Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:54:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 208497 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »

I bought it first day, still gets spins from me. Solid, good album.

A Looking In View and the title track are great.
Haha, I've been listening to it non-stop since the day it came out.

Since my purchase of the album, my love for Alice has been rekindled. I've been digging out my old cds of them.
I've been the same. I've never been the biggest Alice fan, maybe I'd go on a kick every once in a while, but I've been listening to Dirt and the Self-Titled a lot.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2009, 03:07:49 PM »

I have to say the opening track is an odd choice to open the album.   I tend to just skip straight to Check My Brain.

It's a slow epic build up of a song, I think it actually opens the album very well.

yea.. I tend to like the opening track of the album to grab you by the balls.   I think Check My Brain or A Looking in View would have done that perfectly.  But different strokes.  peace

You have to think about what this album is all about -- I don't know if opening with Check My Brain was what they had in mind.  Look at the lyrics for "All Secrets Known" and it gives you a clue...

Hope,
A new beginning
Time,
Time to start living

Like just before we died

There's no going back
To the place
We started from

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »

yea i know lyrically it makes sense to start off the album, I just can't get into the track.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #383 on: October 06, 2009, 09:47:06 AM »

Here is a video interview with Alice In Chains on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/10/02/quan.alice.in.chains.cnn?iref=videosearch

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #384 on: October 07, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »

An interview with Jerry Cantrell:

http://www.inkedmag.com/music/q-jerry-cantrell/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 02:44:06 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #385 on: October 07, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »

ALICE IN CHAINS' 'Black Gives Way To Blue' Cracks U.S. Top 5 - Oct. 7, 2009

ALICE IN CHAINS's first all-new album in 14 years, titled "Black Gives Way To Blue", sold 126,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 5 on The Billboard 200 chart (behind latest albums from PARAMORE, MARIAH CAREY, BARBRA STREISAND and BREAKING BENJAMIN).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=128307

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2009, 12:02:50 AM »

Well Maynard was really good friends with Layne, and lets face it Maynard is an amazing singer and it's not too hard to replace someone when you knew them on such a personal level and you're fuckin talented like that...anyway.

2012 is like Christmas!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2009, 01:02:15 AM »

maynard is not the singer of AIC
he only did some shows and appearances..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2009, 04:27:43 AM »

ALICE IN CHAINS's first all-new album in 14 years, titled "Black Gives Way To Blue", sold 126,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 5 on The Billboard 200 chart (behind latest albums from PARAMORE, MARIAH CAREY, BARBRA STREISAND and BREAKING BENJAMIN).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=128307

I figured it would have sold a few more the first week.  Undecided   Guess its just the times.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »

I figured it would have sold a few more the first week.  Undecided   Guess its just the times.
I would have thought the same thing. The people at my local record store said it was flying off the shelves. But I don't know what their definition of "flying off the shelves" is anymore.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »

THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY: The fourth quarter?s first Super Tuesday had its share of surprises, topped by Fueled by Ramen?s latest chart-topper in Paramore?s 185k-selling sophomore album?marking another #1 record for producer and new WMG Chief Creative Officer Rob Cavallo. Performing better than expected were #2 Barbra Streisand (Columbia), whose first album in six years bowed with 177k; #4 Breaking Benjamin (Hollywood, 136k); and the reformed Alice in Chains (Virgin), which debuted at #5 with 128k.

Hits Daily Double

Chief
Legend

« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »

Finally just listened to it and it is pretty sweet. Very heavy too!  I'm so happy Alice is back even without Layne.. i got chills listening to black gives way to blue.
I hope they are proud of themselves!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »

Alice in Chains Interview

Thursday, 8 October 2009

HG: There will always be fans who love the old records that you're not going to reach.

William DuVall: And that's ok. This is an invitation and you don't have to take it. But it's an invitation that's coming from a really, really truthful and very, very profound place. I think the people that take it and the people that show up to the party are going to really be rewarded. And they have been rewarded, and they're digging it.

Sean Kinney: Seeing Will just give his all every night and going at it and turning people around who have a closed mind [as to] why we're doing this is amazing. I understand [fans have] a little bit of fear and that people connected to the records we've done so strongly and I honour that completely. But it's a little rude for people who listen to those records and bond with them to try to pass judgement on us and say we don't have the right to do something.

The truth is that all of these things that they care about so much didn't happen to them: it actually happened to us. It was actually our real life. My friend's dead and I live with that every day. We've all lost people and everybody will in life. And just because you loved our record so much doesn't mean you can't move on. If we can find a way to move on and they can't then I just kind of feel sorry for people at that point. This happened to us and we can move on with our heads up and are doing it in the most honourable and genuine fashion. And you can't because you just listened to a record? That's a little sad.

HG: The first lines of 'Black Gives Way to Blue', "Hope, a new beginning. It's time to start living like just before we died" are the perfect way to open the album.

SK: And then we tell you the fact that we know, that you think you know, "there's no going back to the place we started from". We're not trying to. We've already been there. It's pointless. We're trying to move on.

It feels really good to be doing this. We mean what we're doing. We have given everything we have to doing this and I feel we've won - it's already a triumph. So as long as you believe in what you're doing, and we collectively do, that's all that matters.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1008/aliceinchains.html

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2009, 04:06:20 PM »

Sean Kinney: Seeing Will just give his all every night and going at it and turning people around who have a closed mind [as to] why we're doing this is amazing. I understand [fans have] a little bit of fear and that people connected to the records we've done so strongly and I honour that completely. But it's a little rude for people who listen to those records and bond with them to try to pass judgement on us and say we don't have the right to do something.

The truth is that all of these things that they care about so much didn't happen to them: it actually happened to us. It was actually our real life. My friend's dead and I live with that every day. We've all lost people and everybody will in life. And just because you loved our record so much doesn't mean you can't move on. If we can find a way to move on and they can't then I just kind of feel sorry for people at that point. This happened to us and we can move on with our heads up and are doing it in the most honourable and genuine fashion. And you can't because you just listened to a record? That's a little sad.

love this part.   so much truth there, not just for AIC fans, but for all fans of music.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #394 on: October 09, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »

BEHIND MARIAH CAREY AND BARBARA STREISAND?! Jesus Christ!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #395 on: October 12, 2009, 10:14:52 AM »

Alice In Chains announce new single

To coincide with Alice In Chains European tour, the band have announced that they will be releasing new single 'Your Decision' on 16 November 2009 in the UK.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #396 on: October 15, 2009, 03:13:34 AM »

i really like the mellower songs, esp black gives way to blue and my new favorite is acid bubbles!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #397 on: October 15, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »

Saw a video on MTV2 Rock Chart of one of their new songs. Cool video but didnt like the song unfortunately.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #398 on: October 15, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »

Jerry Cantrell and Mike Inez are scheduled to be on nationally syndicated Jim Rome Show Friday 10/16 between 9am and 12pm PST..

"Check My Brain" is in heavy rotation (still) here....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #399 on: October 16, 2009, 02:01:36 PM »

Jerry and Mike going on Rome right now, 11am PST.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:20:03 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: