Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:25:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??  (Read 33376 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

GNR music has alwasy been about heart and emotion .

2006 they have a heart and a soul. Seeing them live you can feel and see there emotion. And that is what it is all about.

Playing like and sounding like a machine is not GNR.

Clown costumes belong to the insane clown posse not GNR.

I'm not into pretend stuff so BH gone from the mix is ok by me.

BBF is more than capable.

BH may be the best guitar player in the world but no need for him to be in GNR.

Maybe Axl wanted him back before, well that is in the past I would bet AXL does not want him back now and old BBF is replacing all his shit. Count on it.

If Bucket looks like clown how do you will call them

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=41462.msg838021#msg838021

Guns N Fucking Roses of course beer

costumes are reserved for kiss and insane clown posse. I see no stinking costumes in the ablove link.? hihi

And james I admire you feelings for bucket, he is just not my type  rofl

seriously he is a master on guitar, i know that.

Thanks for the songs, great playing but not my thing sorry.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 03:48:59 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2006, 03:47:45 PM »

.just because you play fast doesnt mean you have any sense of emotion..he was like a machine.

Thanks for saying that. You've proved you know nothing about Bucket. I don't have to argue with you any more.

I am not talking about his solo albums...I am talking about the way he played GUNS stuff live!!!! he just stood there like a statue and shredded away...it was like having a robot onstage...are you going to argue that!?! if you do, you obviously didnt go to any of the 2002 shows like i did...That was ALWAYS the knock on Buckethead...he played with no feeling...The only time he showed an ounce of passion was when he was playing his star wars bullshit in between songs..you can talk about his solo records all you want...I am talking about the GNR material..you know..the stuff people actually care about
So in other words, you dont like the CD material. He has a profound impact on all the songs so far with the exception being The Blues and CITR. Dont start up with a bunch of BBF love either, because he's just trying to replicate what BH did.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2006, 03:52:21 PM »

.just because you play fast doesnt mean you have any sense of emotion..he was like a machine.

Thanks for saying that. You've proved you know nothing about Bucket. I don't have to argue with you any more.

I am not talking about his solo albums...I am talking about the way he played GUNS stuff live!!!! he just stood there like a statue and shredded away...it was like having a robot onstage...are you going to argue that!?! if you do, you obviously didnt go to any of the 2002 shows like i did...That was ALWAYS the knock on Buckethead...he played with no feeling...The only time he showed an ounce of passion was when he was playing his star wars bullshit in between songs..you can talk about his solo records all you want...I am talking about the GNR material..you know..the stuff people actually care about
So in other words, you dont like the CD material. He has a profound impact on all the songs so far with the exception being The Blues and CITR. Dont start up with a bunch of BBF love either, because he's just trying to replicate what BH did.

umm Bucketheads parts on Better, IRS, Madagascar, the Blues and Chinese Democracy dont make or break the songs...The songs were well crafted and lyrically brilliant...it is not like any of his solos save the songs....The songs are great to begin with..I love how you guys act like Buckethead was the savior of GNR..he was one of MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY members who came and went over the years.....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »

and one more thing..I love how you guys defend Buckethead when he completely fucked the band over in 2004...anyone remember that? Look if it turns out that Buckethead wrote the majority of Chinese Democracy Ill give him his due...but he didnt do anything special with the classic Guns songs when I saw them multiple times in 2002....actually people were chanting Slash's name during his solos everytime I saw them in 2002...In 2006 however I see the crowd completely embrace the new band and all of the guitar players....I have not heard a Slash chant once...at any show I went to....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2006, 04:10:24 PM »

and one more thing..I love how you guys defend Buckethead when he completely fucked the band over in 2004...anyone remember that?
How did he fuck the band over? You mean to tell me Axl couldn't play AFD with a few bonus tracks at Rio without him? BBF was signed right before Hammerstein, and Axl had months to find a replacement for Rio. If he fucked over Axl so bad, why was Axl trying to get him back prior to Hammerstein?
but he didnt do anything special with the classic Guns songs when I saw them multiple times in 2002....
So now we're back to that? Well, thats a double edged sword. If you can say that about BH, then you're saying the same fucking thing about BBF. You cant hate BH but love BBF. Period. BBF is just trying to replicate what BH did.
..actually people were chanting Slash's name during his solos everytime I saw them in 2002...In 2006 however I see the crowd completely embrace the new band and all of the guitar players....I have not heard a Slash chant once...at any show I went to....
Guess why they arent chanting Slash's name? Because anyone in the world with a fucking brain knows he's in VR now.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 05:23:46 PM »

There Was A Time - BHs solo the best part of the song

Madagascar - BHs solo the best part of the song

Chinese Democracy - BHs solo and riffs best part of the song

I.R.S - BHs solo one of the best parts of the song

Better - BHs parts vital

It's only The Blues and Catcher that doesn't need BH to function properly.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 05:36:41 PM »

umm Bucketheads parts on Better, IRS, Madagascar, the Blues and Chinese Democracy dont make or break the songs...The songs were well crafted and lyrically brilliant...it is not like any of his solos save the songs....The songs are great to begin with..I love how you guys act like Buckethead was the savior of GNR..he was one of MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY members who came and went over the years.....

I notice how you avoid mentioning TWAT completely in your argument. Also to say Buckethead plays with no emotion, solo or in GNR, is just ridiculous. If you can't hear the emotion in the TWAT outro or Madagscar then you need your ears testing! And I do believe both solos are vital to the outcome of the aforementioned songs. I'm not argueing the fact that Ron LOOKS better in the band and is more interactive with the fans etc, yeah he's a great guy but BH is a better player, period! Someone said BF is more than capable of playing Buckets parts, this obviously isn't the case, we have audio proof of that! I think he can handle the shredding stuff reasonably well but the emotional stuff he can't unfortunately.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 05:57:09 PM »

I went to a 2002 show, and Bucket converted me on the spot. Allstate Arena, 17th row, sold out show. Crowd was insane. And there was no Slash chant. That's BS.

And, in Reply No. 52, you said Bucket ran around the stage like a moron.? Now you say he stood still like a robot. Just makin' shit up as you go, eh?

The fact is, when the CD comes out, people are gonna miss Bucket's parts. It  happened when they started playing the leaks live, and it'll happen when the new studio versions are heard.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2006, 06:04:04 PM »

The fact is, when the CD comes out, people are gonna miss Bucket's parts. It? happened when they started playing the leaks live, and it'll happen when the new studio versions are heard.

If they are all removed, that is yet to be determined. Leaving his parts on Madagascar and TWAT is essential. They may get away with the other songs, but those two, it's like erasing Slash from NR and Estranged.

We know Axl is influenced by the fans, so let's hope he's seen all the crying for BHs part and decided to leave them on the record.

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »

The fact is, when the CD comes out, people are gonna miss Bucket's parts. It? happened when they started playing the leaks live, and it'll happen when the new studio versions are heard.

If they are all removed, that is yet to be determined. Leaving his parts on Madagascar and TWAT is essential. They may get away with the other songs, but those two, it's like erasing Slash from NR and Estranged.

We know Axl is influenced by the fans, so let's hope he's seen all the crying for BHs part and decided to leave them on the record.

Right, sir. If ....

And that's the point of this thread, not how he performs in the setting of a GNR concert.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:15:16 PM by bigbri » Logged

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2006, 06:23:15 PM »

Right, sir. If ....

And that's the point of this thread, not how he performs in the setting of a GNR concert.

I can't even see why people wouldn't want him on the stage either.

We got Finck, Stinson and Fortus rocking the stage looking cool as hell, and then you got this weirdo on the side of the stage on a podium that just comes out once in a while to blow peoples minds with blistering solos and licks.

How can anyone not want that? It would be the coolest most original show on earth.

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »

As much as I appreciate Buckethead's playing (I am a guitar-player myself), I prefer Ron in almost every way. Sure, technically he might not be as talented as mr Bucket, but speed and skill isn't the only thing that counts when being in a band.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2006, 06:32:51 PM »

Right, sir. If ....

I can't even see why people wouldn't want him on the stage either.

We got Finck, Stinson and Fortus rocking the stage looking cool as hell, and then you got this weirdo on the side of the stage on a podium that just comes out once in a while to blow peoples minds with blistering solos and licks.

How can anyone not want that? It would be the coolest most original show on earth.

Another thing. Bucket was becoming the 2nd star of GNR during the 2002 tour.  He was giving the media something to talk about. Remember the Kurt Loder scoop. No one is gonna get that treatment in the current GNR.

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2006, 06:41:18 PM »

It still doesn't take away the fact that the myth Buckethead will always overshadow the guitarist Buckethead. He says he covers his face and talks through a doll to make his guitarplaying the focus, but it really has the opposite effect.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2006, 09:50:54 PM »

oh thats right I forgot to mention bucketheads contributions to TWAT....lets see which part should we go over, the intro which sounds like the wu tang clan or the solo at the end that dragsssss onnnnnnnnnn forever..............I dont understand the love affair on this board with TWAT and CITR, they are both the weakest of the new leaks...that is not to say they are bad songs...its just IRS, Better, The blues, Madagascar are way better....
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2006, 09:54:57 PM »

oh thats right I forgot to mention bucketheads contributions to TWAT....lets see which part should we go over, the intro which sounds like the wu tang clan or the solo at the end that dragsssss onnnnnnnnnn forever..............I dont understand the love affair on this board with TWAT and CITR, they are both the weakest of the new leaks...that is not to say they are bad songs...its just IRS, Better, The blues, Madagascar are way better....

Opinions are like assholes, dude.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2006, 09:55:58 PM »

Opinions are like assholes, dude.

I agree both YOU and I got em........
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2006, 09:57:33 PM »

I hope his parts are gone.  He is not in GN'R anymore so he should not be on the album.  Give me Bumble anyday.  However, if that would slow the release of the cd, keep Bucket's parts on. 
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »

I hope his parts are gone.? He is not in GN'R anymore so he should not be on the album.? Give me Bumble anyday.? However, if that would slow the release of the cd, keep Bucket's parts on.?

*puts on track #7 on Lies*

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2006, 10:13:04 PM »

I hope his parts are gone.? He is not in GN'R anymore so he should not be on the album.? Give me Bumble anyday.? However, if that would slow the release of the cd, keep Bucket's parts on.?

Dude, it already did delay the release of CD. So, what do you want now? Still Bucket? Or Bumble?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: