Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:03:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***  (Read 42241 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 04:09:45 PM »

Are you a troll for replying to the subject of a thread? If people repeats themselves just delete their post or ban them. The rest of us should be allowed to discuss both sides of every subject. With the exception of the obvious bullshit of course. If it is like Merck claimed, that every opinion, positive or negative, should be encouraged, as long as it didn't create "chaos and lies". Do discussion on a new players abillities and current merit create lies and chaos? I don't think it does, in the real world.

Everything points to this being an attempt from GN'R to squash all unwanted talk about the band on the biggest message board. It's just being called something else.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 04:13:30 PM »

Are you a troll for replying to the subject of a thread? If people repeats themselves just delete their post or ban them. The rest of us should be allowed to discuss both sides of every subject. With the exception of the obvious bullshit of course. If it is like Merck claimed, that every opinion, positive or negative, should be encouraged, as long as it didn't create "chaos and lies". Do discussion on a new players abillities and current merit create lies and chaos? I don't think it does, in the real world.

Everything points to this being an attempt from GN'R to squash all unwanted talk about the band on the biggest message board. It's just being called something else.

Very good #1000 post, totally agreed.  yes
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

no.. go look at slashead's posts.  that is what i'm talking about.
conny
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 09:48:47 PM »

That is what I meant by "clear some things up for us". But I guess clarification goes a long way these days.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 10:01:24 PM by conny » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 10:23:11 PM »

]

I respect the opinions of others as well. But I don't need to be exposed to the same few people expressing their opinions in every possible thread.

Everybody is welcome if they understand what this board is about.

It's not about trying to bring other fans who are positive down with your complaints, it's not about slagging the band members off because you wish for a reunion and it's not for spreading bullshit rumors about the band.

/jarmo

In other words, this is no longer a GNR forum - a place for open discussion about GNR. It's become the GNR worship board. Anyone with a differing opinion need not apply.
conny
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 10:39:48 PM »

Everybody is welcome if they understand what this board is about.

So what is this board about?

This?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39914.0

Or this?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=36485.0

Or that?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=38925.0
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 10:45:28 PM by conny » Logged
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 12:21:04 AM »

Finally, a haven for me to discuss this on the board.

like my other thread stated (and feel free to merge it here or whatever you feel), i said that i really did not like the idea of "better" being in a harley davidson commercial, i felt it really did not go with the feeling behind the song and what the song is truly about.

now i do not see AT ALL how this merits a post deletion... i came here with the understanding that this was a well managed place where i could voice my opinions on things gnr related... and better being misused in a motorcycle was my opinion.

now i agree, very thoroughly, that there are assholes here who need to be bitch slapped, but what i said was not an attack, it more like honesty.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 12:25:08 AM »

There are posters on this forum that do nothing but complain and it gets old but there are some posters on here like Eazy E, Myself, Conny etc etc who have been here for years and years and ?I dont agree with everything Axl does and when he does something I dont agree with, Im not gonna kiss his ass and act like its OK just because he or Merck or whoever may read this forum.

So If I post something negative, Im not a GNR hater or a SLash lover, or a whatever, I just try to be honest. I think Axl has way too many YES men around him and he doesnt have anyone to be straight and tell his ass the truth on certain things.

I have Axl Tattooed on my forearm for Christs Sake but Im not gonna sit here and do nothing but talk about how great everything is if I dont feel it isnt or if I think Axl is fucking up.

Doesnt make me any less of a GNR fan.

So when Eazy makes a post about an observation at a concert, I dont think its right for that post to get deleted. If its the truth, its the truth.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 01:28:39 AM »

Exactly, D. Truly objective people aren't always going to praise the band and everything they do. A person who has a negative opinion isn't necessarily a debbie downer.  Take the Mysteron thread for example. Yeah, it was turning "negative" but it wasn't because the posters on that thread were out to drag everyone down. It's because they were looking at the situation realistically and realized that there is a very small chance that CD will be out this year. Some were expressing their frustrations over that because it it stinks being a loyal fan only to be let down yet again. That's not being negative for the sake of being negative and it's not an attempt to drag everyone down. It's just a bucnh of fans expressing their honest feelings when they decided to look at the situation objectively. It's not fair to treat these kind of opinions like they are an albatross around GNR fandom. It's the blindly optimistic fans that make us look bad.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 02:04:20 AM »

So you basically can't say it if you don't like the setlists? Or if Finck would screw up a solo very badly, you can't say you didn't like it?

I guess you didn't get it. Were you at the show or are you just gonna whine about it in every thread about every show?

Some people like to "review" shows based on reading the setlist and watching 30 second clips on Youtube.

/jarmo

Yes I saw them twice, and the band is fucking amazing. I personally haven't complained for years about Finck or Tommy or setlists or anything.. but if I think that the setlists sucks, can I say it on this board? Or can I say if Axl sounded bad at last nights concert?

If I think something's wrong with the band, of course I'd like to talk about it. But on this board it's called bitching/whining/Slash loving/etc.. And now you all wonder why I'm here.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 02:15:55 AM »

Some were expressing their frustrations over that because it it stinks being a loyal fan only to be let down yet again.

Let down yet again? This is only because your believed RUMORS in the past. This is the first time we've really been told the record is going to be released. If it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world.

We found out a lot this year, didn't we? Much more than in years past. To me, if you truly understand what it was like to be loyal to a band, you would realize regardless of whether or not the record comes out in 2006, it was the BEST year in the history of the new guns, and it proved once and for all that this is a band to be reckoned with.

How you can call all of this a let down confuses me. Because the record might not come out in 2006? I'm sorry, no matter how you spin it, that's just whining.

Conny, wow, you found 3 posts that aren't earth shattering and are kind of pointless. Just to point out, one of those threads is an Axl's clothes thread, which had to be created because there was about 7 popping up each week. I think it was left there in effect to stop people from creating new ones.

You all seem to think the board is "Censored" or that you have to kiss the bands ass all the time. To me, that doesn't seem to be the case. The staff is merely trying to keep things organized and readable, because the site gets tons of visits from diehard and new fans alike. People like mikegiuliana posting that he heard the show sucked or something, when he wasn't there, that stuff shouldn't be left up. It's not because it's negative, it's because it isn't true.

I'm sure, sometimes in the shuffle, a post might get deleted when it really shouldn't have been. But anyone who browses this board all day and sees all the ridiculous threads that pop up and get deleted (i think there was one about how axl might spend thanksgiving!) understands that this is just a natural side effect of an effectively run board.

All I know is that when I go to another board, I won't name them, but another big board, I don't even bother reading the posts in the threads. It's usually posts of 10 words or less, totally pointless crap, smilies, huge signatures, a complete waste of server space. If that is your idea of a forum, then fucking go there.

Personally, I don't give a fuck if you thought Axl's voice sounded bad last night, or if you think the setlist sucked. Do you realize how utterly pointless a post about the setlist sucking is? It's more pointless than a thread about Axls clothes. At least if someone reads the Axls clothes thread, they might get some sort of information about it, learn about a new brand of clothing or something. Reading your fucking 3,000 post about how the setlist sucks will serve no purpose, just a waste of fucking time. I admit Axls Clothes thread is rather insignificant, but I would hope you understand my point, which is:

Quality over quantity.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 02:18:15 AM »

We can dig up interviews as early as 98 where Axl said CD this year or that year so dont start with that bullshit.

We were told

Dont believe rumors, only believe when management or Axl says it.

Well they have now said it and if CD doesnt come out in 06, they owe us an explanation.

Im sick of this a band doesnt owe its fans anything bullshit.

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 02:21:05 AM »

We can dig up interviews as early as 98 where Axl said CD this year or that year so dont start with that bullshit.

We were told

Dont believe rumors, only believe when management or Axl says it.

Well they have now said it and if CD doesnt come out in 06, they owe us an explanation.

Im sick of this a band doesnt owe its fans anything bullshit.

No, I don't think you will dig up too many interviews from Axl, considering he did the Kurt Loder interview in 1999, and the RS article, and that's pretty much it from that time.

And, it's not bullshit, but the band doesn't owe you anything. Why you can't seem to get that into your head, I'll never understand. Just because you are a fan of a band, it doesn't mean they owe you shit. What makes you think they do just baffles me.

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 02:22:34 AM »

If you want to talk about things he said hinting at the release, how about things he said hinting at the release being a ways off:

"Soon is not the word" - 2002

"which... god willing we will finish" - 2001

In the 1999 Kurt Loder interview, he just says he hopes to have it done by a certain time, he doesn't say it will be.

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 02:24:05 AM »

I mean we could sit an argue these small points to death....... but why bother?

You obviously think Guns owes you something, because you have a void in your life that you need to fill with it.

Until you get over that, your opinion pretty much sounds like Charlie Browns mother to most everyone intelligent enough to understand how the world works.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 02:24:28 AM »

Bands owe their fans everything.

Without the fans, bands are NOTHING.

I have no void that GNR can fill, but they cant continuously mislead and treat their fans like shit.

I mean how immature is it to revoke discussions on a fucking message board.

Who are they Joseph Stalin?

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 02:27:34 AM »

I think someone who sits in their apartment and plays music to 0 fans would find that comment rather offensive.

It's not about the fans, it's about the music. If people happen to like it, so be it.

But that doesn't mean you make it for them. You make it for youself.

And dude, you fucking compare the htgth mods to joseph stalin? Who are you, Cartman?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 02:29:24 AM by gnr2006 » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 02:39:08 AM »

Who or where would Axl be without the fans that have supported him?

He'd be in Indiana doing God knows what or dead.

If he wants to retire and never release another album, that is fine, that is great but dont continuously hang something out in front of people's noses and then pull it back over and over and over.

I have no problem with the wait, I have always enjoyed it, but to say people are wrong for getting pissed off is ridiculous.

Axl had a golden opportunity to set the world on fire, he has so much momentum and so much going for him but he has continuously dropped the ball over and over.

I am sorry if his payroll of YES Men dont have the balls to tell him that but he needs to get his head on straight and make a decision.

Yes I am goin through with this

Or NO I dont want to.

Either is fine but it isnt cool to continously disappoint the fanbase that made him who he is.

He is gonna fuck around until he has no fans left to alienate if he isnt careful.

Dont give me this bullshit about someone in their apartment playin to 0 fans.

I am that guy that plays for myself and I write songs for myself but If I am ever gonna be somebody guess what? I have to have fans who love what I do and I have to do my best to keep them happy.

Comparing Axl to a start up Indy musician is ridiculous and it isnt even the same thing.

It also isnt fair to the new band who have the biggest shoes in the world to try and fill and its only more difficult to do that when they have to play the majority of the original bands songs.

I dont know what planet u are from, but If u think music is only music no big deal than I feel extremely sorry for u that u have never made a strong connection to something.

GNR to a whole lot of people, myself included is way more than just a band or some collection of songs.

any relationship has to have some mutual respect and as GNR fans we get kicked over and over and it isnt cool.

IF CD doesnt come out in 06, I will still be here, I will still be a GNR fan but dont fuckin tell me I am not allowed to get pissed off.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 02:40:46 AM by D » Logged

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 03:03:35 AM »

Bands owe their fans everything.

Without the fans, bands are NOTHING.

I have no void that GNR can fill, but they cant continuously mislead and treat their fans like shit.

I mean how immature is it to revoke discussions on a fucking message board.

Who are they Joseph Stalin?

If you look at the situation from an economic point of view, a band owes nothing to the fans (and don't get picky here about a the cancelled shows and how you had to pay money for planetickets.. i'm talking albums here).

From that perspective a band offers out a product, and if the consumer thinks he/she needs/wants the product, they can go and buy the product for themselves. It's a simple transaction. Just because a band releases a product 10 years ago doesn't mean it makes them owe the fans something in the future. It really is the band's call.

Now in the sense that if the band doesn't deliver anything that they've said they will, it will ofcourse narrow the amount of people interested in theproduct. The only people they owe a record is the recording company. And I'm pretty sure that they will hold on to get their own.

It might feel disappointing if an album doesn't come out when it has been scheduled, but to say that they owe it to the fans is just IMO incorrect.

And now about GN'R. The band is on tour at the moment. If anyone says that they have/had no intention to release the album this year, it's just wrong. It, from no stand point, makes any sense not to release it when promised. Like said. They'd only be hurting the future sales.

But I need to get going now. I'll write something more if something half intelligent comes to mind later.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 03:09:14 AM »

But why is negativity forbidden here?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: