Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Media after Chinese Democracy?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Media after Chinese Democracy?  (Read 3865 times)
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« on: December 19, 2006, 08:47:11 AM »

I just thought I'd put this out there and get some opinions.  The media has changed considerably since Axl was last fully in the spotlight 15 years ago.  Now that Chinese Democracy is just around the corner; what kind of attention will Guns N' Roses receive?  15 years ago the Music stations and the Entertainment News shows were alot more about broadcasting entertainment than trash....now it seems it is only the controversies and smut that make the news.  Do you think GN'R will just be little foot notes in these shows or do you think it's gonna be like "Whose the mystery actress seen with Axl Rose leaving a New York nightclub...tune in tommorow" I mean are they gonna start whoring Axl out as news? I'd like to see them in the media but I don't want to be hearing " Tune in tommorow when we will show exclusive footage of the Bumblefoot sex tape...." It's kind of the difference between someone like Johnny Depp who is low key and only does his shit in the media when he has to and someone like Paris Hilton whose the biggest attention whore there is. What kind of media attention do you think GN'R will get?

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:53:26 AM »

depends on Axl. the tommy hilfiger thing was front page here in new york.
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »

i think that we don't get worry about this when the album is out will we have our opinions and the press of course other usually no as good like we say but it is not time to talk about this, just wait a like more.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 09:03:44 AM »

" Tune in tommorow when we will show exclusive footage of the Bumblefoot sex tape...."

I'm sure there are a few ladies that would be glad to hear that  rofl
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 02:38:53 PM »

Axl will always make the news....not sure about the other guys though

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gnfnr2006
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 03:31:01 PM »

I dont think ANYONE will be able to resist at least mentioning GNR and Axl one CD drops. Hell, how many company have reported on Axls letter and Izzys playing Sunday night? And if CD is as good as "they " say it is, they will be on the spotlight for a while. I also hope the media doesnt make the band look like shit, but there will certainly be some dirt  Sad
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 04:13:47 PM »

As they say, there's no such thing as bad press.
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 10:41:12 PM »

Unless you're Britney Spears! rofl

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 11:27:46 PM »

Unless you're Britney Spears! rofl

haha yeah

RoCoKiN: that is a good question. I think that all the atension you hear all the other bands that are considered "in" now today, i think that G'n'R will get that and more. As soon as you know it it will be 1987 all over again ok

Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY in March of '07 beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 12:43:41 AM »

I know for a little while after CD comes out there will re-emerge the old vs new guns debate...I just hope that when the dust settles the current GN'R become widely accepted.  The biggest thing for the new band is moving out of the shadows of the old band.  Props to Richard, Robin, Tommy, Brain, Frank and Chris...it must be rough for them sometimes when they have to deal with fans that haven't evolved...if you think what we see on here is rough...I can't imagine what they go through!

markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 04:58:54 AM »

I know for a little while after CD comes out there will re-emerge the old vs new guns debate...I just hope that when the dust settles the current GN'R become widely accepted.? The biggest thing for the new band is moving out of the shadows of the old band.? Props to Richard, Robin, Tommy, Brain, Frank and Chris...it must be rough for them sometimes when they have to deal with fans that haven't evolved...if you think what we see on here is rough...I can't imagine what they go through!

Agreed, a lot of people still think its just Axl in Guns now.  A lot of older fans I knew aren't aware and its gonna take time and a lot of advertising and media coverage.  Its hard for any old school rockers to make a comeback especially when there has been so much bad press.  The problem mainly being that Chin Dem has been singled out as the best rock album ever and that is something that is going to get them a lot of criticism if it doesn't live up to the press comparing old Appetite to Chin Dem. I think Axl & Co have gone too far plugging it in this way, we'll just have to wait and see but if Rhiad & Silkworms are anything to go by it will not compare to Appetite.  Every track is solid on Appetite and Silkworms is plain crap in my opinion.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: