Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 208603 times)
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »

heard the new song...blah.  All you need is about 7 or 8 AIC songs and youre all set.  They all sound exactly the same.  Good band, but they haven't evolved at all.

Maybe they need another drummer, a couple of pianos, and some trumpets, huh?  Pfft

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2009, 02:56:31 PM »

Did you never hear Jar of Flies?

Of course..I live in America.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2009, 03:01:27 PM »

heard the new song...blah.  All you need is about 7 or 8 AIC songs and youre all set.  They all sound exactly the same.  Good band, but they haven't evolved at all.

Maybe they need another drummer, a couple of pianos, and some trumpets, huh?  Pfft

nah, a decent song writing class or two should do it.  I'm also a firm believer in "No orignal lead singer= No band."  Except for the lone exception in the history of mankind which is Ac/Dc.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »

Pink Floyd fans would probably disagree with you.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: July 22, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »

Faith No More and Genesis fans as well.   Also, if its ONLY the lead singer left, then its still the same band....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »

nah, a decent song writing class or two should do it.  I'm also a firm believer in "No orignal lead singer= No band."  Except for the lone exception in the history of mankind which is Ac/Dc.

i don't listen to iron maiden, but i  don't think that bruce dickinson was the original singer was he?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2009, 05:40:32 PM »

Bruce came second. They also had a third singer in the late 90s called Blaze Bayley, Bruce returned in the 2000s.

Also, Crashdiet are on there third singer now.

And i love Motley Crues self titled album with Corabi on vocals, sure its not classic Crue but it still rocks.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2009, 05:47:57 PM »

Bruce came second. They also had a third singer in the late 90s called Blaze Bayley, Bruce returned in the 2000s.

And i love Motley Crues self titled album with Corabi on vocals, sure its not classic Crue but it still rocks.
true, but the othee guys have nothing on dave
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2009, 07:41:04 PM »

Faith No More and Genesis fans as well.   Also, if its ONLY the lead singer left, then its still the same band....

you guys are missing the point..By original lead singer I mean the one that the band really broke through with..sure plenty of bands replace the lead singer and still flounder around living off of accomplishments made with the previous singer.  Iron Maiden really hit it big with Bruce Dickinson.  I'm not talking about bands who came into their own with a guy who wasn't the original singer.  That has happened many times.  Im talking about established acts who soldier on past their prime with a different singer. Skid Row, Judas Priest to name a couple.  It never works,  except for Ac/Dc and Van Halen.  Its like Guns N Roses replacing Axl Rose...see that is the only irreplaceable member of the band!

For me the only thing that is irreplaceable is the lead singer. I also feel that way about lead guitar players, but I make exceptions in that case from time to time.  But no lead singer, no deal for me.  You are free to disagree with me, but how would you feel about Grohl and Noveselic touring as Nirvana?  U2 without Bono, Metallica without Hetfield,  STP without Weiland,   Aerosmith without Steven Tyler, The Stones without Mick Jagger...and so on..see it makes no fucking sense.  The lead singer is the most identifiable part of any band.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #269 on: July 22, 2009, 07:42:13 PM »

exactly, and remind me how did that Blaze Bayley thing work out for them? hihi
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #270 on: July 22, 2009, 08:26:18 PM »

bodhi, don't u like dirt and jar of flies? among the best of the 90's IMO
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2009, 02:41:22 AM »

bodhi, don't u like dirt and jar of flies? among the best of the 90's IMO

sure they are good albums.  Nowhere near as good as "Use Your Illusion" or Metallica's "Black album"..but they were solid albums for the 90's alt rock/grunge/hard rock/whatever you want to call it scene.  AIC blew away Pearl Jam imo, even though they were not as successful.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2009, 08:25:40 AM »

true, but the othee guys have nothing on dave
well, he was originally the main song writer and wrote all the songs on the debut album....plus he formed the band, n also played joint lead guitar.

html sucks
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2009, 01:01:18 PM »

Gonna see them in 2 weeks. Will be great.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2009, 08:20:46 PM »

Ok can we end this lead singer talk rambling...Everyone knows its not the same, some ppl have different favourite members of the band (i.e guitar players may be more into Cantrells guitar work and harmonies), etc...And lost of ppl would still pay to them them with DuVall, hes a decent lead singer, pretty badass, and the rest of the band love him, They gave it some time to, Can you blame Jerry and the band for wanting to try and move on and pay tribute to Layne? Seen them live with Velvet Revolver for the first time and they kicked ass man...so power to them

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Burton
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »

Duvall rules, can't wait to hear the new album.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2009, 11:38:34 AM »

ALICE IN CHAINS: 'Black Gives Way To Blue' Track-By-Track Review Available - July 22, 2009

MetalSucks' Vince Neilstein attended an exclusive listening event in New York City last night for ALICE IN CHAINS' new record, "Black Gives Way to Blue". A complete report, including a track-by-track breakdown of the album, can be found at this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124027

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »

Alice In Chains return

04 August 2009

A new album is on the way, titled Black Gives Way To Blue, slated for release in September, and they?ve posted a taster track on their official site.

The band played an initial charity reunion show in 2005 and since then bassist Mike Inez said, step by step, it has slowly come together.

"From the get go I have to say that we didn?t have a grand scheme or master plan for this," he admitted. "Just to be talking to you about a new Alice In Chains release is pretty mind blowing."

As for how the new singer William DuVall has coped, stepping into Layne Staley's shoes, he seemed confident.

"It?s working out just fine you know. It?s just non-stop comedy," he explained. "The whole world provides you with an initiation when you walk into something like this, but it?s cool."

Slipknot?s approval

Corey Taylor from metal heroes Slipknot is one person very excited about this particular comeback and he told 6 Music he was very impressed with their performance at Sonisphere festival in Hertfordshire last weekend.

?It was gorgeous man," he enthused. "I couldn?t have asked for a better thing to happen to such a great band to be honest and their new stuff is sickeningly good.

"I?m so ecstatic that they are going to continue. It?s wonderful. In the face of adversity, they?ve come again."

As for the new record, Taylor added: "That?s going to be album of the year for a lot of people. First of all, it?s a long time coming, second of all they?ve got a fantastic singer. William is so good."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20090804_aliceinchains.shtml

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #278 on: August 07, 2009, 08:53:49 PM »

COREY TAYLOR On New ALICE IN CHAINS: 'Their New Stuff Is Sickeningly Good' - Aug. 7, 2009

SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor has told BBC's 6 Music he was very impressed with ALICE IN CHAINS' performance at Sonisphere festival in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom last weekend. "It was gorgeous, man," he enthused. "I couldn't have asked for a better thing to happen to such a great band, to be honest, and their new stuff is sickeningly good.

He added, "I'm so ecstatic that they are going to continue. It's wonderful. In the face of adversity, they've come again."

As for ALICE IN CHAINS' new record, Taylor stated, "That's going to be album of the year for a lot of people. First of all, it's a long time coming; second of all, they've got a fantastic [new] singer. William [DuVall] is so good."

ALICE IN CHAINS' new album, "Black Gives Way To Blue", is scheduled for release on September 29.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. All Secrets Known
02. Check My Brain
03. Last Of My Kind
04. Your Decision
05. A Looking In View
06. When The Sun Rose Again
07. Acid Bubble
08. Lessons Learned
09. Take Her Out
10. Private Hell
11. Black Gives Way To Blue

ALICE IN CHAINS has tapped U2 and WHITE STRIPES video director Alex Courtes to shoot a clip for "Check My Brain", the first single from "Black Gives Way To Blue".

Fans and members of the press heard "Black Gives Way To Blue" in its entirety at a private listening party in Los Angeles on July 14, followed by a three-song acoustic set by the band in which it debuted two songs from the album live ? the title track and "Your Decision".

The group's tour starts on September 4 in Washington D.C.

Fan-filmed video footage of Taylor performing the ALICE IN CHAINS classic Them Bones" with the Los Angeles-based all-star "jam" group CAMP FREDDY ? including members of ALICE IN CHAINS and JANE'S ADDICTION ? on May 15, 2008 at The Roxy in West Hollywood can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124904

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »

ALICE IN CHAINS: 'Black Gives Way To Blue' Artwork Unveiled - Aug. 12, 2009

The cover artwork for "Black Gives Way To Blue", the highly anticipated new album from ALICE IN CHAINS, can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125146

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: