Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 208557 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #600 on: March 09, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »

A statement from the Salt Lake City police:

Former Alice In Chains bassist Mike Starr was found dead in Salt Lake City this afternoon, Sgt. Josephson tells Artisan News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUuRth8uZ8A

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
pntra420
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #601 on: March 09, 2011, 05:53:41 PM »

crying
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #602 on: March 09, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »

Report: MIKE STARR Was Mixing Methadone And Anxiety Medication Hours Before Death - Mar. 9, 2011

Former ALICE IN CHAINS bassist Mike Starr's roommate has told TMZ.com that Mike was "mixing" methadone and anxiety medication hours before he died. According to the roommate, Mike had been using methadone recently in an effort to get sober ? but he had also been taking medication to battle anxiety issues he had been suffering from since his arrest last month.

Starr's roommate added, "Mike was a beautiful person who was fighting to stay sober ... I am going to miss him greatly."

Starr was found dead in a house in Salt Lake City, Utah on Tuesday afternoon (March Cool, according to TMZ.com. Starr, who was a founding member of the group and played on its first two albums, was 44 years old. Police who were called to the scene said that foul play was not suspected, but that drugs were found near the body. Starr's father told TMZ.com, "It's a terrible shock and tragedy."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155082

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #603 on: March 09, 2011, 09:23:16 PM »

This awesome special great friend of mine died the exact same way 9 years ago

Sucks

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
overmatik
« Reply #604 on: March 09, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »

So sad hearing those news. He was trying to work out a new project with Travis Meeks from Days of the News, which was the one driving the car in Utah when he was arrested last month. Really sad to lose another great one for the drugs... Cry
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #605 on: March 10, 2011, 09:19:49 AM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20472114,00.html

Sorry wrong spot, I will fix this Roll Eyes.

Can't delete this and it is already in its proper place, so sorry Wink   Jarmo help me out!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:25:33 AM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #606 on: March 11, 2011, 12:40:18 AM »

Black Gives Way To Blue, again.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #607 on: March 11, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »

crying

that's about all i can say too. this hits me hard. RIP Mike, you were a true star and an absolute brilliant musician!
sky is the limit for you now like always, if not more now. see you up there buddy.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #608 on: March 11, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »

This awesome special great friend of mine died the exact same way 9 years ago

Sucks

i had a friend that just survived a real hard hard heroin addiction. he's been clean for years now, to just discover a couple of years ago that he had gotten hepatitis c from his period in the Oslo heroin cycle.but what the hell do you know, i just got a text from him earlier today, that the new tests said he's completely rid of it!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #609 on: March 13, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »

MIKE STARR: Public Memorial To Be Held This Month - Mar. 12, 2011

The official public gathering for former ALICE IN CHAINS bassist Mike Starr's memorial will be held on Sunday, March 20 between 4:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. at "The Fountain" (Seattle Center) in Seattle, Washington.

"The Fountain"
Inside the Seattle Center
305 Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98109
www.seattlecenter.com

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155214

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #610 on: March 18, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »

Updated memorial information:

Sunday, March 20 ? 4:00pm - 7:00pm

?The Fountain? (Seattle Center)
Inside the Seattle Center (305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109) www.seattlecenter.com
Seattle, WA

The official public gathering for Mike Starr?s memorial will be:
Sunday, March 20, 2011
?The Fountain? (Seattle Center)
4pm -7pm

Please come and celebrate Mike's life.
Mike Starr's family requests that all donations made in his memory be directed to MusiCares. MusiCares provides a safety net of critical assistance (medical, drug/alcohol treatment, dental, financial) for music people in times of need.

Donations can be made online or by check to the address below:
www.grammy.org/musicares/donate
Musicares Foundation
3030 Olympic Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90404

*Please note that online donations cannot be earmarked specifically in Mike Starr's memory, although all proceeds go to provide critical services to the music community.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #611 on: April 05, 2011, 02:14:52 PM »

From Dr. Drew:

4/3/2011

THR: And then you have Mike Starr...

Pinsky: Mike Starr was a very sick guy. He was doing well, then he left and went to Utah against our recommendations. I spoke to him maybe a week before he died and he started talking about his back pain. I said, "Mike, whatever you do, don't see doctors." And he did, they gave him pills and that was that. It's very sad. But that's how all of my patients die today, by my peers giving them meds and not understand what this thing is: addiction.

THR: With the rehab success rate at around 20 percent, what about the notion that by offering these addicts $50,000 to participate, you?re essentially the biggest enabler in town?

Pinsky: That's the whole point. We start with people who are motivated to get paid and be on TV, and we end up with people who have been transformed by the experience and go on to embrace sobriety. If they relapse, like most of my patients do, we continue to support and treat them. I?m thrilled that five out the eight [Celebrity Rehab cast members] showed up for after-care, and two more committed to coming back.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dr-drew-im-not-addicted-174224

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #612 on: July 10, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »

What's the latest on Alice In Chains, other than a couple tour dates?  Hopefully they're working on a new album.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #613 on: July 10, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »

What's the latest on Alice In Chains, other than a couple tour dates?  Hopefully they're working on a new album.

Looks like Jerry was up to this last weekend... Wink

http://yfrog.com/h2grghgj

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #614 on: July 10, 2011, 09:08:51 PM »

Looks like Jerry was up to this last weekend... Wink

http://yfrog.com/h2grghgj

That doesn't look like work...nice shorts. Smiley

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #615 on: July 10, 2011, 10:49:51 PM »

That doesn't look like work...nice shorts. Smiley

At least he's not wearing flip flops or some sort of open toed man shoe. no

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #616 on: July 10, 2011, 11:47:08 PM »

At least he's not wearing flip flops or some sort of open toed man shoe. no

I'm not so sure.  I can't see his feet.

Well, at least never with socks. hihi

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #617 on: July 11, 2011, 05:58:44 PM »

Well, at least never with socks. hihi

The only semi acceptable time for a dude to wear flip flops is at a beach or pool - and that's pushing it.

The above is as offensive as Affliction, man jewelry, faux hawks and excessive tatooing in any form if not in a band, biker gang or veteran of foreign war.

And never, I mean ever - wear the t-shirt of the band at a concert of the band featured on t-shirt.

Oh yah.. AIC rocks, hope they continue playing shows and putting out new tunes. yes
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:25:26 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #618 on: July 11, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »

How did we get to man jewelry in the Alice In Chains thread. hihi

Oh yah.. AIC rocks, hope they continue playing shows and putting out new tunes. yes

I haven't seen any mention lately of them working on new material.  I hope they are, I really enjoyed their last CD.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #619 on: July 11, 2011, 11:08:17 PM »

I haven't seen any mention lately of them working on new material.  I hope they are, I really enjoyed their last CD.

Jerry's been non commital as to new recording plans, very much a "We'll see", "Maybe", "Not sure" line of answer..

How did we get to man jewelry in the Alice In Chains thread

I take full responsibility for it, at least I didn't go off on the epidemic of deejays passing themselves off as real musicians or how social networking has made every night out a photo op for those who need to think twice about photographic evidence of idiocy...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: