Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Alice In Chains
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 208537 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2006, 09:53:22 AM »

COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist and member of Jerry Cantrell's (ALICE IN CHAINS) touring band William DuVall has been tapped to sing lead vocals with the reunited ALICE IN CHAINS at the taping of an episode of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!", a tribute to HEART that will take place March 10 at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. "The show promises to be a lot of fun ? an all-star miniature 'Last Waltz' scenario, with jamming between the two honorees and famous friends of both bands stepping in to lend a hand," stated DuVall. "I am honored to be a part of such an historic occassion." Also appearing on the program will be former JANE'S ADDICTION/RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist Dave Navarro and Gretchen Wilson. A spring air date for the show is to be announced shortly.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2006, 12:03:16 PM »

i could not listen to alice in chains without layne staley singing.end of.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 11:32:39 PM »

http://www.novarock.at/, now it makes sense.  Jerry Cantrell has found a new vocalist and AIC will be at NovaRock with GNR.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 06:43:21 AM »

WOW!!!

i really dont know what to say to that......good on em' if its 4 fun, i wouldnt know what to think if they record under the name with the new guy, but 4 kix of playin' live, i say go 4 gold!! ok beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 07:00:55 AM »

i could not listen to alice in chains without layne staley singing.end of.
I feel the same. With the exception of Soundgarden, Alice in Chains were the best thing to come out of that grunge mess. I can understand the former members playing together, but not by using the name alice in chains. That's like spitting on Layne's grave. Thats like Axl dying and a combination of former members using the name GNR. Should never happen.

ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 07:06:55 AM »

maybe its a tribute!!

. That's like spitting on Layne's grave.

oh c'mon man, do u think there doin' it to piss him off?Huh??

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 10:22:41 AM »

AC/DC's fiirst singer died- and they got a new singer and kept the name.       no one cares about that now do they
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »

Yeah.... Well, Layne was a huge creative force in AIC wasn't he?

Personally I don't see a problem with them resurrecting AIC, I loved them back in the day, but I have no idea what this new singer sounds like, I have Cantrell's solo albums though, I guess i should listen for background vocals.

BTW damien24, Bon Scott died before AC/DC got really huge, and Cantrell and Staley had uncanny chemistry. AC/DC's music is a bit more simple than AIC too. AIC did some crazy vocal harmony stuff.

I remember seeing a show with AIC minus Staley, and Weiland on vocals instead, and it was pretty sweet sounding. I don't think I have it anymore though Cry

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 10:33:20 AM »

AC/DC's fiirst singer died- and they got a new singer and kept the name.? ? ? ?no one cares about that now do they
Bon Scott wasn't a founding member of the band.

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 02:30:28 PM »

I do have a problem with them trying to go on without Layne. But at the same time, I'm interested to see how well they will do.
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2006, 03:13:49 PM »

AC/DC's fiirst singer died- and they got a new singer and kept the name.       no one cares about that now do they

neither was Slash!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 04:44:16 PM »

I think Cantrell should sing the songs live..He does a frigin kick ass job

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2006, 04:52:14 PM »

I think it's alright for Jerry & the guys to use AIC. It's always different situation when someone dies. Besides, I think Layne would be happy for his friends to keep playing music that they wrote & love. I'm sure Layne always felt a little bad for kind of being the reason the his friends couldn't play more of the music they loved & that probably just made his situation worse.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2006, 07:19:51 PM »

i dont have a problem with wahat there doina nd nobody should since cantrell was half the band anyway.but the reason for me why alice in chains are my favourite band(along with tool)is alot do with laynes voice having so much in it,and with the songs that were meant to be sung by him,take nutshell for  example at the unplugged mtv thing.nobody can even come close to it.so its all good and i would go and see em but for me it wouldnt be what alice in chains was all about and thats layne staley.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2006, 07:43:56 PM »

I think Cantrell should sing the songs live..He does a frigin kick ass job

I second that. There's songs on Jerry's last solo album that sound just like Layne singing too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2006, 08:05:18 PM »

i dont have a problem with wahat there doina nd nobody should since cantrell was half the band anyway.but the reason for me why alice in chains are my favourite band(along with tool)is alot do with laynes voice having so much in it,and with the songs that were meant to be sung by him,take nutshell for? example at the unplugged mtv thing.nobody can even come close to it.so its all good and i would go and see em but for me it wouldnt be what alice in chains was all about and thats layne staley.

That's definitely true. AIC was so good because what Layne sang about was real & he had the greatest "haunting" voice ever. Now that I think about it, it would be weird to see some healthy, well adjusted guy singing & call it AIC. Maybe they should just get a new name &  cover a couple of AIC tunes that aren't so obviously about being addicted to heroin.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2006, 08:27:51 PM »

AC/DC's fiirst singer died- and they got a new singer and kept the name.? ? ? ?no one cares about that now do they

neither was Slash!!

No one said he was. Quit quoting me in threads and trying to start arguments for no reason. Its pathetic.

Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2006, 10:50:06 PM »

It's Official: ALICE IN CHAINS Is Back! - Feb. 21, 2006 

ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell's official web site administrator, who goes by the name of "ceojc", has confirmed that the band will be reuniting for an appearance at the Nova Rock festival in Austria in mid-June (web site), with "a lot more" concert dates yet to be announced.

"I hate to keep on saying this, but as most of you have heard, ALICE will be performing at Nova Rock in Austria," "ceojc" writes. "This is true. ALICE is back.

"Europe is a long way to go for just one show, so I feel that we are going to have a lot more to do.

"Because this is Europe and a big festival, don't count on any special ALICE tickets but you never know what the future brings.

"Let me explain why things went down the way they went down. It was not the way we wanted it to happen. The festival promoter secured a bunch of really big bands like METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES and ALICE. The promoter decided to have a big press conference on Monday [Feb. 20]. We had not finished securing the 'business side' of the show by the time Monday rolled around. Because Monday was President's Day, our office was closed and we could not make a decission regarding releasing the info to you guys. Our European agent, because our office was closed, made an executive decision to release the show info. We fully support his choice but could not say anything untill we spoke to him to get the full stroy and due to the time difference and travel we could not make the announcement untill just now.

"Guys, please remember that nothing is official unless it comes from our office. We like to surprise you but sometimes that is not always possible.

"Jerry, Mike [Inez, bass], Sean [Kinney, drums] and the managment team are doing our best to keep you guys informed. You mean a lot to the guys and they want you to know that."

ALICE IN CHAINS frontman Layne Staley died on April 5, 2002 from a mixture of heroin and cocaine. Staley was found dead two weeks later, surrounded by intravenous drug paraphernalia in his Seattle apartment. The death certificate reads Staley's death resulted from "an acute intoxication due to the combined effects of opiate (heroin) and cocaine." The death was classified as "accidental."

As previously reported, COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist and member of Jerry Cantrell's touring band William DuVall has been tapped to sing lead vocals with ALICE IN CHAINS at the taping of an episode of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!", a tribute to HEART that will take place March 10 at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. It is not presently clear if DuVall will be joining the group on any of the other dates that are currently being scheduled. 

Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2006, 10:52:17 PM »

thats going to be a kickass concert. i wish Layne was still around though Cry

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2006, 11:11:12 PM »

Guns N' Roses, Alice In Chains, TOOL, KoRn, Deftones...  Wow, just need Audioslave... drool drool drool drool drool

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: