Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  "Rambo IV: In The Serpents Eye"
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Rambo IV: In The Serpents Eye"  (Read 8958 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« on: December 14, 2006, 10:47:49 AM »

from comingsoon.net

Sylvester Stallone may be 60-years-old, but he's not slowing down anytime soon. As many of you know, the final "Rocky" hits theaters later this month and he's not stopping there. In addition to bringing the iconic character Rocky Balboa back, Stallone will also be portraying Rambo one more time for the upcoming film, Rambo IV: In the Serpent's Eye.

Stallone talked to ComingSoon.net today in Los Angeles about why there will be another Rambo, what we can expect and why he won't be bringing back any other of his characters.

"I've been working on this thing called Rhinestone. Slimestone Cowboy. (everyone laughs) That's my contribution to birth control. Put that on and nobody wants to touch. Just kidding, sorry, that's what keeps me sane. No, that would be it, because Rambo is a character that I think was not fully expressed in the last one," said Stallone. "Even though Afghanistan was the downfall, it was Russia's Vietnam. What happened was it was about 10 days before the movie came out, Gorbachev comes over and basically kisses Nancy Reagan on the cheek and the cold war, 50 years later, is over and now I'm the bad guy. It's true. Why are you red bater? I said two weeks ago we were dropping bombs on these guys. So any time you do a film that deals with a political subject, you don't know, even though I'm doing it again. It's extremely volatile. But, yeah it would just be Rambo because it's a character I think that is completely out of sync with the way things are. He's so primitive and he's so broken, his spirit, that he lives this monastic life out on the jungle. I think it's an interesting character study. I haven't seen anything like it lately."

But, just because he's been working on big blockbuster films doesn't mean you won't be seeing him in an indie film soon.

"Early on everyone should do, every time they do a big film, they should do a little film. It really does keep you grounded. I would probably like to direct "Poe" after this. I wouldn't even be in it, I would just be behind the camera. It's something that I've wanted to do. I talk about it so much, I feel like I've made it 50 times. It'll probably bomb anyway, but I'll do it. It's one of those tough subjects, but it's a fantastic character piece. So that's what I would probably do and then after that who knows."

So what is the latest "Rambo" going to be like?

"I wouldn't say this is a veteran's journey. It's more like the veteran mentality of the Vietnam War, which is juxtaposition today. The soldiers today I think are vastly different. A different breed. I think they're a little bit more aware. The other guys are a bit more na?ve, and they went head-long into these crazy situations. Look at the death toll. 52,000 and by today's standards that's unbelievable. A quarter of a million suicides after that from people who were damaged by the war. It's just in his attitude and his demeanor that you know he's still quite distraught by what he's been through, but yet he can't escape it, damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't."

Sly's Rocky Balboa hits theaters on December 20

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 12:44:49 PM »

Lame if you ask me - Rambo back in afghanistan hunting Osama is what we should be seeing.  Then again, hes in Pakistan isn't he? haha

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
guns_n_motley
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 04:03:52 PM »

Lame if you ask me - Rambo back in afghanistan hunting Osama is what we should be seeing.? Then again, hes in Pakistan isn't he? haha

whats this one gonna be out?? i didnt see him give a description of it... I did read though he wants to make it like a traditional action movie..

I cant wait...new Diehard, rambo 4, indiana jones 4

its gonna be good for action movies next year Cool
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 01:57:29 AM »

Lame if you ask me - Rambo back in afghanistan hunting Osama is what we should be seeing.  Then again, hes in Pakistan isn't he? haha

whats this one gonna be out?? i didnt see him give a description of it... I did read though he wants to make it like a traditional action movie..

Hate to burst your bubble ,but Indiana Jones 4 aint happen next year. It might go into production next year but want hit the screen till at least 2008. 

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 01:55:33 PM »

Lame if you ask me - Rambo back in afghanistan hunting Osama is what we should be seeing.? Then again, hes in Pakistan isn't he? haha

Hate to burst your bubble ,but Indiana Jones 4 aint happen next year. It might go into production next year but want hit the screen till at least 2008.?

It will probably be 2008 assuming they get a script

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 02:11:46 PM »

anyone heard "Rambo" by frankenstein draggqueens from planet 13 song ?

lyrics are:
R-A-M-B-O
Blow em up like Rambo

He is a killing machine,
He's the best combat vet that you've ever seen,
And now he's all alone
and what you call hell he calls home,
he was just walking the streets,
Some cop had to push his authority,
He just wanted some lunch,
But when they fucked with Rambo, they fucked up,

R-A-M-B-O
Blow em up like Rambo

You need an army against this man,
And don't forget a good supply of body bags,
one thing he'll say to you,
"Murdock, i'm coming after you"

R-A-M-B-O
Blow em up like Rambo

cool song? ok  it gotta make the soundtrack  hihi
guns_n_motley
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 10:29:24 AM »

has rambo 4 even started filming??
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 12:49:02 PM »

has rambo 4 even started filming??

my lord, u are a bit slow.wikipedia already has info on it and a poster for it (dont know if it teaser)

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »

Actually just some up to date information on the flick...

-It has been retitled from "In The Serpent's Eye"  to "Pearl of the Cobra"

-Odds are it may not have Rambo IV in the title.

-It is in pre-production meaning, everything is being finalized with the cast, script and such before fliming actually takes place.

-It's due out in Spring of 2008.

-Sly is starting to grow his hair long for the character.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 11:27:01 AM »

this is from a new stallone interview.. doesnt sound too positive Huh

iF: What about RAMBO sequels?

STALLONE: RAMBO is still a work way down the line. We are still talking about it. I really have to think, where does RAMBO fit in today? I think ROCKY does fit in that message. I?m not sure about RAMBO, or at least me as RAMBO. ROCKY is the bright side and RAMBO is the dark side. He?s an interesting character, but he?s not the kind you can go, ?Here son, watch this tape and be just like him.? You go, ?Here, watch ROCKY.?

guns_n_motley
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 12:25:41 PM »

heres some more tidbits from stallone himself

From AICN: "Presently, the bad guys in RAMBO IV are the sadistic leaders of a far-Eastern country. The soldiers are sadistic and they slaughter helpless villagers. Believe it or not, it?s a modern day sampling of THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN. Their motivations are political, and sexually perverse, as documented for a fact. They?ve been known to resort to skinning alive, crucifixions, beheadings (with the head remaining on a pole for months)?. Wow, I don?t want to go on because it?s too sick to believe?. I?m actually thinking of making RAMBO IV a musical, and for the big finale every evening he blows up the entire audience."
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 12:33:24 PM »

Lame if you ask me - Rambo back in afghanistan hunting Osama is what we should be seeing.  T
Wasn't Rambo III the one where he was in afghanistan training osama?
Talk about conflict of interests.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 12:37:25 PM »

wow Sly is really trying to live off the past isn't he Undecided i guess the calls for new roles stopped coming in after that F1 movie he did rofl

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 01:25:36 PM »

wow Sly is really trying to live off the past isn't he Undecided i guess the calls for new roles stopped coming in after that F1 movie he did rofl

It was actually CART not F1, he wanted to do a movie about Senna but the usual suit shit happend and we got Driven

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 10:53:58 PM »

Indiana Jones 4 is not coming out next year. And unfortunately may never come out because George Lucas is being an asshole.

There's a lot goin on here.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 06:22:05 PM »

I think sequels get a bad rap.

As long as they stay relavent and the film is great 'like Rocky Balboa, Who cares how many they do?

Stallone isnt "living" off past characters, he is just giving them the farewell they deserve.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 11:11:37 PM »

I think sequels get a bad rap.

As long as they stay relavent and the film is great 'like Rocky Balboa, Who cares how many they do?

Stallone isnt "living" off past characters, he is just giving them the farewell they deserve.

exactly.. the rambo character just cant end with 3.. I guess in the 4th one He should somehow find his peace.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 12:10:47 PM »

I believe it is now called Pearl of the Cobra??
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=40

So what is the verdict on the script? Is it as good as ROCKY BALBOA? The answer is a resounding yes. It is really, really good

Sounds good  ok

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »

"A triumphant and thrilling ride when Rambo takes over Sun City Center in Florida, demanding that 'shuffleboard Fridays' get extended to 8:30 pm."
guns_n_motley
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 01:53:36 PM »

"A triumphant and thrilling ride when Rambo takes over Sun City Center in Florida, demanding that 'shuffleboard Fridays' get extended to 8:30 pm."

same lame jokes eh??? looks like rocky surprised everyone well see
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »

LOL is rocky your father or something?   hihi

Rocky actually did look good, I'd probably rent it when it hits dvd, but that ain't gonna stop me from giving it a good ribbing now.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »

LOL is rocky your father or something?? ?hihi

Rocky actually did look good

it was amazing how ripped Sly was in that film

Hemingway
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »

it was amazing how ripped Sly was in that film

Really impressive. I know at 35 yrs it take a tremendous amount of work, to even lean down, much less get ripped like THAT. I can not imagine the work involved to hit that level at his age. Amazing.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »

i guess stallone figured he was already ripped from filming Rocky, might as well start a new rambo movie. this should be cool, Rambo III was a fun action move, i'll probably see this in theatres.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »

The Name's Rambo, John Rambo
Source: Moviehole February 20, 2007

Moviehole received word that Sylvester Stallone has thrown out the name Rambo IV: Pearl of the Cobra for the fourth installment of the franchise:

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not. On the news tonight, when Stallone was being interviewed by Richard Wilkins, he said that the name of the 4th Rambo film is going to be called John Rambo, in keeping with the "Rocky Balboa" thing.

The movie starts shooting on February 23 in Thailand

Hemingway
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »

Not based on fact, just the way I see it.

Going by the previous 3 movies, I'm guessing Rambo will actually die in this one. It goes along with the whole "warrior code" thing from ancient times whereby the only place a fighting soldier can find peace is in death (think medieval here.) I'm guessing this is the way Stallone will end the franchise. It would fit the character... just like the ending of Rocky Balboa (which I won't spoil here for those that haven't seen it. If you have seen it you'll know what I'm talking about.)

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 11:08:39 AM »

first shots of the new rambo movie

http://www.flynetonline.com/2007/03/rambos-last-mission-in-thailand.html

RIP to stallones career.

Hemingway
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »

first shots of the new rambo movie

http://www.flynetonline.com/2007/03/rambos-last-mission-in-thailand.html

RIP to stallones career.

Wow, What's next ? Stop Or My Mom will Shoot 2 ?

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 05:49:29 PM »

People said the same shit about Rocky. who cares...

Have you read the script? or seen the movie?? I think not..

ive read a review of the script. and they gave it a b+ saying it was just as good as balboa
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 11:48:09 PM »

People said the same shit about Rocky. who cares...

Have you read the script? or seen the movie?? I think not..

ive read a review of the script. and they gave it a b+ saying it was just as good as balboa

i'd just like to see some originality and creativity in hollywood.

not some 60 yeard old drugged up asshole like stallone come out with the same movie he did over 30 years ago.

Hemingway
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: