Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Release Date news story gets lost in a mega-thread... why?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Release Date news story gets lost in a mega-thread... why?  (Read 3220 times)
Edward Rose
« on: December 13, 2006, 05:35:52 PM »

This is what I posted on page 20 in the "Sebastian Bach talks about Axl/GN'R" thread...

I think this is lame. I've never critisized this bb yet, but we actually have a recent quote from Baz that confirms there IS a release date for ChinDem, and the story gets burried into a "related" thread. For fans looking for positive news about the new album, I don't think it's cool to bury the news story like this. Most members won't find it on page 17 of a 20+ page thread. I didn't even SEE it here. I found out about Baz's quote by doing a daily "Rumor Check" at mygnr, because it was a thread with its own title.

Huh

Just my oppinion.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 05:55:10 PM »

hmm i dont think its that big a deal really.   the date baz knows, we all know that can change until its announced.   i think when its a concrete release date there will be its own thread for it Smiley
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 01:18:18 AM »

Its similar to when Baz let the title of the song "sorry" slip.  Its cool new info, but there is really no way we can talk about it because we've never heard it.  Sure, Baz may know the release date, but since we don't know what it is there is really nothing to discuss about it.

Skol Vikings
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 01:19:56 AM »

Yeah that kind of sucks. It's pretty big news (because it shows that as of now there is a firm date set) and should have it's own thread so people can see it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 01:20:38 AM »

Baz: "So when are you gonna release the album Axl?"

Axl: "Uumm, soon"

Baz: "I know when it's coming out"

That's why nobody cares. If there was a set release date we would have known about it.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 01:22:15 AM »

Maybe there isnt a set date but he has an idea of when itll be out and they are working on setting the actual date now. Maybe he said to Baz "we're going to release it sometime in late January"

Just a thought.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 01:23:53 AM »

Maybe there isnt a set date but he has an idea of when itll be out and they are working on setting the actual date now. Maybe he said to Baz "we're going to release it sometime in late January"

Just a thought.

Axl had an idea on when they were going to release it in 1996. Until the date is set in stone there's no point in getting excited.

Edward Rose
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »

That's why nobody cares. If there was a set release date we would have known about it.

Baz is a seasoned rocker, just like Axl. He wouldn't have said that unless he knew the date.

My point just has to do with the way I would think someone would run a bb. Most Guns bb's have 2 problems right now. One; The negative posters saying ChinDem will never come out. Two; Nothing to talk about. This news tid bit takes care of both of those problems and at LEAST deserves its own thread. I'm not saying Baz's words should be taken literally, but at least should be discussed. It's sad that I found out about it by doing a Rumor Check at another bb.

I don't always read the last page of an old thread because sometimes they get bumped by a stupid comment added recently. And even if I did find Baz's comment here in that manner, I would have to go back one page at a time to figure out when the newest post was made and what the hell everyone is talking about. It just shouldn't be that way, in my oppinion of course.

But maybe the moderators have a good reason for not allowing it to exist as its own thread. I know there's reasons for everything, so I'm not flaming and I'm all-ears for an explanation.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 11:10:30 AM by Edward Rose » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 11:49:16 AM »

Baz is a seasoned rocker, just like Axl. He wouldn't have said that unless he knew the date.

Just like Axl said it would be out this year? Just like Bach was talking about the album still not being finished a couple of weeks ago? There is nothing in your logic, or Bachs statement, to suggest there is a set date. If there is a set date why don't they tell us? With all the bad media coverage starting to surface I would think their main priority would be to put an end to all speculation by releasing the info everybody wants.

Edward Rose
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 01:58:40 PM »

Just like Bach was talking about the album still not being finished a couple of weeks ago?

Where and when did he say this?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 02:39:49 AM »

Just like Bach was talking about the album still not being finished a couple of weeks ago?

Where and when did he say this?

So why can't he just get them done?

"He doesn't explain that to me because he doesn't need to. It's his album and his art," Bach said

Ambigious I know, but he agrees to the fact that it still isn't finished there. But who cares about that now right hihi

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: