Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 209307 times)
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2006, 11:14:15 PM »

That will be awesome.  Wish I could be there.  Has anyone heard that guy that Cantrell was talking about sing before?  Is he good as layne Staley?
superdave
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2006, 11:53:41 PM »

i dunno..... ive got mixed feelings about this.  im a diehard alice fan, and i dont know if i'll be comfortable seeing someone else take layne's place.  all i know is that that duvall guy has some pretty big shoes to fill.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2006, 11:56:15 PM »

There's no doubt about that.  But I'm guessing he must be bad ass if Cantrell is having him take the lead spot
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2006, 12:00:49 AM »

I heard on the radio today the Duff will be the bassist for Alice In Chains for several shows!
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2006, 12:01:48 AM »

Can I just say that the rebirth of true rock and roll is upon us!  Yeah!
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2006, 12:03:21 AM »

And I'm welcoming it with open arms  yes
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2006, 12:09:57 AM »

I'm a big fan of Alice but I don't know if anyone else can pull it off.  All this festival needs is Velvet Revolver so the original GNR would be on the same stage just at different times lol.  Why the hell don't we have festivals like this the US?  I want to see these bands at the same show too!  Actually I've seen the majority of them just would like to see them again.
conny
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2006, 12:25:09 AM »

Great news!

I wish Jerry would sing though...Layne will be missed at those shows.  Undecided

Now just gimme a Soundgarden reunion and 2006 is perfect.  Grin
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2006, 12:27:55 AM »

Great news, I love Alice In Chains, but why is this in the GN'R dicussion section?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Gunner2002
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2006, 12:32:04 AM »

Great news I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance---Geico
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2006, 12:37:20 AM »

I heard on the radio today the Duff will be the bassist for Alice In Chains for several shows!

Maybe rhythm guitar.  Mike Inez, one of the best in da biz, is AIC's bass player.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2006, 12:53:30 AM »

Maybe rhythm guitar.? Mike Inez, one of the best in da biz, is AIC's bass player.

Fuckin' A. He used to PLay with Ozzy too. Did you know he got credit for the Music to Ozzy's "No More Tears?" That's a sweet fucking song ok

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2006, 10:56:12 AM »

AIC is one of those bands, one of those UNDERrated bands... that shouldn't of lost their singer...

I miss Layne.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2006, 11:13:42 AM »

AIC is one of those bands, one of those UNDERrated bands... that shouldn't of lost their singer...

I miss Layne.

Yep and asshole media swept it under the carpet when he died

In other news, Layne Staley, former Singer for AIC died today, that's it ok bye
rant

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: The surviving members of ALICE IN CHAINS are regrouping for at least one live performance and perhaps many more, according to the band's publicist. The group has confirmed its appearance at the Nova Rock festival in Austria in mid-June, with more dates in Europe and North America being discussed. It has not yet been revealed who will sing lead vocals for the group. William DuVall, a member of ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell's solo touring band, will take the mic on March 10 when the group appears on a taping of the VH1 show, "Decades Rock Live!". It is not clear if DuVall will join ALICE IN CHAINS for any other appearances.

DuVall has performed ALICE IN CHAINS songs on tour with Cantrell, who told Launch that he was impressed with the way DuVall handled the material. "William's really a great singer, and he really did that stuff well," Cantrell said. "There are not too many cats that pull that stuff off, and he's one of the few that can. Very talented guy."

Cantrell, bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney performed together for the first time in nine years at a February 18, 2005 tsunami relief benefit in Seattle, Washington, playing with several different singers. ALICE IN CHAINS vocalist Layne Staley died in April of 2002.

The Nova Rock show will also feature METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES, TOOL, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, HARD-FI and more.

The "Decades Rock Live!" taping, which will take place at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, New Jersey, is a tribute to Seattle rockers HEART. A spring air date is expected to be announced soon.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
josh85
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2006, 08:02:48 PM »

ah man, i'm well excited! AIC are probably my favourate band of all time (am i allowed to say that on a gnr board?) of course it's never gonna be the same without layne but to see the rest of the guys playing live again is gonna be fucking awsome and i'll be damned if i don't get to go.

grunge music was an awsome scene when it came out and before it got confussed for some of those shite soundalikes by the media and ignorant youths alike. it's because of little wankers like silverchair, amongst others, that grunge has got this stroppy teenager stigma that now hangs over it.

while we're on the subject of alice in chains and grungs, it is imperitave that you add

mad season
temple of the dog
and, mother love bone

to you'r cd collections, they're all awsome albums and if you don't have them you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:22:37 PM by josh85 » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2006, 01:59:56 PM »

It's good to see that the original 3 from AIC are reforming.  Cantrell wrote almost everything in their catalog.  But it'll be strange to see them turing under the name AIC without Layne.  You know, it would be pretty amusing if GNR and AIC toured together. hihi 

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2006, 04:14:29 PM »

In the words of Jerry Cantrell, "There will be some Alice in Chains shows this year ? that's a fact."

There may even be a new record from the grunge rockers, who've been idle for close to 10 years. At this point, the guitarist said, all

he can really say is that the band is active, and that the remaining members of Alice ? himself, bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney ? will be taking the stage this summer to perform songs from the band's catalog.

"We're making it up as we go along," Cantrell explained. "It's what we always did in the past. We're writing the book as we live it. We feel confident that we will have a good time and that it's something that will live up to the same level. It's an exploratory thing, and we're just having fun with it. We'd like to go out and play for the people that supported us and love the music as much as we have all these years. We want to celebrate what we did and the memory of our friend."

That friend, of course, is late Alice frontman Layne Staley, who died in April 2002 from a mixture of heroin and cocaine (see "Layne Staley, Alice In Chains Singer, Dead At 34").

"We have played with some [singers] who can actually bring it and add their own thing to it without being a Layne clone," Cantrell explained, adding that the three remaining AIC members will be meeting with several would-be Staley proxies in the coming months, to front the group at European festival gigs. Alice in Chains have been listed as one of the acts performing at Austria's NovaRock Festival in June, but the guitarist said nothing's been confirmed yet.

"We're not interested in stepping on [Staley's] rich legacy," Cantrell said. "It's a tough thing to go through. Do you take the Led Zeppelin approach and never play again, because the guy was that important?" (In 1980, Zeppelin broke up after the death of drummer John Bonham.) "That's the approach we've taken for a lot of years. Or, do you give it a shot, try something? We're willing to take a chance on it. It's completely a reunion because the three of us who're left are back together. But it's not about separating and forgetting ? it's about remembering and moving on."

"We're going to go and play the songs one more time," said Kinney. "It seems like the right time, so I figure we'll go out and play a few gigs and see where it goes. I think we might just show up in assorted places in the U.S. in the next few months without much notice and play some clubs and little theaters, and then go to Europe and play these festival gigs. Beyond that, we don't know at this point."

In addition, Kinney said the band hopes to play several North American dates this summer. Cantrell, Kinney and Inez started jamming together late last year, and the reunion will get into full swing March 10, when the reunited Alice in Chains perform at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, New Jersey, as part of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live" homage to Heart. Former Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro, Velvet Revolver bassist Duff McKagan, "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood, Rufus Wainwright and Gretchen Wilson are also set to appear. Cantrell promised a host of other special guests during the show, but he wouldn't give names.

The band will perform with Comes With the Fall frontman William DuVall ? a member of Cantrell's touring band. And DuVall could, theoretically, be part of the Alice in Chains fold come this summer. "We've done some rehearsing with Will and we're having a lot of fun with him," Cantrell said. "But we're still in the beginning stages where we're trying to figure out what we want to do. He could cut it, without a doubt ? but we haven't made a final decision on that yet."

"If we found some other dude, I'd love to move on," Kinney said, "write some cool tunes and change the name and go on like that. I don't see continuing as Alice and replacing somebody. ... We're not trying to replace Layne. We want to play these songs one more time, and if it seems like the right thing to do, it'll happen. I don't know how long it will go or where it will take us. It's kind of a tribute to Layne and our fans, the people who love these songs. It's not some 'I'm broke and I need the money' situation. We love playing together."

Kinney said Alice in Chains had been approached by the producers of "Rock Star" for the reality show's second season. They turned the offer down.

BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2006, 01:38:16 PM »

this year is looking better and better for music.
we are being saved.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2006, 05:03:06 PM »

Two brand-new photos of ALICE IN CHAINS members Jerry Cantrell (guitar) Mike Inez (bass) and Sean Kinney (drums) rehearsing for their upcoming appearance at the taping of an episode of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!" have been posted online at Cantrell's official web site (both pictures feature VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan, who will also be making an appearance at the "Decades Rock Live!"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: