Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 209606 times)
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2006, 06:14:44 PM »

Cool to see Kinney and Inez again.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2006, 02:27:08 AM »

Yeah. It's great to see these guys back out on the road and kicking ass again. Layne went too soon but I am sure the rest of the band will make him proud.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2006, 10:50:55 AM »

some one has to say this- fuck the new alice in chains-? ?the only reason these guys are doing this is for the money-? ? what was A.I.C doing when Layne died?? i thought they were broken up to be honest-? ?nobody gave a rats ass about jerry cantrells solo work or what any of these other junkies did.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

i love A.I.C,? and im sure there are other ways for these guys to pay for their girlfriends boob-jobs-? put together a decent live DVD of old footage?? or licence songs to a few good movies-

who here thinks Dave Grohl and the the other guy from Nirvana (kirk?)? should get back together and tour around with someone singing kurts parts?? i think the tour would make millions- think of the T-shirt sales!? ?

hell we should put together a festival:
the new nirvana with the guy from Yellowcard singing
Alice In Chains redux
Elvis impersonaters
The Doors of the 21st century
Queen w/ paul rogers

somewhere up in rock n roll heaven Layne, Morrison and the guy from Queen are rolling in their graves.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 03:20:35 PM by damien24 » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »

dude, alice in chains disbanded cuz Layne was too fucked up and refused any help. don't know all the particulars, but you might wanna review all the facts before you run your mouth. rant

I think it's fantastic that the remaining members have managed to reunite and I hope to be able to see a bootleg or go see them if they actually tour in Canada.

And the bass player from Nirvana is named Krist Tongue and no they shouldn't cuz Kurt was the driving force behind Nirvana.

AIC was a collaborative effort with everyone contributing. if anyone did more song writing than others, it was prolly cantrell.

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2006, 11:47:25 AM »

Layne went too soon...
Yeah it's a shame, although he was already gone before he left this world.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »

The reunited ALICE IN CHAINS have lined up the following European dates during the spring/summer:

May 26 - Super Bock Super Rock - POR
May 28 - Madrid Festimad - Madrid, SPA
Jun. 02 - Rock am Ring - N?rburgring, GER
Jun. 03 - Rock im Park - N?rnberg, GER
Jun. 04 - Gods of Metal - Milan, ITA
Jun. 10 - Download - Donington Park, UK
Jun. 11 - Download - Dublin, IRE
Jun. 15 - Novarock Festival - Nickelsdorf, AUT
Jun. 16 - Provinssirock Festival - Sein?joki, FIN
Jun. 17 - Hultsfred Festival - Hultsfred, SWE
Jun. 24 - Graspop Metal Meeting - Dessel, BEL
Jun. 25 - Hellfest - Clisson, FRA
Jun. 26 - Razzmatazz - Barcelona, SPA
Jun. 27 - Macumba - Madrid, SPA
Jul. 01 - Waldrock - Burgum, NETH @ Holland
Jul. 02 - Goffert Park - Nijmegen, NETH

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2006, 09:09:10 PM »

dude, alice in chains disbanded cuz Layne was too fucked up and refused any help. don't know all the particulars, but you might wanna review all the facts before you run your mouth. rant

I think it's fantastic that the remaining members have managed to reunite and I hope to be able to see a bootleg or go see them if they actually tour in Canada.

And the bass player from Nirvana is named Krist Tongue and no they shouldn't cuz Kurt was the driving force behind Nirvana.

AIC was a collaborative effort with everyone contributing. if anyone did more song writing than others, it was prolly cantrell.

Exactly, Jerry Cantrell wrote 90% of AIC's music and lyrics, check the album's credits for reinforcement.
I think it's great that they're touring again, because I missed seeing them play live back in their day ok

And how can you say it's about the money? If they started touring as soon as Layne died (to cash in on his death) then maybe you could say that, but it's been 4 years since he passed on. Get over it.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2006, 09:13:10 PM »

some one has to say this- fuck the new alice in chains-? ?the only reason these guys are doing this is for the money-? ? what was A.I.C doing when Layne died?? i thought they were broken up to be honest-? ?nobody gave a rats ass about jerry cantrells solo work or what any of these other junkies did.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

i love A.I.C,? and im sure there are other ways for these guys to pay for their girlfriends boob-jobs-? put together a decent live DVD of old footage?? or licence songs to a few good movies-

who here thinks Dave Grohl and the the other guy from Nirvana (kirk?)? should get back together and tour around with someone singing kurts parts?? i think the tour would make millions- think of the T-shirt sales!? ?

hell we should put together a festival:
the new nirvana with the guy from Yellowcard singing
Alice In Chains redux
Elvis impersonaters
The Doors of the 21st century
Queen w/ paul rogers

somewhere up in rock n roll heaven Layne, Morrison and the guy from Queen are rolling in their graves.

You are a very angry young man aren't you? hihi

Can't you simply enjoy the fact that these guys are all still out and about and playing music for people that still want to hear it?

Estranged One
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2006, 08:57:24 AM »

I am a HUGE AIC fan and have read both sides from you guys and have to say a couple of things.? I don't think it is about just the money.? Musicians love to play, it's what they do.? AIC was a fantastic band, so it is not that strange the band would want to record again.

With that said, someone talked about Kurt being the force behind Nirvana.? That is inarguably true.? BUT is not Dave pretty good in his own right? And what about Krist??? I think the SAME is true about Layne Staley.? Yeah, (Sadly) Layne was indeed pretty fucked up on Heroin at the end, but wasn't Kurt also pretty deep into the abyss of drugs??? Layne had a VERY unique voice and I think he was the driving force behind the Chains very much similar to the way Kurt was to Nirvana.? NO KURT=NO NIRVANA? ? ?NO LAYNE=NO ALICE IN CHAINS.   

This is kind of going out into left field now, but since there are some AIC fans here...Does ANYBODY have info on where I can get "Bite the Bullet"?? It is from the infamous "treehouse demos'' and is the ONLY legit song I don't have by AIC.

Thanks!?
?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 09:47:15 AM by Estranged One » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2006, 09:09:06 AM »

would it have been different if they had in a alternative universe, fired layne say after the third album and got another singer? would they still be "cashing in" then?

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2006, 09:17:36 AM »

BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal that former PANTERA and current SUPERJOINT RITUAL/DOWN frontman Philip Anselmo will be performing with the reunited ALICE IN CHAINS tonight (March 10) at the taping of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!" tribute to HEART at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. Anselmo will join ALICE IN CHAINS members Jerry Cantrell (guitar), Mike Inez (bass) and Sean Kinney (drums), plus guest musician (on second guitar) Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) for two songs: "Them Bones" and "Would?" COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist and member of Jerry Cantrell's touring band William DuVall will also make an appearance on lead vocals for two songs ? "Man in the Box" and "Angy Chair". Also scheduled to appear are former JANE'S ADDICTION/RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist Dave Navarro and Gretchen Wilson, among other guest performers. A spring air date for the show is to be announced shortly.

Estranged One
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2006, 09:44:38 AM »

"Gretchen Wilson"......??  OH, I get it...SOMEONE has to be the trailer-trash groupie!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »

BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal that former PANTERA and current SUPERJOINT RITUAL/DOWN frontman Philip Anselmo will be performing with the reunited ALICE IN CHAINS tonight (March 10) at the taping of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!" tribute to HEART at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. Anselmo will join ALICE IN CHAINS members Jerry Cantrell (guitar), Mike Inez (bass) and Sean Kinney (drums), plus guest musician (on second guitar) Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) for two songs: "Them Bones" and "Would?" COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist and member of Jerry Cantrell's touring band William DuVall will also make an appearance on lead vocals for two songs ? "Man in the Box" and "Angy Chair". Also scheduled to appear are former JANE'S ADDICTION/RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist Dave Navarro and Gretchen Wilson, among other guest performers. A spring air date for the show is to be announced shortly.

When will this be on TV?

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2006, 05:06:19 AM »

How cool, Duff is gonna be jamming some great songs with them!
Has this been on yet?

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2006, 10:12:56 AM »

Phil Anselmo is the shit.. I think they just taped it unless it was live. Im gonna check it out tho.. I want to see this shit.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2006, 10:43:42 AM »

Phil Anselmo is the shit.. I think they just taped it unless it was live. Im gonna check it out tho.. I want to see this shit.

don't forget "yours truely" please ok

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2006, 10:50:59 AM »

? ?
NO LAYNE=NO ALICE IN CHAINS.? ?

If thats your opinion, fine. However as already mentioned Cantrell was the main creative force in that band. If you haven't heard them, you should check out his solo albums. You would be hard pressed to find any songs on them that couldnt pass for a new AIC song.  peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »

Ya this show was taped the other night and will be premiried in the spring

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2006, 11:45:20 AM »

Is there any way of finding out the broadcast date?

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2006, 12:46:05 PM »

Hasnt been announced yet

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: