Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:36:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  a post in support of jarmo
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a post in support of jarmo  (Read 3318 times)
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« on: December 16, 2006, 04:14:10 PM »

having visited and read this site daily since the summer of 1999 i have seen the new incarnation of guns n' roses grow and develop from the start with the release of "oh my god" to finally getting to see them twice on tour this summer, and alot of people seem to take the person who has made it possible to follow daily GN'R updates online for granted. jarmo doesn't have to do anything for us, he gets no profit from it, he uses his spare time to provide fellow guns n' roses fans with updates and news, all to make a nice GN'R community online for us all. without this site the information regarding guns n' roses, at times, would be very slow. he has made this site, he runs it, he puts his heart into it and he runs it how he sees fit, and watching all the attacks and criticism lately regarding "cencorship" seems unfair.

would you like to see a GN'R fansite filled with negative posts, pointless and misleading rumours and hate for the band and its members? if you do, i suggest you sign up for mygnr.com or any other out-of-control jungle of rumours and misinformation. we are all here for one thing, discussion and information about guns n' roses and fellowship with other fans, and the reason that we can all have a good time here and the reason why this site's good reputation has even reached axl himself is largely because of jarmo's decision and hard work to single out and get rid of misleading information and criticism against the band. axl himself has made it clear numerous times that people who generate false rumours and speculation hurt fellow guns n' roses fans in the end, so jarmo is indeed doing a good job as an administrator with his work to keep this site clean and well-informed.

without the work put into this site by jarmo and his moderators, our access to information concerning all this GN'R would be considerably smaller, not only because this site has the most updates but because without strict moderation of this board we would have to dig through endless speculation and rumours to get any information, which in the end may turn out to be false. so i applaud jarmo for running this board the way he does, seeing as this is a fan site we should focus on what fans do best, support our favourite band. negative criticism has no room on a fan board in my opinion. those of you who call it cencorship to run a fan board free of hate and misleading information are free to leave, if your "freedom of speech" is in any way harmed by not being allowed to bash the band we are here to support then maybe you didn't have alot to contribute in the first place.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 04:53:53 PM »

it seems we have one every day, but everyone has their opinion of why this site is great, and much of it can be attributed to the great team of moderators and of course our brilliant administrator - jarmo  beer
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 06:01:45 PM »

And Jim.
As Evo would say, he's our moderating idol. hihi

Let me just use this thread to say: Jarmo! Got my HTGTH shirts yesterday and they are preeetty nice! Cheers for those. ok

Evolution
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »

And Jim.
As Evo would say, he's our moderating idol. hihi

To Jim!  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: