Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 27 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 27 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena  (Read 95480 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2006, 07:32:23 PM »

I wish I could come to this show... Chicago always seems to get something special from GNR.

Oh well.. 3 LA shows is enough right?

Have fun guys!

gnrevolution.com
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2006, 07:40:43 PM »

I wish I could come to this show... Chicago always seems to get something special from GNR.

Oh well.. 3 LA shows is enough right?

Have fun guys!

I am with you.  I am going to the Minneapolis and Iowa shows. My buddy who is going with me to the Minneapolis show is also going to this show because his law firm is based in Chicago and he is going to be in town on business at that time.  The kicker, a partner in the firm is a huge GNR fan and she is going with him.  What great way to kiss your boss's ass!!

I am in the bullpen though for this show in case someone can't go.  So maybe I will get three GNR concerts this time around too.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2006, 09:38:35 AM »

got 2 Gen.? Adm.

It gave me seat #'s of 245 & 246 (wondering what that refers to?)? I thought Gen Adm. was first come first served right?

The floor is General Admission. I called Allstate to see. They said no seats on the floor, standing room only. It's gonna be great!!
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »

So, it looks like GA is the floor (pit for moshing) and they are calling the more expensive seats GA as well but you actually get seating. I got seats too because I want to drink my beer, smoke some, and Axl Rose dance my ass off! Last time I was in the pit at one of these shows, my ass was felt up left and right (not that I minded) and I came out with loads of beer spilled on me smelling like I had just run a marathon. Plus, people were just taking joints out of my hand. So, being a little older and wiser, I choose to enjoy the commotion from the stands and decide who I want to share my ganja with.

I bet scalpers already snatched up most of the good tickets thats why the system was only selling ones and twos even in the better sections. Scalpers suck in Chicago. They get everything first. I'm still trying to figure out the link. Being a Sox fan for many years, I was always able to get good tickets except this past year because they won the WS. Unless you had season tickets, scalpers took all of the 100 level tickets and the only thing I could ever get this year was nosebleed upper deck.

For all you fans considering Chicago, consider again. It will be one wild show!  I've got peeps coming from NY to see this show too. Look forward to hooking up with some of you cats for a pre-party. Shoeless Joe's will be the place and I''m thinking around 5 or 6 PM? I'll post the address and stuff by the end of the week. It's right across from Rosemont so this seems to be the best place.

Oh, and it's finally being promoted on the Loop radio station.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2006, 01:03:15 PM »

Shoeless Joe's is in the motel i'll be at i believe. The Best Western.

We'll share our ganja with ya cheryl, if you'll share yours smoking

What section are you in at the show?
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2006, 02:56:18 PM »

Well alright!!!! That's what I'm saying! I will gladly share with my fellow GNR fans! I am in section 111. Row DD. You'll know you're at the right place when you see my ladies and I head banging and singing at the top of our lungs! That's if we have any lung power left but you know how that goes.

I'm trying to get everyone going to the Chicago show that's on this site to meet at Shoeless Joe's before the show. Yes. It is in the hotel you are staying. I'd love to meet the people posting here and party with them!

Ok for anyone reading these posts interested in pre-partying before the show:

Shoeless Joe's Sports Bar & Grille
10290 W. Higgins Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Monday, November 27th
6:00 PM

And yes, it's in the Best Western hotel near Allstate Arena.

Personally I have to work on Monday but plan to call in sick on Tuesday so I think a good time to meet would be 6:00 PM. If anyone wants to get there earlier have a few drinks for me. I know I will certainly try.

Give a holler if you're going to meet so we know who to look for. Also, share your pic so we know who you are! I have to get one to post. I totally am so behind with technology - don't even have a freakin digital camera.

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2006, 05:08:45 PM »

The wife and I will be there beer

I'll be the stoned one sippin' pepsi- i don't drink. Alchohol and my stomach don't get along.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2006, 05:48:14 PM »

Okay folks!  I'll be joining you m.f.ers for the Chicago show!  My college roommate Crazy Cheryl got me a ticket, so I'm flying in from the nyc!  So, my confirmed fall tour: msg and Chicago.  I'm may add jersey too.  I'm so excited!!!! peace

Party on!
Blackls2
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2006, 11:16:53 AM »

Waited until today's presale and got better tix then through the alloted tickets that gunsnroses.com had.

Sec. 102
Row: L

Password: Jungle

Whats the problem?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 04:17:55 PM by Blackls2 » Logged
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2006, 12:27:19 PM »

I bought two more through the presale but couldn't get two together in any of the 100 sections. How many tickets did you buy? I wound up taking two on the floor so I could send my husband packing and just party with the ladies.

Do they allow beer on the floor? I have to imagine they do or fans would be beating the piss out of the vendors. I've only been in mosh pits at the Riv and the Brawl Room in which it's a free for all and you slip on your ass more times than someone can drink a beer. I've never experienced a no beer policy.

Also, let me know when people start getting their tickets. NY peeps are having a problem with tickets.com and everyone ordering through ticketmaster got their's first. Some people going to the NY show still haven't got their tickets and I think the show is 11-5 for them. I want to know who I'm going to have to take down if my tickets don't arrive on time.

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2006, 12:31:53 PM »

One more thing. The auction is for tickets for the show. If you bid, you can either get upfront mosh pit or reserved seats in like the first five rows. I guess they are holding the best seats for this auction, then whatever doesn't go will be released through ticketmaster or scalpers.

Damn. Wouldn't I love to be the lucky one to order tickets when they release what isn't sold through the auction? It's timing and luck baby.

WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 01:54:31 PM »

I just heard a radio promo on 670 The Score!? It said, "Chinese Democracy World Tour", but they only played old songs (WTTJ, NT, SCOM, NR, PC).? ? Undecided

Later on, they had a contest where the 5000th person to text the word "rock" to the station, won tickets to the show.? ?ok

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:04:30 AM by WhatIsItMan » Logged

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2006, 05:31:30 PM »

Do they allow beer on the floor?

No they don't.  At least they didn't the last time I was there to see VR.
Annie
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 10:38:03 AM »

I am going to be brave and be in the pit for this show!!
PrObLy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 11:15:37 AM »

Just landed front row tickets in section 210 -- the perfect balcony spot  Smiley
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2006, 12:40:55 PM »

Does anyone know how early floor tickets can enter the Allstate?

colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »

Does anyone know how early floor tickets can enter the Allstate?

from their website http://www.allstatearena.com/contact.asp

Allstate Arena
Please send all correspondence to this address.
6920 N. Mannheim Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Telephone: 847.635.6601
Box Office Hours
The box office offers walk-up service only.
Monday - Friday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday Noon - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday Closed
Also open three hours prior to events and one hour after start of each event.

Doors open one hour prior to event.

To say what we are thinking.
savedsol
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2006, 02:33:43 PM »

4 together in Section 102 row B!!! I didn't want to stand the whole time. Three hours at the Hammerstein in May was enough.
Annie
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2006, 04:02:35 PM »

How big is the GA section at Allstate Arena? I mean, how many tickets can they sell to fill up this area?
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2006, 08:17:39 PM »

Allstate holds about 12,000 i'd say. the floor could hold around 5,000
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: