Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Message Board Hypocracy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message Board Hypocracy  (Read 3362 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: December 17, 2006, 03:11:11 PM »

Are you people serious around here? Spent 30 min discussing a relevant GNR topic and a few clicks later they are deleted.

I dont get the mods anymore. You run a fukin board for a band that preaches about all kinds of freedoms and not taking shit etc yet you censor the fuck out of this place. I can see the deleting of posts about old vs new topics, pointless Slash is god stuff, and other crap that rightfully gets deleted but I mean cmon. Enough is enough.

Does everyone have to agree with what this band does or say? Where in the rules does it say you cant dispute something GNr does? I dont get it. How come a few years back it was ok to go after people who spewed negativity about this new band but now its not ok if you have some minor concerns or whatver against what they are doing now. Its being a joke around here. And it kills me to say it. I love this board. It still is the best place for GNr but you know what Jarmo and company, your turning people off. People who have been long time fans of GNr, people who have 10000% supported this new band, people who are called "nutswingers", etc. Your turning them way off.

You cant say boo about what this band does nowadays and thats pathetic. Flat out a joke. This was once a place where you can support this band, be against this band and be able to discuss both sides. How many arguments did we all have about old vs new back in the day. thousands......hours upon hours of debates....And guess what...All the "haters", for the most part arent even here anymore. They got it. But you know what? Now your pushing away the other passionate side who actually give a fuck about this band..

I spent a good half hour discussing the Axl/Merck stuff and then bam it gets deleted! Thats bullshit. Pure bullshit.

Do I have to hang on every word Beta now says? A few months ago if you werent on board with Merck your gone or cant voice your point. No that hes gone, he doesnt count, so Beta is the new voice of reason? Cmon people. Godforbid Axl is percieved to have some fukin flaws around here

All I know is that Im a diehard gnr fan and a sports fan as well. And when my teams make stupid offseason moves, or any kind of bad move, Im allowed to voice my view on that. And people were once allowed to do that here. But for some reason things have changed around here. Now people "just dont get it" andits lame...

I can go on and on but you know what this prob will get deleted{for those keeping score at home, it did}. And thats lame as well.

Its getting harder and harder to post here. Your just pushing people away. Ill wait till the album hits. cause your just wasting your time if you have an even SLIGHTLY different view on things around here...And thats bullshit.....
Nice job Jarmo

and again, I think what you have done and are doing is amazing, I met you and your a great guy, and I have nothing agaisnt you personally but I just dont agree with how things are being run these days...

take it easy
Peace

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
MCT
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 03:45:24 PM »

Are you people serious around here?

Not around here, no.

Spent 30 min discussing a relevant GNR topic and a few clicks later they are deleted.

Those bastards.

I dont get the mods anymore.

Me either. I mean, I always used to have at least one in my stocking every year.

You run a fukin board for a band that preaches about all kinds of freedoms and not taking shit etc yet you censor the fuck out of this place.

There's a particular vagina out there that I would LOVE to "censor the fuck out of".

Yes, I get your secret code, you dirty minded little thang... Wink

I can see the deleting of posts about old vs new topics, pointless Slash is god stuff, and other crap that rightfully gets deleted but I mean cmon. Enough is enough.

I agree. Slash isn't God. At least not in the Judeo-Christian sense that you're referring to.

Does everyone have to agree with what this band does or say?

That, or get beaten with a jar of pickles, yeah.

Where in the rules does it say you cant dispute something GNr does?

It's right there on the cover of Lies!

Seriously, you didn't know that?

I dont get it.

Me either... Undecided

How come a few years back it was ok to go after people who spewed negativity about this new band but now its not ok if you have some minor concerns or whatver against what they are doing now.

Ever since 9/11...

Its being a joke around here.

Yes! Just like that War Amps dog who was looking to get adopted!

rofl

Funny shit!

And it kills me to say it.

But...

I love this board. It still is the best place for GNr but you know what Jarmo and company, your turning people off. People who have been long time fans of GNr, people who have 10000% supported this new band, people who are called "nutswingers", etc. Your turning them way off.

You're still alive.

And I can prove it! Because you keep talking! Look:

You cant say boo about what this band does nowadays and thats pathetic.

That's because "boo" is politically incorrect as it discriminates against ghosts.

Flat out a joke.

Who's fat?!?

This was once a place where you can support this band, be against this band and be able to discuss both sides. How many arguments did we all have about old vs new back in the day. thousands......hours upon hours of debates....And guess what...All the "haters", for the most part arent even here anymore. They got it. But you know what? Now your pushing away the other passionate side who actually give a fuck about this band..

Sounds like Queen Amidala addressing the Senate.

<thunderous applause>

bow

I spent a good half hour discussing the Axl/Merck stuff and then bam it gets deleted! Thats bullshit. Pure bullshit.

Well don't blame Jarmo! Shocked! God, blame the crazy Brazilians in the GNR section! They're the evil ones.

Do I have to hang on every word Beta now says? A few months ago if you werent on board with Merck your gone or cant voice your point. No that hes gone, he doesnt count, so Beta is the new voice of reason? Cmon people. Godforbid Axl is percieved to have some fukin flaws around here

Is it fair to say that because she works for Axl, Axl is the Alpha?

All I know is that Im a diehard gnr fan with a vengeance.

Cheesy

and a sports fan as well.

I like lawn bowling.

And when my teams make stupid offseason moves, or any kind of bad move, Im allowed to voice my view on that. And people were once allowed to do that here. But for some reason things have changed around here. Now people "just dont get it" andits lame...

Lame like Tiny Tim before he got a turkey or whatever for Christmas that magically healed him. Can you say PLACEBO?

I can go on and on

Me too.

but you know what this prob will get deleted{for those keeping score at home, it did}. And thats lame as well.

Lame like Christopher Reeve when he found out he couldn't fly.

Its getting harder and harder...

Just like my penis.

to post here. Your just pushing people away.

I've always felt the same way about posting. Like you're pushing people away. Weird.

Ill wait till the album hits. cause your just wasting your time if you have an even SLIGHTLY different view on things around here...And thats bullshit.....

Cow patties!

Nice job Jarmo

Shouldn't that be in the Jarmo appreciation thread?

and again, I think what you have done and are doing is amazing, I met you and your a great guy, and I have nothing agaisnt you personally but I just dont agree with how things are being run these days...

take it easy
Peace

Live long and accost her (your wife) every chance you get.

peace
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 03:56:54 PM »

^that is probablly the lamest post i've ever read, i can't beleive you wasted your time like that.

and I agree with the original poster, HTGTH is changing and things are getting out of hand.  But, HTGTH is the official "unofficial" GNR forum, so what do you expect.  If you want an ubiased and objective forum, this is not it.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »

I agree with younggunner.

Seems crazy.

And then people get blasted for even suggesting a change. Why? Beats me. But it's crazy.

I understand where the mods are coming from, but why can't we even mention you know who's letter? Ridiculous. Might as well be the official forum.

Theres a difference between being negative and being objective Jarmo/Axl/Beta/Mods/ect.

I'm just being objective.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 04:36:35 PM »

As long as this board has existed, I've used certain guidelines.

I'm not gonna start changing them because some of you think it's a pain in the ass to deal with.

You can say "it wasn't like this before" all you want, but during this site's existance, nothing in the GN'R world has ever been like it is now.

2002 wasn't even nearly as huge as 2006.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 04:41:04 PM »

As long as this board has existed, I've used certain guidelines.

I'm not gonna start changing them because some of you think it's a pain in the ass to deal with.

You can say "it wasn't like this before" all you want, but during this site's existance, nothing in the GN'R world has ever been like it is now.

/jarmo

It's true. I respect you Jarmo and the board is still great. Come here everyday.

We'll just have to ride the tide and get used to it for a little while.

Figured I should just put in my 2 cents.  beer

gnrevolution.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »

/jarmo

damn right it wasn't  beer

I personally admire that this site changes with the times and isn't an outdated piece of crap.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 06:44:54 PM »

I agree with younggunner.

Seems crazy.

And then people get blasted for even suggesting a change. Why? Beats me. But it's crazy.

I understand where the mods are coming from, but why can't we even mention you know who's letter? Ridiculous. Might as well be the official forum.

Theres a difference between being negative and being objective Jarmo/Axl/Beta/Mods/ect.

I'm just being objective.

? ? -jack

Wow.  Maybe what I just posted here - http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=41373.260 - should have gone in this thread instead...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: