Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:05:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Catcher In The Rye" - Discussions
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Catcher In The Rye" - Discussions  (Read 154129 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2006, 12:24:39 AM »

ummm its great but... it doesnt sound like the whole song.... Huh

but anyway i love it, cool synth work, cool guitar work, awesome lyrics as? usual from axl.

theres alot of stuff going on, it needs to be mixed. the final product is gonna kick ass.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 12:32:41 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2006, 12:24:49 AM »

It is my belief this track leaked once the person collected Prostitute in trade for it, I imaging Prostitute is the next song that is going to be held for trade. I would watch out though now....

It is my belief you are a dip shit.  You're boring dude.  Now be quiet so I can listen to this track.....  smoking

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2006, 12:25:11 AM »

listen to the guitar at 2:27   that IS Brian May!! Cheesy

Well, ya know..........that really does sound like him.

May help create that Queen sound too........lol
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2006, 12:25:37 AM »

This is gonna be one of those albums where it stays in the top 20 for well over a year with hit after hit.  Its gonna have something for everyone just like all his previous albums. beer  KICK ASS

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2006, 12:25:39 AM »

I guess I'll go with the unpopular route..

This is the Worst leak so far, narrowly edging out I.R.S.

The song just does nothing for me. It sounds like it's trying to be an "epic", trying to reach that November Rain and Estranged status, but it falls extremely short.

One thing that annoys me about this song is that it seems to keep building to something, like you're waiting for the big November Rain-esque solo, or the unforgettable riffs in Estranged and SCOM, but it just.. never happens. There's a decent little solo in the middle, but this song keeps dragging you and leading you to expect this spine tingling solo (like in TWAT), or a trademark Axl scream (also like in TWAT) that gives you goosebumps and it just never happens.

And I don't know WHAT the deal is with Axl's voice, but it sounds horrible. I'm not expecting the scratchy voice of the G'n'R heyday but I wasn't planning on hearing a guy who sounds like he's trying to impersonate Axl either.
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2006, 12:25:54 AM »

" every time i see them makes me wanna have a gun..." ? hmmmmmmmmm slash n duff??

Live N' Let Die
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2006, 12:25:58 AM »

If May is on the Axe then damn.. The final clear version will be great. Anyone out of the loop.. PM me and I can get ya back in.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2006, 12:26:03 AM »

It is my belief this track leaked once the person collected Prostitute in trade for it, I imaging Prostitute is the next song that is going to be held for trade. I would watch out though now....

It is my belief you are a dip shit.  You're boring dude.  Now be quiet so I can listen to this track.....  smoking

True dat.

Go run along and pretend to be somebody else........somewhere else.
alexh0618
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2006, 12:26:12 AM »

listen to the guitar at 2:27 ? that IS Brian May!! Cheesy
Fuck yea it is!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2006, 12:26:36 AM »

It is my belief you are a dip shit.? You're boring dude.? Now be quiet so I can listen to this track.....? smoking

i'll 2nd that!!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2006, 12:26:53 AM »

The hiss in the background and the error at 4:37 means this track was probably sourced from a cassette tape.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2006, 12:27:07 AM »

The song just does nothing for me. It sounds like it's trying to be an "epic", trying to reach that November Rain and Estranged status, but it falls extremely short.

One thing that annoys me about this song is that it seems to keep building to something, like you're waiting for the big November Rain-esque solo, or the unforgettable riffs in Estranged and SCOM, but it just.. never happens. There's a decent little solo in the middle, but this song keeps dragging you and leading you to expect this spine tingling solo (like in TWAT), or a trademark Axl scream (also like in TWAT) that gives you goosebumps and it just never happens.

And I don't know WHAT the deal is with Axl's voice, but it sounds horrible. I'm not expecting the scratchy voice of the G'n'R heyday but I wasn't planning on hearing a guy who sounds like he's trying to impersonate Axl either.

Maybe the point of the song is too be mellow and not to be an epic.. Just a mellow piano driven song.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2006, 12:27:25 AM »

The hiss in the background and the error at 4:37 means this track was probably sourced from a cassette tape.

I noticed that..........
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2006, 12:27:40 AM »

On the third listen off it now .Song  just gets better and better.

now if only the album would come out so we could hear the finished version.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2006, 12:28:15 AM »

Brian May's on this one?  Can't wait to hear it.  For those of you who've heard it, do you think it's Axl or Dizzy on the pianos?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2006, 12:28:49 AM »

I think the studio version of this song will be incredible...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2006, 12:28:56 AM »

On the third listen off it now .Song  just gets better and better.

now if only the album would come out so we could hear the finished version.

Yea, it may be one of the best so far.

I am sorry I doubted Axl's vision here................
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

Brian May's on this one?

We're just assuming - but yeah, it sounds like him.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2006, 12:29:29 AM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=ea618cbd811fa42f6174f71a0261a3be&showtopic=63878

great song. i wouldnt post links if i was yall.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2006, 12:30:07 AM »

Maybe the point of the song is too be mellow and not to be an epic.. Just a mellow piano driven song.

I agree...not every tune has to reach for the stars...i think the pace and style of this song fits the tone perfectly.  Would LOVE IT if I can get the lyrics to this, I think that will even add more to the style. 

I can just picture an AMAZING video for this song.  I can see this appealing to a lot of people.  See you don't need robot noises to appeal to a mass audience...just good, classic rock Smiley

keep in mind its a demo, I can picture a soaring guitar outro backing the vocals towards the end at 4:18

nevermind, there is a cool guitar part at the end   peace

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: