Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 208581 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #480 on: February 08, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »

Co-Headlining the WMMR-BQ in Camden, NJ on May 23 with Stone Temple Pilots!

Ah, can't wait.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #481 on: February 09, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »

Co-Headlining the WMMR-BQ in Camden, NJ on May 23 with Stone Temple Pilots!

Ah, can't wait.

Thanks, he's a link to all of the info.

http://www.wmmr.com/music/concerts/rbq2010.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #482 on: February 09, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »

98 Rockfest lineup includes Alice in Chains

February 9, 2010

Alice in Chains, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust ? '98 might be the year 98 Rock is saluting at its annual concert.

The station, WXTB, 97.9 FM, announced the lineup for 98 Rockfest Tuesday, with the recently resurrected Alice in Chains and Limp Bizkit headlining. The show will take place April 24 at the St. Pete Times Forum, 401 Channelside Drive in Tampa.

Joining Sevendust on the rest of the bill will be Puddle of Mudd, Hell Yeah, Paper Tongues and Evans Blue. More acts are to be announced.

Tickets, $44.30, $57.70, $68, $93.70 and $145.15, according to Ticketmaster's Web site, go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday. Call Ticketmaster, (813) 287-8844, or the Forum, (813) 301-2500.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »

And in this radio interview with Jerry Cantrell on WKLS in Atlanta he is asked about Mike Starr's appearance on Celebrity Rehab (@ 2:48).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NASnlYYDHDQ

Here is a transcript of what was said...

ALICE IN CHAINS Guitarist Says Former Bassist MIKE STARR 'Deserves A Better Life' - Feb. 10, 2010

Shaffee and El Jefe of the Atlanta, Georgia radio station WKLS (branded Project 9-6-1) recently conducted an interview with ALICE IN CHAINSguitarist Jerry Cantrell.

When asked for his opinion of the VH1 reality series "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew", which features former ALICE IN CHAINS bassist Mike Starr in its current season, Cantrell replied, "I haven't seen the show. We, of course, always wish the best for Mike. Addiction is no joke, and we know that first hand. We lost a good friend of ours to that as well. Mike deserves a better life. That particular show, I think it's a real travesty and a shame to put people in a really vulnerable situation like that and make it entertainment for people to see, because... It's just kind of disgusting to me, actually. It's nothing I back. I totally back Mike, and I back his efforts to get clean and remain somebody that I and the band really care about ? he's a friend of ours, you know, and we wish him the best. But that show's not really cool. [laughs]"

Shaffee and El Jefe's interview with Jerry Cantrell can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134866

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #484 on: February 12, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »

From next weeks CR3 with Mike Starr, Layne's mother will appear on the show:

From Mike Starr to Dr. Drew:

?Layne shot me up first a couple times, and then Kurt shot me up, and then Layne shot me up after that same night and I died -- dead for eleven minutes Layne said.?

Then they show a clip of Layne's mom talking to the group, she says:

?This is so serious because when you?re dead you?re dead, and you?re either in the ground deteriorating or your in a box of dust like I have my son now.?

http://www.vh1.com/video/celebrity-rehab-3/full-episodes/triggers/1631736/playlist.jhtml

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #485 on: February 14, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »

Billboard 200: Rock Songs

Week of February 20, 2010

2* Your Decision

Alice In Chains
Black Gives Way to Blue

* Titles with the greatest airplay and sales gains this week.

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/rock-songs?tag=chdrawer

Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #486 on: February 14, 2010, 02:54:38 PM »

I just saw Alice In Chains at a small club in Oakland (Fox).

Sold out, amazing show. I was on floor upfront, and the energy was intense. The setlist was amazing (Sickman, Again). When they left before an encore, the energy was more intense than any show in recent memory. Everyone, including those in seats, were stomping and screaming crazily. They came out and looked seriously pleased.

Amazing show, these guys have still got it.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #487 on: February 14, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »

These guys coming back as strong as they have after all they've been is about the best story (on)going in rock music.

Sold out shows, high charting singles and an album that has staying power, unreal.

"Check My Brain" from the aforementioned Oakland gig at the Fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24BwNPdFbSQ

How fucking cool is that venue by the way??

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #488 on: February 14, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »

do they have any touring plans for the summer?
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #489 on: February 14, 2010, 06:24:09 PM »

These guys coming back as strong as they have after all they've been is about the best story (on)going in rock music.

Sold out shows, high charting singles and an album that has staying power, unreal.

"Check My Brain" from the aforementioned Oakland gig at the Fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24BwNPdFbSQ

How fucking cool is that venue by the way??

Nice videos! Are they yours?

And yes, the venue is incredible. I still prefer the Warfield (first GN'R show) but the newly done Fox gives it a run for its money.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #490 on: February 14, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »

do they have any touring plans for the summer?

As well as the singles are doing, I'd expect them at least do the radio station festival circuit this summer here in the US, keep the momentum going..

Just speculation of course...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #491 on: February 14, 2010, 06:28:38 PM »

Nice videos! Are they yours?

And yes, the venue is incredible. I still prefer the Warfield (first GN'R show) but the newly done Fox gives it a run for its money.

Not mine. just searched youtube after your post above - great stuff nonetheless.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #492 on: February 16, 2010, 01:10:19 PM »

Mike Starr will be the guest tonight on Loveline with Dr. Drew:

http://www.lovelineshow.com/site

Chief
Legend

« Reply #493 on: February 17, 2010, 12:04:29 AM »

The LA show was KILLER! They played really well, really tight and William was great. Layne is impossible to replace but he does a great job of taking the mic. He even had a couple of guitar solos. Jerry's tone was spot on the entire night and the vocal harmonies were pretty much perfect. Nutshell was amazing and I was very happy to hear No Excuses, Sickman and Acid Bubbles and Angry Chair. Highlight of the show for me was Love Hate Love, which is one of my all time favorites of theirs.. what a sweet surprise!!

Setlist:

All Secrets Known
It Ain?t Like That
Again
Check My Brain
Them Bones
Dam That River
Rain When I Die
Your Decision
Got Me Wrong
We Die Young
Last of My Kind
Nutshell
Sickman
Lesson Learned
Acid Bubble
No Excuses
Angry Chair
Man In The Box

Encore:
Love, Hate, Love
Would?
Rooster

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #494 on: February 17, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »

I fucking love this band

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #495 on: February 17, 2010, 01:14:20 PM »

Here is an interview with Jerry Cantrell, plus audio:

Alice In Chains' Jerry Cantrell on Layne Staley, Elton John and new CD

Working with Elton was "mind-blowing"

Joe Bosso, Wed 17 Feb 2010

With new singer William DuVall onboard, Cantrell and Alice In Chains are forging a new path (? Kelly A. Swift/Retna Ltd./Corbis)

You would think that Jerry Cantrell might have no dreams left to realize. With his band, Alice In Chains, the guitarist played a huge role in defining the 'grunge' sound of the early '90s, selling over 17 million albums in the process.

But when the reunited band recorded their new album, Black Gives Way To Blue, Cantrell got to live out a boyhood fantasy when his idol, Elton John, agreed to play on the title track.

"Mind-blowing," is how Cantrell, 43, summarizes the experience. The group was recording in Las Vegas, and as it turned out, Sir Elton was working in the same studio. Figuring he had nothing to lose, Cantrell contacted John and sent him the track, asking if he might consider playing on it. A week went by with no response, and Cantrell all but gave hope.

And then John contacted Cantrell and said that he loved the song. A fan of the band, he was especially moved that the number was an elegy for Alice's late singer, Layne Staley, who succumbed to a heroin overdose in 2002. Sure, he said, he'd be honored to play on the cut.

Cantrell describes the feeling of hearing Elton John perform one of his songs as "one of those really cool things that you never expect to happen." Belying his reputation as a diva, John's gracious attitude and musical contribution made a huge impression on Cantrell: "Not only did he lend his voice and made the song jump up a level by his input, he didn't take it over either. He became part of the band."

Of course, in 2010, many are surprised - and no doubt delighted - that there even is an Alice In Chains. After Staley's death, it seemed almost unthinkable that they could go on, and for a time, they didn't. But a tsunami benefit concert in 2005 led with group (which also includes drummer Sean Kinney and bassist Mike Inez), with Cantrell's new friend singer William DuVall, to slowly rebuild.

DuVall and Cantrell make a strange kind of magic together, echoing the vocal harmonies of the Alice In Chains of old. Cantrell admits that he doesn't hear the similarity ("the writing style and the players are the reasons it sounds the way it sounds"), but he's thrilled to be carving out a new chapter with the group he and Kinney founded 23 years ago.

Cantrell sat down with MusicRadar recently to discuss Alice In Chains' reformation, his thoughts on Layne Staley, his approach to practicing the guitar (he doesn't!) and the undiminished coolness of Elton John.

Audio and the rest here: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/alice-in-chains-jerry-cantrell-on-layne-staley-elton-john-and-new-cd-237195

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #496 on: February 17, 2010, 02:15:11 PM »

Apparently Mike Starr says that he was with Layne the day he died and that he wanted to call 911 but Layne said he would never talk to him again if he did.  He say if he had known he was going to die, he would have made the call.

I don't know if it's a good thing for him to bring this up now.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #497 on: February 17, 2010, 02:48:20 PM »

Apparently Mike Starr says that he was with Layne the day he died and that he wanted to call 911 but Layne said he would never talk to him again if he did.  He say if he had known he was going to die, he would have made the call.

I don't know if it's a good thing for him to bring this up now.

Somehow I have a hard time believing this. Mike Starr seems very eager to attach his name to anything AIC right now.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #498 on: February 18, 2010, 04:16:59 PM »

Here is the video preview from last nights Celebrity Rehab 3 where Mike Starr talks about Layne Staley, when he got kicked out of AIC and greeting Layne's Mom.  He says:

From Mike Starr to Dr. Drew:

?Layne shot me up first a couple times, and then Kurt shot me up, and then Layne shot me up after that same night and I died -- dead for eleven minutes Layne said.

"I let him die too, and he saved my life.  Isn't that terrible...on my birthday."

Then at the end they show Layne's mom talking to the group:

?When you loose your addict the hope is over, it is final, and you?re either in the ground deteriorating or your in a box of dust like I have my son now.?

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/484240/this-thursday-on-celebrity-rehab-3.jhtml#id=1631933

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #499 on: February 19, 2010, 02:06:22 AM »

Ex-ALICE IN CHAINS Bassist Talks About Death Of His 'Best Friend' LAYNE STALEY; Video Available - Feb. 18, 2010

Nancy McCallum, the mother of late ALICE IN CHAINS singer Layne Staley, makes an appearance in the seventh episode of the new season of the VH1 reality series "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" ? featuring former ALICE IN CHAINS bassist Mike Starr.

A preview clip of this week's episode can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135383

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: