Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HMV Canada says Dec 19th
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HMV Canada says Dec 19th  (Read 39593 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2006, 10:39:55 PM »

i walked into best buy today and a rep from universal was there.? he said aliens came down on the universal building and crushed it, hence the delay.? he said that the album sounds amazing and that axl want to promote by going on talk shows.? he said the promotion will start next friday.? he said the band is really excited, but the aliens destroyed six of the songs, so the album will only have 5 songs on it.? He also said people on message boards should stop asking music stores about CD and stop posting these stupid "so i walked into my local music and store and was told...." he said to just fuckin wait, and when it comes it will come.

so axls gonna be on oprah??
guns_n_motley
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »

i walked into best buy today and a rep from universal was there. he said aliens came down on the universal building and crushed it, hence the delay. he said that the album sounds amazing and that axl want to promote by going on talk shows. he said the promotion will start next friday. he said the band is really excited, but the aliens destroyed six of the songs, so the album will only have 5 songs on it. He also said people on message boards should stop asking music stores about CD and stop posting these stupid "so i walked into my local music and store and was told...." he said to just fuckin wait, and when it comes it will come.

people like you make people like me lose credibility.? shame on you.? rant

I have to say, you had me going for the first sentence or so...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2006, 10:40:46 PM »

One has to look through users posting histories to figure out who knows something, and who doesn't.  There are plenty of people here that work in the industry, or a related industry, that have some nuggets of insight from time to time.   ok
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2006, 10:41:06 PM »

ho hum, more rumors, more waiting, no one knows anything. What else is new?
ben9785
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2006, 10:42:50 PM »

One has to look through users posting histories to figure out who knows something, and who doesn't.  There are plenty of people here that work in the industry, or a related industry, that have some nuggets of insight from time to time.   ok
Hey I know that bud, I was just observing that for the most part, people's "rumours" are a little bit more researched and creative. Fuck, what gratification do people get spreading rumours about the album? Aren't they just as eager to get the final album as the rest of us? Why do they have to tease?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2006, 10:43:16 PM »

One has to look through users posting histories to figure out who knows something, and who doesn't.? There are plenty of people here that work in the industry, or a related industry, that have some nuggets of insight from time to time.? ?ok

yep, and the guy who posted this thread has been here a long time, and has worked in HMV for awhile... I trust what hes saying hihi

not to mention Andrew from melodicrock.com is VERY RELIABLE.. I email him every once in awhile..nice guy... may have given me some more info Cough* Cough*
ben9785
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2006, 10:44:22 PM »

yep, and the guy who posted this thread has been here a long time, and has worked in HMV for awhile... I trust what hes saying hihi

not to mention Andrew from melodicrock.com is VERY RELIABLE.. I email him every once in awhile..nice guy... may have given me some more info Cough* Cough*

more info?
bud please.. if there's anything more you can share..
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2006, 10:44:43 PM »

lol,

No matter what fucking record store you go to there must always be a Universal rep in there, no wonder why Chinese Democracy can't get a release date, no one at Universal works, they just go to fucking record stores all day. peace
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »

I was at Virgin the other day and inquired about CD. ?The dude behind me was wearing a really nice suit, looked very white-collar. ?Well, anyway, he heard me asking about CD and seemed excited. ?He told me that he worked at Universal and everyone was worrying about how the record would do. ?He said that he was glad to see some interest in the album, even without any promotion. ?He said that Universal was fighting with Axl; Axl wanted to release the album sans promotion but Universal wouldn't budge. ?As he said before, Universal was afraid no one would give two shits about CD without promotion. ?He said that Axl didn't care about its "success" and only wanted to release it by 2006 and keep his promise. ?However, the guy said to expect CD spring '07 (my heart sank) with heavy promotion, with Better released as the first single and the music video filled with highlights of the American Tour. ?Don't shoot the messenger ?peace ? I believe him, but he could have just as easily been a very creative asshole who can shoot the bull really well.

Okay, here we have some more "unoriginal/unimagineative" bullshit.

Who's next?

Can we get an acutal writer on here to make something creative at least??

how'd i do?
Z
« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2006, 10:47:31 PM »

Thank god for the continued delay and lack of information pertaining to a release date because if we had a release date by now we would not be blessed with these "i was in a record store today" stories.

I'll add mine:

Last Tuesday I was in Circuit City looking to see if CD would just appear.....but it didn't, so I bought Army of Anyone's debut.

And then, just this past Tuesday I went to Cicuit City to buy the new Beatles cd and for shits and giggles looked in the new release section and the G section for CD. ?Nope, not there.

And next Tuesday I'm going to Circuit City to buy the Donnie Darko soundtrack for that song "Mad World" which is on the "Gears of War" video game commercial. ?And, I'll look for CD too. ?And maybe I'll look around for some nice dressed business looking type that might just happen to be roaming the music section at the same time I am so he or she can tell me what Merck and Axl are not bothering to.

I should probably log off now. ?Good night.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2006, 10:49:03 PM »

Thank god for the continued delay and lack of information pertaining to a release date because if we had a release date by now we would not be blessed with these "i was in a record store today" stories.

I'll add mine:

Last Tuesday I was in Circuit City looking to see if CD would just appear.....but it didn't, so I bought Army of Anyone's debut.

And then, just this past Tuesday I went to Cicuit City to buy the new Beatles cd and for shits and giggles looked in the new release section and the G section for CD. ?Nope, not there.

And next Tuesday I'm going to Circuit City to buy the Donnie Darko soundtrack for that song "Mad World" which is on the "Gears of War" video game commercial. ?And, I'll look for CD too. ?And maybe I'll look around for some nice dressed business looking type that might just happen to be roaming the music section at the same time I am so he or she can tell me what Merck and Axl are not bothering to.

I should probably log off now. ?Good night.

mine was better
hahah
guns_n_motley
« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2006, 10:49:57 PM »

a poster at CD.com who works at hmv says hell get his information for December 19 next wednesday... so then definitely well see if this rumor holds..
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2006, 10:51:13 PM »

ho hum, more rumors, more waiting, no one knows anything. What else is new?

That should be the last post in this thread...says it all. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2006, 10:58:20 PM »

I went into my local Music World today and asked when the album would be out and the manager said "SOOOOOOON" peace

jk

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2006, 11:35:21 PM »

Oh dear god please let this be true! Shocked

lets all get on our knees and pray and cross our fingers and hold our breath..........well....maybe not that one but maybe this is it. I can't wait. Grin

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2006, 11:40:11 PM »

I'm a proud Canadian and I don't trust HMV.
I'm a frequent visitor to melodicrock and I don't trust them.
However , I would be interested in Jarmo's thoughts on the subject.......?

!go Jets go!
ben9785
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2006, 11:48:02 PM »

I'm a proud Canadian and I don't trust HMV.
I'm a frequent visitor to melodicrock and I don't trust them.
However , I would be interested in Jarmo's thoughts on the subject.......?
I don't think Jarmo would tell us anything, even if he knew.
I don't expect he would know alot, but he would probably know something we don't, but he wouldn't say because understandably he wouldn't want to jeopardise his alliance with GNR management
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2006, 12:08:46 AM »

It also has NOTHING to do with Best Buy. Smiley

I'm not saying I believe him, but remember, Universal could have decided the date yesterday... Gn'R management also getting the date. So it's possible that this dude just happened to see the first Universal rep with an updated sheet, and we might get an official date from Gn'R management soon.

Remember, some of you are the exact people who said, "When the date is decided... surely it will leak." Well then, this COULD be the leak. (stressing "could") Because this is exactly how it would happen. And it wouldn't mean that Merck/Universal is "holding back" announcing the date. It really could just be a fluke that this guy saw a Universal rep with an updated sheet right before the date was about to become official.

So one of the main problems in this thread is that people are calling stores that might have old split sheets because their particular Universal rep hasn't come in recently... or is smoking crack, or whatever. MOST IMPORTANT FOR CONFIRMING

I mentioned Best Buy earlier, only because if labels act strategically and want their stuff buyable for Christmas (with consideration of the massive amount of internet sales) then Dec. 19th is an important date. 

And, yes, this guy COULD be that sudden leak that happens to be true.  Like I said, a leak WOULD happen...doesn't mean he isn't it!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2006, 12:20:09 AM »

Just got word that impoverished people in India are currently pressing 1 million copies of the cd for $1.00 American a hour and the factory where they are doing the pressing is surrounded by an army hired by Universal to make sure the Cd doesn't leak.
$1 an hour? No wonder cds are so expensive. And no wonder it's taking so fucking long  hihi
What you're telling us is that if we paid these people half-a-cent per unit, we'd have CD by now?!
Karma_Police
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2006, 01:41:41 AM »

Good thing I've booked December 19th off work. I'm gonna camp out on the 18th so I can be first in line to buy it. smoking
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: