Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 25 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 25 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills  (Read 94288 times)
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2006, 01:47:13 PM »

about 10 years ago, I would have been right there with you  beer  peace

To say what we are thinking.
axlholic
Opening Act

Its not a comeback its a RESURRECTION!!

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2006, 01:49:45 PM »

Just got my tickets!!!! GENERAL ADMISSION 6-10.  ITs the only way to see a GnR show, its been too long since I had my ass properly kicked!!!!!! I am so excited and the concert is still over a month away.  I think I am going to need to get some Black Death Vodka for the pre show, either that or some high grade gasoline.  THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED that they got tickets so I looked at the official page and got them even before the presale at ticket master!!!    This is going to be an awsome show, the buzz is already better than 2002!!! The wrif is already pushing the show too. 

mr.leaktastic
Banned
Opening Act

I luv u

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2006, 01:55:22 PM »

^ rofl
I like that..."its been to long since I had my ass properly kicked."
hopin' its gonna be fuckin' crazy down there.. smoking
about 10 years ago, I would have been right there with you  beer  peace
cool man.. Cool
been wanting this, since I couldnt go back in 02'...
gonna be great.. beer
axlholic
Opening Act

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2006, 02:31:50 PM »

Everyone is in for a real treat if there point of reference is the 2002 Palace Show!! Axl is in so much better shape and sounds amazing compared to 2002!  I saw him at the hammerstein in NY may 17 2006.  I am still recovering from the eargasms.  He is back to his dancing running around self, not to mention he doesnt get as winded as he did in 2002.  He is really dedicated to making this tour and record change the music industry.  LIsten to CD and think about him talking about the record industry!!! just a thought
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2006, 02:57:01 PM »

This is going to be an awsome show, the buzz is already better than 2002!!! The wrif is already pushing the show too.?

I haven't been listening to the wrif lately but I did hear Podell mention the show the other day. Hopefully they'll really turn up the heat when the tickets actually go on sale this weekend.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »

Everyone is in for a real treat if there point of reference is the 2002 Palace Show!! Axl is in so much better shape and sounds amazing compared to 2002!? I saw him at the hammerstein in NY may 17 2006.? I am still recovering from the eargasms.? He is back to his dancing running around self, not to mention he doesnt get as winded as he did in 2002.? He is really dedicated to making this tour and record change the music industry.? LIsten to CD and think about him talking about the record industry!!! just a thought

Remember that in 02 we got the only North American playing of Rhaid at the Palace. Even though Axl walked out on the show after Patience, the show still fn' rocked!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »

O MAN .... my dads not home till 5 tonight damn..... o and another thing... is the tickets only on sale to people in the states

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
mr.leaktastic
Banned
Opening Act

I luv u

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2006, 05:49:01 PM »

This is going to be an awsome show, the buzz is already better than 2002!!! The wrif is already pushing the show too. 

I haven't been listening to the wrif lately but I did hear Podell mention the show the other day. Hopefully they'll really turn up the heat when the tickets actually go on sale this weekend.
yep..I happened to catch some of it..
they played 2 gnr songs..and, then said "caller #35 gets 2 tickets to the show."
they said there gonna be giving away more during the day, etc..

they sound pretty excited..
they talked a good spot about it..
though, they said some shit about him walking off and letting Baz sing during that one show..
making it sound bad..and, they said they hope that doesnt happen during the Detroit show.. hihi
Neon Mobil Horse
Opening Act

Who wants gas?

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2006, 06:41:47 PM »

O MAN .... my dads not home till 5 tonight damn..... o and another thing... is the tickets only on sale to people in the states

I bought my tickets from here in Windsor, ON.

You don't make friends with salad!
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2006, 06:59:54 PM »

cool thats what i think ill do

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »

This is going to be an awsome show, the buzz is already better than 2002!!! The wrif is already pushing the show too.?

yep..I happened to catch some of it..
they played 2 gnr songs..and, then said "caller #35 gets 2 tickets to the show."
they said there gonna be giving away more during the day, etc..

they sound pretty excited..
they talked a good spot about it..
though, they said some shit about him walking off and letting Baz sing during that one show..
making it sound bad..and, they said they hope that doesnt happen during the Detroit show.. hihi

I don't care who's singing as long as we get a full show this time. I still get upset even when I watch the DVD bootleg of that show, I can't understand why Axl walked out.

Hopefully he'll tell us what happened this time around?

Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2006, 07:09:19 PM »

well im kinda hoping the person opning is alot better than kid rock... lol that woud be awsome if it was mettalica but i can dream cant i ok

- Stewie Griffin-
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2006, 07:34:57 PM »

Ok, let's talk preparty.  What time does it start and can we park at the Palace and walk there?

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2006, 07:36:23 PM »

Ok, let's talk preparty.? What time does it start and can we park at the Palace and walk there?

I was going to set the pre-party up at The Post. It is directly across the street from the Palace and they will shuttle us to and from the show. Is 6pm ok with everyone to start the pre-party?

axlholic
Opening Act

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2006, 07:54:45 PM »

Axl walked out because the house lights came on during Patience and he saw how pathetically dead a majority of the crowd was and didn't want to continue the show.  Especially the fact that someone in the band messed up patience causing Axl to sing the wrong verse order.  All in all it was a true GnR experience, 2 hours waiting for Axl and walking off early, I am not bitter at all and wouldnt have had it any other way.  Plus, City is not one of my favorite songs and not losing any sleep over not getting confetti'd on.  Side note, the worst part of that show was Mix Master Mike as the opener!

Anyone know what time they are opening the gates to get into the parking lot?  Six seems kind of late to me, but I am GA and want to get their pretty early. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 07:56:59 PM by axlholic » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2006, 08:07:41 PM »

Axl walked out because the house lights came on during Patience and he saw how pathetically dead a majority of the crowd was and didn't want to continue the show.? Especially the fact that someone in the band messed up patience causing Axl to sing the wrong verse order.? All in all it was a true GnR experience, 2 hours waiting for Axl and walking off early, I am not bitter at all and wouldnt have had it any other way.? Plus, City is not one of my favorite songs and not losing any sleep over not getting confetti'd on.? Side note, the worst part of that show was Mix Master Mike as the opener!

Anyone know what time they are opening the gates to get into the parking lot?? Six seems kind of late to me, but I am GA and want to get their pretty early.?

The house lights did not come on during Patience. Not only was I at the show and don't remember that happening, but the DVD bootleg I have shows otherwise.

The part about someone fucking up during Patience is very true however.

The gates to the Palace generally open at 5pm everyday unless the show starts at 6:30pm, then the open the gates at 3pm.

axlholic
Opening Act

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2006, 08:19:52 PM »

Then my memory fails me, maybe a flash of stage lights went out or something, I specifically remember it when happening when Axl  sang "'Cause the lights are shining bright" might not have been house lights, but a stage affect.  But thats my memory, but who knows I could have created the memory, I cant argue with indisputable video evidence like the NFL refs, lol. 
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2006, 08:40:36 PM »

Then my memory fails me, maybe a flash of stage lights went out or something, I specifically remember it when happening when Axl? sang "'Cause the lights are shining bright" might not have been house lights, but a stage affect.? But thats my memory, but who knows I could have created the memory, I cant argue with indisputable video evidence like the NFL refs, lol.?

haha....true... Yeah, it was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Right before Robin's solo Axl threw his mic up and left the stage. I thought for sure he wasn't coming back. But then Robin started playing the rest of the song and Axl came back to sing it. I was like "WOW! He came BACK! I can't believe it!!" then he just sang the end, threw his mic again and left.

I was like "Um.....ok.....he kinda came back I guess" hehe.

I don't feel cheated or anything. I didn't mean to give that impression. The show was awesome and we did get that one and only playing of Rhiad. I just maybe Axl might say something at this show like "You know, the last time we were here..." or something like that.

omgrunnn
Headliner

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2006, 08:59:03 PM »

anyone know how many GA tix are bein sold on Gunsnroses.com ?

November 25th, 2006-Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit
December 2nd, 2011-U.S. Bank Area, Cincinnati
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2006, 09:43:42 PM »

Yeah, we might want to go a little earlier than 6:00 for the GA folks.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »