one negative thing that one personis complaining about instead of how great the actual show was according to everybody else.

I've seen so many "objective" reviews and as soon as I saw the username I knew what was coming. I didn't even have to read the post before I knew what kind of review was coming.

There's a lot of fans out there who claim to be objective, but they love nothing more than to put down the band. Because they think, some people who left the band about ten years ago, should be there today.

We're not here for those people. We're here for fans who are excited about the current band. Fans who are behind this band and support them.

Some of the "banned" topics contained information that wasn't meant to get out at that point. For example, turn on your TV and watch out for that HD commercial. Notice what song is playing in it....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2006, 10:14:32 PM »

We're not here for those people. We're here for fans who are excited about the current band. Fans who are behind this band and support them.

what happens with those fans who greatly support the new band and still have something that they are disappointed in (i.e. - me).

and if one would ask me i say anything related to the setlist and late shows are immediatly shat on.  they're a waste and they've been discussed inside and out, those without question can go.

anything else that someone is disappointed in should depend on the situation, such as how it is worded and what the intentions are with the comment.

EFISH
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2006, 10:55:55 PM »

I agree.
Thanks for your insight. You've been very knowledgable in the admin section today.
 rofl
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2006, 10:57:11 PM »

I agree.
Thanks for your insight. You've been very knowledgable in the admin section today.
 rofl

Glad you get me drift..... rofl
BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2006, 04:15:01 PM »

looks like this thread died...

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2006, 05:22:45 PM »

looks like this thread died...

That's because it doesn't matter what is said, the mods are too busy playing defense.  So you have two options:

1. Leave

2. Bend Over
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2006, 05:59:12 PM »

I answered, he didn't like the answer and deleted his account. Again.

I'm not gonna answer everybody in every single thread.

It's no use, you won't read the answers anyway. You just keep asking "why?".

You'll post stuff which are basically lies about the band and get upset when we remove them. How come?

More than on one occasion, removed threads have had multiple posters pointing out how absurd the "facts" in the articles were. Yet, some of you get upset when it's removed.

/jarmo

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »

I answered, he didn't like the answer and deleted his account. Again.

I'm not gonna answer everybody in every single thread.

It's no use, you won't read the answers anyway. You just keep asking "why?".

You'll post stuff which are basically lies about the band and get upset when we remove them. How come?

More than on one occasion, removed threads have had multiple posters pointing out how absurd the "facts" in the articles were. Yet, some of you get upset when it's removed.

/jarmo

I don't understand why the Universal release date lists were deleted. Was that meant to be 'contained'?

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2006, 06:54:21 PM »

I don't remember removing it, so I don't know.

One thread was removed because it went way off topic from facts to speculation. In it were comments by Mysteron.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:56:26 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »

I agree with the setlist, People shouldnt complain.

To us its the same setlist, but to people seeing the show it is exciting and new.

It took me awhile to realize that myself I cant lie.

The only complaint I've ever had is, I wish they would just play some Use Your Illusion songs.? If u are GUns N Roses, u should play stuff off more than just the Appetite album, a couple covers and 2 songs off the Illusions which are my Fav albums.

AFD has always only been my 3rd fav GNR cd, so to hear almost every song off it and only 4 off the Illusions....... I wont say disappoint cause its not that word, but to me it would great to hear Civil War or Yesterdays........

If they played a song like Estranged, I think that would win more "old' fans over.

also its their show, they can do anything they want, but when people complain about the solos, I can totally agree. And its not because its Robin,Richard and Bumble, I just personally hate solos spots. so i cant imagine 4 seperate.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:19:01 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: