Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***  (Read 42430 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2006, 05:44:02 PM »

Has anyone considered that maybe it is our behavior that is changing and not the moderators? ?

With the crap hitting the fan lately, it seems they probably have 10 times more work than they previously had just due to the activity of the band and the upcoming album. ?People are arguing like crazy in every thread (beyond the call of healthy debate) even about things that in the past would have not caused argument.

Tensions are flaring, a lot of the members are short on patience. ?I personally don't find it fun to have to wade through a ton of anger to find some news. ?

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2006, 06:29:48 PM »

Maybe it's because in the past most posters here were actually supportive and understood what this place is for, but now that the band is more active we get a bunch of people trying to ruin it for other fans by posting negative crap and lies about the band just to look cool?

You might not realize this, but people use fan sites for "research" when they write articles. What kind of articles do you think they'll write if all they see is complaints from the band's fans?

That's a total copout. This site has always had posters with an assortment of? views on the band. There has always been all sorts of debates and opinions. It wasn't all supportive and positive. All opinions were always welcome as long as posters didn't attack one another. That has obviously changed.

Why do you claim that people are just trying to ruin someone else's fun? A person who expresses their opinion isn't out to ruin anything for anyone else. They are just expressing their honest views. If someone else can't handle the not so positive views then that is on them - not the person expressing their views.

That is unfortunate that journalists might use this site as a basis for their articles but why should be be censored because someone is too irresponsible to do their jobs properly?

In the past we probably allowed more speculation. Now there's no need to speculate since we can find out the truth.

That is not entirely true. For example, the whole CD situation is still not clear. Merck and Axl said in the past it will be out in 06. Rumors still persist that it will be out in 06, yet as each week passes it looks more and more unlikely that it will be out. So is it coming out this year or not? Management won't clear it up so it leaves us to speculate.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2006, 07:01:15 PM »

In the past we probably allowed more speculation. Now there's no need to speculate since we can find out the truth.

/jarmo

I think most of us understand that you will delete bullshit rumours and that there are certain posters who ruin every thread with the same complaints... but there's more than that going on lately IMO.

The "truth" came about in the form of the Rolling Stone article, the Harley ad, the concerts & the Del James article... all of which we weren't allowed to talk about.  What's the big deal about having one 30 page thread on each of those things instead of 50,000 "WHY WAS MY THREAD DELETED?" threads?  My personal issue with the concert threads was that I had posts deleted just because I mentioned that I was a little upset that people around me were sitting/leaving early... it may have seemed I was trashing the show at a quick glance and so they got deleted.  I certainly wasn't writing anything that "researchers" would use in articles to trash the band.
Hysteron
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2006, 07:09:03 PM »

It's not that people think a fan site should be run a certain way. It's that this site had always been run a certain way until recently. The long time members of this board don't understand the sudden change in attitude, especially when threads and posts are constantly deleted without explanation. It just appears that management are using their affiliation with you to control the image presented on this board since it is the most visible GNR site.
Now there's no need to speculate since we can find out the truth.

Sorry Jarmo, but if we knew anything we wouldn?t be speculating in the first place. We all want to here ?Chinese Democracy?, and until we actually see it we'll continue guessing, and after it comes out it'll be about what?s next, surely when there?s over 7000 registered members here you can't expect any less than at least 60% of them to make stuff up, because the rest of us don't know any better and will just eat it up. A lot of the nonsense people have posted here has turned out to be closer to the truth than what someone like Mysteron has ever posted.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »

My biggest complaint will always be the "We arent owed anything bullshit"

Like I said, If Axl never did the VMA's and the 02 tour..... If he hadnt stated early this spring that CD would be out by the end 0f 06, if he hadnt started this Tour and said it will be out one tuesday before the end of the year, then FINE, he doesnt owe us anything

But to say what he has said, I think that now puts CD in the we are owed it category.

I will state this again. I DONT CARE IF IT COMES OUT IN 06 or not, Im still gonna be here and support the band HOWEVER I can totally 100 percent understand people that do get pissed off and I think its wrong to censor people's frustrations as long as they are doing it in an honest way.

I just get pissed off when some Fuck who joins the board a few months ago and hasnt been here waiting through all we have waited through has the audacity to act like we shouldnt get upset if 06 ends without CD.

This whole "We would be scared to tell Axl to his face"

I wouldnt curse him out. But if he asked my opinion Id tell him anything I have ever said here.

I dont think Axl realizes the ramifications of what he is trying to do.

He is replacing a legendary band and trying to start anew.

That is fine but he has to realize that to win over casual fans who think what he has done is sacreligious, that he is gonna have to do more than play Appetite for Destruction Live.  Cause honestly it makes the new band look like a cover band.

There is no guitar player alive that the majority of fans are gonna accept over Slash. Having the guitarist do nothing but play Slash's material certainly isnt gonna change their opinions.

Only by playing the awesome new songs, will they be able to change fans opinions.

I know the new band is great and I have said on here since day 1 that I believe Chinese Democracy can be better than Appetite.  I just think it is time for Axl to get on with it.

He has already wasted the prime years of his career, I just dont want him to waste anymore of it.

To the MOD Christos.

I dont know if u were implying that I should leave this forum but I think its really hilarious u tryin to act all hard on here.  U keep that attitude, that if u have anything negative to say u can leave bullshit, then there would be about 5 people on here.

U make me laugh tryin to act like I should leave this place.

If u want me to leave we should have a fuckin election on here.

U vs Me

Let the posters decide who stays and who goes.

If I am outvoted, I will delete my account.
If u are outvoted, U resign from being a mod

Got the balls for it?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2006, 08:15:08 PM »

I'm with you on this, D!  ok

U vs Me

Got the balls for it?

Duel, yay!  Cheesy
EFISH
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2006, 08:15:31 PM »

I think Christos would win.
Hysteron
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2006, 08:18:50 PM »

I think Christos would win.

I think Christos would ban.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2006, 08:25:14 PM »

That's a total copout. This site has always had posters with an assortment of  views on the band. There has always been all sorts of debates and opinions. It wasn't all supportive and positive. All opinions were always welcome as long as posters didn't attack one another. That has obviously changed.

Why can't you see that when there's nothing going on, we can understand certain negativity among the fans, but when things are happening, the same people are still whining?

It's obvious some of these fans will never be happy.

Why do you claim that people are just trying to ruin someone else's fun? A person who expresses their opinion isn't out to ruin anything for anyone else. They are just expressing their honest views. If someone else can't handle the not so positive views then that is on them - not the person expressing their views.

Well, we had one poster saying he was at a show that he didn't enjoy it. So he spent the time trying to make some other fan's show miserable.

That's the kind of "fans" we don't want here.

If you have a concert thread with 10 people saying it was an awesome show, and one guy who didn't attend saying it sucked, don't you think it's a pretty pointless post?

Or having people who actually go to the shows complain about how late it started? Or complaining that it sucks because certain members quit the band. If you don't like those things, don't fucking go. Save your money.

That is unfortunate that journalists might use this site as a basis for their articles but why should be be censored because someone is too irresponsible to do their jobs properly?

It's not just that.

It's also the fact that fans read things on boards and it gets spread around the Internet until somebody actually thinks it's the truth.

It's like the leaks, we can't stop them, but we can make sure this place isn't helping them being spread by allowing links to them.

That is not entirely true. For example, the whole CD situation is still not clear. Merck and Axl said in the past it will be out in 06. Rumors still persist that it will be out in 06, yet as each week passes it looks more and more unlikely that it will be out. So is it coming out this year or not? Management won't clear it up so it leaves us to speculate.

Until we're told otherwise, the plan is still 2006.

Wait and see. What's there to speculate about?

Does every single little detail have to be overanalyzed?

Sometimes I wonder if we have a board full of lawyers, some days I think we have a board full of marketing people etc.

Funny how many people here are experts at law, marketing, concert promotion and various other jobs associated with the music business.

I'm a huge fan. Come play in my home town so I can trash your equipment.

You owe me!

Sign a guitar and send it to me so I can sell it on Ebay. I think you owe me that too!  Roll Eyes

I went to Portland, ME and had a show cancelled. Do I feel like the band owes me?

Fuck no.

U vs Me

Got the balls for it?

What a fucking joke.

You're the guy who invited a bunch of Bon Jovi fans to come here to vote for your dear Jon.

You have no say in who gets to be a mod and who doesn't.

You know, simply because we don't vote for mods. If we did, you might be one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
conny
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »

Well, I don't don't expect a personal "thank you for being a GN'R fan and coming to HTGTH" letter from anyone. But I have not come to this place for years to now be told to shut up and not talk about the fucking lead guitar player in Guns n' Roses unless it's positive feedback.

I do not accept that everyone who has something negative to say about going on late, playing the same songs over and over again or Ron / Robin being sloppy guitar players is bashed as "Slash lover", "living in the past" or to be forming his opinion on setlists and fucking videoclips for fucks sake! That is not the truth and you know it.

Why not just close the "VR" and "Ex Members" section if you don't need any Slash or Buckethead fans around here, but don't treat these people with the same arrogance you accuse them for.

Close the sections, make new rules. Or else just live with negative comments and show some respect for the opposition as long as they show respect and don't insult anyone. Negative feedback alone is not an insult! Oh wait, maybe you don't need to close these "living in the past" sections because IZZY IS PLAYING SHOWS WITH GUNS!!! And that's great!

So what if Axl decides to give Bumble the foot and build Buckethead a chicken coop with a Michael Jackson action figure on stage? You gonna turn around like a flag in the wind then and shut everyone up who says Bumblefoot is the best guitar player Guns ever had?

I respect Jarmo for all the work he put into this, but just because he is running the board doesn't mean all his decisions are always right and should not be questioned or criticised. Yeah I know, if I don't like it there is the door. But you need to realise that in the end, the hypocracy will turn what once was the best fan board into a fucking joke.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2006, 09:48:12 PM »

The sections are there so that the Slash fans can keep their discussions in that section. Same goes for Buckethead.

We don't deny the contributions of the past members.

It's 2006, those guys aren't in the band anymore. So keep the discussions about your love for them in the above mentioned sections.

I do not accept that everyone who has something negative to say about going on late, playing the same songs over and over again or Ron / Robin being sloppy guitar players is bashed as "Slash lover", "living in the past" or to be forming his opinion on setlists and fucking videoclips for fucks sake! That is not the truth and you know it.

Well, too bad. But it's fucking boring as hell to have to deal with pages and pages of whining from people who weren't at the shows.

You can disagree with what I do, and you have for a long time, but the truth is, I do what I feel is right. It's always been like that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
conny
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »

What a fuckin' waste of time.

Hysteron
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2006, 10:12:03 PM »

Is there a moral to this story, cause I think that was pointless.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2006, 10:15:44 PM »

Is there a moral to this story, cause I think that was pointless.

Yea the moral is that he can go feel "cool" on another forum now claiming the mods drove him out Roll Eyes

BUH BYE, I say! Grin
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »

We didn't delete or lock this thread.

I tried explaining to him, and yet it's a waste of his time because I wouldn't do what he wants me to.

Oh yeah...

/jarmo

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2006, 11:13:21 PM »

i hate it when a good website gose "pc" and starts deleting shit, first Blabbermouth now heretodaygonetohell tomarow the world THIS SUCKS. I came here because Blabbermouth banned me for telling it like it is so i say fuck them thats why i came here and i like it but i hope that we don't get censored here like you do when your at Blabbermouth.

PS.
dose any one know what i'm talking about with the whole being censored thing at Blabbermouth?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2006, 11:19:31 PM »

i hate it when a good website gose "pc" and starts deleting shit, first Blabbermouth now heretodaygonetohell tomarow the world THIS SUCKS. I came here because Blabbermouth banned me for telling it like it is so i say fuck them thats why i came here and i like it but i hope that we don't get censored here like you do when your at Blabbermouth.

PS.
dose any one know what i'm talking about with the whole being censored thing at Blabbermouth?

When I got the pleasure of meeting Jarmo for a few seconds at the New Jersey show, I asked him how it felt to have such a big board, and to have it run for 10 years. He said it was really cool, but he didn't feel like he really "made it big" yet because no one had ever compared his site to Blabbermouth.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2006, 12:47:28 AM »

PS.

When I got the pleasure of meeting Jarmo for a few seconds at the New Jersey show, I asked him how it felt to have such a big board, and to have it run for 10 years. He said it was really cool, but he didn't feel like he really "made it big" yet because no one had ever compared his site to Blabbermouth.

rofl

I find it hard to believe something called "Blabbermouth" censors anyone hihi

I never go there so I don't know, I'm just sayin....
Edward Rose
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2006, 02:27:28 AM »

I for one, am glad to have this bb as a "Sanctuary" of sorts. And I feel sorry for Jarmo. I just clicked his most recent posts and it seems like he spent all day defending himself and his board. I hope you enjoyed your vacation! Smiley

By the way, is your real name Jarmo or is that an internet name? I came back from MSG and found out that you were the one I talked to allot that evening... but I don't remember you saying your name was Jarmo. (Or maybe I forgot to ask?  Undecided ) Anyway... it was nice meeting you, and thanks for the well-moderated bb.

Edward ("Chip")
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2006, 03:38:52 AM »

To the MOD Christos.

I dont know if u were implying that I should leave this forum but I think its really hilarious u tryin to act all hard on here.  U keep that attitude, that if u have anything negative to say u can leave bullshit, then there would be about 5 people on here.

U make me laugh tryin to act like I should leave this place.

U vs Me

Got the balls for it?

You think I care THAT much about you?

I don't give a fuck if you leave or if you stay.

You're THAT important to me.

Oh, and you don't need balls for a "fuckin" election..

All you need is 2 stupid people. And I'm not a candidate...  ok

Wow.... Deja vu...

I hope you won't register AGAIN to delete your account AGAIN...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: