Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:53:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 116206 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #560 on: May 26, 2010, 05:52:56 PM »

Yknow its funny you revived this thread as i had Definately Maybe on yesterday, first time in ages. What a classic album.

That's been back in my rotation for a while now, fookin' classic is right. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #561 on: June 15, 2010, 06:45:45 PM »

I listened to 'Standing on the Shoulder of Giants' for the first time in years toady, and Was reminded of what a great album it is (even though it seems to get a bad rap from the press and even from Noel). Yes, there are a couple of weak tracks, and some really slapdash lyrics, but 'where did it all go wrong' and 'sunday morning call' are really touching, 'I can see a liar' and 'go let it out' are fun, and 'gas panic' is just greatness. I really like the way that the little psychedlic production touches give the album a consistent atmostphere.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #562 on: June 15, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »

ive always really liked SOTSOG

Fuck the critics, its a great album.

Noel hates Be Here Now also, which i also love.

TBH for me, Oasis started putting out bad material after Heathen Chemistry.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #563 on: June 15, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »

Yeah, SOTSOG has some good stuff on it. Personal favs of mine are Where Did It All Go Wrong?, Go Let It Out and Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is.

For me, if I put their albums in order of favourite to least favourite, it would basically be in chronological order. Might swap SOTSOG with ...Chemistry. Still undecided about the last two....

Downloaded Whatever from iTunes off the new compilation the other day. Grin Only ever heard it once or twice and it's a cool song. Cool

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #564 on: June 16, 2010, 07:43:05 AM »

Yeah that song holds alot of memories. I remember my dad playing that song on surround sound in our living room when i was like, 8 or something. Very young either way.

Oasis was the soundtrack to many holidays down Cornwall over the course of my childhood. Always happy memories when Oasis comes on.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #565 on: February 08, 2011, 02:39:26 PM »

Beady Eye....live it, learn it love it.  New record out Feb 28th, essentially it is Oasis minus Noel.

http://www.beadyeyemusic.com/news.php?id=203

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #566 on: February 08, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »

I'm sure i'll buy the album, though what I've heard so far obviously comes nowhere near to Oasis's heights. Liam sounds a little bit like he did on Don't Believe The Truth, which I still don't get all the praise for. It's one of their weakest overall albums IMO, ...Shoulder Of Giants and Heathen Chemistry are better I think.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #567 on: March 17, 2011, 08:05:29 AM »

Even though I'm something of a diehard metalhead, I've always liked Oasis. I think the first two albums were their best ones , but the later ones have a few good songs too. Funnily enough, whereas the best songs on the early albums were written by Noel, the two songs that to me stand out the most from their latter career are both Liam tunes, Songbird and I'm Outta Time.

It's also pretty amazing how many similarities there are between the careers of GNR and Oasis, not musically speaking though. Both bands first album(s) were instant hits and propelled them to superstardom, both bands have an unpredictable and volatile lead vocalist, both bands third album went way over the top (UYI vs AFD, BHN vs DM) and both bands have replaced almost all of their original members.

Too bad Oasis broke up, Beady Eye obviously has very big shoes to fill. We'll see what happens...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #568 on: May 04, 2011, 12:13:49 AM »

i really enjoyed the Beady Eye album. Four Letter Word is a great great album opener, and i really dig songs like The Roller, and The Beat Goes On as well....im seeing them at the Metro here in Chicago. its a smaller venue. Oasis played there in 94 so its been quite a long time since Liam's been in this smaller venue should be a great show, from youtube vid's Liam actually has a good voice live again. i plan on showing up to the venue really early, hopefully i get to meet Liam! and since its all GA i will definately be front row!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #569 on: June 05, 2017, 10:43:12 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJc7-ZEuT0

New song by Liam. I think it sounds so damn catchy, been rocking out to it the past few days. Thoughts?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #570 on: June 07, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJc7-ZEuT0

New song by Liam. I think it sounds so damn catchy, been rocking out to it the past few days. Thoughts?

I really like it as well.  Way better than anything with Beady Eye.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #571 on: June 07, 2017, 03:34:38 PM »

It really is great, Liam seems to have found his way here.  Beady Eye had some good  stuff, but this is even better.  He really is just a great frontman.  I happy to see we are getting a proper solo record from him before the seemingly inevitable Oasis reunion.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #572 on: June 07, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »

It really is great, Liam seems to have found his way here.  Beady Eye had some good  stuff, but this is even better.  He really is just a great frontman.  I happy to see we are getting a proper solo record from him before the seemingly inevitable Oasis reunion.

I don't think "inevitable" is the word  Lips Sealed

Liam Gallagher‏ @liamgallagher  Jun 5
Manchester id like to apologise for my brothers absence last night very disappointed stay beautiful stay safe LG x

Liam Gallagher‏ @liamgallagher Jun 5
Noels out of the fucking country weren't we all love get on a fucking plane and play  your tunes for the kids you sad fuck

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #573 on: June 07, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »

I don't think "inevitable" is the word  Lips Sealed

Liam Gallagher‏ @liamgallagher  Jun 5
Manchester id like to apologise for my brothers absence last night very disappointed stay beautiful stay safe LG x

Liam Gallagher‏ @liamgallagher Jun 5
Noels out of the fucking country weren't we all love get on a fucking plane and play  your tunes for the kids you sad fuck

Liam always takes digs at Noel, it's been like that forever. I don't see that being a hinderance to any future reunion. It will eventually happen.

Btw, Gem is going to be joining Noel for the shows opening for U2 later this year.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: