Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227999 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I shot the biggest buck of my life today
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I shot the biggest buck of my life today  (Read 21561 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2006, 03:33:49 PM »

Listen up for those of you that love deer meat, next time you get your deer processed ask for the backstraps to be kept whole. ?They are the 2 tenderloins on the back. Do not get them butterflied or cut, just trimmed and left whole.

Go to the super market and get Adolfs marinade in minutes for meat. It is a powder mix that you just add water to. marinade regardless of what the directions say for 12 to 24 hours. ?

Cook them on a hot grill left whole, use a fresh pepper grinder and good kosher salt ?to sprinkel on during cooking. I use alot of pepper. Also keep juice unlike what package on marinade says and use thats to baste meat. ?Cooking time varies my guess would be 30 minutes about 15 a side, or even longer. Once I think they are about done I cut one half way just to peak inside to see if it is done. I cook them to med just a hint of pink left. ?Let them rest a few minutes and then slice them in about 1" thick slices, but only cut what you eat as you go. DO NOT CUT THE WHOLE THING UP, ONLY WHAT YOUR SERVING YOUR SELF CUT AS YOU NEED or it will dry out. Unlike other dder steaks i have eatin in diffrent forms or recipes, this one the left over peice can easliy be reheated next day and still be moist not dry.

You stole that recipe from Rachel Ray?! hihi? ?Her "Venison in 30 minutes" episode!? hihi

Are you serious, if so I never saw that show, or more so she stole my recipe.? rant

We have been doing that one for about 8 years now. We used to butterfly the straps into 1" thick slices and pan cook them in a whole concuction of stuff, we alwasy processed our own deer. One year we had about 8 or so to cut up. So me and my cousin when we were 15 or so went in the house tro cook some up while our parents continued to cut the other deer up. We added, a-1, ketchup, worchester, BBQ, lots of raw onions, pepper garlic, salt. and the secret ingredient banana pepper juice from the jar which is basically vinegar that taste like mild or hot peppers. We would make half the batch with the actual mild bannana rings in the suace or the other without but both still had the jusice in it. We made every body taste them, hey it looked like a brown suace with onions and peppers of sorts and tasted great. They all loved it and we luaghed our asses off. So for the next 10 years we made them that way.  It is tough becuase you have to constintely taste it and asjust quanities to make it taste right, since we never measured anything. It had a tangy flavor. but it was good.

Deer realy have no edible fat on them, the fat is really called talc and you do not want to eat that.  Thats why the only way to cook backstraps is in suace cutup or grill and leave whole. Or you get shoe leather

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2006, 03:47:51 PM »

Are you serious, if so I never saw that show, or more so she stole my recipe.? rant

I'm kidding, she's totally not the deer meat kind. She's some italian chick on the FOOD network.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2006, 03:53:25 PM »

The guy I bought my house from was a big hunter. He had a freezer full of Venison that he left me as a moving in "gift". Man, we ate venison everything (you name it) for a week or so. I still have some in there, I eventually got burned out on it.  hihi hihi
Brody
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2006, 09:03:18 PM »

30-06, yes it has a scope.

Lucky fucker.. we cant hunt rifle in Ia. nice one.
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2006, 09:12:46 PM »

I do not respect hunting if anything there needs to be a people season the human race is the most over populated species. I have more respect for animals than I do strangers.? rant
I do not like hunting either. I think it sucks and guys just have to make up for lacking something else to do it!
darkmonth
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2006, 09:30:58 PM »

You're mean... lol...

Fucking sick.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »

I do not respect hunting if anything there needs to be a people season the human race is the most over populated species. I have more respect for animals than I do strangers.? rant
I do not like hunting either. I think it sucks and guys just have to make up for lacking something else to do it!

I'm not making up for anything.? I love venison and I care enough about wildlife to know that they need to be kept in check since they lack any natural predators.? Take a short drive along I-70 or I-79 and you'll see what I mean when I say deer are out of control.? To all those who claim we need to quit expanding into their habitat, well we have.? Deer populations are getting bigger each year and they're expanding into our habitats.? You want to be a crusader, sell your home tear it down.? Anyone who eats meat but thinks hunting is wrong is a hypocrite.? To the moron who said we should start hunting people, put your money where your mouth is and off yourself.? Or did you just mean kill other people besides yourself.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2006, 09:43:24 PM »

Let one total your car and maybe you might have a slight change of heart.? I think white-tail deer are beautiful animals.? Hunting allows me a very intimate and close relationship to observe and watch them.?

If you really want to understand hunting, listen to this song: http://home.comcast.net/~gunsnrockmusic/Buckmasters.mp3
this song gets the point across perfectly.

Edit:  corrected link.  I hope some of you listen to it
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:10:26 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2006, 02:24:05 PM »

I'm not making up for anything.? I love venison and I care enough about wildlife to know that they need to be kept in check since they lack any natural predators.? Take a short drive along I-70 or I-79 and you'll see what I mean when I say deer are out of control.? To all those who claim we need to quit expanding into their habitat, well we have.? Deer populations are getting bigger each year and they're expanding into our habitats.? You want to be a crusader, sell your home tear it down.? Anyone who eats meat but thinks hunting is wrong is a hypocrite.? To the moron who said we should start hunting people, put your money where your mouth is and off yourself.? Or did you just mean kill other people besides yourself.

it's not about eating meat
it's about killing a living being for fun. cause in the end, that's what you get out of it: fun.
you shoot. the dear dies. and you had fun.
simple.

what about bows ? can you hunt with bows ? THAT would kick ass.

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2006, 03:18:43 PM »

I don't think deer hunters are bad at all.  The only bad thing is that they are getting the deer running - I had FOUR run out in front of me driving to work last week.  Luckily I didn't hit any of them.  The last very cold winter, they came out of the woods and ate all my bushes and plants.  rant

Besides that, they are beautiful and yummy!  Grin

Yes, you can hunt with a bow.

Why don't you just....
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2006, 03:28:49 PM »

I'm kidding, she's totally not the deer meat kind. She's some italian chick on the FOOD network.

I knew that, I watch her all the time actually alton brown is the man  peace  rofl

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2006, 03:35:39 PM »

I love animals too, mine cooked to perfection.? hihi I have shot 30 plus deer and counting. Boy they are good eats.

I really love animal activist they are the best, but since were all GNR fans here I will let this one slide.

Humans make up part of the food chain. Hunting done correctly with a conservation program as all states have now leads? to a healthy ecosystem.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:38:17 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2006, 03:43:23 PM »

ALSO the majority of hunters and fisherman are very in touch with the outdoors and a very respectful of the animals and the habitat. I love animals alive and dead. Seriously most hunters know more about the animals in the woods then most animal lovers that hate hunters.  The majority of hunter stick to the rule of thumb eat what you kill.  The small precentage of trophy hunters that do it for the sport and do not eat there kill do not make up the majority. Just like this board the majority is ok but every now and then you a have few assholes. And the public always remembers the assholes not the good ones. So the hunters get a bad rap.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »

And the public always remembers the assholes not the good ones. So the hunters get a bad rap.

You are no doubt right about that.? I've mentioned it before on this board, but I used to know a man that went bow hunting for deer.? I don't believe for one second that he did it to control the deer population, because he like deer meat, or anything like that.? He did because he enjoyed killing things.? How do I know that?? Well, there are a couple of reasons.? He would get bored waiting for a deer to shoot at (and miss, most of the time!) so he would start shooting squirrels.? What's the point of that?? Then when he hit a squirrel that didn't die right away, he'd run over with his knife and cut its throat to be "humane".? He also loved it if he saw a cat or dog get hit by a car.? If it wasn't dead yet, he'd run over and cut its throat, and then act as though he had done some noble thing.? He was the one of the biggest assholes I've ever known.? Now, I realize that he's most likely not representative of all hunters.? But he's the only hunter I've ever spent any time around.

I wonder, why bow hunt at all?? If you were just hunting because you like deer meat, then why not use the most efficient means necessary to kill it?? If bow hunting is more challenging or sporting or whatever, then obviously you are killing the deer for the fun of it and not the food.

And I'll restate what I said before.? I'm not "against" hunting and I'm not a vegetarian.? But I don't understand what makes a person want to kill an animal.? Clearly, they get something more out of it than meat.? I'm not saying it's evil or wrong, but there is more to it than good food.? ?

Your right there is alot more to it, for me it is also about fun, not in the killing but the freinships and goodtimes it has created over the years. My whole family hunts, my 70 year old granmom hunts still. We have agreat time, the actual killing part I do not think makes any of us feel better. I hate it down right hate it when one does not die right away. It is tough i get a knot in my throat when one does not die right away. I have had to due the throat thing a few times it sucks. But overall I continue to do it becasue i relize it is a neccassary thing. We eat all our meat, we do it legal, and we have a great time, there are guys that hunt all there life and never get a deer. They do it for the good times. Same with us but we also get great food out of it.  My family probally gets about 12 plus deer a year. But we also raise pheasenst and qual and release them to the wild and no we do not hunt them for over 10 years now.  We plant feilds just for the deer and turkeys for them to eat. We spend hundreds of dollars a year helping the wild animals by food or releasing birds. We put up feeders around the pond for the ducks. I think most hunters fit in with my type of family. 

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2006, 04:57:44 PM »

And the public always remembers the assholes not the good ones. So the hunters get a bad rap.

You are no doubt right about that.? I've mentioned it before on this board, but I used to know a man that went bow hunting for deer.? I don't believe for one second that he did it to control the deer population, because he like deer meat, or anything like that.? He did because he enjoyed killing things.? How do I know that?? Well, there are a couple of reasons.? He would get bored waiting for a deer to shoot at (and miss, most of the time!) so he would start shooting squirrels.? What's the point of that?? Then when he hit a squirrel that didn't die right away, he'd run over with his knife and cut its throat to be "humane".? He also loved it if he saw a cat or dog get hit by a car.? If it wasn't dead yet, he'd run over and cut its throat, and then act as though he had done some noble thing.? He was the one of the biggest assholes I've ever known.? Now, I realize that he's most likely not representative of all hunters.? But he's the only hunter I've ever spent any time around.

I wonder, why bow hunt at all?? If you were just hunting because you like deer meat, then why not use the most efficient means necessary to kill it?? If bow hunting is more challenging or sporting or whatever, then obviously you are killing the deer for the fun of it and not the food.

And I'll restate what I said before.? I'm not "against" hunting and I'm not a vegetarian.? But I don't understand what makes a person want to kill an animal.? Clearly, they get something more out of it than meat.? I'm not saying it's evil or wrong, but there is more to it than good food.? ?

I feel the same way as you do on this.? No matter how accurate you are, bow hunting is "stabbing" a deer to death.? You cause internal injuries that cause them to bleed to death.? With a firearm, if the bullet doesn't do it alone, the trauma caused from the bullet certainly will.? My biggest complaint with bow hunting is that anyone can buy a bow and hunt, with no training.? While the same is true with a rifle, it's so much easier to be accurate with a gun - it's the original point and click interface.? The libertarian in me doesn't want to outlaw bow hunting or restrict it, but the humane side sees bow hunting as hurtful and unnecessary.? My cousin has shot a few deer with his bow that "got away" and I know others that have as well.? I'm not a bow hunter, so maybe there's something I'm missing.? I liek to think you can love the animal and enjoy the sport at the same time.? I find firearms season to meet that criteria alright, I'm not sure about bow hunters though.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2006, 05:51:09 PM »

Randall congrats on getting a large buck! What state are you from?

For those who complain about hunting you all need to go live in rural Ohio. You would be amazed at the amount of deer that get hit by vehicles, and the over population of the White Tail Deer. Hunting is made for a reason and the reason is to control the population. In Ohio the Deer gun season should be expanded because the limit on deer and the harvest is not enough. For anyone that has hit a Deer you know the damage that can be done to a vehicle, check out your counties accident reports you would be amazed at the amount of Deer and car accidents that happen on a given day.
For the hunters that go hunting, majority of them do it because of the closeness to the wildlife, some people even do it because its a family tradition.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2006, 06:03:08 PM »

Killing animals for fun, how fucking pathetic is that? no and don't give me any of that over population crapp, over here we've got government agencies who take care of that....No need for anyone to go out hunting? ok
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2006, 07:22:06 PM »

Killing animals for fun, how fucking pathetic is that? no and don't give me any of that over population crapp, over here we've got government agencies who take care of that....No need for anyone to go out hunting? ok

Hey genius, what do you think those government agencies do?? Excuse me if I don't rush to the idea of giving governement more power and control while destroying an American tradition.? I fail to see how your burger is morally better than my venison steak.? Though I could argue mine is since it lived a real and happy life in nature and suffered a painless death.? Can the same be said about your last meal?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 07:28:52 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2006, 08:27:37 PM »

Let one total your car and maybe you might have a slight change of heart.? I think white-tail deer are beautiful animals.? Hunting allows me a very intimate and close relationship to observe and watch them.?

If you really want to understand hunting, listen to this song: http://home.comcast.net/~gunsnrockmusic/Buckmasters.mp3
this song gets the point across perfectly.

Edit:? corrected link.? I hope some of you listen to it
I dont think the deer think its such an intimate and close relationship to scope them out and kill em, damn.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2006, 10:16:15 PM »

Cut Randall some slack.  That buck didn't suffer, and Randall didn't waste it by making it a trophy.  Roll Eyes

If hunting never happened, the human species never would have come so far. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: