Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:49:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 116208 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« on: January 04, 2004, 03:22:29 PM »

I wanted to know how people here feel about Oasis?  Oasis is easily my 2nd favorite band.  I've seen them live a few times and they fucking rock.  Anyone who has listened to their albums or read the lyrics know how talented Noel is.  Noel even said in an interview a few years ago that "Guns N' Roses is the best band I have seen live and Buckethead is god."  One of the biggest reasons I like Oasis is because they are "real".  They've been through some shit and it shows in their music. smoking smoking  

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 04:34:18 PM »

I wanted to know how people here feel about Oasis?  Oasis is easily my 2nd favorite band.  I've seen them live a few times and they fucking rock.  Anyone who has listened to their albums or read the lyrics know how talented Noel is.  Noel even said in an interview a few years ago that "Guns N' Roses is the best band I have seen live and Buckethead is god."  One of the biggest reasons I like Oasis is because they are "real".  They've been through some shit and it shows in their music. smoking smoking  

I love Oasis, they are one of the most talented groups around. I hate most British 'indy' music but Oasis are something else.

Their first 2 albums 'Definetly maybe' and 'Whats the story morning glory' are just amazing....they play like greatest hits albums all killer no filler

I own all their albums and for consistant quality maybe only GNR could beat them.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 04:37:25 PM »

Are you sure he said that? Because I saw him once saying that he didnt believe much in GNR without Slash
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 07:50:58 PM »

Are you sure he said that? Because I saw him once saying that he didnt believe much in GNR without Slash

MTV: Did you have time to see other shows? What is your opinion?

Noel Gallagher: I saw Guns N' Roses. I think Guns N' Roses... is one of the best shows that I've seen because it was so rare. It was very rare, but I think that's the best show I've seen on this trip to South America, the best has been Buckethead (one of the new members of the band, Beck liked him too). He's a guy so talented, a wonderful guitarist. But he had a bucket on his head. He has became now my new god.

Found this on a site, but the original piece should be somewhere on MTV's pages.

-PEACE-

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 09:57:07 PM »

Oasis are cool because they're one of the few remaining bands with true, swaggering rock 'n' roll spirit.  Although they've ripped off a lot of bands, they still always add zest to their steals (except when they're too clearly ripped off, like "Cigarettes and Alcohol").  And I personally think that the singles from Heathen Chemistry were their best since What's The Story (Morning Glory)?.  It's too bad they're not popular here in North America anymore.  "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" would be a good slow dance song at school.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 03:54:39 AM »

definetely great band. great own songs...but they have lousy stage act.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 05:19:23 AM »

Oasis are cool because they're one of the few remaining bands with true, swaggering rock 'n' roll spirit.

What rock n' roll spirit?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 09:19:40 AM »

Im a fan...

Oasis are cool because they're one of the few remaining bands with true, swaggering rock 'n' roll spirit.  

Yes.  

What rock n' roll spirit?

That arrogant, brash, arrogant, "fuck-you" attitude that is kind of missing in mainstream rock right now.  They also happen to make great music, even if some of it is "ripped-off" as Mattman said.  

Balls, basically.

Im not on the Linkin Park-hate bandwagon because I respect anyone whos successful even if I dont care for their music much, but as the worlds biggest rock act at the moment, they kind of represent much of the rock scene.  They make loud, often angry music that appeals to young people, but they have none of the nerve or attitude that a band like Oasis has.  Theres some bands that have glimpses of it, such as The Strokes, but I think its sorely missed right now.  Id love to see Oasis return to prominence in North America.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2004, 10:27:22 AM »

That arrogant, brash, arrogant, "fuck-you" attitude that is kind of missing in mainstream rock right now.  They also happen to make great music, even if some of it is "ripped-off" as Mattman said.  

Hold on. Didn't Liam also stop touring outside the UK? I don't think standing with your hands behind your back, not moving an inch during a whole set, except to slap a tamberine (a tamberine for fuck sake!) is very rock n' roll.

To me, they're a shite indie band. But anyway, if you want some real Manchester rock n' roll, go see Dog Toffee.

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2004, 12:14:21 PM »

Hold on. Didn't Liam also stop touring outside the UK? I don't think standing with your hands behind your back, not moving an inch during a whole set, except to slap a tamberine (a tamberine for fuck sake!) is very rock n' roll.

To me, they're a shite indie band. But anyway, if you want some real Manchester rock n' roll, go see Dog Toffee.

I think Oasis is a very good examble of a band which is quite a lousy on stage but having still the right rock attitude. And in oasis case, they seem to have it. It's that strong that even poor stage act don't take it away.

of course it helps to give rock credibility with the bad reputation that they have..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 12:15:24 PM by John Daniels » Logged
The Michelin-Man
Headliner

Appetite For Destruction = BEST RECORD EVER!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2004, 01:20:57 PM »

i own every record of oasis! they're great! i hope they tour with gn'r next summer! that would be completely awesome... but liam and axl together... hmmmm... two difficult persons! rant

didn't liam say something about gn'r on rock in rio in 2001?

Guns N' Roses / Velvet Revolver / Adler's Appetite
Lionel Hutz
Attorney-at-law
VIP

In loving memory of Phil Hartman

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 12:58:38 PM »

Noel managed to write a lot of good songs for the first two albums. Everything after that is extremely bland and boring though Sad
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2004, 01:25:52 PM »

Oasis is one of the best rock acts today. Specially the first three albums. Yeah, they ripped off the Beatles but at least they do constantly admit so. They are honest.

As for Liam standing behind the mic, he does so, but that is part of his stage performance, others rather sprint around until they run out fo breath and others rather put their hands back and stand still. He is a great frontman.

Noel, he is a great song writer. Funny, but in all my favorite Oasis songs Noel sings instead of Liam; Magic Pie, Don't look back in Anger, Half the world away ( a song from the Masterplan, if you guys have never never heard it, I recommend you download it now)

Also, why is it so hard for any british band to really make it big in the US? Oasis is the best band that has come from the UK in the last 10 years and is yet to explode in America. I wonder why....

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2004, 06:44:36 PM »

is the best band that has come from the UK in the last 10 years and is yet to explode in America. I wonder why....

Huh?

They were one of, if not the biggest band in 1996.  They were huge - "Wonderwall" and "Champagne Supernova" were huge hits.  I would definitely say they exploded in America at that time.
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2004, 07:03:24 PM »

Oasis has been the biggest Rock band since Guns n' Roses. I remember in 1996/1997 and even 1998, they were HUGE in europe  Shocked Everybody talked about them, they really drove people crazy. They were THE Rockstars. Every single went on Number 1....One of the 2 or 3  biggest band  I've ever seen in my life.
"What's the story Morning Glory" sold over 18 million copies worldwide, and something like 14 or 15 million just in Europe!  Morning Glory in Europe was as huge as Appetite in the U.S. They just kicked everybody's ass. They were the number 1. simply the Number 1.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 07:07:28 PM by rocktar81 » Logged
raoxsle
Banned
Rocker

Raoxsle is dead. You may call me....The Joker.

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 08:01:19 PM »

If anyone can hold a candle to Axl as far as beligerent behavior goes, it's the Gallagher brothers...

And yeah, I like some of their music.

"There's no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.&am
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2004, 10:14:43 PM »

is the best band that has come from the UK in the last 10 years and is yet to explode in America. I wonder why....

Huh?

They were one of, if not the biggest band in 1996.  They were huge - "Wonderwall" and "Champagne Supernova" were huge hits.  I would definitely say they exploded in America at that time.

I was in America at the time as well. Oasis did break through but didn't explode. Wonderwall was a hit, but didn't make the band huge. Kinda like the Cramberries with Zombie in 93, the song became a hit but the band didn't make it as a whole. Oasis has never made it as big in the States as it has elsewhere.

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 12:31:34 PM »

Ive just started to get into these guys. (Whats The Story) Morining Glory? is a great album. Morning Glory and  Some Might Say are the best songs in my opinion along with Hello.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 12:32:46 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 02:59:34 PM »

Theyre a great band.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 03:14:13 PM »

Theyre a great band.

I agree. Oasis have been one of my favorite bands for quite awhile and I cant wait for them to put out the folllow up to Heathen Chemistry when there time off is over next year.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: