Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:03:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 116389 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2004, 04:02:46 PM »

I was listening to (What's The Story) Morning Glory? today and found myself newly appreciative of just how great a band Oasis were, even if they weren't the most original band out there.  One of the few real rock 'n' roll bands left.  I was wondering if anybody knows when their new album is supposed to come out.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2004, 04:09:10 PM »

No one knows for sure when it will be out. I think it likely won't be out until late spring or early summer at the earliest.  Noel has made an end of May cut off date for recording. It may be finished before then but I doubt it will be finished by the end of this year.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2004, 04:14:06 PM »

Oasis were one of the best bands of the 90's,but then they kinda ran out of inspiration. Hopefully,it will come back to them.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2004, 04:31:38 PM »

Oasis were one of the best bands of the 90's,but then they kinda ran out of inspiration. Hopefully,it will come back to them.

People always say that, but personally I thought Heathen Chemistry was a real return to form for them.  I mean, "Hindu Times" and "Little By Little" are great songs.  "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" is the band's best ballad yet (not counting Wonderwall), and "Songbird" is probably my favourite Oasis song ever.  People have to stop thinking the band's glory days are behind them and start listening to the great new songs they're putting out.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2004, 04:58:53 PM »

I love Oasis, some of the new stuff is really good!  yes

Can't wait for the new album! Should be good.

They're not the most original band ever, you're right. People credit them with starting Britpop but that was clearly the Stone Roses

That's a hatrick for Doull
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2004, 06:10:25 PM »

Curious, i was about to start an Oasis thread when i found one already here, started today nervous

I have just 'upgraded' my copies and got the real things, a band like Oasis are too good to just have CD-R's

They are without doubt one of the finest bands ever, and while people knock Heathen Chemistry i love it, Oasis have been consistently brillaint

They are so much better than any other British band around - i despise Brit pop and whole 'Indy' thing but Oasis are too good to be labelled as either

The big debate though Deffinetly maybe or What's the story (Morning Glory)?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2004, 06:33:18 PM »

I think Heathen Chemistry is great too.... Little By Little is easily my favourite Oasis song, and there were a whole handful of other really good songs on that CD.  I still listen to it pretty often suprisingly.

Definetaly Maybe or Morning Glory??

I would have to say Morning Glory, I never got into Definetaly Maybe as much as Morning Glory.  Both are great though.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2004, 06:36:30 PM »

"Wonderwall" has always been my favorite song by them. There's something very beautiful about that song to me.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2004, 09:02:17 PM »

I think Oasis sound the same every song. I never understood exactly what a Wonderwall is either, so i never got into it. If Liam would change around the vocal melodies say maybe 2 songs per album, they would have more credability- at least in the US anyway.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2004, 09:57:28 PM »

I think Oasis sound the same every song. I never understood exactly what a Wonderwall is either, so i never got into it. If Liam would change around the vocal melodies say maybe 2 songs per album, they would have more credability- at least in the US anyway.

Well, you know that Oasis are huge Beatles fans.  Apparently, sometime in the 60s George Harrison did the soundtrack for a movie called Wonderwall (coincidentally, one of his solo albums has a song called "Be Here Now").

But I wouldn't put too much thought into it.  Oasis lyrics aren't known for holding a whole lot of meaning: exactly what does "slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannon ball" mean anyway?
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2004, 10:16:16 PM »

I like Oasis a lot and I think Liam and Noel are both great singers.  Even though they catch a lot of grief over their vocals i think they're excellently done.  I wasn't aware of a new album sooo...cool.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2004, 12:19:52 AM »

I saw em' i think around 97 or something n' they fucking sucked. I mean, they played alright but only for 1 hour n' no bloody encore at all.

that singer's the biggest cock head on the planet!!!!!
Musics good thou.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2004, 10:49:24 AM »

But I wouldn't put too much thought into it.? Oasis lyrics aren't known for holding a whole lot of meaning: exactly what does "slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannon ball" mean anyway?

Bah Champagne Supernova is about being drunk - very very drunk, the lyric is a reference to stumbling along and lurching as you go - its genuis really!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2004, 11:15:38 AM »

Oasis is a great band.  My second favorite band.  All of the albums are great, but some of the b-sides that never made the albums are just as good and many times better.  Check out the Masterplan which is all b-sides and check out these b-sides not included on the Masterplan:  Take me away, Shout it out loud, Lets all make believe, Thank you for the Good times.  Theres many more.  Oasis live are also worth checking out.  It doesn't get much better then Noel performing solo with just an acoustic guitar.  Don't go Away and Slide Away live, w/ Noel on guitar and vocals are some of the best performances ever.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2004, 12:58:52 PM »

True, their lyrics aren't the most meaningful ever but some are superb.

oh and Izzy, what is it you don't like about 'Britpop' and who in particular do you dislike?

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2004, 01:40:26 PM »

oh and Izzy, what is it you don't like about 'Britpop' and who in particular do you dislike?

So fuckin' bland!

I hate the way its all produced and the sound just merges together, can't tell one damn instrument from another

Its as if the emotion in the song was chemically removed - rubbish like Coldplay. Radiohead, Snow Patrol, so boring!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2004, 02:50:43 PM »

I've been an Oasis diehard for about a decade now, however I sadly must agree that they have ran out of inspiration. I think Noel is totally lost as a songwriter and hasn't had the same fire and passion since they made it huge in 95-96. I don't think they have released any bad albums but I don't think the last 3 albums have lived up to fans' expectations or the band's potential.

They are having such a hard time with this new album and it's because Noel is lost. I think he realizes he hasn't lived up to his potential but doesn't know what direction he should go. He hasn't written many  songs while Liam has banged out a ton of songs. This will likely be the first album to feature hardly any Noel songs although I think his pride is desperately trying to prevent that. Personally, I rather hear an album influenced more by Liam and the other members because I have more faith in them at this point in time.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2004, 05:30:40 PM »

They are having such a hard time with this new album and it's because Noel is lost.

And ur eveidence of this? Or did u just make it up?

According to the band things are going great and bearing in mind its just 2 years since their last album i'm just impressed they can keep such a pace up.

Oasis's latest stuff has bene great, people just raise the bar to high.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2004, 05:37:44 PM »

So fuckin' bland!

I hate the way its all produced and the sound just merges together, can't tell one damn instrument from another

Its as if the emotion in the song was chemically removed - rubbish like Coldplay. Radiohead, Snow Patrol, so boring!

Yea, I'll go along with that!

The older stuff is ok though, stuff like The LA's and Happy Mondays, ok, not great.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2004, 06:10:09 PM »

They are having such a hard time with this new album and it's because Noel is lost.

And ur eveidence of this? Or did u just make it up?

According to the band things are going great and bearing in mind its just 2 years since their last album i'm just impressed they can keep such a pace up.

Oasis's latest stuff has bene great, people just raise the bar to high.

They've already had to scrap what they were recording twice. The first sessions they did with the guys that did Scorpion Rising (I can't think of their name at the moment), were scrapped then they decided to scrap another session after Glastonbury. I'll try and find the articles where I got this information.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: