Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 08:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228071 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  poltics of this board
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: poltics of this board  (Read 67486 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #240 on: December 17, 2006, 04:38:07 PM »

i like you dave, you were always one of the most persistant defenders of axl, so i have a hard time understanding why lately you want to view everything in a negative light regarding both the band and this board. why the change?

Dude your a punk.
Leave Dave alone.. reading this thread is giving me a headache. People are stooping low. Dave is a big fucking fan, in the same way I am, Jarmo is, or you are. Isn't that all that matters?

You don't have to agree with the band all the time to be a "fan" or "axl lover." If we all agree with everything, why have a forum to discuss things?

It's getting out of hand.

you don't even know me, and i suggest you take a first grade spelling lesson before you attempt to insult or even address me again. good day.

hihi

Commenting on peoples spelling when you can't even capitalize your letters or punctuate properly?

And what did I spell wrong exactly?

Your a joke man. You have no real position to argue upon so you just comment on something as trivial as someones spelling.

gnrevolution.com
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2006, 04:40:12 PM »

Perhaps 2007what! was commenting on the word 'your'. In the UK it is spelt you're but as far as I am aware in America it's usually spelt the way you typed it?

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #242 on: December 17, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »

why do you call me a joke and a punk? check my message history, not once have i insulted you, dave or any other members of this board. talking about stooping low all while you insult me over nothing? what's wrong with you? i offered my opinion and asked dave a sincere question, why don't you address your unfounded anger to someone who has actually attacked either you or dave or any other member of this board, because unlike you i haven't. now stop talking to me, it's freaking me out.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #243 on: December 17, 2006, 04:41:34 PM »

Perhaps 2007what! was commenting on the word 'your'. In the UK it is spelt you're but as far as I am aware in America it's usually spelt the way you typed it?

no. i believe even in america they use grammar.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #244 on: December 17, 2006, 04:42:16 PM »

i like you dave, you were always one of the most persistant defenders of axl, so i have a hard time understanding why lately you want to view everything in a negative light regarding both the band and this board. why the change?

Its all about respect. Calling me or anyone a liar and/or a hater because of info obtained ?(from a legit source) or an opinion that differs from the band is wrong. What they should be doing instead of censoring this board, just say, well that is not the info the band gave out, I (the mod) will believe that and you can believe what you want. If that happened then it would just end, but the mods here not have to tear into the person and claim they are posting bullshit when there is proof that "theory" could be the truth. Just because its not allowed to be posted on this board doesnt mean it cant be the truth just because it didnt come from the gnr camp. Just because I dont think the gnr camp was being truthful on maine or because I dont think axl wrote that letter (which axl probably never wrote that many press releases) doesnt mean I am  a hater or a bullshit spreader but that is what the mods like to claim I or anyone else is that post things that dont blindly follow everything this band says
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 04:44:23 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: December 17, 2006, 04:42:36 PM »

Nearly all American posts I've ever read use the word your rather that you're.

Not saying they all do but as an observation it does appear to be commonly used.

When you took everything

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #246 on: December 17, 2006, 04:44:48 PM »

Could have been it.

why do you call me a joke or a punk? check my message history, not once have i insulted you, dave or any other members of this board. talking about stooping low all while you insult me over nothing? what's wrong with you? i offered my opinion and asked dave a sincere question, why don't you address your unfounded anger to someone who has actually attacked either you or dave or any other members of this board, because unlike you i haven't. now stop talking to me, it's freaking me out.

And yeah, actually, your correct.

I read the thread and felt kind of disgusted so my anger was misdirected. I didn't mean to insult you and I honestly apologize. I'm sorry 2007what.

Can't we all just get along?  peace

And seriously, 2007, you're right. My bad.

gnrevolution.com
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #247 on: December 17, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »

Nearly all American posts I've ever read use the word your rather that you're.

Not saying they all do but as an observation it does appear to be commonly used.

well, that just means the posters lack intelligence. simple as that. i learned the difference between "your" and "you're" when i was like 7, but that's beside the point of this thread. all i did was defend myself against this rabid person who attacked me twice over nothing.

2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #248 on: December 17, 2006, 04:46:01 PM »

Could have been it.

why do you call me a joke or a punk? check my message history, not once have i insulted you, dave or any other members of this board. talking about stooping low all while you insult me over nothing? what's wrong with you? i offered my opinion and asked dave a sincere question, why don't you address your unfounded anger to someone who has actually attacked either you or dave or any other members of this board, because unlike you i haven't. now stop talking to me, it's freaking me out.

I read the thread and felt kind of disgusted so my anger was misdirected. I didn't mean to insult you and I honestly apologize. I'm sorry 2007what.

Can't we all just get along?? peace

it's fine, i have better things to do than to sit here and argue anyway. peace.

sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: December 17, 2006, 04:46:29 PM »

Yeah we appear to be ruining the vibe of this thread  hihi

I thought we could maybe distract everyone from the original issue but we failed Sad

When you took everything

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #250 on: December 17, 2006, 04:46:48 PM »

Could have been it.

Can't we all just get along?  peace

it's fine, i have better things to do than to sit here and argue anyway. peace.

Peace

gnrevolution.com
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #251 on: December 17, 2006, 05:24:33 PM »

the mods like to claim I or anyone else is [a hater] that post things that dont blindly follow everything this band says

Fancy trying the straight answer path again? You ignored me last time.

Let's give it a bash. Direct me!

And remember... Mods. You pluralized it.  Smiley

Which means you're going to need multiple examples, buddy!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #252 on: December 17, 2006, 05:35:11 PM »

the mods like to claim I or anyone else is [a hater] that post things that dont blindly follow everything this band says

Fancy trying the straight answer path again? You ignored me last time.

Let's give it a bash. Direct me!

And remember... Mods. You pluralized it.? Smiley

Which means you're going to need multiple examples, buddy!

You, adz and jarmo.
You lose.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #253 on: December 17, 2006, 05:39:33 PM »

What the FUCK are you talking about? I have not once called you a hater, nor would I even care if you were!

Dude, you're a mentalist.

Thank you for illustrating my point, and showing that you are clearly delusional, would like to consider yourself of more importance (or interest for that matter) to us than you are, and clearly lack the ability to comprehend what you are reading. What self indulgent crap this sideshow is, and I think that you will find that I asked you to direct me, not list names. Wouldn't exactly hold up in court now, would it? Link me, because if you don't, well...

It is you who loses, my friend.

Big time.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #254 on: December 17, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »

You, adz and jarmo.
You lose.

False. I said you might get labeled a hater if you do certain things. I didn't say you were one.

My quote was:

No Dave, disagreeing isn't what makes anybody a hater.

Spewing shit, spreading halftruths and speculate about things you have no idea about in order to to make yourself look cool, would get you that label though.

So take it back please. I didn't label you specifically a hater. I explained what might get you (or anybody else posting here) the label from other people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: December 17, 2006, 05:47:17 PM »

I case you haven't noticed, people who's favorite band members aren't in the band anymore tend to be a bit more bitter....

/jarmo

I've been reading Dave's posts for years, and it never occured to me he was a big BH fan. ?Unlike every Slash fan, who includes "Slash" in their forum handle and include it in their signature and bring it up everytime a guitar player is meantioned

I mean, I could have overlooked a bias, but uh - really, I haven't seen any. ?I think this may be an exaggeration that Dave's bitter about it. ?Or a bad surmise...because I couldn't ever tell, and I tried to read all of his posts.

Anyway, news to me that he's bitter about BH......
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: December 17, 2006, 05:48:34 PM »

You, adz and jarmo.
You lose.

False. I said you might get labeled a hater if you do certain things. I didn't say you were one.

My quote was:

No Dave, disagreeing isn't what makes anybody a hater.

Spewing shit, spreading halftruths and speculate about things you have no idea about in order to to make yourself look cool, would get you that label though.

So take it back please. I didn't label you specifically a hater. I explained what might get you (or anybody else posting here) the label from other people.

/jarmo

Then it's pretty clear to me that Dave hasn't done those things because of that list.  ?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »

So take it back please. I didn't label you specifically a hater.

Yep, same here. In fact, I actually said almost the opposite.

So take it back, about me too, please.  Smiley

Which leaves you with Adz (and this will be good), but either way you still need to reach your plural target, my friend.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

Then it's pretty clear to me that Dave hasn't done those things because of that list.  ?

It's up to you to decide whether or not you wanna label him.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2006, 06:42:45 PM »

As a relative newcomer to actively participating on HTGTH, and as someone who does not equate postcount with status, let me just say this:

Things have gotten awfullly weird around here in the past few months. ?From right around the time the RS article hit clear through now, in fact. ?Just my opinion, of course, but still - there's been a marked change in the...atmosphere of HTGTH. ?Deleted posts, lots of GnR-related things deemed "off-topic," "unavailable for discussion," etc. ?In spite of having reason after reason to celebrate and be happy about all things GnR, people continue to throw insults at one another, threads become quickly derailed by stupid, meaningless posts or inappropriate personal attacks that go on and on, many times between a mod and a poster. ?Meanwhile, other posts that do not fit into either of those categories are deleted due to discussing non-negotiable topics, whether they have to do with GnR or not. ?I'm far from one to jump on the paranoia bandwagon, (again, I've only been posting here during the past 12 months) but there has definintely been a change. ?

To those who are frustrated with the censorship/deletions/etc., I say this: ?I totally agree...it *is* frustrating. ? When I started reading this board years ago, it seemed that the main ground rule was that you loved GnR. ?All sides of issues were openly discussed, pro and con, and it was a great forum to speculate, appreciate, and connect with other fans. ?Recently, it seems that no matter how objective a post may be, or how much respect and adoration for the band a poster has, too many things that should be "allowed" for discussion are not. ?

True, much of what is said is rumor, and unsubstantiated rumor at best...but so what? ?In theory, isn't that what such a forum is for? ?Talking about your favorite band with other fans is one of the best thing about being a devoted fan, and that includes rumors. ?I assume we all care for very different and very personal reasons about the current and future success of GnR, we all want the album to be released, we all want the best for the band, etc. ?Me, I treat that as a given. ?If I get into a disagreement with someone around here, so be it - we still have that common love of GnR. ?

However, it also could be that the band is closer than they've ever been to releasing CD, tensions are high in certain circles, and there is a tremendous amount on the line right now. ?Assuming - and that's a colossal assumption - that this site is in any way working with the band, enforcing their wishes, whatever the case may be, I can only in turn assume that it's for a reason, and a very good one at that. ?

Suppose the negative spin that has resulted in the RS release date or Merk's actions have put undue pressure on the band or skyrocketed Axl's insecurities about putting the album out? ?Suppose the more negative the buzz gets, the more reluctant he is to continue working? ?And what if the Mods of this site now had to deal with an influx of "fans" who have only recently discovered GnR, and do not have a love or apprecation of the complex history behind the current band? ?And worse, that these "new fans" kept showing up in large numbers to take shots and complain? ?If such a thing were to be true, I'd do whatever I could to squelch that negative buzz myself simply because I so desperately want to hear that album and hold it in my hands, no matter how many fans or message board mainstays it might upset or alienate. ?

And if something I said on this board in any way contributed to further delaying the long-awaited album by my favorite band? ?Especially when it's safe to say those within or close to the band pay attention to what goes on around here? ?No matter how good my intentions were, or how fair and objective I was being, I'd have a very hard time forgiving myself....just not worth it.

So where does that leave me between now and March? ?On the sidelines, I suppose. ? I can't say participating on this board is doing much for my enjoyment of the band when I have to watch what I say and where I say it so it doesn't get deleted for whatever reason. ?When the band was totally silent for years, this was the place that helped me get my fix, and hope for the best in the the future.  Anymore, it seems to be only adding to the overall frustration.  So I'm following the "take a break" advice (at least from trying to post in most of the GnR threads), and we'll see how things play out from there. ?In the meantime, I hope things get a bit more back to normal around these parts...but not as much as I hope CD comes out in March. ? ? ?beer
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: