Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  December 2 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 2 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center  (Read 112333 times)
yankeeman32
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: December 03, 2006, 01:01:02 PM »

What an utterly amazing and spectacular performance that was both captivating and grab you by the balls exciting.  This is my first review of a show, but I have attended 4 previous concerts in the past to include the Ames, Iowa show on Friday the 1st.  First off,  I would like to say hello again to Asian Styles and Funky Monkey who sat to either side of me in Section 111 Row A.  It was very nice to meet the both of you and I am happy that your first GN'R concert was so damn awesome and by want I have read about other reviews from previous shows on this tour, undoubtedly the best show of the TOUR!!

First off,  Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW) did a very good job of opening the show.  Sebastian is a very good singer with a very clear and powerful voice.  He give a very good performance and really interacts with the crowd and gets the place primed for the rest of the night.  He sang all of his biggest hits from back in the day and sang some new songs that he told us about which he has on his myspace webpage or are otherwise are on YouTube.

I didn't watch Helmet's set as I was up and walking around the Target Center and talking with other concert attendees.  In my opinion, you could probably do away with Helmet's portion of the concert or any third musical act.  I understand the Axl and the band like to go on late, but just start the show say at 9 instead of 8 and let Sebastian Bach and Skid Row have a longer setlist.  This is just my opinion and I guess it wasn't a big deal and 2 openers (3 if you include Suicide girls) just gives you more bang for the buck for your ticket purchase.

Now on to the MAIN EVENT:

The Target Center was overall about 75 percent full.  The General Admission floor was very full, the lower level reserved seats were about 95% full, and the upper level was about 30-40% full.  After Helmet finished their set (Done at 11:15)  there was only a 30 minute wait until you heard the first chords for Welcome to the Jungle.

First let my talk about Axl and his performance.  He seemed to be in a very good mood through out the show and talked to the crowd a couple of times.  He talked about it being cold outside and how that we were a bunch of  "Tough Motherfuckers" for being able to handle the cold weather and how that he was from Indiana and how back in the day he had to get the "Fuck out of Dodge" becasue partly of the cold weather.  It was great to see that he still is so dynamic in his performance.  He has awesome stage presence and ran back and forth across the stage several times during the concert and jumped, danced, spun, swayed, and grooved all night long.  For being 44 years old and doing what he does is breathtaking.  In my opinion and a lot of people would agree me, he is one of, if not the the best frontman of a Rock N' Roll band.

Axl's voice was very, very powerful.  The sound and mix of the band was spot on.  Axl's singing was awesome and there weren't any technical problems that I could tell.  Axl's voice held up through the entire concert and was very clear.  He didn't have a lot of the gravelly or gritty style to his voice nor did his voice sound like he was on Helium.

Now on to the some of the Highlights from the show.  Obviously, tingles went down my spine when you heard "Do you know were the Fuck you are?"!!  Welcome to the Jungle is such a great opening song the crowd went apeshit.  WTTJ was followed in succesion by It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone.  These 3 songs at the beginning just electrify the crowd and create so much energy.  The band played these in Rapid fire and after the third song is when Axl talked for the first time to the Crowd.  The next song was Live and Let Die.  This song was done very well and the use of the PYRO was insane.  The explosions and the fireballs were syched for great affect.

The first new song to be played was "Better".  The band really nailed this song and Axl's singing was incredible.  Watching a bootleg of this song doesn't do it justice.  Axl gave 110% percent on this one.   He was singing like a screaming Banshee especially during the verses of:  I never wanted you to be so full of Anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else, I never wanted you to be someone to be afraid to know themselves, I only wanted you to see things for yourself.  Axl absolutely crushed this song.  I was in awe.  He sang with such power and feeling.  One of many highlights.  My only gripe about this and all of the other leaked songs was that he didn't tell the audience the names of the songs.  I know it isn't a big deal, but you would think that saying the song name would help give a more lasting impression of the song for those that were hearing them for the first time.

ROBIN FINCK:  He was very impressive and my favorite of the 3 guitarist (4 if you count base guitar).  Robin's solo was very passionate and you can tell that he really gets into his playing.  His solo was bluesy and very well done.  He also handled most of the guitard leads for most of the Appetite songs during the show and you all know that he does a huge portion of the Lead stuff for the new songs.  I really liked his style and he is more than capable at what he does.  His sole led into Sweet Child O' Mine.  The crowd really sang along to this one and once again Robin handled the lions share of guitar on this song.

Next came Knockin on Heavens Door.  This song was done o.k.  This newer arrangement is not my favorite.  It is slowed down some from the Use Your Illusion version.  The song has a more mellow groove now and the Audience sing along portion seemed out of place or in the wrong spot of the song in my opinion.  Instead of being in the middle portion of the song it was towards the end.  During this portion there were hints of the Freddie Mecury benefit concert Reggae style but also a kind of physcadelic vibe as well.  Also the sing along portion just didnt have that intensity that I was accustome too, but like I said it was a different version than Use Your Illusion recording and it was still good, but just different.

YOU COULD BE MINE:  What a kick ass song.  One of the all time G&R greats.  Having seen several bootlegs of this song, I knew what to expect but was still amazed.  All of the layers of synthesizers and sound affects at the beginning of the song by Chris Pittman just add a extra helping of Spectacular.  You can really tell that this is one of the Band's favorite songs to play and for Axl to sing.  The band was just awesome during this song (and for the whole show) and played with extra intensity.  Ron Thal a.k.a Bumblefoot did a few of the leads on this song.  I also if I saw correctly came to the rescue of Robin Finck.  It looked as if that Robin broke a string during this song and went back stage to get a different guitar.  Upon seeing this Bumblefoot ran from the left side of the stage over to the far right side to take over on lead guitar for a solo.  I am not exactly sure if this is want happened, but anyways all 3 guitarist were awesome on this one.  Axl also just was ear peircing on this one.  Such intensity and passion.  Of course I was singing along and tried to hold the notes as long as Axl.  Tried being the optimum word.  I don't know how he can run back and forth and still hit all of the notes and hold them for so long.  SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

DIZZY REED:  His solo followed YCBM and Funky Monkey told be it was a song title "Angie".  He can play the piano very well and I think his playing adds a lot to the overall sound of G&R.  Just one of many reasons that I like G&R so much is the key addition of the piano in some of their songs.  Yesterdays, Estranged, November Rain, Pretty Tied Up to name just a few.  Of course Dizzy's solo segwayed into "The Blues".

THE BLUES:  This is also a very awesome song and nobody does power ballads better than AXL and company.  The lyrics to this song are awesome and Robin's guitar style add so much to this song.  Of course Axl's singing and point of view for this song are vital.  This is the only song were Axl had problems.  He was back stage during Dizzy's solo and when he came back out to sing this song his voice seemed off.  It was only for about the first 1/3 of the song.  His kind of sounded like he had a frog in his voice.  It was kind of going from high to low and back up again at weird times.  It only lasted for the first third of the song and from then on his Voice got very powerful again and the last 1/3 of the song was awesome and some of his better singing of the night.

Axl and the Band next played "Down here on the Farm".  This is one of the better songs for me from "The Spaghetti Incident".  Axl was having a lot of fun on this one and commented at the end of the song on how they had to something different.

Part Two to follow:
yankeeman32
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: December 03, 2006, 01:02:29 PM »

RICHARD FORTUS SOLO:  His solo was okay and then Robin came back out and they did a combined guitar solo.  I have seen some other reviews and it was said that the combined guitar solo was "Beautiful" by Christina Aquilera.  I have seen a bootleg video of them doing this before, but to me it didn't seem to like they did this.  I guess I am not sure.  This slow solo led into OUT TO GET ME.  Needless to say the transition to this song was a little akward.

"Out to Get Me" is a very hard hitting song and they played the hell out of this song.  Axl's voice was spectacular.  The Pyro also was kick-ass for this song.  Overall if I remember the setlist correctly this song came between the Solo and followed by November Rain.

Of course everyone sang along to November Rain and Axl played the piano for this song as per usual.  The cool part about this song was that each of the 3 guitarist played a different guitar solo.  The crowd really got into this song.  I enjoyed it as well but I would have much preferred to hear "Estranged".  November Rain was followed by Used to Lover Her.

I.R.S. was  the 3rd of the 5 leaked tracks to play.  This song was also done very well.  It did seem thought that compared to some other versions of the song I have seen bootlegs of that Axl might have changed the order of some of the lyrics.

BUMBLEFOOT SOLO:  His solo was his tapping and shredding followed by him doing the guitar portion of "Don't Cry".  Several in the audience really got into his freaky fingerwork and yelled and screamed.  I liked the "Don't Cry" portion more than the other portion.  Overall, Ron was very engaged with audience the whole show and his contribution to the new songs was very good. 

MY MICHELLE:  Sebastian came out for this song to sing with Axl.  This song is one of my least favorites off of Appetite for Destruction, but seeing it live the song was much better.  Sebastian did a very good job singing his parts and it made Axl step up the intensity when he sang.  Overall, this song was very heavy and the live version is much better than the studio version.

Next was a song that my brother and I both wanted to hear as well as Funky Monkey from this forum sitting next to me wanted to hear as well.  When the first few notes of this song were played and everyone realizes what song it was, the place went crazy.  Of course I am talking about "ROCKET QUEEN".  This song is amazing.  Axl owned this one and the guitar solo by Richard Fortus was spot on.  The crowd was signing every word to this song and the last part of the song is extraordinary.  This song was followed by "Patience".

Last but not least:

NIGHTRAIN:  The live version of this song is one of the best live songs by G&R.  The opening with the cow bell is just cooler than shit.  The entire song just rocks from beginning to end and the extended instrumental jam of several minutes with everyone playing their combined asses off creates a crescendo of energy and frenzy.  This is a great song to end with used to dramatic affect to set up the encore.

ENCORE:

Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
Paradise City

The 2 new/leaked songs were better live than any previous bootlegs I have seen.  The band was very tight for both songs and Axl put a lot of effort into them.  The bad part was that most of the crowd didn' know what they were and after the playing of Nightrain, the crowd seemed confused and/or unsure of what it was they were getting.  Once again as stated earlier, it would have been beneficial in my eyes if Axl would have told the crowd the names of these songs and made mention of the fact that these were potential songs for the new album "Chinese Democracy".

PARADISE CITY:  This song is an absolute killer song to end a show.  The band and Axl went bonkers on this and the pyro and confetti brought absolute pandomonium to the Target Center.  This song was custom made to be performed live and the musical gymnastics was awesome.  Everyone in the band was running around during this and the energy in the place was astronomical.  I was on cloud nine and in euphoria. 

All in all this show was undoubtedly the BEST G&R show that I have been to.  The crowd was captivated and Axl gave a top notch performance.  To be able to give a performance like this at the age of 44 and run around and sing with such pure unadulterated passion and control is highly impressive.  Axl's stage presence, singing abiity, and overall charisma are a huge reason G&R became so damn succesful and the new line-up of muscians more than hold their own.  The 5 leaked/new songs are current and original and if and when Chinese Democracy hits the stores the album will be a huge success.

Judging by the response of the crowds reactions and the overall energy of the night, the concert was more than a success, but a triumph of live performance.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2006, 01:22:30 PM »

Yes - Robin did run backstage for a new guitar. I was on the side of the stage where his guitars were at.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2006, 02:29:43 PM »

Well, I start off by getting there about 8:16 - just in time for the end of the Suicide Girl's. The blonde one who said that she LOVED MPLS was pretty hot. They ended their show.

About 10 to 15 minutes later, Sebastain Bach and his band came out. They were fuckin' amazing, Bach's vocal's kicked hella ass, and he mentioned that last time he was in Minneapolis, he was Jesus Christ. He also said he's been waitin' 10 years to come back and play the Target Center. I've got a small video clip of one of his songs on my phone. One of the highlights of his set was the Myspace/Youtube rant. He goes on to say that the song they're going to play next has like 350,000 views on youtube. And then goes on to say 'your tube, his tube, her tube, my tube, She doesn't have a tube, but I've got a tube, you want my tube?'. Audience responded very well.

Then, after Bach's set, Tyler and I went and walked around the venue, I went out for a couple smokes n' then I have a homeless black man two bucks, just 'cause I was in a good mood tonight. Went back inside, and Helmet started playing, they sucked. So we just walked around, I got my poster. It kicks mucho ass. Helmet finished about...I'd say 11:15 - and according to Event Staff, they're suposed to end at 11:10, so that wasn't bad.

Next, Gn'R flag backdrop raises to the top and the wait begins. About 10 to 15 minutes later I see Frank backstage drumming on some pratice pads. And, see Robin's Guitar tech tune the guitars. And then, the intro music starts! The whole crowd is on their feet and pumped. They start playin' the Welcome To The Jungle teaser, and then Axl comes out, D'ya know where the fuck you are! The crowd erupted. They break into It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, and Live And Let Die. The pyro was...stunning, the heatwave that rushed over the crowd was so warm and toasty. Almost like a blanket fresh outta the dryer.

Anyways, after that they played Better, which from the few rows in section 129 that I was able to hear, no one knew the song but me and the drunk man sitting next to Tyler. Then Robin's out for his first solo, and man, I don't know about the rest of the Center, but my section was LOVING it! No one was sitting, no one was doing anything but enjoying it, well, the guys behind me were smokin' a bowl. Anyways, Robin runs backstage, and from my seat - I could see almost everything goin' down - Robin's tech handed him the Les Paul, and I shouted Sweet Child, and then Robin took it away, I think the people I was around were suprised that I was able to know what's comin' up next.

And, right along into Knockin' On Heavens Door we go, the whole fuckin' place seemed like it was singin' along. I think the highlight of this song, was when Axl said we've got one more left, and then went into knock, knock, knockin' on heavens door. That whole segment, from where I was, the vocals were 100% spot on, I almost choked on my cigarette. Then, Frank started pounding away the drums for You Could Be Mine. The pyro was warming once again (as I'm sittin' here freezing).

Anyways, The Band starts to jam, so I knew The Blues was next. Once again, I was the only sober person near me that knew the song and was all the way into it. I turned to Tyler and I was like, watch Axl's goin' to get on the Piano in about 20 seconds, I no longer got done saying that, and sure as shit, there he is! Then another lil' mini jam, and then Down On The Farm. Man, the crowd was so fuckin' into it, it was surreal. Perhaps the best song of the night for me, since I've been wanting to see it since they played it this year. After Down On The Farm came the band introduction and then Richard came n' did his solo, and then Robin came out and they had their nightly duet. That was kickass, once again, very few people sitting here also. Then they broke into 'Out Ta Bite Me'. At the end, Axl was like 'they can't bite me'. It was funny, so I yelled 'fuck the swedish police' and I don't think anyone knew what I was talkin' about. Then out came the piano once again, for November Rain. Axl did a lil' solo, and then went into the song. At the end, after they put the piano Axl threw something into the crowd, and put his rings back on. Through out the show however, I saw Beta grooving n' having a great time (Please tell the band thanks for the great show, Beta!)

NickM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2006, 03:09:40 PM »

Here my review-

I got there at around 6:45, before the place was open. We parked in my dads spot beneath his work, and walked from there to the Target Center. There were plenty of people in line to get in first (probably 200), but right when we got there, they annouced that the two gates to the right were open, so my friend and were about 5th and 6th in that line. We got in and sprinted full speed to where they sell the shirts. We both got there, bought a shirt, and then sprinted into the place. When we walked in, the whole first row was full, and there were about 2 more rows towards the center. We went right inbetween the far right and the center, first row. We waited there for about 15 minutes until the lights dimmed.

A band from St. Louise, Modern Day Zero's, came on. The singer did a good job pumping everyone up. They had a good drummer, and two great guitarists. I dident like the voice of the singer though, just wasent my style of music. Anway, they played a good 5 songs and said there goodbyes.

Suicide girls came on next. They danced to some popular songs (Hells Bells, Black Betty, ect). Seemed like most of the crowd was enjoying it. They did a scene on the right side about 3 feed away from me. One girl god ducttaped and tied to a chair, and the other was "tortureing" her. They got almost completly nude, exept they had a little black "X" over there nips. They were really flexible, and pretty good dancers. They sprayed water on all of us to, so that felt good. My overall rating ====drooling eek unibrow

We waited another 15 minutes, and then Baz came out. He was on FIRE!!! He talked to the crowd a bunch, dedicated a song to the troops,ect. He played all the Skidrow greats like 18 and Life, I Remember You, Youth Gone Wild, and Monkey Business. He also played some new song that he said was on YouTube and his Myspace. Overall, Bach did and awsome job pumping up the crowd, and his voice was fantastic!

At around 10:00, Helmet came on. They played Unsung first, and I thought it was great, but the lead singers voice sounded nothing like on the album. It seemed like they kept playing the same thing over and over agian, very repitive. I got pretty bored of them after 10 minutes. They got off stage around 11:00 or 11:15.

Another half hour rolls by, then it goes pitch black and you here "YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!, and the place explodes! Everysang along with Welcome to the Jungle, it was insane.

Axl's voice was unbeliable. He was spot on all night long, full strength. I don't think he ever missed a note! He made the crowd go nuts! He did the usual running back and forth, spinning, and his dance. Axl is one of the best frontmen in rock ever. It is so worth buying a ticket to listen to this guy, just incredible.

Robin Fink played most of the leads. He did great! At one point, he lost a pick and had to play without one, and his finger got pretty bloody. There was blood all over the guitar..A string also broke and bubblefoot ran in to do the solo. Fink was very into his music. He got the crowd sucked in with his moves. I got eye contact from him at least 3 times, and two in a row, he looked directly at me (i'm 14), and gritted his teeth and smiled for at least 3 seconds, then he flicked a pick, but it fell to the ground, but the guard picked it up and gave it to my friend (right next to me), and my friend then gave it to me (he dosent play guitar). Anyway, I have a new guitar idle! Plus at the end during Paradise City, he jumped down the stage RIGHT AT ME! ALl the people in front reached out and touched his guitar/him.

Bubblefoot's solo was incredible. It was don't cry mixed in with his own type of jazzy/bluessy thing. Like somebody eles posted, "Slash would be Jeleous". Throughout the concert he put on quite a show. I have no idea how he plays when he's moving around like he dose. Its great. He also jumped down at the end and let everyone touch his guitar, witch some people tried to grab and take until security game in.

Richard- Not much to say about him, exept his solo was incredible. He made eye contact with me multiple times, and his guitar was pretty cool. He is a great guitarist, and fits in perfectly with the band.

Dizzy did an awsome job on the keyboard/piano. My dad (great piano player) was insanly impressed with his piano solo. He has a hell of a lot of skill with the keys. Him and Axl get along perfectly.

Ferrer did a great job on the drums, but I dident really get to see him at all.

My favorite songs of the night were Jungle, Mr. Brownsone, LALD (awsome fire on this song), Sweet Child O' Mine, YCBM, Night Train, Paradise City, well hell, it was all great. Baz and Axl nailed My Michelle. Axl's voice overpowered Bachs, but they were still both increidble.

I got THE BEST cell phone pics you will ever see. They look great, but when I enlarge them they probably wont be so hot. I don't have the software to put the pics on the computer right now, but i'll download when I find it. I also have one of Fink looking directly into the camera, and one of the whole band "Modern Day Zero" holding they beers up to me in the crowd.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 08:06:18 PM by NickM » Logged
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2006, 07:48:39 PM »

Well all, it was an amazing show.  It was fun!  Thanks everyone for sharing in the wait with me.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2006, 09:03:47 PM »

Well, I start off by getting there about 8:16 - just in time for the end of the Suicide Girl's. The blonde one who said that she LOVED MPLS was pretty hot. They ended their show.

About 10 to 15 minutes later, Sebastain Bach and his band came out. They were fuckin' amazing, Bach's vocal's kicked hella ass, and he mentioned that last time he was in Minneapolis, he was Jesus Christ. He also said he's been waitin' 10 years to come back and play the Target Center. I've got a small video clip of one of his songs on my phone. One of the highlights of his set was the Myspace/Youtube rant. He goes on to say that the song they're going to play next has like 350,000 views on youtube. And then goes on to say 'your tube, his tube, her tube, my tube, She doesn't have a tube, but I've got a tube, you want my tube?'. Audience responded very well.

Then, after Bach's set, Tyler and I went and walked around the venue, I went out for a couple smokes n' then I have a homeless black man two bucks, just 'cause I was in a good mood tonight. Went back inside, and Helmet started playing, they sucked. So we just walked around, I got my poster. It kicks mucho ass. Helmet finished about...I'd say 11:15 - and according to Event Staff, they're suposed to end at 11:10, so that wasn't bad.

Next, Gn'R flag backdrop raises to the top and the wait begins. About 10 to 15 minutes later I see Frank backstage drumming on some pratice pads. And, see Robin's Guitar tech tune the guitars. And then, the intro music starts! The whole crowd is on their feet and pumped. They start playin' the Welcome To The Jungle teaser, and then Axl comes out, D'ya know where the fuck you are! The crowd erupted. They break into It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, and Live And Let Die. The pyro was...stunning, the heatwave that rushed over the crowd was so warm and toasty. Almost like a blanket fresh outta the dryer.

Anyways, after that they played Better, which from the few rows in section 129 that I was able to hear, no one knew the song but me and the drunk man sitting next to Tyler. Then Robin's out for his first solo, and man, I don't know about the rest of the Center, but my section was LOVING it! No one was sitting, no one was doing anything but enjoying it, well, the guys behind me were smokin' a bowl. Anyways, Robin runs backstage, and from my seat - I could see almost everything goin' down - Robin's tech handed him the Les Paul, and I shouted Sweet Child, and then Robin took it away, I think the people I was around were suprised that I was able to know what's comin' up next.

And, right along into Knockin' On Heavens Door we go, the whole fuckin' place seemed like it was singin' along. I think the highlight of this song, was when Axl said we've got one more left, and then went into knock, knock, knockin' on heavens door. That whole segment, from where I was, the vocals were 100% spot on, I almost choked on my cigarette. Then, Frank started pounding away the drums for You Could Be Mine. The pyro was warming once again (as I'm sittin' here freezing).

Anyways, The Band starts to jam, and then Dizzy started Angie, so I knew The Blues was next. Once again, I was the only sober person near me that knew the song and was all the way into it. I turned to Tyler and I was like, watch Axl's goin' to get on the Piano in about 20 seconds, I no longer got done saying that, and sure as shit, there he is! Then another lil' mini jam, and then Down On The Farm. Man, the crowd was so fuckin' into it, it was surreal. Perhaps the best song of the night for me, since I've been wanting to see it since they played it this year. After Down On The Farm came the band introduction and then Richard came n' did his solo, and then Robin came out and they had their nightly duet. That was kickass, once again, very few people sitting here also. Then they broke into 'Out Ta Bite Me'. At the end, Axl was like 'they can't bite me'. It was funny, so I yelled 'fuck the swedish police' and I don't think anyone knew what I was talkin' about. Then out came the piano once again, for November Rain. Axl did a lil' solo, and then went into the song. At the end, after they put the piano Axl threw something into the crowd, and put his rings back on. Through out the show however, I saw Beta grooving n' having a great time (Please tell the band thanks for the great show, Beta!)

After throwing something into the crowd, Axl then busted into I Feel Good. That was a shocker, since it hasn't been played since Rock In Rio. Personally, since I'm a huge Door's fan, I'd rather of heard Light My Fire, but this was an amazing suprise. Then, after I Feel Good, Used To fuckin' Love Her started, the few rows by me once again erupted. Love Her ended, and then Ron took it away with IRS. Yet again, I was the only sober person in the rows by me that knew the song word for word. The very long 'true' scream, totally owns. I know I've said IRS is too cliche, but live, brings it some justice in my opinion.

And, Mr. Ron Thal came up and did his shreding and then Don't Cry. After, Axl introduced Bach once again, for My Michelle. Baz totally owned! I really loved it, and it was just pure magic, Baz reminds me of a lil' kid on coke though how he's always running around, but the man is a great asset to any band, he's got the livly hood new age Rock n' Roll is missing. The 'get up n' go' attitude. Next, Frank did a lil' drum jam, and then blew straight into Rocket Queen. The guys behind me went nuts! They were talkin' about it before the show started, and sure as shit it was played. To be honest, it brought a tear to my eye. Rocket Queen's a very personal song for me, and I was suposed to be there with my girlfriend, but she couldn't attend. It made me kinda sad not to share that moment with her, but it was alright, I was just glad they played it. And they went into Patience. Gotta love the drunk bimbos about 3 rows behind me singing more off key then anything I've heard before. But, the song was great once they shut up. Went through a pack of smokes by this time, and was on my second pack.

Then, Axl grabed the train whistle, and signaled for Nightrain! Man, was I ready to crash and burn, the vocals were fucking surreal. He was spot on, easily better then any bootleg I've ever heard (I've got every audio show out there so I know what I am talking about). This performance blew the shit outta the water compared to any other performanced of it, old or new. At the end of the night, Axl goes 'Good fuckin' night' and walked off stage. By this time throughout the show he's blown his nose twice. After that, everyone was wondering what was going to be next, so I'm shouting Chinese Democracy for a minute or two, and then Robin came on and started the intro to it. I jumped back up 'cause I sat down because my back was killing me and I needed to crack it. Yes, again, I was the only person in the rows that I could see/hear that knew the track word for word. Then, right after Democracy ended, straight into Madagascar. Pitman kicked major ass on this track. And then, Paradise City came! Everyone and their mom's was singing along, it was so fucking fun. Then the confetti cannons went off, and the pyro/fireworks show. The songs ends and they walk off stage, and then came back and took a bow. Then they walked off stage again, and Axl came back again and said that he had a good fucking time and Tommy came up and said that he had a great time also, and that it was great to be home, or something to that effect.

I made eye contact with Robin, Ron and Axl a few times. Loved the bit where Axl spoke about our weather up here, I don't fuckin' blame him. Loved the suprises of DOTF and UTLH. Totally dug Beta dancin' to Better, that was fuckin' awesome!

Aunt Ger
Rocker

"Hello there, Oliver Pubee"

« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »

It's soooo great to hear positive feedback! Just love you guys on this board!!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2006, 09:58:12 PM »

Yes - Robin did run backstage for a new guitar. I was on the side of the stage where his guitars were at.

Hey, were you in the group of people that tried to come down next to the stage at the end of the show?  That was funny. I know you were in the same section as me, thats why I asked.  Man I thought my seats were perfect, right next to the platform.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2006, 09:59:36 PM »

Hey, were you in the group of people that tried to come down next to the stage at the end of the show?  That was funny. I know you were in the same section as me, thats why I asked.  Man I thought my seats were perfect, right next to the platform.

I walked down after Axl n' Tommy came back out n' then the security dude yelled at me and I started snappin' on him and shit. I had a white shirt with Axl's sketch on it and a leather jacket on, it must've been about 45 seconds after Axl walked off stage. I went down the right staircase.

NickM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2006, 10:05:55 PM »

"'Hey, were you in the group of people that tried to come down next to the stage at the end of the show?  That was funny. I know you were in the same section as me, thats why I asked.  Man I thought my seats were perfect, right next to the platform. ""

Were you about 6 feet tall, short brown hair, blue t-shirt/jeans, sitting right by 2 older woman?  If you were, then I say you got to get highfives and stuff from Baz and some other guys.  I was the kid on he floor that got the drumstick
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2006, 10:11:10 PM »

Hey, were you in the group of people that tried to come down next to the stage at the end of the show?? That was funny. I know you were in the same section as me, thats why I asked.? Man I thought my seats were perfect, right next to the platform.

I walked down after Axl n' Tommy came back out n' then the security dude yelled at me and I started snappin' on him and shit. I had a white shirt with Axl's sketch on it and a leather jacket on, it must've been about 45 seconds after Axl walked off stage. I went down the right staircase.

Haha, I didn't see that hub bub, I had aisle seats on the left staircase. People tried to walk down the aisle during the encore and there was a big hub bub with security.

We had to kick out some boobs that took our seats when we got to the venue at about 11pm. Some chick security guard with a mullet told us that we had to kick them out ourselves, that kind of pissed me off because the people where drunk as hell, you'd think security would ask them to leave. Plus, we had seats in row 4 & 5, so when some of my group left go get beer, people would keep coming down and sitting in our seats. ?Thank god the buddy I was with is like 6'4" 275lbs and he would play the tough guy role and get them to move. ?Then I would play peace maker. ?People taking our seats was the only shitty part of the whole night. ?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2006, 10:14:54 PM »

"'Hey, were you in the group of people that tried to come down next to the stage at the end of the show?? That was funny. I know you were in the same section as me, thats why I asked.? Man I thought my seats were perfect, right next to the platform. ""

Were you about 6 feet tall, short brown hair, blue t-shirt/jeans, sitting right by 2 older woman?? If you were, then I say you got to get highfives and stuff from Baz and some other guys.? I was the kid on he floor that got the drumstick

I am about 6ft, had a blue t-shirt on (I love hot moms).? But that wasn't me. I did not get any high fives. The people in the 1st row did get to shake hands with axl though, lucky fuckers. The best we got was Ron pointing to us during his don't cry solo, because we were singing the words as loud as we could.? God bless anyone that was on the floor, man it looked like a major mosh pit in some parts.

Oh, I did yell hi to beta and waved at her, she waved back! That was pretty cool too.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 11:22:23 PM by ipoopie » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
NickM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2006, 10:39:31 PM »

Yeah, it got pretty crazy at times.  I was trying hard not to get crushed agianst the gate.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2006, 11:20:56 PM »

This crowd was ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!  (insert headbanger smiley here)

danny9894
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: December 04, 2006, 10:50:42 AM »

First concer I have ever gone to period and wow I will definately see GNR again. I have watched concert vids for 5 years and I was so excited when that first note of WTTJ was played. It was like surreal, after watching it so many times on my computer I was so shocked I was actually witnessing it in person. It was kind of lame though that I was one of the only people in my area that new the lyrics to the new songs.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2006, 12:37:05 PM »

First concer I have ever gone to period and wow I will definately see GNR again. I have watched concert vids for 5 years and I was so excited when that first note of WTTJ was played. It was like surreal, after watching it so many times on my computer I was so shocked I was actually witnessing it in person. It was kind of lame though that I was one of the only people in my area that new the lyrics to the new songs.

Same. What section were you in?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2006, 02:43:59 PM »

Thanks for the great review yankeeman32 and thank you for posting it...I knew you had it in you.  It was very nice to have met you.  What a wonderful show, there was so much energy in the Target Center and the band and Axl sounded great.  I could not have asked for a better set list they played all of my favorites.  I had a lot of fun...when is the next tour! hihi

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:14:29 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #298 on: December 04, 2006, 03:45:20 PM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3C1WMJ6Z

My pictures from the show.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #299 on: December 04, 2006, 07:18:45 PM »

Everyone;

http://www.startribune.com/457/story/851386.html

Email tickets.com and let them know about this and state you want your money back. Let's get this dude outta the reviewing biz. This man shouldn't have a fuckin' job. I'm doin' it now. (Even though I know it was Axl...but still) That review is completely full of shit!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: