Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:43:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 116420 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2004, 06:40:02 PM »

Here are some examples of what I was talking about. I started with the most recent quotes. There are tons more going back months but you should get the idea with these.

However, the band are now back in the studio with producer Dave Sardy, where they started recording from scratch.

Noel said: "We're working with Dave Sardy who done The Thrills? album. We sent him a few tracks of this cobbled together stuff to mix and he sent them back and it didn't sound right so we said ?Why don't you come over and we'll start again??, so we've completely started from scratch bar one song that has been finished for the last, I don't know, ten years."

Two new songs played at Glastonbury, titled ?A Bell Will Ring?, and ?The Meaning Of Soul?, are slated to appear on the album. Speaking recently to NME, Noel said a new song ?The Importance Of Being Idle?, is one of his current favourites.

He told NME: "One of the songs on there ?The Importance Of Being Idle? is one of the best tunes I have ever written. It is The Kinks meets The La's. It is blinding. We?ve written 66 songs, the majority of which I can?t believe our kid?s done. I?ve only written 14 of them. He?s done most of the rest of them."

Oasis? new single is likely to be released in February, with the album to follow. An anniversary DVD of ?Definitely Maybe? is out now.

source: NME.com

He said: "May 26. We?ve got a release date now, which is why it?s been meandering for a bit because we?ve not had a date to work to because we?re extremely successful. So they just say ?Alright, finish when you finish? ? but it?s kind of been rambling on and not working too hard on it but now we have to have it finished by May 26."

Following their critically-mauled headline show at Glastonbury, Oasis scrapped sessions intended for the follow-up to ?Heathen Chemistry?, which included a period recording with Death In Vegas
source NME.com

OASIS will fly to a Los Angeles recording studio in two weeks to get back to work on their sixth album. It will now be released in March ? six months after it was originally due to go on sale.

NOEL GALLAGHER said: ?We have got four tracks down but there is still another six or seven to do. ?We?ve spent almost a year recording but we haven?t got the sound right ? but the songs are good.?

source: SUN

Rockers Oasis are in danger of never releasing another album - because they've lost their creative spark.

The Wonderwall band, fronted by guitarist Noel Gallagher and his singer brother Liam, have admitted to suffering a series of setbacks in the recording of the follow-up to 2002's Heathen Chemistry.

Earlier this month, Noel wrote a letter to British music magazine NME in which he confirmed Oasis had ditched a load of material they "didn't like" and that recent studio sessions have been "frustrating and fruitless".

But an insider tells UK newspaper the Daily Star: "Being in the studio with them, the chemistry between Noel and Liam just isn't what it was.

"They still have tensions and arguments, but it doesn't seem to gel into the music how it used to.

"I really can't see where this next album is going to come from. Everything they've done over the last year has been scrapped."

source: IOL.IE

Oasis puzzle over sixth album

Fans fear Oasis will never make another record together after the projected release of their sixth album continues to drag on.

The release of the follow-up to Heathen Chemistry has already been put back a number of times and they have now gone back to the drawing board again. It is all a stark contrast to their triumphant gig at Glastonbury last month.

The project has certainly had its difficulties - Oasis stopped working with Death in Vegas for the album back in March. It seems they abandoned the tracks they recorded together because they were not sounding up to scratch.

source: ITV
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 06:41:46 PM by Acquiesce » Logged
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2004, 07:01:43 PM »

I've been an Oasis diehard for about a decade now, however I sadly must agree that they have ran out of inspiration. I think Noel is totally lost as a songwriter and hasn't had the same fire and passion since they made it huge in 95-96. I don't think they have released any bad albums but I don't think the last 3 albums have lived up to fans' expectations or the band's potential.

They are having such a hard time with this new album and it's because Noel is lost. I think he realizes he hasn't lived up to his potential but doesn't know what direction he should go. He hasn't written many? songs while Liam has banged out a ton of songs. This will likely be the first album to feature hardly any Noel songs although I think his pride is desperately trying to prevent that. Personally, I rather hear an album influenced more by Liam and the other members because I have more faith in them at this point in time.

Actually, if you're expecting an album written by Liam, according to Noel that's not going to happen this time:

Noel Gallagher is refusing to allow any of his brother Liam's songs to appear on the next Oasis album.

Earlier this summer, the group scrapped some tracks following a disappointing performance at Britain's Glastonbury Music Festival, and
now Noel is taking extra care over the disc.

He says: "Liam's written quite a lot, it's a pity they are not going to make it. Some of them are really good, but he's going to have to do a solo tour because I'm not doing a triple album."

I got this from Live4ever.us.

I'm probably one of the few here that don't think Noel has lost it at all.  Of course the last albums haven't been up to par with Definitely Maybe, Whats the story... and even Be here Now.  But look at the last two albums.  They have many great songs on them.  Go Let it Out, Gas Panic, Stop Crying your heart out, Little by little, Hindu Times, You've got the heart of a star (b-side) and Thank you for the good times.  Noel wrote all those songs.  Liams shining moment is probably Songbird, which is a great song, but lets face it, the song writing should be left up to Noel.  I think we should be expecting one of their best albums next year.  Or we should be hoping for it anyway. smoking smoking

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2004, 07:06:07 PM »

Oasis...what a great band.

There are so many things to say about this band. I'll just point out they brought the excitement back to mainstream rock in the mid 90's. That's unquestionable.

Musically, I would never understand how their first album was that good when musicians tend to get better with time, not the other way around. Their last two albums not only lack the passion and desire ( as some poster already pointed out) but quality as well. Quality in the melodies, riffs, how the instruments are put together, vocals....when I listen to Defintiely Maybe I find hard to believe it was written in two weeks. Every element just falls into place. It's such a great album.

Heathen Chemistry dissapointed me. It's not as bad as Standing on the shoulder of Giants but not as good as I anticipated. They tried so hard to sound different from the other records, they lost their indentity.  Not only the Beatles sound is present, but the Stone Roses and the Stooges as well. It just doesn't have the flow the other records have. It's an uncomfortable listen. See, the more songs Liam gets involved in as a composer, the worse Oasis album will result. Songbird is just dead awful ( not as bad as Little James though) so is Born on a different cloud

I just hope Noel takes back the writing duties soon. I can't see Liam playing the guitar either. He is a great frontman, but please no guitar.

My fav Oasis change from day to day, but right now Be here Now "Magic Pie" is played the most in my MP3.

Other B-sides & unreleased tracks worth listening are " Rocking Chair"," Half the World Away", "Talk Tonight" and a cover of "C'mon and Feel the Noise"
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2004, 07:10:28 PM »

Actually, if you're expecting an album written by Liam, according to Noel that's not going to happen this time:

Noel Gallagher is refusing to allow any of his brother Liam's songs to appear on the next Oasis album.

Thanx God...
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2004, 07:21:01 PM »

Their first two albums were 'fuckin crackin'. Then they tailed off abit, and since then they have had a few good songs, but nothing superb as before.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2004, 07:27:26 PM »

See, the more songs Liam gets involved in as a composer, the worse Oasis album will result. Songbird is just dead awful ( not as bad as Little James though) so is Born on a different cloud

How can you say "Songbird" is a bad song?!  rant

That's personally my favourite Oasis song.  It's so simple, yet so beautiful.  Just a nice little tune about nothing in particular, but it's very happy and Beatles-esque.  I love the melody.  If Liam is still writing stuff of that calibre, they should definitely let him have more songwriting input on the next album.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2004, 07:30:57 PM »

How can you say "Songbird" is a bad song?!? rant

I knew you were gonna jump on me  hihi

Songbird is so simple. And the video is so absurd. Listen to "Magic Pie"and you'll change your mind  yes
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2004, 08:14:38 PM »

Earlier this summer, the group scrapped some tracks following a disappointing performance at Britain's Glastonbury Music Festival, and
now Noel is taking extra care over the disc.

He says: "Liam's written quite a lot, it's a pity they are not going to make it. Some of them are really good, but he's going to have to do a solo tour because I'm not doing a triple album."

I got this from Live4ever.us.

I'm probably one of the few here that don't think Noel has lost it at all.? Of course the last albums haven't been up to par with Definitely Maybe, Whats the story... and even Be here Now.? But look at the last two albums.? They have many great songs on them.? Go Let it Out, Gas Panic, Stop Crying your heart out, Little by little, Hindu Times, You've got the heart of a star (b-side) and Thank you for the good times.? Noel wrote all those songs.? Liams shining moment is probably Songbird, which is a great song, but lets face it, the song writing should be left up to Noel.? I think we should be expecting one of their best albums next year.? Or we should be hoping for it anyway. smoking smoking

That was Noel's sense of humor. Liam's songs will make the album but how many is up in the air. In fact, in one of my quotes it said The Meaning of Soul is making the album which is a Liam tune.  In the summer Noel was saying the album was predominantly written by Liam. Like I said, I think Noel's pride won't let that happen but it's possible.

I agree with you that Noel has written some good tunes, but I don't think he's written many great tunes recently. He has written a lot of average stuff. Another problem is that he isn't a good judge on what should make the studio album and what should be b-sides.  There are quite a few b-sides that deserved to make HC over some of the less than stellar songs on there. Songs like Thank You For the Good Times, You've Got The Heart of a Star, and Shout It Out Loud could have made it over songs like She is Love, A Quick Peep, and All in the Mind.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2004, 12:53:50 PM »

Oasis were only great around the years between their first two albums.  If you like Oasis definately get Masterplan as even tho it's b-sides, it's better than their last 3 proper albums.

I was into Be Here Now and Standing...  breifly, but they're very average.  A few good songs definately, but mostly poor/average.  Heathen Chemistry is completely middle of the road.  Songbird is not a great song, and apparently Noel had to work on it to make it like it is.  Oasis can't go back to their original sound/songs, but they need to make something a lot better than Heathen.  I've been thinking for a while that the need to get a band behind them that's actually technically gifted and can write a bit of decent music.  Noel must be running out of riffs to steal!

I hope they don't stick with The Thrills' producer - they'll end up sounding about as inspiring as dishwater!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2004, 02:50:41 PM »

Be here now is fast becoming my fav Oaiss album - some absolutely stunning tracks here.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2004, 01:43:04 PM »

Be here now is fast becoming my fav Oaiss album - some absolutely stunning tracks here.

I agree.  I would probably say that overall, BE HERE NOW is my favorite Oasis album.  Right from the start its pretty damn good.  D' you Know what I mean, Magic Pie, Stand by Me, Fade in out, Don't go Away, All around the World, My big mouth... all amazing.  I actually think my favorite song on the album is I hope I think I know.  Maybe not the best on the album, but my favorite none the less.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2004, 09:04:22 PM »

Definetly Maybe is a fucking fantastic album.  One of the best of all time, Morning Glory was just too... overblown for me.  Stuff like Rock N' Roll star and Live Forever are timeless.
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2004, 01:14:31 AM »

I agree.? I would probably say that overall, BE HERE NOW is my favorite Oasis album.? Right from the start its pretty damn good.? D' you Know what I mean, Magic Pie, Stand by Me, Fade in out, Don't go Away, All around the World, My big mouth... all amazing.? I actually think my favorite song on the album is I hope I think I know.? Maybe not the best on the album, but my favorite none the less.

I was just going to say how this album gets on my nerves.  While i like all of the songs, they're just too long for me.  Every song on this album just seems to drag on and gets repetitive.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2004, 10:25:04 AM »

Oasis announced some UK tour dates for next summer.

Glasgow Hampden Park (June 29)
Manchester City of Manchester Stadium (July 2)
Milton Keynes National Bowl (9)

They go on sale Nov 6.
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2004, 05:40:57 AM »

Oasis back on top - 250 000 tix sold -- Sunday, November 07, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oasis have been regained their crown as the pre-eminent rock band in Britain after they sold an estimated 250,000 tickets this morning for live shows next summer.

The band have now added a third date at the City Of Manchester Stadium after shows on July 2 and 3 sold out by 11.30am. They will now also play their hometown on June 30.

A spokesperson for the band reported these shows to be amongst the fastest selling ever in the band?s history. "It?s been an incredible morning," she said. "Oasis currency remains sky-high.

The band have also sold out two shows at Milton Keynes Bowl (July 9, 10) and Glasgow?s Hampden Park (June 29). Massive queues have been reported in Glasgow where fans had an opportunity to pick up tickets the old fashioned way rather than online or by phone.

It is unclear if further dates will be added.

source: NME.com

Oasis Ticket and Accommodations Package
[4* hotel, breakfast, ticket , ?139.00 / Est. Euro price: ? 200.16]

FRONT ROW TICKETS HERE !

+++

OASIS have scored a concert hat-trick at the home of their heroes Manchester City after phenomenal demand from fans for tickets.

The rock giants have announced a third home-town concert date at the City of Manchester Stadium after shows on July 2 and 3 next year sold out within two and a half hours on Saturday. They will now also play at the stadium on June 30.

Fans queued at ticket outlets across Britain and jammed telephone hotlines and internet sites to get tickets.

Eight years ago the band played two home-coming shows at the club's Maine Road ground.

The band also sold out shows next summer at Glasgow's Hampden Park and Milton Keynes Bowl - meaning a quarter of a million tickets were sold in just 150 minutes. A second date at Milton Keynes has also been added.

Such huge demand for tickets has confirmed the enduring popularity of the band fronted by Burnage-born Liam and Noel Gallagher.

The band have not released any new material in more than two years and their last Manchester shows were back in the summer of 2002 at Old Trafford cricket ground.

Oasis intend to release a new album and a series of singles next year. The concerts will include a number of star guests.

Oasis play City Of Manchester Stadium on June 30, July 2 and July 3. Tickets cost ?32.50 plus booking fee.

source: Manchesteronline
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2004, 05:49:54 AM »

heres a little secret oasis have sold 7+ million albums in the states.

whos a batter british band than oasis in the US? coldplay? robbie williams? the darkness? hihi please.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2004, 08:25:41 AM »

Oasis is a fantastic band. the biggest success I've ever seen with Guns n' Roses, nirvana and U2 in Rock music over these last 15 years. They wrote wonderfull songs and the MTV Unplugged 1996 is a classic for me.
250.000 tickets sold for their own U.K summer Stadiums tour...it just corresponds to the status of this band. a living legend band.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 08:28:54 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2004, 05:05:51 PM »

I really like Oasis I prefer there early stuff I love dont look back in anger

EEEERRRR Little boy
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2004, 07:36:30 PM »

what can we expect from the new oasis album?!?!?!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2004, 08:53:09 PM »

what can we expect from the new oasis album?!?!?!
maybe some great tunes and a phenmenal success, especially in the U.K.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 08:55:15 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: