Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 209324 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #240 on: May 12, 2009, 09:40:32 PM »

Kid Rock? Seriously?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »

ALICE IN CHAINS: New Album Title, Release Date Revealed - June 11, 2009

Legendary rock band ALICE IN CHAINS has set "Black Gives Way To Blue" as the title of its first new studio album in more than 10 years, due on September 29 via EMI's Virgin Records. The band and producer Nick Raskulinecz (RUSH, FOO FIGHTERS) began recording last October at Studio 606 in Northridge, California and recently finished mixing at Henson Studios in Hollywood.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=121762

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
overmatik
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »

Wow, "Black Gives Way To Blue" in my book says "Legend gives way to crappy singer and Cantrell trying to get back to the spot after a failed, although great, solo career."
Burton
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »

New song A Looking In View! Good stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/aliceinchains
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »

ALICE IN CHAINS: New Song Available Via iTunes, Amazon - June 30, 2009

A new ALICE IN CHAINS track entitled "A Looking In View" is now available for purchase via iTunes and Amazon. Two short teasers for the song's accompaying video clip can be viewed below. Meanwhile, sources tell The Pulse of Radio that an official radio single called "Check My Brain" will head to rock stations in mid-August.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122797

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2009, 03:06:18 PM »

ALICE IN CHAINS Announces Tour Dates - June 30, 2009

ALICE IN CHAINS are giving fans a sneak preview of their highly anticipated upcoming album, "Black Gives Way To Blue" (Virgin/EMI) by posting a brand-new song online. The seven-minute-long track, titled "A Looking In View", can be heard on www.aliceinchains.com. A companion video for the song is forthcoming and its trailer is available on the band's site. "A Looking In View" will appear on "Black Gives Way To Blue", in stores September 29.

Upcoming ALICE IN CHAINS shows:

July 18 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park (with Kid Rock)
Aug. 01 - Dublin, IE - Marlay Park
Aug. 02 - Stevenage, GB -Knebworth House - Sonisphere
Aug. 04 - London, GB - Scala
Aug. 06 - Cologne, DE Essigfabrik
Aug. 08 - Berlin, DE - Columbia Club
Aug. 10 - Hamburg, DE - Grunspan
Aug. 12 - Amsterdam, NL - Melkweg
Aug. 22 - Pomona, CA - Epicenter
Sep. 04 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
Sep. 05 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
Sep. 07 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
Sep. 08 - New York, NY - The Fillmore
Sep. 15 - Toronto, ON - The Opera House
Sep. 16 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
Sep. 19 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
Sep. 20 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
Sep. 21 - Minneapolis, MN - First Ave
Sep. 26 - Portland, OR - Roseland Grill
Sep. 28 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122838

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2009, 03:58:14 PM »

This is not an easy song to listen to. It's like a 7 minute jam session that doesn't go anywhere

Dissapointing first single, but I'm sure the album is quite good
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »

I don't think its the first single, I think "Check My Brain" is tabbed for radio (see above) in August..
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:08:11 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Burton
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2009, 04:41:24 PM »

It's not a single. This song is growing alot after listening it for a few times now. Can't wait to hear the rest.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #249 on: July 01, 2009, 11:16:31 AM »

I'm digging the song...
It's CRAZY heavy and dark...
DuVall's VERY good!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
kyon
Opening Act

« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »

This is not an easy song to listen to. It's like a 7 minute jam session that doesn't go anywhere

To my ears, the track sounds like vintage Alice in Chains.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2009, 06:12:42 PM »

Alice in Chains Say Michael Jackson Influenced Everybody - Even Slipknot

7.02.2009 5:30PM | By: Chris Harris

It's been one week since the death of pop icon Michael Jackson, and Jerry Cantrell, guitarist of Alice in Chains, still can't believe he's gone. Or that Farrah Fawcett's gone, too. But one thing's for sure. Both Cantrell and drummer Sean Kinney respect the King of Pop for a myriad of reasons.

"Being a musician, you appreciate what it takes to operate at this level and for you to create things that can strike people in such a huge way," Cantrell tells Noisecreep. "You have to respect the magnitude of that guy's career and his creative output, and to maintain that since you're five-years-old? That's ridiculous. Nobody does that."

Both Cantrell and Kinney spoke last Friday, soon after Jackson passed, "and we were talking about how Farrah and Michael Jackson, two of the hugest icons of our childhood, dead in the same day," Cantrell recalls. "Who didn't bow to Farrah and didn't live in an era where Michael Jackson wasn't everywhere? And look at the guy's musical legacy, which permeated through all cultures."

But did Jackson's music influence Alice? "He had an influence on everybody," Kinney says. "How could you be alive for the last 30 years and not know about Michael Jackson, or heard some of his songs? Even if you're some death metaller guy, don't feel like you can't tell your friends you liked [Jackson's 1979 LP] 'Off The Wall.'"

"(Slipknot vocalist) Corey Taylor has a tattoo of 'Off the Wall' on his back," points out Cantrell, laughing. "So, even Slipknot were fans, I guess."

Kinney says that while Jackson's death is sad, he hopes the situation won't "bring out the worst in people, and I hope they just try to rationalize they're thinking before going negative with it. The guy had a f---ed up life. If I was five-years-old and famous, that would do some damage. Very few people get to his level and remain there. He's one of those guys and it's a shocking thing when someone like that goes. I've got all of his records. I have 'em."

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/07/02/alice-in-chains-say-michael-jackson-influenced-everybody-even/

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »

slipknot actually are fans! Cheesy watched them last week and after the gig they played beat it as a tribute over the PA

also, clown did an interview and he talked a bit about MJ
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #253 on: July 06, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »

Alice in Chains Moving on From 'Really Devastating Blow'

Following their mid-'90s disappearance as vocalist Layne Staley descended further into a darkness that ultimately led to his tragic death in 2002, the remaining members of Alice in Chains -- Jerry Cantrell, Sean Kinney, and Mike Inez -- reunited for a 2005 benefit in their hometown of Seattle then teamed with new member William DuVall in 2006 for a full tour, and have been active ever since.

Now, drummer Sean Kinney tells Noisecreep that with their forthcoming album, 'Black Gives Way Into Blue,' the band is finally going forward from the death of their fallen bandmate. "This is us moving on from a really, really devastating blow," Kinney says. "I carry this every day forever and it really brought it more to life when we were sitting there dealing with it together, knowing we never shared that with anybody. Jerry, Mike, and I and everyone involved, we kept all this to ourselves since we pretty much pulled out in the mid-'90s. That's a long time to f---ing hold on to some s---, so I think this is part of the healing process."

Guitarist Jerry Cantrell says those themes and hardships are evident in the new material. "I remember early on talking to Sean and he's like, 'Dude, tell the story. F---ing lay it out there, go for it,'" Cantrell says. "And there's a lot of s--- to draw from."

In writing the new material, Cantrell followed the same approach he and Staley took back in the early days of Alice. "We've always been a band that writes close to home," he says. "I remember writing songs or writing lyrics and showing them to Layne and having him show me his lyrics and there was a certain level, which was no punches pulled and straight-up f---ing honest stuff. So this record, it's today, it's many years later, of course the dynamic's changed and we're moving on, Layne's not here, but why we do things is intact and how we go about it is the same."

And with the new record, Kinney is finally getting rid of some of the past. "You don't notice how much you carry around until you start unloading some stuff," he says. "And for me, it kind of lifted a lot of stuff and gave me a better perspective in my own life on what to do. I've seen myself and Jerry, just a lot of people in our lives, come from some pretty f---ing dark joints and over the years head in a more positive place and this is part of that process."

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/07/06/alice-in-chains-moving-on-from-really-devastating-blow/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2009, 02:41:24 AM »

ALICE IN CHAINS: 'A Looking In View' Video Available - July 7, 2009

ALICE IN CHAINS' video for the new track "A Looking In View" is available for viewing at the band's official web site. (Note: You must be 18 years of age to view.)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123209

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »

ALICE IN CHAINS: 'A Looking In View' Video Available - July 7, 2009

ALICE IN CHAINS' video for the new track "A Looking In View" is available for viewing at the band's official web site. (Note: You must be 18 years of age to view.)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123209

Everyone should check this out. The song rocks and the video is quite disturbing.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2009, 07:35:21 PM »

The Pulse of Radio reports: ALICE IN CHAINS fans and members of the press heard the band's upcoming album, "Black Gives Way To Blue", in its entirety at a private listening party in Los Angeles on Tuesday night (July 14). Following the playback over a PA system, the band itself performed a three-song acoustic set, opening with 1992's "Down In A Hole" before playing two songs from the new album ? "Your Decision" and the title track ? live for the first time ever. Guitarist Jerry Cantrell thanked the audience for coming, saying, "It's been a long road to get here, man. There's a lot of miles to go."

On first listen at Hollywood's Montalban Theatre, ALICE IN CHAINS' first new record in 14 years seemed to encompass both extremes of the band's sound. Monster rockers like "A Looking In View" and the psychedelic "Check My Brain" were balanced out by softer numbers like the melancholy title track and "Your Decision", which could have easily found its way onto one of the band's acoustic EPs such as "Jar Of Flies".

The song "Black Gives Way To Blue" is an emotional tribute to original singer Layne Staley, who died in 2002 after a long struggle with drugs.

Cantrell told The Pulse of Radio that coming back together as a band was made easier by taking it one step at a time. "Losing Layne was such a huge thing, without a doubt, and such a challenge to even consider this, and if we had looked at the big picture early on, it never would have happened," he said. "We just kept looking a little bit down the road and a little bit down the road and here we are. And it's kind of like I don't even want to turn around and look behind us and see how far we've come, man. We've come a long way in the last couple of years, you know. I just want to keep looking ahead at the next step."

Singer and guitarist William DuVall joined ALICE IN CHAINS when they officially regrouped for a 2006 tour and now shares lead vocals with Cantrell. He makes his recording debut with the band on this album.

ALICE IN CHAINS will release "Black Gives Way To Blue" on September 29.

Cell phones and cameras were not allowed into the listening party to avoid any leaks of the album.

ALICE IN CHAINS will play this Saturday (July 18) in Detroit as guests of KID ROCK, and at California's new Epicenter festival on August 22, before starting a round of North American tour dates on September 4 in Washington D.C.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »

The Pulse of Radio reports: ALICE IN CHAINS will perform this Saturday (July 18) at Comerica Park in Detroit as special guests of KID ROCK and then again at California's Epicenter festival next month. But with the band's new album not out until the end of September, drummer Sean Kinney told The Pulse of Radio not to expect to hear a lot of new material live before then. "We're gonna play what we put out before the record," he said. "All this stuff is like, kind of like warm-up little stuff to do before the album comes out. And then once it comes out, we'll play whatever we want to off that record, and we'll add it in with the other stuff."

The band's first new album in 14 years, "Black Gives Way To Blue", arrives on September 29.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2009, 09:46:24 PM »

heard the new song...blah.  All you need is about 7 or 8 AIC songs and youre all set.  They all sound exactly the same.  Good band, but they haven't evolved at all.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #259 on: July 22, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »

heard the new song...blah.  All you need is about 7 or 8 AIC songs and youre all set.  They all sound exactly the same. 

Did you never hear Jar of Flies?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: