Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena  (Read 94816 times)
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2006, 12:59:10 PM »

Enjoy the show everyone...it will be an awesome time!

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
JohnnyMcGunsFan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2006, 01:17:50 PM »

I'll be attending the show as well.  In fact, I have an extra pair of tickets that I'm trying to sell.  Buying from me saves you $15 when you consider the handling and convenience charges (face value = $80, but charges add another $20).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160053402713

If someone wants these, use the Buy It Now or PM me (though I'll receive messages through eBay faster than messages here).

Cheers.
driver8k
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2006, 03:54:15 PM »

First time poster,long time lurker.

One more hour of work and then me and the wife are off to Cleveland.Only about a 2 hour drive so won't be to bad,better then some friends of ours that are heading up from Dayton.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe trip....see you all there.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »

Everyone have a great time tongiht!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2006, 11:17:03 PM »

Thanks jaz!  i did have a good time!

i see no one's posted a review, and sorry, but my reviews aren't like thorough like some people's, so i'll give you a little report.  i couldn't tell you the set list, and when i went into the arena, they were already doing it's so easy, i assume Jungle was  first.  the show was kick ass as usual.  axl's voice sounded good throughout, the band nailed their duties as usual.  but i must say.....the crowd really kinda sucked.  i was on the floor, maybe 15 feet back and everyone was just standing there.  i was like WTF, this is a rock show not the symphony.  it was kinda nice to not be almost squished to death like hammerstein, but then again that's part of being on the floor at a show.  it seemed really odd to be on the floor, that close and everyone just standing around, a few feet between everyone.  i must say, and not to offend anyone, but i've always found that cleveland isn't really a good town for a concert.  it's a big enough market, and it claims to be the birth place of rock and roll, but they don't seem to have good crowds.  i probably should have went to detroit instead....it's only an hour or so farther.

the preparty was dead.  i don't know if people went to the show early or what, but i got to cooperstown at like 6 and there was like no one there, at least not friendly fun looking people.  so i didn't meet up with any forum members, i ended up hanging with the bartender, and a group of dudes from cleveland, that by the way, knew nothing of the new band, only that slash wasn't involved, and they were really wondering if they would be any good.  which was on a lot of people's minds.  i talked with quite a variety of people there for the concert, either at the bar, or my hotel.  alot of them really hadn't heard the new band and were quite skeptical.  everyone of them that i saw either after the show or the next day were very impressed with the show they saw. ok
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2006, 11:14:16 AM »

SIS - the reviews are in this thread... http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=40142.0

I stayed at The Boneyard with my bro-in-law and some Toronto Gunners until somewhere around 9:30 or 10. The Brown Ales made the evening a bit fuzzy. When we finally hit the floor it only took about 20 minutes to mingle our way to within 10 ft of the stage on the right side.

Killer show. The crowd was dead in my opinion. But the next day my feet hurt, my voice was hoarse, and I was pretty hung over. All signs of a good show.
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2006, 05:59:45 PM »

Thanks jaz!  i did have a good time!

i see no one's posted a review, and sorry, but my reviews aren't like thorough like some people's, so i'll give you a little report.  i couldn't tell you the set list, and when i went into the arena, they were already doing it's so easy, i assume Jungle was  first.  the show was kick ass as usual.  axl's voice sounded good throughout, the band nailed their duties as usual.  but i must say.....the crowd really kinda sucked.  i was on the floor, maybe 15 feet back and everyone was just standing there.  i was like WTF, this is a rock show not the symphony.  it was kinda nice to not be almost squished to death like hammerstein, but then again that's part of being on the floor at a show.  it seemed really odd to be on the floor, that close and everyone just standing around, a few feet between everyone.  i must say, and not to offend anyone, but i've always found that cleveland isn't really a good town for a concert.  it's a big enough market, and it claims to be the birth place of rock and roll, but they don't seem to have good crowds.  i probably should have went to detroit instead....it's only an hour or so farther.

the preparty was dead.  i don't know if people went to the show early or what, but i got to cooperstown at like 6 and there was like no one there, at least not friendly fun looking people.  so i didn't meet up with any forum members, i ended up hanging with the bartender, and a group of dudes from cleveland, that by the way, knew nothing of the new band, only that slash wasn't involved, and they were really wondering if they would be any good.  which was on a lot of people's minds.  i talked with quite a variety of people there for the concert, either at the bar, or my hotel.  alot of them really hadn't heard the new band and were quite skeptical.  everyone of them that i saw either after the show or the next day were very impressed with the show they saw. ok

What part of the stage were you at? I was at the right hand side of the stage right at the gate by Robin and was deffinetely rockin out!

StoneTempleRoses

axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2006, 10:22:10 PM »

^^so you were front row, basically?  i probably should have worked my way up closer, but i didn't want to push in front of people and start a riot or anything, lol.  i was on the right side, back maybe 15 feet, 20 at the most.  i thought i did pretty good for arriving so late, it had to be after 11 when i got there, and i didn't even go down onto the floor until after guns started.  i was outside smoking with some hot young dude, and when we came back in, it's so easy was playing.  i did end up at the boneyard, probably about 1030, though.  after hanging out at cooperstown with the hot bartender, this ticket scalper dude took me over to the boneyard.  he actually gave me one of his tickets, pretty good seats actually, but i didn't want to sit with him, and the people in the surrounding seats didn't look very fun.  so i went on the floor which is where my ticket was for.  i hope no body around here is the drunk dude that kept sitting on the floor and looking up my skirt!

glad everyone had a good time!
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2006, 09:44:51 PM »

it was a great show once again for me. Hey thanks  mega_music for telling me how to find the arena. It was very easy to find.  ok Also thanks   JimBobJoeJackJr  for the lis of hotels near by. I stayed at the Radisson. Everything was great but the Eagles of Shit Metal. Cleveland seem like a nice town from what I got to see. Wish I had more time to see the rock n roll hall of fame.  peace

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2006, 09:45:40 PM »

i wish i would have seen the eagles of death metal now.....i wanna see how bad they were!

i chose my hotel by it's name, lol, I stayed at the Hyatt, i could see the arena from my window.

you should hvae gone to the hall of fame.  they really had some good displays and the clash exhibit was really cool.  but the last time i was there, like in 99, they had likenesses of axl and slash, but they are gone now, replaced by some bullshit person like in sync or something.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2006, 05:20:44 PM »

i wish i would have seen the eagles of death metal now.....i wanna see how bad they were!

I honestly didnt think they were that bad of a band. I kinda like their music. Their downfalls was each song seemed to sound the same and it was just a 45 minute beat with different lyrics. If this band went on before Bach, they would of not gotten such a bad response. Bach had Cleveland pumped up after his set and then the Eagles couldn't perform at the level of the audience. Eagles wont get a very good reception from most Guns fans because Axl personally said he didnt like them. If the Cleveland lineup went like this Eagles would still be on tour. EODM, Suicide Girls, Sebastian, Suicide Girls, Guns. To many ups and downs in the acts, causes the crowd to get irritated and by the time Eagles went on stage several people were drunk and ready for Guns already, so they take their anger out on one of the opening acts. There should be a disclaimer at every Guns show that reads "Dont binge drink take your time because Axl wont be on stage til 12 conserve your alcohol intake"

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2007, 06:13:40 PM »

I honestly didnt think they were that bad of a band. I kinda like their music. Their downfalls was each song seemed to sound the same and it was just a 45 minute beat with different lyrics. If this band went on before Bach, they would of not gotten such a bad response. Bach had Cleveland pumped up after his set and then the Eagles couldn't perform at the level of the audience. Eagles wont get a very good reception from most Guns fans because Axl personally said he didnt like them. If the Cleveland lineup went like this Eagles would still be on tour. EODM, Suicide Girls, Sebastian, Suicide Girls, Guns. To many ups and downs in the acts, causes the crowd to get irritated and by the time Eagles went on stage several people were drunk and ready for Guns already, so they take their anger out on one of the opening acts. There should be a disclaimer at every Guns show that reads "Dont binge drink take your time because Axl wont be on stage til 12 conserve your alcohol intake"

Did you hear that one guy bitching to axl about how he needs to hurry up with the guitar solo's because it was so late the venue stopped selling beer and he wanted to go out and drink more ?

That one guy was the only problem i had with the show.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Lafayettecopssuck
Opening Act

Live your life like its a coma

« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2007, 06:04:00 AM »

This was the only 2006 show that i was able to catch.  But it was super funky techno beats worth it.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »

Did anyone ever get a boot or DVD of this show?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2007, 09:40:33 PM »

i wish!  Grin that would make the ultimate b-day gift.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2007, 12:15:48 PM »

this is one show i haven't heard of there being a boot of.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2007, 09:28:02 AM »

Did anyone ever get a boot or DVD of this show?

Unfortunatly not. Security was extremely tight.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
southsiderwp
Opening Act

11/24/02 - 11/24/06

« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2007, 02:54:15 PM »

yea this show definitly rocked, who cares about the crowd not being amped, the band sounded great and if there is a boot available i d definitly pay $100 for it, the same for the Cleveland show in 2002

Tis only a flesh wound....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: