Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:03:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eagles Of Death Metal Kicked off Tour Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eagles Of Death Metal Kicked off Tour Thread  (Read 11427 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« on: November 27, 2006, 03:44:55 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/11/27/axl-gets-peeved-lou-reed-love-tai-chi-lohan-to-play-stevie-nicks/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 01:56:59 AM by destry rides again » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:16:53 PM »

thanks for posting ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 06:23:37 PM »

"Pigeons of Shit Metal." LMFAO! That's awesome.
fixintodie
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 06:49:38 PM »

I feel vindicated.
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

Some asshole posted as Jarmo on the RS page. no  Pretty sad.

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 07:07:35 PM »

Some asshole posted as Jarmo on the RS page. no? Pretty sad.

Some idiot does that on every blog that is posted about GNR on RS.  I know it's the same person repeatedly because they aren't even creative or funny.
ColdNovemberRain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 08:51:52 PM »

oohh snap Grin

Go 49ERS!!!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 09:00:50 PM »

Some asshole posted as Jarmo on the RS page. no? Pretty sad.

Some idiot does that on every blog that is posted about GNR on RS.? I know it's the same person repeatedly because they aren't even creative or funny.

Lots of Axl haters like to post too.  Why even post? The discourse in those comment sections reminds me of blabbermouth and Mygnr

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
fixintodie
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 11:02:42 PM »

Axl's music is good. There's is not. Let's face it - the fans decided, not Axl. Some people like a little talent to go with their posturing.

And EODM are now claiming they quit the tour.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 11:52:51 PM »

At first the audience refused to welcome us to the jungle, but by the time we took our final bow, it had become paradise city," reads a statement from the band released on Monday (November 27). "Although Axl tried to November rain on our parade, no sweet child o' mine can derail the EODM night train. We say live and let die."

As trite as their music.

On with the tour.... peace

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 02:00:16 AM »

I merged all these Eagles Of Death Metal threads together.

Please use this one for discussion and any future articles, as we don't need more than one thread for this.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 04:58:22 AM »

Axl's music is good. There's is not. Let's face it - the fans decided, not Axl. Some people like a little talent to go with their posturing.

I can say that the guy that drums for EODM on their albums (Josh Homme) has put out more good records (Kyuss/QOTSA) than Axl has since '93. So saying that there's no talent in the band is kind of a blind assumption. I'm not sure if Josh goes out on tour with them or not though. That being said EODM is lame. But Josh however is quite talented.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 05:05:10 AM »

I don't know one single song from this band, but I have to admit what Axl said is funny. He always cracks me up ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 05:07:36 AM »

josh is talented, QOTSA are good, but i dont think he tours with them all the time - and not on this tour (not 100% though).  FAir enough though, if the general consensus was they are shit, then there's no need for them to bring down the atmos.

Why the same couldnt have happened with bullet for my funeral i do not know!  if it wasnt for anythinggoes - they might not have had any fans...  rofl
fixintodie
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 05:34:16 AM »

I can say that the guy that drums for EODM on their albums (Josh Homme) has put out more good records (Kyuss/QOTSA) than Axl has since '93. So saying that there's no talent in the band is kind of a blind assumption. I'm not sure if Josh goes out on tour with them or not though. That being said EODM is lame. But Josh however is quite talented.

It's not a blind assumption when I've seen EODM twice (as support acts) and heard their first album. I've also seen QOTSA and heard about three of their albums too. So, it's an opinion. And Josh Homme is, in my opinion, a lousy drummer.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 05:51:44 AM »

"I want you so hard" is a good song (my earlier post was censored).? peace

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 06:42:11 AM »

Axl Update: Eagles of Death Metal Strike Back!
Earlier today, we told you how Eagles of Death Metal got booted from their opening slot on the Guns N? Roses tour after just one gig, with GNR fans booing them roundly and Axl calling them ?Pigeons of Shit Metal? during his set. Well, the Eagles have responded: ?At first the audience refused to welcome us to the jungle, but by the time we took our final bow, it had become paradise city. Although Axl tried to November rain on our parade, no sweet child o? mine can derail the EODM night train. We say live and let die.?

While the Eagles? rebuttal may be just as silly as Axl?s diss, big ups to them for not dipping so low as to mention Axl?s hideous cornrows, shaky voice, or how, you know, GNR?s new album has been delayed longer than the return of Christ.

-- Christian Hoard

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...al-strike-back/
PigeonOfSh!tMetal
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 06:45:37 AM »

GNR?s new album has been delayed longer than the return of Christ.

LOL! Awesome quote  rofl

A frown is a smile in an upside down world.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 07:06:55 AM »

Earlier today, we told you how Eagles of Death Metal got booted from their opening slot on the Guns N? Roses tour after just one gig, with GNR fans booing them roundly and Axl calling them ?Pigeons of Shit Metal? during his set. Well, the Eagles have responded: ?At first the audience refused to welcome us to the jungle, but by the time we took our final bow, it had become paradise city. Although Axl tried to November rain on our parade, no sweet child o? mine can derail the EODM night train. We say live and let die.?

While the Eagles? rebuttal may be just as silly as Axl?s diss, big ups to them for not dipping so low as to mention Axl?s hideous cornrows, shaky voice, or how, you know, GNR?s new album has been delayed longer than the return of Christ.

-- Christian Hoard

Thats a really lame and boring  come back from the band. This could have been the start of something grand, like gnr vs nirvana of the 21st century.

html sucks
PigeonOfSh!tMetal
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 07:08:42 AM »

-- Christian Hoard

Thats a really lame and boring? come back from the band. This could have been the start of something grand, like gnr vs nirvana of the 21st century.

EOD are hardly Nirvana though  hihi

They probably know not to take on the mighty Axl Rose, so they try and make a joke of it.

A frown is a smile in an upside down world.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: