Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:36:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena  (Read 95151 times)
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2006, 03:17:11 AM »

Since I am staying at the Radison across the street I think I will go check out the rock in roll hall of fame on saturday. Is the rock in roll hall of fame worth seeing I have never been but I think I might as well go since I will be a few block away.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2006, 05:13:05 AM »

Since I am staying at the Radison across the street I think I will go check out the rock in roll hall of fame on saturday. Is the rock in roll hall of fame worth seeing I have never been but I think I might as well go since I will be a few block away.
I have never been their, but I have heard its a great time, and has some great things to see. Cleveland is a great city enjoy your time their.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2006, 09:07:41 AM »

I will be staying somewhere downtown.  I have  not decided yet.  I hope to meet up with a few before the show.

NOTE:  Ohio is now a Smoke Free State.  It was passed last night.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2006, 10:29:54 AM »

you can still smoke in public places though.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2006, 10:34:01 AM »

No, Issue 5 was a ban on smoking in public places.

http://www.smokefreeohio.org/oh/documents/SFOLawComparison.pdf

Check it out.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2006, 01:21:03 PM »

Rock Hall is definately worth hitting if you are in town.

My brother-in-law and myself will be at the Boneyard from 4 til 7. Their happy hour is great. 40 beers on tap, 80 in the bottle and all pints are either $2 or $3. That is where I party before any Indians/Q events and only 3 blocks away.

I'll start looking to see if any other places are doing anything "Official"
mega_music
VIP

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2006, 06:24:10 PM »

No you cant unless the place has an outdoor smoking area designated for smoking only, this is a very strict law and I look for it to be pushed hard because its supported by so many agencies. They might as well cage us up and put up a sign reading "caution dangerous smokers behind bars"

Back on topic, I have not heard of anything official as for a meet up point, but Cooperstown has been brought up a few times. I will be in Cleveland early afternoon to start waiting in line, so I don't know for sure how much pre-partying I will be able to do. If anyone else on the boards want up close and plan on waiting in line let me know. We can always move the party to the line.

-Trevor-
hufford69
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2006, 12:38:45 AM »

The smoke free law doesn't take effect for 30 days. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2006, 12:50:03 PM »

Back on topic, I have not heard of anything official as for a meet up point, but Cooperstown has been brought up a few times. I will be in Cleveland early afternoon to start waiting in line, so I don't know for sure how much pre-partying I will be able to do. If anyone else on the boards want up close and plan on waiting in line let me know. We can always move the party to the line.

that sounds like a good idea to me

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
rhiad
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2006, 05:07:59 PM »

I'll be there! Just bought my plane ticket this morning. See you all SOON!
mega_music
VIP

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2006, 08:41:48 PM »

I'll be there! Just bought my plane ticket this morning. See you all SOON!
Glad your making the trip to the Buckeye state. This will be an amazing show, with this being the only Ohio stop on the tour, be prepared for some serious fans!

-Trevor-
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2006, 11:00:46 PM »

I'm real thinking about going to this show.  drool I'ts about 500 miles from house and around a 7 hour drive.  Undecided   I never been to Cleveland before. I have a few questions mabye some fo you can help me with please. Is the whole floor GA for this show? If the whole floor is GA do they cut it in half liek the NJ one and make the front VIP? What hotles are right next to the Quicken Loans Arena? How is the weather this time a year? I just hate to go and have it snow and I can't make it home for a day.  nervous  One last thing is the arena easy to find from I-77? It looks like i just have to take I-80 west to 14 and then I-480 west to I-77 north. Thank you very much for any help with these question.  beer   peace 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2006, 11:26:12 PM »

So Jim BOB, you're going?  just post the pre party, i'll be there, i'll find it.

i plan on staying the night, and going to the hall of fame the next day too.

i was wondering the same of the floor, will it all be a pit, or part a pit and part seats like msg.  my ticket just genad.  and the smoking law (which i voted against)i believe takes effect on dec 7, although i'm sure the arena is smoke free already.
mega_music
VIP

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2006, 05:38:01 AM »

Brownstone
I'll try to help you out. #1 the arena is very easy to find, here is the way I go if you are coming on 77, you will want to take the 3rd jacobs field Q arena exit (I believe its the east 9th exit), turn right at the first light, and make another right at the next light this will put you in Ontario street (i think). Go 2 lights and make a left, this will take you to event parking located behind the Indians ballpark. The arena is situated beside the baseball stadium. If you would like a place to stay there are several hotels near by. The only one I can think of is the Hilton its located near Jacobs field and a good block or two away. Im not from Cleveland but have went to several ballgames in the city and its fairly easy to navigate.

The weather in northern Ohio, is very unpredictable in the end of November, it could easily be snow, or the mid 50's. The weather is anyones guess, we should know by the weekend what the forecasters are predicting.

I assume the entire floor is GA at least I am hoping
If you have anymore questions I'll try my best to help you out. Hope you can make the travel to the Buckeyes state, and look forward to rocking with you.

-Trevor-
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2006, 03:08:26 PM »

So Jim BOB, you're going?? just post the pre party, i'll be there, i'll find it.

i plan on staying the night, and going to the hall of fame the next day too.

i was wondering the same of the floor, will it all be a pit, or part a pit and part seats like msg.? my ticket just genad.? and the smoking law (which i voted against)i believe takes effect on dec 7, although i'm sure the arena is smoke free already.

Yeah, I'll be going, although my Bro-In-Law just backed out because he can't get outta work. Sucks because he was also supposed to find the herb! Oh well, I'll keep looking for someone to go with me, although I'm not afraid of goin it alone. Never stopped me before. I'll post the pre-party if I find one. I know I've heard of some going to Cooperstown (Alice Cooper's joint) as well as the Hard Rock, but I still like my old-reliable (The Boneyard). Floor will not have a chair on it and no smoking in the Q. Think they even removed the smoking areas in the restaurant the is inside the Q.
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2006, 03:14:30 PM »

I'm real thinking about going to this show.? drool I'ts about 500 miles from house and around a 7 hour drive.? Undecided? ?I never been to Cleveland before. I have a few questions mabye some fo you can help me with please. Is the whole floor GA for this show? If the whole floor is GA do they cut it in half liek the NJ one and make the front VIP? What hotles are right next to the Quicken Loans Arena? How is the weather this time a year? I just hate to go and have it snow and I can't make it home for a day.? nervous? One last thing is the arena easy to find from I-77? It looks like i just have to take I-80 west to 14 and then I-480 west to I-77 north. Thank you very much for any help with these question.? beer? ?peace?
Brownstone, here are the hotels near the Q

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Gateway
Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Downtown
Hilton GI Cleveland Gateway
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Downtown
Wyndham Playhouse Square Hotel
Ritz-Carlton Cleveland
Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade
Oakwood Downtown Cleveland
Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown
Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Downtown
Marriott Cleveland at Key Center
Comfort Inn Downtown Cleveland
Crowne Plaza City Centre

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2006, 03:41:37 PM »

FYI a lot  of groups, singers playing at the q usually stay at the Renaissance-Eddie Vedder & Pearl Jam stayed there

libertad
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2006, 09:53:42 AM »

I can't believe we are also gettin Eagles Of Death Metal on the bill - this is gonna be a friggen blast!!!

1 Week, Yo!      beer
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2006, 11:06:10 PM »

coolness....please tell me the suicide chicks are off the bill!

well, i'm going alone too, my friends are weineys and don't know how to party.  and i will be traveling with maryjane, lol.  i've done dayton to nyc twice by myself, via car, so cleveland will be an easy trip.

i'm gonna keep an eye on the preparty list and maybe just hit them all!
deadflowerII
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2006, 11:39:12 PM »

I'm goin' to the show w/ two buddies.I'm stayin' downtown,a block or so from the QLC.WHERE IS EVERYONE PARTYING DOWN?Huh? before & after the show? beer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: