Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 208510 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 03:02:03 PM »

Is this thread about the Wesley Willis song?   Cheesy

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 07:32:36 AM »

Just started listening to this really cool band... The guitars aren't so good, but the lyrics are incredible. Listen -> 'Down In A Hole', 'No Excuses'.
Check out all their albums starting from Facelift, and the classic (must-have for any rock fan) album Dirt and then tell me "the guitars aren't so good".
Well I just started listening, so.... Guess I'll get Dirt...

Fuck 'Em All.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 01:01:50 PM »

Steve Hochman of The Los Angeles Times is reporting that the surviving members of the popular Seattle grunge-metal group ALICE IN CHAINS, whose singer Layne Staley died of a drug overdose in 2002, are exploring ways they might be able to perform again on a regular basis.

The seeds were planted this past February when guitarist Jerry Cantrell, bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney reunited at a benefit for victims of the Indonesian tsunami. At that show, which took place in Seattle, four vocalists ? TOOL's Maynard James Keenan, PUDDLE OF MUDD's Wes Scantlin, DAMAGEPLAN's Pat Lachman and HEART's Ann Wilson ? stepped in for Staley.

"The guys had so much fun that they thought maybe there's something else we want to do," Bill Siddons, who co-manages the band with original manager Susan Silver, tells The Los Angeles Times. "We'd love to find a way to let these guys perform together and have the fun they had and honor and respect what they created in the past, as well as Layne's contributions."

What shape that might take is very uncertain at this point, though Siddons insists there will be no reality show to find a singer, ? la "Rock Star".

"That's a perfect example of what happens when you marry television and music badly," Siddons says. "It's not what ALICE was ever about."

They may not even be looking for a lead singer, at least not one full-time member, Siddons adds. While they're open to the potential of something along the lines of the current QUEEN tour (in which veteran rocker Paul Rodgers is filling in for the late Freddie Mercury), that's far from a given.

"We might do a date here or there if there are opportunities to get a special guest to sing," Siddons says. "That's been discussed. More likely at this point we'll do benefits rather than paying gigs."

"Part of the enigma," Silver tells The Los Angeles Times, "was they didn't play that much."

That, she said, was as much the case for the band as for the fans, and the February show let the musicians get a taste of what they'd missed.

"It was so terrific for them to play together," she said. "But they're not ready to announce a new person, make a new record and start the cycle over yet. They want to just go have fun and give a tip of the hat to Layne and the people who enjoyed the music."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 01:09:09 PM »

They should just get a singer and record under a new name. Otherwise, it would make AIC fans angry, and I doubt they would have a wide fanbase without the AIC fans.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 02:41:59 PM »

They should just get a singer and record under a new name. Otherwise, it would make AIC fans angry, and I doubt they would have a wide fanbase without the AIC fans.

Yeah, how could a band change a member or two and keep the same name?  Roll Eyes

Sounds cool!  I would have loved to have been there!! beer

Why don't you just....
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2005, 04:45:37 PM »

Jerry Cantrell and Layne Staley were easily one of the greatest duos of the 90s, but nobody ever gives the the credit they deserve and its a damn shame. They were dark and melancholy, yet innovative and melodic, and i really think they get shit on in the shadows of Nirvana and Pearl Jam. I dont know, it just really bothers me the band is so unappreciated by the general public, and I needed a place to vent. beer

poop
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2005, 06:37:12 PM »

I think Alice In Chains get a good deal of respect among fans and the music media...

It might seem like they dont simply because their time unfortunately passed almost a decade ago.  "Alice In Cains" has been little more than Greatest Hit-type collections since 1996.  Theyll always be regarded as one of the "big four" to push "grunge" music into the mainstream.  Their accessibility was surely stifled by their relentlessly dark sound and persona, but I think they are and will continue to be held in high regard by rock fans and critics, as they should.  They were a fantastic band with a ton of classic songs.  yes

STP, on the other hand, may never get the respect they deserve... no

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2005, 12:21:33 AM »

I say they get Scott Weiland.  Then of course Velvet Revolver would need a new singer.  Then they could get...let's say Axl Rose.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  Its all falling into place.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2005, 10:44:49 AM »

I like Alice In Chains..Never knew much of there stuff until a few days ago..I love Them Bones,It Aint Like that and Man In The Box in amazing

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
RichardNixon
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2005, 01:19:04 PM »

I LOVE Alice In Chains. Such a great band. Layne RIP.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2005, 09:10:23 PM »

I'm listening to Face Lift for the first time, and I like it. The vocals are way overproduced, but the music is good, especially the solos. It's very metallic at times; it's kind of like Metallica's Load without the suckage. AiC could have been a good doom metal band, but their grunge sound is good enough. I'd say they're not as good as Soundgarden was, but it's a very good band.

Fuck Nirvana for scaring me away from this for so long.  rant
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2005, 09:31:57 PM »

Fuck Nirvana for scaring me away from this for so long.? rant
Yeah they have that effect....

...I stayed away from the awesome Pixies for ages since i heard there were a massive influence on Nirvana and many people told me they were very similar...

....Thinking about it i've stayed away from Alice In Chains for pretty much the same reason.......think i might go download some stuff by them, give 'em a wizz
Evolution
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2005, 10:41:03 PM »

Anyone got their Unplugged Session on CD? Awesome show by the guys.
RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 10:52:50 PM »

Alice In Chains opened up for POISON, of all people, back in 1990.

Unplugged is great.
conny
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005, 10:58:20 PM »

Anyone got their Unplugged Session on CD? Awesome show by the guys.

I got the DVD, the whole concert. Great. One of the best unplugged shows MTV ever aired.  ok

Nothing comes close to "Jar Of Flies" for me though. I think this is one of the best EP's/albums of the 90s and it's just as underrated as the band.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 10:29:45 PM »

I seen Alice in Chains in concert  right when their first album came out. They opened for Anthrax, Slayer, and Megadeth. GREAT show!!

Evolution
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 10:33:23 PM »

What a bill!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 10:40:52 PM »

What a bill!
Yes it was. Alice only played for about 30 minutes, and the other bands played about an hour each. It was the 2nd best concert I have ever seen in my life.

Evolution
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005, 11:38:08 PM »

It was the 2nd best concert I have ever seen in my life.

I take it you have seen GNR in their glory days then?  yes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2005, 02:28:22 AM »

It was the 2nd best concert I have ever seen in my life.

I take it you have seen GNR in their glory days then?? yes
Yes. Seen them on July 20th, 1991, Mountain View,CA

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: