Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:51:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last night of tour - full performance of Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last night of tour - full performance of Chinese Democracy?  (Read 14729 times)
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2006, 09:02:33 AM »

As a signal to the fans, media and general worldwide consumer base it would be a smart move for GNR to play Chinese Democracy in its entirety on the last night of the U.S. tour.? This way we would all gain the confidence that they have, in fact, written and rehearsed an entire album of material.? Bootlegs of the show would swarm the Internet (much like the leaks did about a year ago), allowing for the new sounds to sink in.? The quality of the bootlegs would, of course, be different than studio versions, so quite a bit of value would exist in the studio album.? In addition, having a live version of CD spread all over the place could actually help reduce the expected impact of the album leaking before it hits stores.? The wide availability of the bootleg songs would reach many downloaders before the leaked studio versions (or at least confuse them).

Just a thought on a way of giving back to the hardcore fans, generating buzz and protecting the value of the studio recordings.

very stupid topic

I have never seen so many tree
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2006, 09:05:39 AM »

stupid idea. but playing ONE new title + Civil War could be at least a little christmas gift.

+ why don't they put some live mp3s on the official website ? i suppose all this stuff is recorded right ?

so Guns, give us some decent soundboard bootlegs for Christmas, we deserve that !

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006, 09:07:32 AM »

most people who go to the shows don't want to hear the whole new album.

tell you the truth even as much as i can't wait to hear more CD material, i think if i was attending the show i wouldn't want them to play the whole thing anyway. as cool as it would be, it's just more fun being at a show when you already know most of the songs.
i like how they played Think About You the other day - something like that is a better idea.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2006, 09:08:07 AM »

yeah, Civil War would do the trick!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 09:18:33 AM »

If they play all the new songs + TWAT and Rhiad, I think it would be cool enough! Grin

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:21 AM »

IMO that would be a really bad idea, they could play maybe TWAT or rhiad but no other new more then the 5 usual
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:45 AM »

The only way they could play the whole album is if they did it in a private party type setting in a secret after show party-gig type way.  The way they did the accoustic shows.  That way a buzz would be created and not much would be leaked.  But it's unlikely that shit would ever happen.
LP
the moment they'd do that it will be out on the boards.
Not much of the accoustic shows leaked and not in any decent quality either.
LP
that's because only people on the boards were interested in those shows
but the whole chinese democracy album that people expect for 13+ years and until a few days ago did not even have a release date? i think there would be people who'd pay lots of money to get that out

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2006, 09:38:33 AM »

halfway off topic but I haven't ever seen a boot from China footage(02) either.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2006, 10:21:08 AM »

i hope not. i want this album to be a surprise....For the last show they should play every song they played in 06 and have 1 big fukin bash....And Axl says see ya in March at the end of PC...that would be good enough for me.. I wish I had the money to go to that last concert

Ive seen them 5x this year and except for 1 show they pretty much were amazing and blew me away every show...especially MSG and the first Hammerstein....

Im craving a show right now....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2006, 10:27:42 AM »

Since its their last show for a while, I think Axl will just play a lot of songs he really likes to play.
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2006, 10:38:15 AM »

Well, it seems you folks don't understand the music business or economics in generall all that well.  I can understand why Axl can't stand most of us Internet motherfuckers now.

Do you realize that only a few thousand people are die-hard, message-boarding fans?  Consider the fact that GNR has played over 70 shows with an average audience size of 12,000 people, that makes the Internet contingent less than 1% of the GNR fan base.  This means that barely anyone out there would actually download the bootlegs of a live performance of Chinese Democracy.  However, the media buzz would be phenomenal.  Every entertainment outlet would cover such an event.  This would give the mass consumer base confidence that a real album exists and it's worth purchasing.  Right now, Axl is a bit of a laughing stock to the general public so people may be hesitant to buy.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2006, 10:53:59 AM »

I dont think this will ever happen...I dont even think I would want it to...Im sure if this album is all high tech and new like its rumoured to be they probably wont be able to play some of the songs live, or have it sound good anwyays

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2006, 11:02:40 AM »

I dont think it would be a good idea because we would listen to the live version and it we wouldnt give it a fair judgement.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2006, 02:22:10 PM »

I think for the last day of the tour, they should play every song ever made.

That'd be cool.  drool

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2006, 02:26:04 PM »

^^ rofl

Add Civil War and Prostitute to the setlist, and it'd be freakin' awesome.  drool

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »

Never going to happen.

Ping
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 03:59:44 PM »

Quote from: m on Today at 05:26:10 AM
Iron Maiden are playing their latest album from beginning to end on their current tour, and it isn't going down well with fans!

Saw them in Glasgow do it on Friday and gotta say the opposite is true. So many have seen the classics before, it was time to do something that no-one seems to do anymore. Plus we got Fear Of The Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name and other oldies at the end.

I was also at that show - magic!  But Guns are never going to do the same thing.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
ben9785
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2006, 04:48:49 PM »

Considering those setlist pictures with the "options", based on that there they MAY have the POSSIBILITY of picking two other options for new songs. One more new song? MAYBE. Two more? Might be pushing it.. The whole album? No way. A live showcase of the album in its entirety would be at the absolute most, less than a week before the release date. Considering things are a bit more definite about the release of the album, and by the time they come back in January things will slowly but surely be in motion for the final stages of the album, they may feel more confident to debut another new song or something.. Either that, or we might see something new when the tour resumes..

But as I said in my previous post, they may play all the current new songs.. maybe even Rhiad? Or throw in some old oddities, whether it's stuff they've done on the tour on and off, like "Think about You" and "Used to Love Her", "You're Crazy", "Down on the Farm"....... Or something really rare like "Civil War".. who knows
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 04:51:55 PM by ben114 » Logged
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 04:57:55 PM »

not a chance, it would kill alot of the promotion for the album
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 04:59:52 PM »

It'll be the same show as the rest. Maybe Axl might say something about the next tour and about the album coming out in March (tentativly).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: