Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:43:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 27 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 27 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena  (Read 95473 times)
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »

Got to my hotel (Best Western) @ about 4. We made the mistake of bringing a friend along. He was already drunk @ 1 when we picked him up and no more than 30 minutes after getting to the motel he headed for the bar at Shoeless Joe's. So, after about 15 annoying phone calls from him, we went and met him at the bar. He's wasted and harrassing waitresses, then proceeds to take food right off my fucking plate and chow it down. I was ready to "dot his eye" for him, but my wife intervened, so i did the right thing and went back to my room and chilled.

Headed to the show at about 8. Saw the last 2 songs of Moderndayzero. Went to go get something to drink, merch, and have a smoke. Luckily we ended up getting separated from my obnoxoius drunk friend, and went back down to the floor and watched the last 10 minutes of Suicide Girls. It was actually kinda cool. Better than what i had expected- based on what little i saw.

Then Bach came on, and man he fucking rocked! he played much longer than i had expected. I counted 14 songs total. He even did one from that Frameshift cd he sang on!

Much to my surprise the wait for GNR wasn't long at all. We must get lucky in Chicago, cuz there wasn't much of a wait back in 02 either. Must have something to do with the airport being right there by the arena, maybe. Some idiot tried to convince me that Axl has it in his contract that he doesn't go on til 2 hours after the last opener. I was just like whatever dude. I hope he felt like a moron when it was only 30 minutes after Bach left the stage, and GNR hit.

They played the same songs as usual, included Maddy in the encore.  I had trouble hearing Axl during Better, but could hear him fine during the rest of the songs. I was approx 15 or so "rows" back, almost center. All the songs sounded great to me. I noticed Axl's voice was a little raspier sounding for the last couple songs, but man he pulled it off well considering he had strep and an ear infection. I was the only one in the area i was standing that knew the new songs- well, except my wife who knows the songs cuz i've pretty much crammed them down her throat,LOL. Most people i was around did have a positive reaction to the new material. Most people in my area were not happy about the amount of solos, and some were bitching that just when things got going with hard rockers, Axl slowed it down with a ballad. I do agree that the order some songs were played could've been better, but whatever, they sounded great and that's what matters to me.

If/When the album comes out I'll definately be going again, but not until then.Next time it'll just be the wife and i, and we'll be getting seats (I couldn't have a fucking Pepsi on the floor, that's just ridiculous!). It was a great show that i would give a 9 out of 10. To all that thought the show sucked, and didn't have a good time, PLEASE just stay the fuck home next time!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2006, 12:08:35 AM »

Glad you enjoyed it!  I'd be happy with a smaller gig and less bitch-n-moaners, though I'm not counting on it.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »

I can't believe I have never come back to this thread. lol That was the night of my life. Got to hangout with my best forum friends and got to go backstage. What a fucking night.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=201094714&albumID=543377&imageID=16899551
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=201094714&albumID=543377&imageID=16899564
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=201094714&albumID=543377&imageID=16899573

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2009, 07:02:34 PM »

wow i cant believe this is the firs time i also have came back to this thread!  this is where i made my first post!!! ( i need to post here more often!!)
Anyways great pics!  im so jealous!!  i didn't know if that was from backstage in the arena !!  After the show was over me and my friend watched
a bunch of people with backstage "after hours" passes walk to this banquet hall looking building across from the arena !!  maybe that was where
the "acoustic set" that Axl called off due to his illness was going to take place!??  do u know what im talking about??

We actually seen Axl and his entourage leave the parking lot!!  i was so physically and emotionally drained from that show that we didn't even get star struck  !  i must say the braids looked crazy from across the street !!   

anyways hopefully il be making a trip back to Rosemont sooner then later
cheers and great pics   beer

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14